Yooyeon

He's Back

It had been my turn to be sick, for one week I’d been lying in bed with fever and a cold. One week without meeting anyone. Even though phone calls and text messages had interrupted each other, if it wasn’t Yeon Ji then it was Sung Yeol. I had even received a text from Hoya; he said that he wanted to meet up with me as soon as I was healthy again, though I didn’t know if that was good or bad.

But at least I had gotten time to think about the stalker, who she could be. But I couldn’t come up with anyone, not even one name. This needed to end. I can’t spend all my free time with living in fear. It wasn’t going to work.

I could hear how someone knocked on my door, immediately my heart bumped faster and my eyes widened. With light steps I tip-toed over to the door and glanced in the small glass-eye that showed who was standing on the other side of the door.

Yeon Ji.

What was she doing here? Moreover how did she know where I lived?

Without hesitating I opened the door and was greeted by a torn Yeon Ji, it looked like she hadn’t gotten any sleep for days. She hadn’t started taking drugs, right?

“What happened to you?” my question came out as shout and I blinked my eyes at my own reaction, but Yeon Ji didn’t seem to bother that I’d shouted at her. She grabbed my arm and pulled me inside the apartment as she closed the door behind herself and locked it before she started to talk. A bit too fast for me because I couldn’t copy a word of what she said.

“Yeon Ji, could you take that again” I asked her and for the first time she actually slowed down and stopped before she looked at me with an apologetic look on her face. “Sorry” she slumped down on my couch and glanced at me.

“I think I know who your stalker is”

My heart officially stopped beating. Was this why she where all tired and worn out, because she had been investigating on her own. What if that girl hurt Yeon Ji when she was trying to figure out who it was? A cold rush of fear ran through me.

“Who?” I nearly begged her but it looked like she was hesitating a bit. “Please, you need to tell me” I sat down next to her on the couch and took a hold of her arm as I squeezed it lightly. She moved under my grip as she turned her head to look at me. I cringed by the look of her eyes, they were blood red, really scary. She sighed.

“I’m not sure, but I’m almost certain that it is Yooyeon” she stated and I looked at her, I didn’t recognize that name. Did she really go to our school?

“Eh, who’s Yooyeon?” I murmured my question, a bit embarrassed that I didn’t know. On the other hand, it wasn’t like I had learned all the names of those who I had classes with; it was for god’s sake over thirty people I had different classes with. And Yeon Ji was actually the only one I where friends with.

“You know the girl who commented on your voice”

“N-no – yes, her. Why do you think it’s her?” I questioned her choice of girl, it didn’t make sense. Why would she do something like this? She, who seemed so nice and polite, but on the other hand, not everyone are what they seem. I of someone knew that, because I was deceiving Sung Yeol.

“You should see her notebook, god I’ve never seen such an obsessed fan. She had scribbled down Sung Yeol’s name and then wrote future husband next to it. Anyway, that wasn’t really what I wanted to say. She had your cell phone number written down as well, on the same page. Do you think she know, about your relationship?”

Instead of feeling scared, I felt anger filling every part of my body. What had I ever done to her, besides that I was Sung Yeol’s girlfriend. Which she obviously had a crush on, but did she really believe that threatening someone would solve anything. That if she got rid of me, she would become Sung Yeol’s girlfriend, I have a hard time believing that.

“She must, maybe she overheard when I told you”

Yeon Ji swiftly nodded her head before she asked me what we where going to do, I couldn’t call the police. This couldn’t turn into a case, for the members of Infinite’s sake.

“I guess the only thing we can do is to talk to her”

~~

Said and done, we had searched for Yooyeon the next coming day. But she hadn’t been to school; if she was sick or just skipped we didn’t know. “What are we going to do know, wait?” I sulked a bit; I wanted to talk to Yooyeon as soon as possible, so that I could ask her why she was doing this.

Out of the blue, Yeon Ji suddenly asked if I knew where Yooyeon lived. But I didn’t. “Good thing I know then” she showed of a small smile before she grabbed my hand and started to pull me along as we walked to the nearest bus stop.

About ten minutes later we where in Sadang, outside a high-rise apartment block, the building itself was rather boring, just like any other building here. I hesitated, what was I going to say to her?

“Are we really doing the right thing?” I asked Yeon Ji who was standing next to me in the elevator. Unfortunately Yooyeon lived on the 29th floor and I couldn’t use the staircase, not if I wanted to get up there today.

I don’t think my body has ever been this tense of anticipation. And it didn’t help much that I maybe was risking not just my own life doing this, but also Yeon Ji’s.

A light knock on the door fallowed and we waited, and waited. It felt like an eternity before someone opened the door. It was Yooyeon herself. And she was staring wide-eyed at the both of us.