Noona

He's Back

A smile crept upon my face as I opened my eyes and realized that Sung Yeol was still there. I felt his warm body pressing against my back as one of his arms was slung around my waist. As if he didn’t want me to leave.

And this time, I weren’t going to.

On the other hand, I’d already sold my own apartment. And the thought of buying a new one caused me to sigh. So bothersome, I shouldn’t have sold it in the first place. I should’ve waited a little longer.

“Are you awake?” Sung Yeol’s sudden words made me a bit startled, since he just a few seconds ago where steadily asleep. I shifted my body around, so that I was facing him. I smiled and then planted a feather light kiss on the tip of his nose. His arm that had been shielding me the whole night pushed against my back. He was pushing my body closer to his.

“Do you have any plans for today?” I looked into his eyes, wondering what kind of plans he had in mind. And I don’t think Yeon Ji would mind that I spent today together with Sung Yeol. If it wasn’t for her, then I doubt it would turn out like this. “No” I eyed him suspiciously, waiting for him to reveal his master plan.

“Good, because I have a surprise for you” he closed his eyes and smiled, I stared at him. I think I’ve gotten more surprises than I actually want, with an exception for yesterdays. “Is it something - good?” I wondered but he made no attempt to answer me.

A few minutes later I climbed out of the bed, or more like Sung Yeol pushed me down from the bed. Not in a mean way, but playfully. I knew that his intention weren’t to make me fall to the floor, but only to get me moving.

“I’m going” I pouted and did a sad face towards him before I half playful, half serious stalked out from the room and closed behind me. But I stopped when I remembered that I had forgotten the towel, plus a new set of clothes. Ugh, so embarrassing. But I had no choice, I needed to go back to get my things.

Sung Yeol’s laughter met me as I slid open the door and went to get my bag and the towel that where hung over a chair. “Already back” he taunted me as he smirked. I shot him a serious look and then proceeded towards the bathroom yet again.

~~

Our glove covered hands was holding onto each other as we walked down the street towards the subway station a few minutes away.

I still hadn’t got to know what the surprise was. But something told me that it involved the rest of the Infinite members. My lovely brothers that I loved so much, yes, even MyungSoo. If you get to know him, you’ll note that he’s a really sweet guy. But the one I missed the most was still Hoya, yeah believe it or not. Even though he hurt me, I still want him in my life. And then of course my precious little Sungjong, the relationship between the two of us had already reached the stage of best friends.

“Still not going to tell me?” I glanced at him from under my beanie; I was still hiding my face from everyone. Which was rather understandable since the bruises was still too notable. But they where getting better, slowly.

“No” that lovely smile of his showed and I felt my whole body loose up.

Half an hour later, and with me scoring the highest point in my guessing game of what his surprise was. It was indeed a meeting with the Infinite members. Well, I hadn’t seen them in weeks and I missed them all dearly.

“NOONA” Sungjong’s voice was crystal clear as he shouted into the cold air before he enveloped me in a tight hug. I didn’t blush anymore, not like I did the first time. I had passed that stadium, my love for him was exactly the love I felt for Hoya, pure friendship. When he broke the hug the other members came forward, everyone except Hoya. He stood rooted at the same spot.

They saw it, Hoya’s awkwardness.

“We’ll let you talk” the oldie, or Sunggyu which is his real name, said and then hushed the other five members out from the room. Including Sung Yeol. One would think that he would be scared over that Hoya could try again.

But I had already promised not only myself, but Sung Yeol as well, that I would never ever let him go again, because if I do, then I’m probably not getting another chance.

“Why don’t you take that off?” he pointed at everything that was covering my face as he stared at me. I knew he could sense that something was wrong. Another part of being friends for such a long time is that the two of us know each other so well, sometimes too well.

He begged me, not with words, but with his eyes. What could I do, if I couldn’t trust him, then why would he trust me.

I loosened the scarf and took of the beanie, his expression. It looked like he had seen the scariest ghost in the world. And that made me frightened, “w-who d-“he stopped as he reached out a hand and gently slid it over the bruises on my cheek. I flinched slightly as I looked away before I told him how it happened. And what my mother had done to me all these years. And that my dad doesn’t know a thing of what she’s doing. He only believes that she’s out with friends and having a good time.

“You should tell your dad, your mother needs help” he stated as he let his hand sink down to his side. I know, I should tell him. But there was this slight problem; would he believe me or mom?

And with that, we spent several of hours with talking about past memories and thus also laughing at what we had done when we where younger. The most memorable thing of when we where younger were when our families went on a cruise to Hong Kong. When I told him that a monster was hiding in the closet, and if he did anything stupid to me the monster would throw him into the ocean.

Yeah, Hoya was an angel those five days that it took. But when we got home, Hoya told his mother who told mine. And the only thing that I earned from that was a new formation of bruises on my already bruised body.

But I hadn’t told him that, I never did.

“Right, I have a last surprise for you” Hoya smiled widely and that feeling of fear and confusion filled my heart. What was he now up to?