Imagine Baekhyun (with Chanyeol and D.O; special appearance Tao)

Imagine time with EXO - mini series

43) 'Together... no matter what...'

 

“So this is it?”

The doctor raised his eyes to face the girl. He didn’t really had problems in explaining the situation to his pacients usually, but this case in particular seemed a lot more difficult then he expected.. Probably because this time, he had to tell such news to his own niece..

He let the pen down and grabbed her hand, squeezing it gently.. The girl kept looking at him, making his heart ache at the sight of slowly dying hope in her eyes.. He cleared his throat and explained her about the possible scenarios..

“But in the end.. all might get to that..”

“Look, honey! You don’t have to think like that.. indeed.. in more than 70% of the cases it happens.. but shouldn’t lose your hope.. I am doing anything I can.. but you do have to decide whether you’ll do the operation or not..”

“What’s the point? Since.. anyway.. can you please keep this from dad?”

“Shouldn’t you tell him?”

“He’s too busy with the business and stuff.. I hardly see him.. and I don’t want him to.. you know how hard it was for him when mum died..”

“And how do you plan to keep that from him? He’ll find out someday..”

“I’ll think of something.. I gotta go now.. See you later..”

“Take care, honey!”

The doctor stood up and kissed her on her forehead. She took her bag and head to the door, checking up her phone. She was about to close the door behind her, when her uncle asked her softly: “What about Baekhyun?”.. She replied: “Don’t know..”, closing the door.

*

Since there was nothing much to do around the house, she decided to read in the garden.. She looked for a good book, took it along with her glasses and head off to the door on her left, covered with white silky curtains..

The weather was warm enough, no wind, nothing to disturb her reading.. She kept playing with a strand of hair, blinking slowly while following the story. She was so focused, that she didn’t hear the sound of steps coming from the living room.

She took out her glasses, to gaze at the sky, when two hands covered her eyes. She didn’t startle.. In fact her face turn into a small innocent smile, when she heard the giggle. She caressed the person’s hands, speaking softly..

“Baekyhun, cut it off!”

The boy came in front of her, getting on his knees.. He pouted at her, while she was messing up his hair..

Baekhyun: “How did you know it’s me?”

Girl: “Hm.. so.. how come you’re here so early?”

Baekhyun: “Well.. there aren’t many things to do, so we’re taking a little rest..”

Girl: “A well deserved one..”

Baekhyun rested his head on her leg, facing the sun, while she was caressing his hair. He kept moving his lips in worry, thinking how he should say it to her, without making her feel down.. As if she could sense it, she raised his head, looking at his beautiful, smiling eyes..

Girl: “What happened??”

Baekhyun: “I have to tell you something..”

Girl: “What is it?”

Baekhyun: “You know about the new album..”

Girl: “Yes.. you’ll have the comeback next month, no?”

Baekhyun: “Yep..but unlike XOXO… this time we’ll do our promotions in China.”

Girl: “I see.. so.. you’ll leave..”

Baekhyun made big eyes, hearing her speak so calmly.. Shouldn’t she get upset, asking him why, acting like a kid, crying and all that stuff?? She was so.. like.. she didn’t give a damn… He got up and raised his hand, waiting for her.. She took his hand and they head off to the living room..

Baekhyun: “You don’t seem to care about that..”

Girl: “What can I do? If this is what your mananger decided..”

Baekhyun: “Aren’t you upset or something?”

Girl: “Why should I?”

Baekhyun: “Yah! Why are you acting like this??”

Girl: “Sorry.. not in the right mood I guess..”

Baekhyun: “There is something else.. why don’t you wanna tell me?”

Girl: “Stop imaging things.. there’s nothing.. trust me..”

Baekhyun: “How I wish you could tell a better lie..”

Girl: “I am not lying.. ”

She pushed him away, heading to the kitchen.. He kept staring at the open door, not knowing how to react to that.. What happened? Why was she so cold? Did he do something? He didn’t recall saying something that might got her in that state..

Was her father? But he didn’t came back for 9 months now.. Then? Why was she behaving like that? Everything seemed great few days ago and now.. Unless.. He rolled his eyes, scanning the room, while a stupid idea popped out.. He ran to the kitchen, finding her making some tea.. He grabbed her wrist, forcing her to turn..

Girl: “What are you doing?”

Baekhyun: “Why are you so cold with me?”

Girl: “I am not..”

Baekhyun: “This is not the usual you.. tell me.. have I done something wrong?”

Girl: “No.. ”

Baekhyun: “Then??”

Girl: “You’re getting on my nerves right now.. Would be better if you just leave..”

Baekhyun: “Leave? You want me to leave?”

Girl: “Yes.. I am not feeling very well.. Please leave.. I’ll talk with you tomorrow..”

Baekhyun: “Tomorrow I’ll leave for China..”

She put down the package with tea bags and looked at him with questioning eyes.. He sighed and got closer to her, taking her into his arms..

Baekhyun: “I don’t like seeing you like this.. why don’t you share with me what’s inside your heart?”

Girl: “There’s nothing Baekhyun.. ”

Baekhyun: “Look.. there is..”

Girl: “I want to be alone..”

Baekhyun: “Fine.. will you come tomorrow at the airport?”

Girl: “I don’t know..”

He took a few steps back, not believing what he just heard.. He put his cap on, looked for his backpack and head off to the entrance.. He opened the front door, almost bumping into someone.. He raised his eyes, seeing the doctor.. He greeted him and ran to the black car parked outside.

The doctor went inside, calling his niece.. He then made his way to the kitchen, hearing her voice.. He found her sitting on the chair, resting her head on the table… He sat near her and asked her what happened.. She didn’t reply.. He took care of the tea, waiting for her to calm down.. After a while..

Doctor: “Did you tell him?”

Girl looking at the dancing steam rising up from the cup: “No..”

Doctor: “He has the right to know..”

Girl: “He’s leaving tomorrow.. ”

Doctor: “You just can’t keep this inside.. the sorrow will slowly kill you.. Why are you losing your hope? Why don’t you try to..”

Girl: “Please uncle.. ”

Doctor: “Well, you know better.. By the way..I want you to come tomorrow for a checkup..”

Girl: “I’ll come.. ”

Doctor: “Take care.. I’m taking a leave.”

Girl: “You also.. Love you!”

She led him to the door, waving until she no longer saw his silhouette.. She quietly closed the door, shuffled towards the sofa, letting herself fall on the couch.. She closed her eyes, recalling everything that happened in the past days.. The day was near to its end.. It was getting darker in the room.. She seemed to have fallen asleep, but she let out a little sob, muttering: “Baekhyun!”

*

The airport was way too crowded because of all the fans.. The security was having a hard time, trying to control all those people, that kept screaming and waving to their idols.. Chanyeol was smiling at them and making cute faces, while talking with Kris.. The other boys were just chilling, waiting to get in the plane..

But there was someone who could just not stay still.. He kept looking at the crowd, trying to spot those brown sparkling eyes.. There wasn’t much time left.. What if she won’t come?? He kept calling her , but the phone was off.. Damn.. was she upset because he left like that the other day?..

 

He acted quite childish…  But he just couldn’t stop thinking about her attitude.. He still had that stupid idea in his head.. He just tried to convince himself that it’s just his imagination, nothing to worry about.. He startled, feeling a hand reaching for his back.. He turned and saw Chanyeol..

Chanyeol: “Yah Baekhyun… What happened??”

Baekhyun: “Nothing.. ”

Chanyeol:  “She’s not here yet??”

Baekhyun: “No.. ”

Chanyeol: “Don’t worry.. there’s still half an hour before we’ll get in the plane.. Maybe she’s stuck in the traffic..”

Baekhyun: “Hm..”

 He went to sit on a chair, playing with his hat.. His phone rang.. he took it out of the pocket and answered nervously, without even looking at the caller’s id.. But.. it wasn’t her..

He got up when his manager called them and they head off to the door on their left.. They were about to get in the plane.. She didn’t come.. He was feeling down.. Didn’t even pay attention at Chanyeol’s childish games..

When they arrived at the hotel in China it was already night.. He got into his room after the final meeting with the group, where they’ve discussed the schedule for the next month.. He let himself fall on the bed, not minding his mate who was getting out his stuff to place it in the drawer..

He just couldn’t concentrate on anything.. He kept thinking at the last few days.. If only he could get a hint of what was happening in her heart.. Was it going to.. no.. that idea had to get out of his mind.. He looked for his phone and tried to call her..

Girl: “Hello?”

Baekhyun: “You didn’t come..”

Girl: “Mianhae..”

Baekhyun: “Are you upset with me?”

Girl: “I’ve told you I am not.”

Baekhyun: “Then why are you doing this to me?”

Girl: “What am I doing?”

Baekhyun: “Anne.. please.. it really hurts.. why don’t you just say it??”

Anne took a deep breath, while trying to keep in her tears.. She tried to control her voice.. But.. there was no way she could do that.. She started to cry quietly, when hearing Baekhyun’s voice: “Then.. be happy!!!”

*

The atmosphere was mindblowing.. Everyone was screaming and singing along with the boys.. This was the best comeback ever.. They kept performing the song for the past 20 days, gaining the love of more and more people, while breaking new records.

Today was the goodbye stage.. Baekhyun was singing his line, after which he had to slid on the floor, making way for the duo dance of Lay and Kai.. He was about to do it, when he felt dizzy.. He didn’t pay attention and fell on his left leg..

He tried to cover his pain, moving slowly to the end of the stage.. D.O ran to him, helping him lay down.. They had to call the doctor..

D.O: “Is he going to be ok??”

Doctor: “Well.. the injury isn’t serious.. but I sense another kind of pain..”

D.O: “What do you mean?”

The doctor went closer to Baekhyun, asking the others to leave the room.. Baekhyun rested his head on the pillow, trying to avoid that odd glare of the doctor.. His head felt like burning and of course, that pain in the leg made things worse..

Doctor: “Young man..”

He looked at the doctor with questioning eyes, while the latter pulled a chair near the bed and sat on it, clearing his throat..

Doctor: “For a young idol like you, it’s not a wise idea to keep yourself in such state..”

Baekhyun: “Excuse me?”

Doctor: “I don’t know the reason, but I can feel the sorrow flowing in your heart.. You eyes reflect it so clearly.. I guess that’s why you’ve been neglecting your diet and health in general..”

Baekhyun: “I am sorry, but this is my personal..”

Doctor: “Indeed.. but it’s my duty to warn you that by not eating enough and passing the limits while performing or rehearsing won’t lead to something good. Are you trying to kill yourself??”

Baekhyun smiled at the doctor with his sad small eyes.. Kill himself?? He was already dead.. His soul was shattered.. His heart lay down stabbed with sorrow, pain, sadness… And there was nothing he could do.. The only one who could save him.. was the one that left him..

*

It was the final performance for EXO at the show.. Baekhyun was rehearsing his lines in the backstage, waiting for his turn.. For the past 3 weeks, he kept losing to his opponent, but this time he just had to get the trophy.. His manager came near him and patted him on his shoulder, wishing him good luck..

He smiled and thanked his hyung.. He was ready.. Everything will be fine.. He was proud of himself cause he got over those sad moments.. 2 months had passed and although he didn’t forget her, he felt more confident..

He got up on stage and began singing.. He couldn’t control his emotions, because the song was so meaningful.. He felt that it fit his story so well.. He finished with a soft line, closing his eyes and getting on his knees.. The crowd stood up and cheered for him.

Now it was time for the announcement of the winner.. Baekhyun went to the right side of the stage, greeting his opponent.. They’ve both stood in front of the board, where the result was about to appear.. He bended his head, praying.. The other boys were watching from behind, crossing their fingers..

Shortly before the result came out, he felt like someone was calling out his name.. He raised his head and looked around.. How come he could still feel like this? Wasn’t he healed?? And why that sudden noise?? Why were people screaming like that? Why were his mates so happy, hugging him so tightly?? Oh.. he.. he won??

Chanyeol: “Yah.. I’ve told you’ll nail the show with this song.. Daebak!!”

Tao: “Wow.. amazing.. congrats Baekkie! I just can’t believe it..”

Baekhyun kept hugging his mates, when his manager came near.. He took a phone away from his ear and passed it to Baekhyun, who was looking confused at his hyung..

Manager: “Someone wants to talk to you.. said it’s urgent..”

Baekhyun: “Yeoboseyo? Oh.. uncle.. what’s the.. WHAT??”

He gave his hyung the phone back and ran to the exit.. This couldn’t happen. How? Why? Why didn’t she tell him???.. And all this time he thought.. Damn.. He was so stupid.. Not trusting her..

He looked for a taxi, but unfortunately, there wasn’t any.. He started running, forgetting that people might recognise him.. This wasn’t the most important thing.. He just had to get there..

*

She was making her way to the garden, keeping her hand up, touching the wall while taking little steps.. She wondered what the time was.. Her uncle was supposed to come for a tea.. It was getting quite late.. Maybe he was busy.. But he would always call her if something came up..

She got outside, feeling the chilly wind gently blowing, making her shiver.. She got near the roses, touching the flowers.. She didn’t take care of the garden for quite some time.. But it was kind of difficult now.. She had to tell her uncle to help her with that..

She startled at the sound of an opening door.. She turned and asked who was it.. The dark night made the man’s silhouette undistinguishable.. The girl took a few steps, when suddenly someone pulled her, wrapping his arms around her, holding her tightly..

 “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“What was there to tell you?”

“I can’t believe how selfish you became, Anne!”

Anne: “Baekhyun, please..”

Baekhyun: “Why did you hide something so important?”

She started crying slowly, while Baekhyun kept asking her why.. What could she do? She didn’t want to become a burden.. He had a bright future ahead, while she had nothing more.. Everything was fading in the dark night.. Happiness, hope.. all seemed so far away..

Baekhyun: “Shh.. calm down.. everything will be fine..”

Anne: “Fine.. what’s fine Baekhyun? I am blind!! Blind! I will never be able to see you again!”

He kissed her softly, crying.. No.. this wasn’t true.. She will recover.. even if this operation wasn’t successful, they had to keep their faith.. They will try again…

*

The little girl kept looking at the paiting, trying to figure it out how would her father get there.. How come he got stuck in there? She kept calling his name out, asking him to play with her.. She didn’t receive an answer so she ran to her mother, who was resting on the ground, reading..

Girl: “Mummy.. how did daddy get here?? Can you call him back??”

The woman closed the book, looking at her daughter.. She smiled at her child’s innocent stare.. She explained to her that it was just a painting.. Daddy was not there.. He was far away, in a fairytale land, singing to beautiful princesses..

Girl: “But why doesn’t he sing to me?”

Woman: “He will my love.. When he’ll get back..”

The girl kissed her mother and head off to the back of the garden to play with her doll.. She turned around, hearing a whisper coming from behind the big old tree.. She got there slowly to get a better look..

She chuckled at the sight of the prince.. She took a bow and raised her hands so that the prince would lift her up.. She was waiting for her little kiss.. The prince hugged her, caressing her hair.. He then head off to the woman, who was now checking up the white roses..

He wrapped his arms around her waist, making her tremble. She turned and kissed him softly… She then kept looking at him, smiling.. He asked her what was so interesting for her to keep staring.. She giggled and replied: “Your clear as crystal eyes, my sweet eyeliner butterfly!”

 

______________________________

Hope you like it, guys! Please continue to love and support EXO! Thank you for reading! God bless you all!