Imagine D.O (with Baekhyun) request

Imagine time with EXO - mini series

36) Imagine with D.O and Baekhyun requested by Ruati Chawhte (on fb)

 

Imagine being best friends with Baekhyun and D.O + Imagine Kyungsoo confessing to you in the pouring rain + Imagine sharing an umbrella with Baekhyun in the rain (credit to exotic-imagines on tumblr for the ideas)

 

______________________

 

I was heading to the bus station to get to school.. I got there too early so I had to wait quite a while for my mates to come.. I was playing with my fingers, while listening to some music when I felt someone trying to grab away my back pack. I turned and pulled my backpack, letting out a scream.. Then I fell on the ground.. I was literally admiring the sky right now.. Then two brown eyes got in my way..

Me: “YAH! BAEKHYUN!!!!”

Baekhyun: “Ha ha… now that’s a strange way to wait for the bus.. ”

Me: “Very funny.. help me get up!”

He lend his hand.. I tried to grab it.. then he made a stupid face and ran away with my backpack. I got on my knees and yelled at him, raising my hand.

Me: “Byun Baekhyun, you rascal!”

I felt someone’s hands on my waist. I turned my head and saw my mate trying to help me get up. I arranged my messy hair and smiled to him. He answered to my smile with those cute innocent eyes. I patted him on the shoulder.

Me: “Thanks, Kyungsoo!”

Kyungsoo: “You’re welcome! What happened?”

Me: “As if you don’t know already! That stupid friend of ours!”

Kyungsoo: “Baekhyun? But where is he?”

Me, pointing to a tree nearby: “Hiding over there! Yah!!! Come here with my backpack!”

Baekhyun was getting closer, looking very carefully at… my diary???? I ran to him and got my diary back.. He smirked at me and his lips slowly, while I was getting all red.. Hope he didn’t get to read too much..

Me: “How dare you?”

Baekhyun: “What? I was curious about my best friend’s thoughts!”

Me: “This is a personal thing you know!!”

Baekhyun: “As if you have anything interesting to write about.. Come on! I bet there are only sweet poems about a crush of yours!”

Me: “Stop that, you.. you!!”

Kyungsoo: “Guys! Come on! People are staring at us! The bus is coming!”

The bus stopped. We got in and looked for some free spots to sit.. There was only one.. Kyungsoo offered me the seat smiling. Before I could take a single step, Baekhyun sat there and put his backpack on his lap, looking outside the window..

Baekhyun: “Ah.. feels so good to sit and relax.. Guys.. why are you standing?”

Me: “You find this funny?”

Baekhyun: “What? I saw it first!”

Me: “Ah… ok.. the day just began.. Kyungsoo, till we’ll get back home.. ah… you know what I mean..”

Kyungsoo, smiling shyly: “He he.. this is the last week of school.. What do you plan to do in the summer vacation?”

Me: “I don’t know.. How about that trip we’ve been talking about?”

Baekhyun: “Yah! Great idea! Camping! Yes! We should do that!”

Me: “Who asked for your opinion?”

Baekhyun: “What do you mean?”

Me: “I was talking about a trip with Kyungsoo.. when did I mention you?”

Baekhyun: “Yah! Come on! As if you could have any fun without me! I am the soul of happiness around here!”

Me: “More like the soul in charge of annoying people..”

Baekhyun pouting: “You’re so mean…”

Me: “I am? Who is the one playing pranks on us daily?”

Baekhyun: “Ha ha.. come on.. you like it!”

Me: “Ah… I hope this driver gets us to school faster!”

*

We were heading to our classroom, chating about the trip.. Baekhyun kept coming with stupid ideas, just to show us that he must not be let out of this, or else the whole adventure would turn out to be a boring experience.

I tried not to get angry.. He was a nice guy, although he had this stupid way of acting around people. He was that type of person who could only show his love through pranks, stupid jokes and a very annoying happy mood activated almost 24/7.

What I hated most about him is that there was not a single day, in which I didn’t think about him and wish he’ll pay more attention at was around him. That way he could just see that I…. never mind.. it was hopeless.. I couldn’t stand a chance with all those crazy girls around him..In the end.. I was just his best friend.. Nothing more..

Then.. there was Kyungsoo.. sweet, gentle, caring.. A quiet type of guy, with cute features and those innocent eyes, that were always giving me the impression that he’s amazed by almost everything he sees. He was always there to help me, to support me whenever I had to face bad moments, to cheer up for me at any competition. He even taught me to cook.. ha ha.. He’s such a sweetheart.

I really sometimes think, why didn’t I fall for him? He was exactly how I wished Baekhyun was. This crazy thing called love really makes a big fuss whenever gets in someone’s life, trust me..

Baekhyun: “Hellloooo!!! ______!”

Me: “What?”

Baekhyun: “Are you going to stand in front of the door all day? Get in!”

I realised I was in front of my classroom, standing there like a stupid and smiling… My mates were chuckling and whispering.. I almost bumped into Kyungsoo when I ran to my seat. He asked me about the essay we’ve prepared for today. I gave mine for him to read and tell me his opinion. Baekhyun was playing with some airplane made of paper, making stupid sounds. I turned to him and asked him to stop.

Baekhyun: “I’m bored!”

Me: “So? Stop disturbing others!”

I took out my diary and read the last pages.. Then I’ve written a few lines that came to my mind.. Baekhyun was trying to spot something.. I felt his breath in the back of my neck. I’ve closed the diary and looked at him.. He gave me his damn bright smile and pretended he didn’t get to see anything.. But what about this morning… what if??

*

Baekhyun: “YAH!!!! Finally we’re here!”

Me: “It’s so beautiful!”

Kyungsoo: “Indeed.. this was the best choice for a trip!”

We were getting ready to set up the campsite, when he heard a car stopping nearby. A girl got out waving happily to us. Baekhyun smiled and waved back.. I turned to face him..

Me: “What is she doing here?”

Baekhyun: “I’ve invited her.. Any problem?”

Me: “This had to be our trip.. ”

Baekhyun: “Trust me.. we’ll have a lot of fun!”

He ran to the girl to help her with the luggage.. Kyungsoo got near me and helped me find a good place for the tent.. I kept looking at those two.. I was already feeling down, thanks to him.. Why did he have to bring her here? We’ve been planning this trip for so long. We wanted to be just us, the three best friends.. Why was it necessary to add a stranger?

Girl: “Baekkie!”

Me, imitating her: “Baekkie!”

Kyungsoo laughing: “Stop that!”

Me: “I can’t stand her.. you know that! She’s so annoying!”

Kyungsoo: “Well.. is just her way of showing her love for our friend..”

Me: “Thank God I am not Baekhyun.. I wouldn’t stand such love from a girl..”

Kyungsoo: “Feeling jealous?”

I turned and looked at him.. His sweet innocent eyes were smiling strangely, like.. in a sad way… I didn’t really understand how could he know what I was feeling.. Was that so obvious?

*

It was a cold night.. I got out of the tent and went to take a little walk. I needed some fresh air, as I couldn’t resist anymore seeing Baekhyun and that girl so close to each other.. I was walking slowly listening to the sounds of night birds.. The wind was making my hair dance slowly, carresing gently my face.. I stopped and closed my eyes.. The air gave me a peaceful feeling. Indeed.. this was a good place for camping..

I was so excited about coming here with my friends.. But in the end.. it did not turn out as I expected. While I was thinking at all that happened these days, I heard someone behind me. I turned and saw Kyungsoo coming closer.. He joined me for the walk, taking small steps.

We didn’t say anything for a while.. He kept looking at me, acting quite awkward. I wondered what was he up to.. I looked at him and smiled.

Me: “What happened?”

Kyungsoo: “No-nothing.. ”

Me: “Then why you keep staring at me? I have something on my face?”

Kyungsoo: “Oh no.. is just.. well.. nothing really.”

Me: “Yah.. are you ok? Come on! Tell me! I am your best friend!”

Kyungsoo, stoping and grabbing my hand: “Can I ask you something?”

Me: “Sure.. tell me!”

Kyungsoo: “I just.. I wanna know if… I mean.. I don’t want to upset you.. but I..”

Baekhyun: “Yah!!!! What’s with the blabbering at this hour in the night? Don’t you guys feel the need to sleep?”

Me: “What are you doing here?”

Baekhyun: “I saw you were missing.. You shouldn’t go too far… You might get lost.. Let’s get back..”

“OPPPAA!!!”

Me: “Great!... ”

Baekhyun: “I swear I didn’t bring her along..”

Me: “Let’s go Kyungsoo..”

Baekhyun: “Yah.. why are you…”

Me: “Stop it! Ok? You knew how important this trip was for us! Yet you still followed your stupid ideas! Why did you bring her here?”

Baekhyun: “What’s your problem? Can’t I travel with whom ever I want?”

Me: “Yes you can.. But this was our trip.. Just the three of us.. remember?”

Baekhyun: “I know.. but.. yah… come on.. she’s not disturbing anyone..”

Me: “Really? Are you blind or something? She’s been acting like a stupid all these days.. The trip is almost coming to an end and yet she still has energy to annoy us.. She’s exactly like you!”

Baekhyun: “Well.. there is a say.. that lovers tend to look alike..”

I looked at him surprised. Kyungsoo turned around as well.. What was that again? Lovers? Did that mean..

Me: “She’s your girlfriend?”

Baekhyun: “WHAT?? No way.. I was just saying..”

Me: “Just saying.. ”

Girl getting closer: “Oppa.. why are you here? Is so cold.. let’s get back.. ”

Baekhyun: “Coming!”

I really tried to control myself.. Kyungsoo held my hand, noticing I was getting too nervous.. The girl grabbed Baekhyun’s hand and kissed him on his cheek, making me wanna pull out all that dyed hair of hers.. I’ve passed by the two of them and went back to the tent..

*

This was the last day of our trip. Kyungsoo was coming with the ingredients for today’s lunch.. I was taking care of the fire, while Baekhyun and the girl were running around, playing stupid games.. I was cutting the vegetables, trying to ignore them.. Tell me if you could do that… My heart was definitely against me all this time..

Kyungsoo: “Look out for the sauce, ok?”

Me: “What?”

I knocked over the saucepan.. I felt my leg burning.. I yelled because of the pain, getting teary. Kyungsoo ran to me.. Baekhyun also. Damn..  that hurt so much..

Kyungsoo: “God!”

Baekhyun to the girl: “Go get the first aid kit! Hurry!”

Kyungsoo: “I know where it is!”

Baekhyun: “Then just go with her!”

Me: “It hurts so much..”

Baekhyun: “Shh.. take it easy.. I am here!”

I looked at him.. Why was he so caring all of a sudden? Did he really care? He was holding my hand, trying to comfort me.. That moment could have last forever.. I wouldn’t mind it.. It was my only chance to be so close to him.. Too bad the situation wasn’t so romantic.

Kyungsoo got back with the kit. Baekhyun took care of me. After he cleaned the wound and put a bandage on my leg he helped me get out.. I couldn’t really stand. He lifted me up and got me back in the tent.. Now this is what I call the worst trip ever..

Baekhyun: “How are you feeling?”

Me: “Good.. Thank you!”

Baekhyun: “What for?”

Me: “For taking care of me..”

Baekhyun: “Yah.. no need to thank me.. Stupid.. why didn’t you pay attention? I was so worried!”

Me: “Were you?”

Baekhyun: “Yes I was.. Please be careful next time ok?”

Me: “Baekhyun.. can I..”

Baekhyun: “Ok.. then.. I’ll let you rest.”

He got out and left me behind.. Once again, my attempt to confess my love failed.. Why was it so difficult?.. And why didn’t it turn out the way I wanted?  Ah.. stupid destiny! I started to cry out loud.. This was too much.. Like.. what to do to make him realise?

Kyungsoo: “Are you ok?”

Me: “Oh.. I didn’t hear you coming.. yeah I’m ok.. don’t worry.”

Kyungsoo: “You really scared us!”

Me: “So sorry.. I was distracted and didn’t saw the saucepan..”

Kyungsoo: “Nevermind.. Thank God it wasn’t worse. _______?”

Me: “Mmm?”

Kyungsoo: “Did you cry?”

Me: “Is obvious?”

Kyungsoo: “What happened?”

I just couldn’t keep it inside my heart anymore.. I felt like exploding of pain.. It was more difficult to resist this kind of pain, compared to the wound on my leg. I hugged Kyungsoo tightly and told him everything..

Kyungsoo: “Then you should tell him!”

Me: “No.. it’s useless..”

Kyungsoo: “How do you know that? You didn’t even try.”

Me: “He won’t take that seriously.. I mean.. I just.. I don’t know.. I really want to tell him.. but I always end up saying something else..”

Kyungsoo: “Do you really love him?”

Me: “Yes.. I guess..”

Kyungsoo: “Then it won’t be hard to tell him.. Just listen to your heart, ok?”

Me: “Thank you! You’re the best friend one could have!”

*

I got out of the tent. Neither Kyungsoo, nor Baekhyun were around.. I walked slowly, trying to resist the pain. I was looking for them.. All the afternoon I was all by myself.. I was getting bored..I wanted to see him.. I needed him..

It was raining… I didn’t get the umbrella.. I was wandering for quite a while, when I saw Baekhyun coming from the other direction.. He saw me and ran towards me, sharing his umbrella with me.

Baekhyun: “What are you doing outside? You should rest!”

I grabbed his hand and squeezed it.. He looked at me surprised, seeing how my tears would come out and fall down slowly. I told him with a soft voice, trembling.

Baekhyun: “I know..”

Me: “You know? Oh.. so you did got to read the diary..”

Baekhyun: “Look.. I..”

Me: “It’s ok.. don’t tell me..”

Baekhyun: “Don’t get me wrong.. I really love you.. but as a friend.. I’ve never looked at you that way.. besides.. I can see in your eyes that you’re quite confused..”

Me: “What do you mean?”

Baekhyun: “Ask yourself.. ask your heart..”

*

It was a wonderful afternoon in the middle of September.. I got out earlier from work.. Since I didn’t have too much to do at home, I’ve decided to go to a coffee shop nearby. I was walking slowly, passing by so many lonely souls, all waiting for life to give them a chance to shine…

I was lost in my memories so I really didn’t see that man getting closer.. We’ve bumped into each other.. My bag fell.. The man grabbed it and returned it to me.. I was about to thank him, when those innocent eyes made me startle…

Me: “Kyungsoo?”

Kyungsoo: “Excuse me? How do you… No way! _______? ”

Me: “God!!!! So many years!”

Kyungsoo: “Indeed.. How were you?”

Me: “Good.. and you?”

Kyungsoo: “Same.. going home?”

Me: “Actually to a coffee shop.. Wanna join me?”

Kyungsoo: “I’d love to!”

We went to the coffee shop that was at the end of the street.. We looked for a good spot.. There was one, in the left part, with a beautiful view of the park nearby. We sat and ordered our fav coffee with mint..

Me: “You still like it?”

Kyungsoo: “Yes.. it’s the best coffee in the world.”

Me: “So how have you been?”

Kyungsoo: “Good.. just following my destiny.. so to say.. finished my studies.. fulfilled my dream of opening a cake shop..”

Me: “Did you? That’s wonderful!”

Kyungsoo: “And you? How are things going? How’s Baekhyun?”

Me: “I don’t know..”

Kyungsoo: “How come?”

Me: “I haven’t seen him in the last 6 years.. Last time I’ve spoken to him, he was planning to go abroad and become a singer..”

Kyungsoo: “But… didn’t you tell him?”

Me: “I did.. but.. like he said.. I should have listen to my heart.. and I did.. ”

Kyungsoo: “What do you mean?”

Me: “I mean.. I realised that although he is a good person.. he wasn’t meant for me..”

Kyungsoo: “Then.. you met someone else?”

Me: “No.. I’ve been living by myself all these years. Just focusing on my career. And you?”

Kyungsoo: “Oh.. haven’t met that special someone yet..”

Me: “How about a walk?”

Kyungsoo: “Why not?”

*

We were walking slowly in the park, without talking.. He was looking at me once in while, like in our last trip together.. I was wondering what was again in his mind.. He took my hand in his.. I stopped and hugged him tightly..

The rain slowly made its appearance.. Little birds would fly around us, their sad whistle fading away in the cold air. The sun was falling slowly of its throne, embracing us with his purple-red flames.

Me: “Why? Why did you leave that day?”

Kyungsoo: “What was there to do? You were about to confess your love for him.. I didn’t want to be a 3rd wheel.. ”

Me: “Didn’t you think about me even for one moment?”

Kyungsoo: “I’ve been thinking every second since.. Every breath I took was for calling out your name..”

Me: “You never came back.. since that last day of the trip.. no phone calls.. not a tiny sign from you.. Do you know how hard it was for me?”

Kyungsoo: “I had to stay away… I wanted you to be happy.”

Me: “How could I? You weren’t there..”

Kyungsoo was caressing my hair while looking at me with his lovely innocent eyes.. He was still a child, despite all those years.. 10 years of loneliness, despair, sadness.. 10 years of unshared love.. 10 years in which I kept living with my memories of him.

Kyungsoo: “I am so sorry! I shouldn’t have left! I don’t know if I .. I mean..”

Me: “Just say it!”

I turned around and closed my eyes.. This was the moment I’ve been imaging for the last 10 years.. And now.. it had to happen the way I wanted..

My whole body was trembling while I was waiting to hear those words that have been stuck in my mind for so long..

Kyungsoo back hugged me gently.. He sighed then whispered softly with his sweet innocent voice: “I love you so much!” The last redish ray of sun was dying slowly, shining on our faces one last time...