Memories

He's Back

She stood there, tears streaming down her cheeks and thus hitting the cover of the signed CD she was holding in her hands. He hadn’t remembered her, though that she had barely stood 1 ½ meter from him. That smile, those eyes and his hands that always had been holding onto hers when she needed comfort.

Now, that smile was in a thin line, those eyes showed tiredness, probably due to lack of sleep. And his hands where frantically signing the CD’s that where showed in front of him by the fans.

He hadn’t even glanced up on her, not even once as he signed the CD she’d bought with the last money she had, hoping that he’d remembered her. No. He had only past the sign covered CD to the next boy sitting on his left.

*Did you really forget me?*

How many years had it been now? Five, she could still remember that day. It had been her fifteenth birthday and everything had been great, until he told her that one thing that would change her life.

Though, it hadn’t really arrived as a surprise, since she knew that he had auditioned for an entertainment company. She knew that he was an all-rounder, an amazing rapper, beautiful singer and flawless dancer. It had been his birthday gift to me. When thinking about it right now, I can only laugh. His birthday gift was, ‘I was accepted and I’m leaving tomorrow’.

When those words had slipped from his lips my world crashed, it shattered to pieces in front of my eyes. The memories we shared together, did it mean something to him? Did it really?

He had been my first best friend; well what did you expect when you literally grew up together. His dad and mine were working at the same company, and some way along the way, they had become friends. Well he was not only my first best friend; he was also my first love. And still is. You might think that five years apart would make my heart mature and grow away from the feeling. But no. I still loved him.

But he didn’t know about it, I never told him. Well of course I thought about confessing, like every day. But I never had the courage. Yes I was a coward, but not anymore. I’ve matured a lot since the last time I saw him five years ago.

Even though when I saw him, sitting there next to his group members I couldn’t believe that the boy who pleaded for his mother when falling, he who cried when someone said anything hurtful to him had grown up into a handsome, independent guy. No, in my eyes he was still that fragile little boy who was scared of the world outside Busan. And now he was standing on the stage in front of whole Korea and the rest of the world.

He had changed, drastically.

When he left I had mixed feelings, well who wouldn’t when your best friend would leave for you to be on your own. Of course I had other friends, but no one like him. And even though he was a guy I could relay and depend on him more than with my girl friends. Because he didn’t judge me, he listened to me and then said something back, but he never came with any hurtful comments.

Not like when I talked with my girl friends, somehow it would always turn into an argument, and end with someone getting hurt. This was the difference between girls and guys. Girls talked behind the back of others while guys, they beat each other down.

The only ‘real’ fight we had been in was when we where young, as in around five-six years old, when we had gotten money to buy some ice cream for ourselves. And we had exactly 2500₩ (1.8$), so it meant that we had 1250₩ to buy each. But he bought one that had the price of 1750₩, which meant that I only had 750₩ to buy my ice cream with.

The only thing all that ended up with was a crying boy and a furious me, well I had after buying a ice cream cone opened it, with the laughter’s of him echoing in my ears. Which after a while became too much so I stuffed to whole ice cream in his face and ran off. Not caring that he had started crying.

But that ‘fight’, if you could call it that was the only one we had been in. Of course we had fake fights, such as calling each other funny names, hitting each other playfully, though our families never saw it as something big. They’d always laugh it off and joke that we’d make such a great pair, which usually made us look at each other and the scrunch up our faces in disgust.

Even though that deep down in my heart, those jokes of us becoming a pair was a wish that I wanted to come true. But then everything changed, all because of his dream of becoming a singer. Well I enchanted and cheered him on every time I would watch him practice and win contests. But I never regretted it, that I cheered him on.

Only that I didn’t have the guts to tell him my feelings before he left and forgot me. Because that’s exactly what he has. Now the only problem was how I would make him notice me again.

His name; Lee Howon.

~~

Hehe I guess many of you where surprised when I said that Hoya was my bias, since the previous and also my first Infinite fanfic was with MyungSoo. But that was because when that story started to develop in my mind he was the person suited for that role the best ;P anyhow Hoya is my bias fallowed by Dongwoon, L and Sung Yeol X''3 and thanks again to you who are reading and commenting =D