Mess

He's Back

Yeon Ji pushed her inside the apartment, not caring whatever someone else where home. For once I didn’t care how Yeon Ji treated a person. I was too furious and angry to even care about Yooyeon. But then again, what if Yeon Ji were wrong? What if Yooyeon wasn’t the one we where searching for.

“You” Yeon Ji pointed at the said girl, who smirked. She knew. She understood why we where here because she let out a small amused laughter.

“So, I guess you found me huh”

Yeon Ji slapped her cheek, much to my concern since her smirk grew wider, and that couldn’t be a good sign. “Why are you doing this?” I questioned her and she shifted her gaze from Yeon Ji to me, her smirk disappeared and was replaced with a face that made me cringe. It looked like if she was ready to kill.

“Oh, I’m going to tell you” Yooyeon bit her lip and her smirk appeared once again. As if she was happy that I where suffering. I waited. I wanted to know. Why she was doing this.

“You have everything that I don’t” her eyes burned and her lips twitched, as if she remembered something that bothered her. “YAH!” Yeon Ji shouted at her, I guess she must’ve wondered what kind of reason that was to threaten someone. Well she wasn’t alone with thinking that, because I was too. There where a lot of people in this world that had it better than many, but I doubt that all of them go around and threaten those people. It’s just natural that everyone has it different, that’s just human nature.

“Do you know how much money my mom and dad has spent on vocal training, do you? 100 000 000 ₩ (79 000$), yet I have barely improved at all. They even had to take loans to pay the bills. And then you come along. You’ve never taken a singing class in your whole life. Yet your voice is amazing, plus you take Sung Yeol from me”

I was gawking as she spoke. I could understand that she most feel frustrated when she weren’t improving, but on the other hand it wasn’t my fault. I was born with this voice; it wasn’t something I could take away. I was shocked when Yeon Ji slapped Yooyeon once again.

“And Sung Yeol, what where you planning to do with him?” Yeon Ji snapped and I stared, not be able to do anything but to watch. Of course Yeon Ji was concerned; she had every right to be.

“Kidnap him or do you have a better solution?” Yooyeon laughed but was met with an even harder slap that only earned her a cracked lip. Blood was flowing down her chin before it ended up like small sprinkles on her shirt, maybe not the smartest thing to say.

“Oh, because you don’t want your beloved little friend to have him?” Yooyeon her lip and smiled ever so lightly. What was this, some torture-scary movie? I wanted this to end, now.

“Yooyeon, I’m sorry, but I can’t do anything about my voice, nor can I do anything about the deal with Sung Yeol. I love him. And I’ll always do. That’s plain fact. It’s not my fault. This.” I explained to her, but it looked like she didn’t give a damn. “Just shut up, I’ll make your relationship end. Trust me”

It rang in my ear when Yeon Ji’s hand met Yooyeon’s cheek, it sounded horrible. “You are not going to do anything, if you even think about it. Then you will have to deal with me. Trust me.”

I where amazed over how Yeon Ji was handling this, if it was me, then I would’ve probably only talked to her, which, apparently wouldn’t have helped much since she doesn’t care at all, what I say. I couldn’t understand how someone had so much hate and anger boiling inside. Not even I had that much.

“Yooyeon, listen to me. I know how you feel. When I was younger I had this friend who was really good at singing and dancing. He would always show of and enter shows. I on the other hand was overshadowed by his skills, no one even noticed me. Until just a few months ago, 19 years, that’s how long I’ve been living like a nobody. Even my parents where more interested in this boy, than they where with Me.” tears were streaming down, I’d never told anyone about this. But seeing that Yooyeon was suffering so much I couldn’t let my own emotions and past flow. She needed to know that she weren’t the only one who had suffered a long time.

Both of them where staring at me, but in a different way. Yeon Ji had this pitying look on her face while Yooyeon had this I-understand look. She understood. She had also been living a life feeling like she was a nobody. But she was, she were a somebody.

“Just because you have an unpleasant past, it doesn’t mean that your future have to be. Changes, change direction in your life, get rid of the things that make you feel sad and depressed. Because they are not worthy of your concern” I wiped away my tears and smiled.

It took several minutes before someone said anything.

“That friend of yours, do you still keep in contact with him?” Yooyeon’s question took me by surprise, her I had said to her. That you should get rid of the things that only make you feel bad, yet I was deceiving my own belief. I hadn’t gotten rid of Hoya. I couldn’t.

“Ah, yeh, but we are better now. He supports me with everything I do. We were young at that time so he didn’t know what he was doing. But he – he left me once. But that’s long gone” I tried to cheer myself up, despite that I felt like a complete liar. It was not good. The relation between Hoya and me was absolutely not good. And I wonder if it ever can go back to the way it was before he left.

I saw that Yeon Ji was staring at me.

She knew I was lying to Yooyeon.

But I had to, this had to end. For the sake of all of us, even for Yooyeon, she needed to go on with life. “Yooyeon, it’s never late to change” with some finishing words I exited the apartment and leaned against the wall next to the door.

Relief, fear and happiness were flowing through me. Hopefully this meant that Yooyeon would stop with everything and return to a somewhat normal life. But that didn’t change the fact that my life was still in a huge mess.

Hoya wanted to meet me. I couldn’t drag it out any more. This had to end, once and for all. I love Sung Yeol, and that will never change.