Phone Call

He's Back

Two weeks have passed since my mom decided that I would fit perfectly in Infinite’s episode of Mnet Scandal. Sometimes I wonder why she’s so stupid. Well I don’t know if stupid is the right word but, she is definitely not like any other mother.

And to top everything, I where going to get to know if I was accepted onto the show or not today, all sorts of emotions where filling my body and thus causing my head to feel a bit heavy. Just the thought of being paired up with Howon was terrifying, heart wrenching to be exact.

The sound of my phone abruptly ended my thoughts and brought me back to reality as I fished it up from my pocket. I’d received a text message from none other than Sung Yeol.

“Did you get home safely?”

You may wonder why he would ask that, yeah I thought so. Well, Sung Yeol, and I plus the rest of the Infinite members had been celebrating their comeback with cake over at the studio. Since, well I couldn’t be seen together with them other than inside the studio and also at the Woolim Entertainment building.

Yes you saw right, the Woolim Entertainment building. The reason why I was accepted to get inside that building was not only because of my relationship with Sung Yeol, but also because I was thinking on auditioning for Woolim, though I didn’t know when. To be honest I didn’t know how these sorts of auditions worked. Could you simply just stand there and sing, or did you have to dance as well? Because my dancing weren’t really of the better character, and it was definitely something I’d have to work on if I got accepted.

I wonder how it look like to be an idol but not being be able to dance, pathetic maybe. I wonder if an idol even could get away with not being capable of dancing. Not now, not when so many groups and artist was debuting out of nowhere. You wouldn’t last long if your only skill was singing. No you needed to at least sing and dance, if you could rap that would be seen as a big plus. And the most important, you needed to have the right character, to be able to stand for yourself and shine.

“Yep I got home all safe =) did you?” I typed in and then pressed send, it didn’t take many seconds before a reply was showing on my phone. He was saying that they all got home safe and that I had a surprise laying in my mail.

What kind of surprise was he referring to?

“Surprise?”

I took quite a long time before I got his reply and it was a short one, “can’t tell” and then followed by a good night and a heart. Eagerness was tugging inside me and I had the urge to get home as soon as possible just so I could take a look at that so called surprise.

The whole ride back on the train and the short walk home was nerve-racking; I couldn’t even recall when I’d been this excited last.
With a light swift with my key I unlocked the door and opened it. And there it was. The letter, my name and address had been hand written. As if someone had taken extra care of making it more personal.

Had it been Sung Yeol?

I bent down and picked it up, examining it closely. The person writing couldn’t be a girl, which was one thing for sure. Why I knew that, simple, because it was too sloppy written. With much care I ripped it open and grabbed the only paper that was lying inside.

“To Seo Mi Yeon,
You have been accepted as one of two girls to be one Infinite’s episode of Mnet Scandal. You’ll need to be ready at 9.00AM tomorrow morning as we are going to pick you up and let you meet your designated partner.”

This was the surprise Sung Yeol was referring to. But how could he know that I – my mother had signed me up for Mnet Scandal? It wasn’t like I had told him. More like, I hadn’t told anyone about my wish – eh scrap that, my mother’s wish for me to be on the show.
Then it hit me, out of the seven Infinite members, who would be my fake boyfriend. Sung Yeol? MyungSoo? Someone else? Maybe even Hoya.

Oh god.

It couldn’t be him. It can’t be him.

Everyone but him, heck MyungSoo would even be better, as long as it wasn’t Hoya. Not only because I was afraid that Hoya wouldn’t want to see me, but, that I didn’t know if my cage with Hoya feelings would break or not when seeing him. Would my feelings for Sung Yeol be enough, enough to keep my cage locked and safely buried inside me.

Hopefully.

My heart exhilarated when my phone started to ring, someone was calling me. I dropped the paper immediately and thus letting it fall towards the floor, as I flipped my phone open and answered the call with a simple hello.

But no one was there to answer back, it was dead silent. Weird, I was sure it had been someone calling, because why else had my phone been ringing.

Out of nowhere there was a light voice appearing, “stay away”. It was the only thing the person said before ending the call. It was something with the way the person had said stay away that got me completely terrified and scared. Not only because I didn’t understand what I should stay away from, plus why would someone even say something like that. Had it been a threat?

A chill ran down my spine as my grip around the phone suddenly disappeared, and thus caused it to crash down on the floor and hit it with such force that I heard a light crack sound.

Was someone out to hurt me?