Lee Yeon Ji

He's Back

The weekend was over and it was time to return to school, but I wasn’t complaining because it meant that I could focus on school instead of the nagging feelings that slowly ate me up inside. All because of Howon’s words ‘I don’t like you’. I shook my head in a try to get the image of his face out of my mind as I stared at the teacher in front of me talking about something that I hadn’t paid any attention to.

“Mi Yeon sshi are you listening” the English teacher, also known as Jang Min Ah spoke as I snapped out of my thoughts and said yes. She said okay, but the look on her face told me that she didn’t believe my words.

Finally, after an hour of English the bell rang, indicating that the class was over, which normally was rather fun. But today it wasn’t. I only wanted to get home and just do nothing at all. Well that ‘nothing’ was probably going to be me trying to begin the composing part for Infinite’s new song.

Though somehow I didn’t feel like I ever wanted to bland myself together with them anymore, what was the point when Howon didn’t want to see me, as that was the one of the main reasons to why I came to Seoul.

“Mi Yeon ah” a girl voice was shouting my name from behind as I was heading towards the subway station, after turning around I saw that it was one of the girls from my class. The one that seemed less snobby, I waited until she reached me before I asked her what she wanted.

“I wondered if you wanted to come to my house?” she asked polite, maybe she wasn’t that bad after all. And it wasn’t like I had anything else to do, well that except for the song. But I could do that tomorrow or some other day. The final date had been set to September 24, which meant that I had three weeks to finish.

“Sure, by the way, what’s your name?” I replied as we started to walk side by side towards the subway. “I’m Lee Yeon Ji” she smiled as we entered the subway station and slid our cards into the holder and passed.

“Come” she motioned for me to fallow her since I had no idea of which train we where suppose to take. Apparently she lived in Dangsan; ugh it’s going to be a long ride home. At first it was a bit awkward to start talking, since we where strangers after all, but after a while the conversation flowed on. She told me that she was born in 1989, which made her two years older than me and also my unnie, and then that she had a younger brother that was my age, though she didn’t tell me his name. Well I guess it was kind of unnecessary after all.

She then asked me where I lived and how my family was. Well to tell the truth I didn’t really know how I was going to answer the second question, because my family was like no other. I disliked my mom and my dad was always working. And since I was an only child I’d grown up with Howon as my ‘brother’.

After riding for about twenty minutes the train came to a stop at Dangsan station and we exited as I fallowed after her yet again before we ended up outside a traditional Korean house.

Traditional Korean House

I bet my face looked really weird since she started to laugh; well I was surely impressed by the magnificent building that was standing in front of my eyes. I’d never been inside a tradition Korean house before.

As I stepped inside I took notice that it was as pretty inside as it was outside. “I guess you’ve never been inside a traditional house before?” she laughed a bit when asking before she vanished off, and thus leaving me alone when I suddenly heard another voice appear, it was a woman’s voice, probably her mother.

“Mi Yeon come”

I did as she told me and headed in the direction of which Yeon Ji herself had taken and I found myself soon standing inside a kitchen. “Mom, this is Seo Mi Yeon, she’s a friend from school” Yeon Ji introduced us to each other as I bowed deep before I said hello. “Seo Mi Yeon this is my mom, Lee Si Ra” the woman before my eyes bowed her head slightly as she smiled.

“Come I’ll show you my room” Yeon Ji said eagerly and if it weren’t for that I knew she was older than me than I would’ve thought she was my dongsaeng. She dragged me along the hallway before we ended up outside a sliding door, which she opened and thus also reveling walls with posters of Korean boy groups filling up all the space. But one of the posters caught my attention more than the others.

And with that I mean the poster of Infinite, it was hanging right next to her bed. So she could look at it when she slept. I wonder if she was an Infinite fan girl, probably. “Ah you like Infinite” she blurted since she must’ve seen that I stared so intensely at the poster.

“I-..” I was cut off by Yeon Ji asking me who was my favorite member. God what was I going to answer to that, it wasn’t like I was so familiar with the group. But one thing I was sure of, my favorite member was definitely not jackass. But if I had to choose it had to be Kirin, since he was the one who’d taken care of me the best.

“Kirin and Howon” I said, though I said the Howon part so low that she couldn’t possible have heard it.

Suddenly, right out of the blue she started laughing and clutching her stomach. Though I had no clue what had been so funny with the word ‘Kirin’.

After a while when she had relaxed and settled down she explained that she also would use the word ‘Kirin’ when calling him.

*Wait, what? Call?*

“What do you mean, ‘when calling him’?” I asked noticeably dumb, and it seemed like she regretted that she had said something about my nickname. That’s when it struck me; Yeon Ji did say that she had a little brother who was the same age as me, and that also meaning the same age as Sung Yeol.

“OMG your brother is Sung Yeol, am I right?” I blurted and started to look around in the room, when a picture frame caught my attention, which I picked up. It was indeed Sung Yeol in the picture and he had his arm slung around Yeon Ji’s shoulder as they both smiled towards the camera.

“Well its better that you are Kirin’s sister than jackass” I laughed and she stared at me, not knowing what I meant by that, but I told her that I wouldn’t say anything to anyone and then told her that my nickname for MyungSoo was jackass because he behaved like one.

I saw how it came up to her, everything that I was telling her. “You know them” she pointed at the Infinite poster to which I nodded at and told her that I knew them because I was currently working under their company as a composer.

“Oh” was the only thing that came out from as I then placed down the frame on the table again.
“Oh right” I uttered maybe a bit too high since she snapped her head around and looked at me with a scared expression. “Sorry” I apologized as I started to roam inside my bag after Sung Yeol’s birthday present, after finding it I fished it up and placed it in front of Yeon Ji’s faces.

“What’s this?”

“My birthday present to Sung Yeol, I know it’s a bit late” I smiled awkwardly as I motioned for her to take it, but she didn’t. She told me that I could give it directly to him instead. “But I don’t know when I’ll meet him again” I explained and then saw how she picked up her cell phone before she started to utter a line of numbers. “It’s Sung Yeol’s phone number” she quickly explained as she must’ve seen my face that looked like a question mark.

I told her to say them once more so that I could put in the number in my phone. After doing so I took a glance at the clock showing on my screen. It had turned a bit past 7.00PM and if I wanted to get home before it was getting too late then it was probably time for me to go.

“Unnie, I need to go. It’s getting late”

“Okay, I’ll fallow you out” I bid goodbye to her mother before we walked towards the door together with Yeon Ji leading me. “Bye” we said to each other as I then exited their house and headed towards the subway station as I was beginning to text Sung Yeol.

‘Annyeong Kirin, I think you know who I am, right? ;P I got this number from your sister. I have your birthday present with me; do you have time to meet me now? I understand if you don’t, Mi Yeon’ I hesitated a bit before I pressed the sent button and waited. As I was walking Howon’s words came to mind again, ‘I don’t like you’.

*Well if you don’t like me, then I’ll find someone who does*

~~

The world is indeed small XD maybe a bit random to add in a picture of a traditional Korean house, but I absolutely love them. Even though I've never been inside one. But in dramas they are really pretty. Well I should get to sleep now, it's past 4.00AM here and it's school tomorrow/today