Resist Or Not

He's Back

A smile crept up on my face as I saw him walking towards me. And even though he had a beanie and a scarf that covered most of his face I knew it was him, I just knew it. And I was right, because he strode up to me and slid his oh so familiar hand into mine and squeezed it slightly, before we started to walk.

With me dragging him along for a change, it would always be him dragging me around, but not today.

It didn’t take long before we reached my apartment, as we stepped inside the elevator my heart started to pound frenetically. No, not because Sung Yeol had pulled me closer to himself as we where standing there. But because I was afraid of small areas, such as elevators, that’s why I’m always taking the stairs wherever I go up or down.

But it would be weird if I insisted on taking the stairs, and with Sung Yeol already being pumped out off all energy it didn’t feel fair.

“Scared?” Sung Yeol’s voice brought me back to reality and I found myself smile a small awkward smile, which only caused him to laugh amused as he then said that it was nothing to be worried about, and if they where to get stuck at least I wasn’t going to be alone. But still, I didn’t even want to think about getting stuck in here. Not even with Sung Yeol.

The sound echoed through the speakers, indicating that we’d reached the finish as the doors the slid open, to my relief. After that we’d exited I brought him to the outer door of mine. Adrenaline was still pumping around in my blood, which also had the side-effect of me not getting terrified over that I was going to let Lee Sung Yeol from idol group Infinite inside my home, the apartment I was living in.

I slid the key inside the lock and heard how it clicked, it was open. If he wanted he could just grab the handle and open. But he didn’t. He stood there and waited, waited for me to reveal all the secrets that were stored inside that small area.

After taking a deep breath I opened, luckily for me I’d had enough time to clean up the mess that had been spread all around the floor. And with that I mean a lot of clothes. He stepped inside and glanced around before a smile was plastered on his lips as he snickered that it was small. Well it wasn’t like I needed something bigger. It was only me after all.

“Are you hungry?” I asked and then opened the refrigerator only to realize that it was rather empty, I really need to buy some food tomorrow. “Sure” was his reply and I picked out some Kimchi and then asked him if it was alright to just eat ramyeon, he did a thumbs up before I started to boil up the water.

It didn’t take that long before the food was ready to be eaten. Though it was probably not something you usually prepare for a guest – I mean boyfriend, that visits you’re house for the first time. I still have a bit trouble with actually call Sung Yeol my boyfriend; it’s just so surreal and unbelievable.

“Here you go” I placed two bowl of ramyeon and then one with Kimchi on the table, as I sat down opposite of Sung Yeol who eagerly stared at the bowl in front of him. Happiness filled my body and I smiled as I picked up my chopsticks. It was nothing wrong with the taste, at least we where two about that because Sung Yeol was practically stuffing the food inside his mouth.

“You shouldn’t eat so fast” he stopped eating and looked up on me as he smiled, before he told me that he always ate fast. It was something he’d learned to earn time so that he could practice. “Still, your tummy will hurt” I cried and pouted slightly, the last thing I wanted was for him to get hurt. And stomach ache is not something that is appreciated, not even for a giraffe. Much to my relief he did slow down and ate in peace.

“When is your comeback date?” I wondered as I ate up the last of my ramyeon and finished it off with some Kimchi, I loved the strong taste that tickled my taste buds, just like how Sung Yeol was causing my whole body to tickle in delight.

“October 15th”

That was next Friday. I guess they must be really pumped out because of all the practice they’ve been put through. *I wonder how Howon is feeling, is he also tired?* I couldn’t deny that I still cared about him. But that was going to change, it had to.

“Here I can take it” I uttered after that he had finished his food as well, before I took everything to the sink and told him that he could watch television while I cleaned up the dishes.

As I stood there, Howon’s face showed up before my eyes and I felt how my stomach twisted in discomfort. It felt as if I needed to puke because the whole world around me was spinning like a carousel. But all that suddenly stopped when Sung Yeol’s voice appeared, he was asking if I was all right. I guess he must’ve seen that I had swaged a bit when standing there.

“I’m fine” I replied in a happy tone so that he didn’t have to worry, because he sure didn’t. It was just my brain ghosts playing with me and nothing more. I continued with washing the last of the dishes and a few minutes later I turned off the water and dried my hands on the kitchen towel hanging next to the sink. As I did so I asked Sung Yeol if he wanted to do something. But there was no reply what so ever.

And that’s when I noticed that it was a lot quieter than before, the TV had been turned off. After turning around I saw why. Sung Yeol was sleeping – on my bed. I glanced on the clock hanging over the table; it was late and s where soon going to wonder where he was.

I tip-toed over to the bed and started to say ‘wake up’ in a light tone as I poked his arm, but he wasn’t moving an inch, what if he was one of those that where really hard to wake up. Oh god.

Instead of poking his arm I lifted my hand to his cheek instead. He moved slightly, but he didn’t wake up. Ugh what am I going to do? Moreover where am I going to sleep? I shifted my gaze from Sung Yeol to the couch. It was a rather old couch and simply not one that was comfortable to sleep on, but today I had no choice.

“I’m going to pay back someday” I murmured as I turned around and before I got the chance to take a step forward, towards the couch. A hand had grasped my wrist and thus causing me to jump, a bit startled by the sudden touch. I hadn’t expected that Sung Yeol was awake since he hadn’t recalled my ‘wake up’ words. I guess he’d just been fooling around. And I weren’t ready for what happened next. And with that I really mean it, not in my wildest dreams could I predict something like that.

He swiftly pulled my wrist and thus caused me to fly over the bed and hit the spot next to him, since it only was a single bed it was not much space, definitely not.

“W-what are you d-doing” I stuttered as my heart was pounding, both because of the adrenaline and also because of the closeness between us. “I want the pay back now” he smirked, it was a devilish smirk and I gulped down on my saliva, as I wondered what kind of things he had in mind. God no, I would never do that. And definitely not with someone I’ve barely known for two months. Hell no.

“Don’t look at me like that” I’d shifted my gaze from his eyes to his lips, which was a bad mistake because that impulse of suddenly wanting to kiss him invaded my mind yet again. I want to, but I shouldn’t.

*Please Mi Yeon just resist it today*

But I couldn’t.

One of his hands had sneaked around my neck, and thus brought my head closer to his as our lips met once again. But this time it was even more passionate. That if it could get even more passionate than the first one we shared. Somehow everything around me suddenly just floated around, like I was lying on clouds in the sky. And even though the situation was rather intimate, with the two of us lying so close to each other, still that awkwardness was totally blown away. Because of the kiss, it washed all the fear out of my heart. Maybe I actually loved him.

A few moments later we broke apart and I found myself blushing at the sight of Sung Yeol’s face, it was like he was waiting for more. Out of nowhere I suddenly yawned, well I was rather tired since school was taking up much time. Plus all the hours I was spending at the studio I didn’t get many hours of sleep every night. “Tired?” he asked with a sincere voice and I nodded my head in reply.

I debated with myself whatever I had enough courage to actually place my head on his chest; it would act as a perfect pillow. Since Sung Yeol himself had taken the one and only pillow I owned right now. After taking a small breath I placed my head firmly on his chest, and luckily he didn’t object.

I felt his arm around my waist pulling me closer and then how he planted a small kiss on my head and told me to sleep. Which I after a few seconds also did with the beats of Sung Yeol’s heart echoing in my ears, but not without feeling a light tug of pain in my heart as a face appeared in front of my eyes; Howon.