Stalker

He's Back

One week have passed since mine and Sung Yeol’s “confession”, Hoya had stayed away. I didn’t know why, if he was plotting something or if he just didn’t want to see me. But that wasn’t what bothered me the most right now. Because that same person had called me again, I knew the voice. It felt as if I’d heard it before but I can’t recall from where. This time, that person had told me to stay away, yet again. But that was not everything. The person had said something more, something that made me scared.

“I know where you live, and if you don’t stay away something terrible will happen”

Someone must know about the relationship I have with either Sung Yeol or on the other hand, with all the Infinite members, they where my friends, even MyungSoo who had turned from a jackass to a really good friend.

I can’t call the police because then everything will get exposed and the career of the Infinite members might be over. And that was the last thing I wanted.

A loud peeping sound brought me back to reality, my phone. Someone was calling. I looked at the ID and saw Sung Yeol’s name printed on the screen. After taking a deep breath I answered with a calm tone, when in fact I was everything but calm.

“How’s everything?” he showed his cheerful side, even though I knew he was tired. Their schedule was packed. To be honest I couldn’t understand how they had the energy to do everything that was set up. But I guess they don’t really have a choice. “Not that great” I told him honestly, it was no idea in trying to hide anything. I’m already hiding so many things that I don’t think I have more space inside me.

“Wae?”

“I think someone is stalking me, because I’ve got this creepy phone call saying that I should stay away and that if I don’t then something will happen to me”

There was a moment of silence before Sung Yeol was screaming for the other members. “Y-yah what are you doing?” I stuttered, as I wondered why he had called for the rest of the members. It weren’t like they could help me. I could hear how Sung Yeol was talking to the other members; even though it was low I could tell apart some words, that I where being stalked, probably by an Infinite fan and that they should do something.

After a few minutes Sung Yeol appeared once again.

“We’ll help you”

“What do you mean, what the person probably means is that I should stay away from you, from all of you” I replied and regretted that I’d ever said something. I was bringing on even more trouble onto the members. “Please don’t overwork yourself”

“You are my girlfriend, it’s natural to help each other out” I could sense that he was smiling. Why was he never worrying about a thing? It was like he lived in a fairytale. A fairytale world I wished I was living in.

~~

I hadn’t gotten much sleep that night, nightmares was haunting my dreams. Even the worst sort of situations seemed possible. Was the person capable of killing me? But, it was one thing that troubled me. The voice of the caller, it was familiar, but from where? It wasn’t like I had many friends or enemies for that matter.

It has to be a girl. A boy would never go through all this. Well maybe if it was a girl group.

It was time for school, something I didn’t feel like going to right now. I wanted to know who that person was. Why would someone ever do something like that. At least I had Yeon Ji. She knew, I told her a few days ago. Most important I checked that no one was around when doing so. Just so that no one else but she heard it.

Wait what if someone overheard it at school, about me and Sung Yeol. But there is one problem; the calls began before I told Yeon Ji so that didn’t make any sense.

I don’t think I’ve ever been this paranoid before, it felt as if everyone was stalking me, that they where all fallowing my every move. It was scary. But I couldn’t let it affect me, my life was already turned up-side down. I didn’t need more bad things. I had enough of those.

“MI YEON” unknowingly a smile plastered itself on my lips, Yeon Ji. I turned around and face Sung Yeol’s older sister that slung her arm around my neck and squeezed my body closer to hers.

“Everything okay, you seem a bit glum”

“No, something happened. Can we take it later I need to get to class” I untangled her arm and started to walk towards my piano class. It was only me and another girl who had piano as majoring. She was special, not Yeon Ji style. But in a different sort of way, she was calm and well-mannered, which I think is weird. Young people today are rather carefree and loud, but she wasn’t.

“Soo Ah, Annyeong” she was the same age as me so it was only natural to be informal, and it didn’t seem like she cared.

“Annyeonghaseyo” she was polite back, which made me feel a bit bothered; I didn’t really like it when someone around my age was speaking in formal terms to me. It felt weird.

“Good morning” Sojin greeted the two of us before she motioned for me to sit down at a piano before she placed down some notes in front of both me and Soo Ah. “I want you to go through this and then make it into a personal piece. You’ll get three hours to complete it before I want you to play it. Okay?” Sojin explained and I nodded, and so did Soo Ah.

After checking the notes a bit more precisely, I noticed that it was Infinite’s Come Back Again that she had picked out. Well the song is cool and has uniqueness, something that many songs today lack.

The somewhat usually calm Soo Ah started to scream hysterically before she excused herself, telling that she loved Infinite and that she was a huge fan. I laughed, and told her that it was nothing. “I really like Infinite as well” I smiled, but the weird thing was, when I said that, Soo Ah’s smile disappeared. I didn’t think much more of that, maybe she was embarrassed that she screamed like that.

“Who’s your favorite member?” I asked her and she looked up from the keys and stared into my eyes. Something with them scared me. “Sung Yeol” she stated, but there was no smile plastered on her lips, normally wouldn’t you be all goofy inside and smile like a maniac?

~~

“Jiji” I called out my nickname for Yeon Ji. I needed to tell her about my stalker. Maybe she knew a way to get rid of that person, so that the boys didn’t have to worry about helping me. I pulled her to an empty room so that we could talk in peace, without someone disturbing us.

“Is this about the thing that’s causing you to be sad?”

I swiftly nodded my head and then told her about the phone calls that I’d received. And that I was scared over that I was going to get hurt. “Do you have anyone in mind?” she suddenly asked as she stared down on me. I had one.

Soo Ah, she was the only one I could think of, well you need to start somewhere. And the look she sent when she said Sung Yeol’s name before was something that was still imprinted in my mind.