Imagine Lay (with EXO)

Imagine time with EXO - mini series

50) 'You're my Black Pearl'

 

 Imagine Lay being there for you when your exbf breaks your heart + Imagine Lay growling when someone gets too close to you, his girl + Imagine doing a couple dance with Lay to Black Pearl + Imagine the boys cheering when you say yes to Lay’s marriage proposal (cr to exotic-imagines for the ideas)

___________________

I kept thinking about the new choreography, having my eyes closed.. I didn’t hear the door opening.. I was wondering whether this idea of a couple dance would work for a special stage..

It wasn’t one of my best days, since I had many things to solve.. But this was one of those moments, when you finally get to do something that you really love, so you must enjoy it.. Sadly, I wasn’t going to..

I felt someone’s hand resting on my shoulder, making me startle, since I knew I was alone… I got up and turned around to see my boyfriend’s angry face.. Why was he here anyway? This was my work place..

Me: “What are you doing here?”

Bf: “Yah… I guess you really don’t understand, do you?”

Me: “Understand what??”

Bf: “Haven’t I tell you to stop with this stupid thing? You should be at home now..”

Me: “This is my dream.. I can’t stop dancing, and you know that.. You should at least support me!”

Bf: “Ha… support.. is this what you call dance? Making those stupid moves, surrounded by men every minute?”

Me: “Those are just dancers doing their job.. It’s not like I’m gonna..”

Bf, smirking: “Who knows?”

I just couldn’t stand that remark so I’ve slapped him.. He looked at me, expressionless.. He grabbed my hand, pulling me closer.. I yelled at him to let me go..

Bf: “I give you one week… do you hear me??”

He threw me to the floor, turned around and kicked the player on the black table.. He was about to get out when he bumped into a boy who was entering the room.. They’ve glanced at each other, then my bf turned at me and gave me an I’m-watching-you look…

I tried to get up, but since I fell on my leg, it was quite painful to move.. The boy got near me and offered me his hand. I grabbed it and used it as support to stand up, thanking him..

Boy: “Are you ok? What happened?”

Me: “Oh.. nothing.. I just fell.. Glad that you came.. We need to discuss about the dance..”

Boy: “My manager just told me about this idea.. And who’ll dance with me?”

Me: “I guess.. I will.. nobody mentioned any girl from the company.. of course, we’ll keep up with the dance for the new single, but we gotta find time for this also.. Are you ok with it?”

Boy: “Why not? You’re a great dancer.. I know you’ll make a good choreography for this..”

I looked at him with smiling eyes.. Was I indeed a good dancer? He nodded slowly, and smiled, a little dimple appearing on his cheek.. He was a very gentle person, one of the few I knew..Nobody else was praising me as much as him..

He was my favourite dancer to work with.. Always following my advices and helping me with new ideas.. He was very passionate about what he was doing, making other people around him fight for their own dreams..

Boy: “Hellloo!”

Me: “What??”

Boy: “Where are you lost?”

Me: “Oh sorry.. I was just thinking.. so.. we’ll dance to an EXO song.. we need to choose one..”

Boy: “Well.. It depends on the whole concept.. on what are we going to show. What do we want to express?”

Me: “We should go with a song that gets close to the new single.. hm..”

Boy: “I’ll think of that.. Then.. I’ll meet you here tomorrow, ok?”

Me: “Yeah.. see ya!”

*

I was in the dance studio, teaching some trainees, while waiting for him to come.. The class was over, so I’ve spoke a little with my kids, telling them the details that they had to fix.. After the last one left the room, I sat on the floor, wrapping my hands around my legs..

Still thinking at the song  for the special stage, I answered my phone that kept ringing for some minutes.. Wasn’t very pleased when hearing the voice.. I just told him that I don’t need any week to decide, because I already knew what to do.. I wanted to continue dancing..

Bf: “So.. you’ll choose dance instead of me..”

Me: “I am not doing that.. What has this have to do with you? I keep supporting your work at the company, why can’t you support me also?”

Bf: “Unlike you, I do something useful things for this world.. I give people jobs, I make money to take care of you..”

Me: “While you keep hurting my feelings.. Quite a caring person..”

Bf: “You know what? I can’t keep on with this! Is either me or your stupid dream!”

Me: “You’re making things difficult for me..”

Bf: “Dancing or me!”

Me: “If you’d truly love me… you wouldn’t be saying that.. I am sorry!”

Bf: “Ha.. I can’t believe this.. damn.. you stupid girl!”

I hang up and deleted his number.. I looked in the mirror at the black outfit I was wearing today.. These words were so beautiful, yet so untrue: ‘You write the destiny’.. Well.. not quite.. I didn’t want this to happen..

I loved him.. And I thought that he was feeling the same way.. I don’t know how we got to this situation.. Why was it so difficult for him to understand me? Why was dancing such a bad thing in his opinion?

I’ve rested my chin on my arms, closing my eyes, while letting my tears flow slowly. So.. what was there to be happy for? Everything turned out to be bad.. But.. at least I had my dream.. Dancing..

I felt someone wipping away my tears.. I’ve opened my eyes and saw him smiling at me, while sitting in front of me.. He asked if I was ok..

Me: “Yeah..”

Boy: “You did well..”

Me: “Excuse me?”

Boy: “If he couldn’t support your dream.. there’s no way he’ll be able to love you forever..”

Me: “You heard my conversation?”

Boy: “Well.. just what you’ve been saying.. But it’s quite obvious that he wasn’t pleased..”

Me: “Indeed.. he let me with my stupid dream..”

Boy: “Now.. try to calm down.. everything happens for the best, trust me.. You deserve someone better than him..”

He took my hand, squeezing it gently, trying to comfort me.. I was grateful to him, for being here for me, in this sad moment.. I thanked him for being such a nice friend.. He got all red, trying to find his words.. A cute habit of his, whenever he was feeling embarrassed or didn’t know how to react to a situation..

I’ve decided to began the dance lessons for the special stage in two days from now, cause I wasn’t sure which song would fit the concept… I had some ideas, but.. this had to be mindblowing as the manager asked.. He got up and head to the door.. Before leaving, he was about to wave me goodbye, then, as if he remembered something, he got back..

Me: “What happened?”

Boy: “I know the perfect song..”

Me: “Which one?”

Boy: “Black Pearl..”

*

We’ve been practicing the dance for one week already.. Today we showed the choreography to the other boys and to the manager.. We were quite nervous, cause we didn’t know if this idea was going to be well received, as we wished..

The manager stood up and came to me.. He asked me why this song in particular.. I don’t know, cause I wasn’t the one who thought about it..

Manager: “Anyway.. this is mindblowing! Wait until we’ll show it live.. Ah.. Daebak!”

Kai: “Yah.. the moves are so cool.. I didn’t expect Black Pearl to go so well with a couple dance.. Ah.. Lay.. you’re so lucky to be in this..”

Lay turned and smiled at Kai, blushing.. He asked the manager if they could make two performances, one of them with Kai.. The manager said that it could be done, but they just had to choose a girl.. I asked why not me..

Manager: “Because you guys are perfect together..”

Kai: “Indeed.. you’re compatible.. every move blends so well.. as if ha ha.. you’re a couple or something..”

Lay: “Yah!!! What are you saying??”

Kai, smirking: “Oh.. did I hit a truth??”

Me: “No.. there’s no such thing.. You’re such a kid..”

Kai: “He he.. sorry.. just saying..”

Manager: “Now.. get a rest.. only two days until the performance..”

*

I was looking for my phone in the living room, while dressing up.. This was the big day.. I was so nervous.. I hoped people will enjoy this performance.. I heard the phone ringing and ran to pick it up..

Me: “Lay?”

Lay: “Hey! Ready for tonight’s show?”

Me: “Feeling nervous..”

Lay: “Yah.. come on.. we’ll have a great time..

Me: “What’s that noise? Are you outside?”

Lay: “Yeah.. walking a little to relax.. when are you coming?”

Me: “I think I’ll be there in an hour or two.. oh the doorbell is ringing.. ”

Lay: “Well.. go and see who is it.. I’ll call later..”

Me: “It’s ok.. I’ll just.. Tell me.. how are the rehearsals for the single going?”

Lay: “Well.. the boys are excited too.. and..”

Me: “LEAVE ME ALONE!”

Lay: “Hello?? Are you ok??”

I let the phone fall on the floor, while trying to get away from him.. He was coming closer, leaving me no option than to just hit him so that I could ran..

“No, you won’t!”

Me: “Leave me alone, you bastard!”

“I will.. but first.. give me my rights back!”

Me: “How dare you??”

“You dumbed me for him?”

Me: “What are you talking about?”

“SHUT UP! You’re mine, understand?”

He grabbed my wrist twisting it, while yelling at me.. I couldn’t resist the pain so I started to cry.. He pulled me towards him, trying to kiss me.. I’ve pushed him against the wall and ran to the entrance door..

Why didn’t he just let me alone?? Why did he keep bothering me? I’ve told him already that everything was over between us.. And now? He was doing this?? This was his true love??

I kept running on the street, trying to keep a good distance, so that he’ll not catch me.. But he was getting closer.. I was thinking of calling for help, when I’ve bumped into someone.. I raised my head and saw his innocent eyes, checking me up.. I hugged him tightly, calling out his name.. He told me to calm down..

Me: “Lay!”

Lay: “Shh.. I’m here..”

“YAH! GET YOUR HANDS OFF HER, YOU BASTARD!”

Lay pushed me behind him and head to my ex bf, who was trying to get closer to me.. I’ve put my hand on Lay’s shoulder to stop him, so that things wouldn’t get worse..

Lay: “Stay away from my girl, or you’ll end up bad.. You hear me?”

Ex-bf: “Your girl? Ha! You do like used tissues, don’t you?”

In the next second, Lay punched him in the face, making him fall on the ground.. My ex was trying to get up, feeling dizzy.. They got into fighting, while I was trying to separate them.. I heard a car from behind and turned to see some of the boys getting out and heading to the scene.. Kris helped Lay, who was on his knees, while Tao took ‘care’ of the other..

 Kai got near me, asking if I was ok.. My ex tried to run away, but Tao held him back… I was asked to call the police, but I knew he wouldn’t dare to do something like this again, cause he was such a coward..

I went to Lay and hugged him, thanking him for helping me out.. I’ve tried to explain to him that whatever that stupid said wasn’t true..

Me: “Please trust me.. I really didn’t..”

Lay: “Shh.. I would never believe such a dirty person… I know you very well! Calm down!”

Me: “Are you ok?”

Lay: “I am way better than him he he.. don’t worry.. how’s your wrist?”

Me: “It hurst a little.. I hope I’ll be able to dance..”

Lay: “We can cancel everything..”

Me: “No.. I want to dance.. with you!”

*

I was heading to the backstage, sipping some cold water.. The performance was one of the bests since we first danced to the song.. And I was even happier about the result, because today it was EXO’s 3rd anniversary and I really wanted to give the fans my gratitude through this..

I got into the changing room, wondering why was dark inside.. I then saw two lights making way to the center of the room, where Lay was staying.. Black Pearl was playing in the background..

I’ve asked him what was all this about.. He got near me and started to dance to the song.. I’ve followed him, quite confused.. Why would he dance again? We’ve just finished the performance..

When Chen’s ‘She’s my black pearl’ part came, Lay kneeled down, taking out a silver ring with a little pearl in the middle.. I just couldn’t keep the tears from falling.. Was this a dream?

Lay: “I know that you’ve been having a hard time and don’t trust love as you used to..”

Me: “Lay... I…”

Lay: “But I really want to prove to you that there are other kinds of love as well.. Would you please be my Black Pearl?”

I let him put the ring on my finger, then helped him get up.. He took me in his arms, holding me gently.. Yes, I wanted to be his black pearl, forever and beyond that.. I loved him so much..

Kai: “YAAA!!!”

I startled at the sound of his voice and saw the other boys coming in and cheering for us.. I got all red, trying to hide my face.. Lay was again trying to find his words, scratching the back of his head..

Chanyeol: “Yah, Baekhyun! I can’t wait for the cake!”

Baekhyun: “Tell me about that…”

Me: “What cake?”

Chanyeol: “The wedding cake of course!”

Lay: “Hey! Wait.. I didn’t .. I mean..”

Kai, pointing to the ring on my hand: “Um.. yes you did..”

Lay: “I mean I did.. but I.. YAH!!!”

We bursted into laughing seeing my gentle unicorn chasing Kai around us. This had to be the best day of my life and I really hoped that there was more to come.. I saw my black shirt laying on a chair.. Indeed.. I now believe those words.. I’ve written the destiny.. Thanks to that, my unicorn was now part of my life..

__________________

Hope you like it! Please continue to love and support EXO! Thank you for reading! God bless you all!