Imagine Baekhyun (with Suho) - request

Imagine time with EXO - mini series

58) 'Stupid love'

 

I smiled at him when he took my hand, squeezing it gently.. Now I really needed to just move on, but I knew it will be a long journey till I could forever feel free again.. He got up and hugged me tightly, messing up my hair..

Me: “Yah, Suho!!! Cut it off!!!”

Suho: “I can’t! Since you’re so sweet! Love ya!”

Me: “I love you too! Thank you!”

Suho: “Mention not, sweetheart! Look who’s coming!”

I turned around, following Suho’s stare only to feel an awkward ache in my heart when I saw him.. He was coming slowly, running his long fingers through that soft golden like wheat hair.. I tried to get my eyes off him, feeling my cheeks starting to burn a little.. Why was he here?

Suho: “Yah Baekhyun!”

Baekhyun: “Hey guys! What are you doing?”

Suho: “Nothing much.. just chating.. “

Baekhyun: “Hi _______!”

Me: “H-Hi!”

Baekhyun: “Haven’t seen you around these days..”

Me: “Well.. I..”

Suho: “She was busy.. helping me with some projects..”

Baekhyun: “I see..”

Suho: “So… are you coming with us to the park later?”

Baekhyun: “Nope… sorry.. I have some plans for today.. ”

Suho: “Well then.. We’ll take a leave now..”

He rested his arm on my shoulder, waving goodbye to Baekhyun. I bended my head a little, walking slowly by Suho’s side, when that powerful yet sweet voice made me stop..

 I just wished he’ll not get to that point, but I guess it just had to happen.. I turned to look at him, while he was trying to speak..

Me: “It’s ok.. ”

Baekhyun: "Um.. thank you.."

*

I was reviewing my essay when someone dropped some books on the table, making me startle.. I saw him taking the seat in front of me, playing with his fingers, while checking me up.. I tried to focus on the papers, although it was kind of hard, since his stare was stabbing my heart so deeply, that I couldn’t stay calm..

I put the papers back in my bag, took my phone and stood up to leave the library. As I was passing him by, he grabbed my wrist. I tried to make him let go of me, but he pulled me closer, gaving me his cold stare..

Me: “Let go, Baekhyun!”

Baekhyun: “Nowadays you’re avoiding me too much..”

Me: “You’re imaging things.. I am in a hurry. Gotta meet a friend..”

Baekhyun: “A friend or Suho?”

Me: “Yes.. so what??”

Baekhyun: “I don’t want you near him..”

Me: “And why should I care about what you want or don’t want?”

Baekhyun: “Ha.. so.. you’ve forgotten so quickly?”

Me: “I try to.. But you keep reminding me..”

Baekhyun: “I said I’m sorry..”

Me: “Let’s not talk about that..”

Baekhyun: “I want to meet you later..”

Me: “I can’t.. I’m busy…”

Baekhyun: “Weeks ago, we were the bestest friends… and now.. you don’t have time for a little chat?”

Me: “That was before..ah… please Baekhyun!”

“Hi guys!!!”

Me: “Suho.. what are you doing here?”

Suho, kissing me on my cheek, making Baekhyun widen his eyes: “What?? Can’t I see my girl?”

Baekhyun, still staring at me: “Your girl?”

Me: “Let’s go Suho..”

Baekhyun: “Listen.. I..”

“OPPAAA!!!!”

I looked at Baekhyun with sad yet smiling eyes, while trying to control myself.. He wrapped his arms around the girl’s neck, kissing her softly.. I patted him on the shoulder, saying goodbye and took Suho’s hand, heading to the front door…

Suho: “Jerk..”

Me: “Suho..”

Suho: “Yah.. honestly.. I just.. I really wanna… “

Me: “Now, come on! Ice cream?”

Suho: “Mmm… You got me he he.. Let’s go!”

*

I was looking for my bracelet, while buttoning up my sweater, when the doorbell rang.. I got outside of my room to go and answer.. I opened the door to see an expressionless Baekhyun resting his hand on the doorjamb..

Me: “What are you doing here?”

Baekhyun pushed me in, closing the door.. I asked him what happened, but he just kept staring at me, not reacting.. Lately I was getting confused with his behaviour.. I went back to take the bracelet and he followed me..

Me: “Yah.. this is my room! Can’t you wait outside?”

Baekhyun: “What the hell is going on with you and Suho?”

Me: “He’s my boyfriend..”

Baekhyun: “Oh really? Since when??”

Me: “Aren’t you a bit insolent, asking me about my personal life? Have you ever heard me asking about your relationship?”

Baekhyun: “That is not the point of..”

Me: “Can’t you just stop??”

Baekhyun: “No.. I just.. I want you to stay away from him..”

Me: “Why? Afraid that I’ll become the woman you said I was??”

Baekhyun: “Don’t bring that in..”

Me: “Why shouldn’t I? Didn’t you said that at the party, making me live that embarrassing moment??”

*

The crowded place, the laughters, all that noise was really bothering me.. But since it was my friend’s birthday party, I couldn’t just go.. I got myself a glass of orange juice, sitting on the couch, watching the others, who were focused on the game..

The reaction of one of my mates when he lost the round made me chuckle, but when Baekhyun told the punishment, I made big eyes, believing that I must have heard wrong..

Me: “Yah.. ”

Baekhyun: “Come on!! You gotta do this!”

Friend: “Look.. that’s silly..”

Baekhyun: “Why would it be? It’s just a kiss..”

Friend: “But you can’t force her to do this..”

Baekhyun: “Ha.. it will be fun!! Now kiss her!”

Friend: “Yah… slow down with the beers.. You’re making us have a bad time!”

Me: “Are you crazy??”

Baekhyun, smirking: “You should thank me for helping you!”

Me: “Helping me??”

Baekhyun: “Well.. everyone knows you’re head over heels in love with him..”

I just couldn’t believe he said that.. I tried to not pay attention at all those eyes that kept scanning me, while whispers from every corner of the room would reach my ear, making me feel embarrassed, getting all red.. I stood up and told him to stop this nonsense.. He got near me, pulling me towards my friend..

Baekhyun: “Kiss him! This is your chance!”

Me: “Stop it, Baekhyun!”

Baekhyun: “Oh, don’t be shy! Or.. don’t you know how to kiss?? And I thought you already had a lot of experience with men..”

The sound of the slap faded slowly, as he stared at me with big eyes, his anger painting itself gradually on his face.. I ran outside the house, trying to keep my tears from falling..

How could he say that? Why didn't he just think a little before saying such a stupid thing, even if it was meant to be a joke! Why did he have to make fun of me like that??

I was wandering on the street, not being able to realise where I was going to.. He was running towards me, getting closer and closer, finally grabbing my hand to make me stop..

Me: “Leave me!”

Baekhyun: “How dare you slap me like that?”

Me: “How dare you say such things?”

Baekhyun: “Does the truth hurt??”

Me: “You know nothing about the truth.. You just keep acting like a stupid, hurting other people’s feelings without realising it, thinking that it’s fun..”

Baekhyun: “Are you going to deny that you love him??”

Me: “YES! BECAUSE IT’S A LIE! BECAUSE I LOVE…”

I stopped before the word could get out of my mouth… Baekhyun got near, raising my head so that I’ll look at him.. His smirking was hurting even more than the words he said about me..

Baekhyun: “Ha.. see? You do approve of what I’ve said..”

“Leave her alone!”

Suho was coming from behind me.. I ran to him, hiding my head in his chest, crying slowly.. Baekhyun turned back, responding to his girlfriend’s calling.. Suho was trying to calm me down, caressing my hair..

Suho: “Now now.. relax.. what happened? Did you guys fight?”

I told him about the whole scene.. He wanted to go back but I’ve stopped him.. What was the point? It had already happened.. I just needed to go home..

*

The silence that embraced the room was emphasizing our pain.. He lowered his eyes, trying to find a way of starting a conversation.. I kept crying, while reviving those moments.. Baekhyun got closer and took me in his arms, whispering softly:

“Forgive me!”

I did that already… But I just knew that this one moment wouldn’t change the fact that he’ll return to his girlfriend, leaving a shattered heart behind.. I wipped my tears, telling him to go..

Baekhyun: “But you’re coming to the picnic! Let’s go together…”

Me: “No.. Suho must be here any minute.. He said he’ll take me there..”

Baekhyun: “I see.. then.. I’ll take a leave first..”

He left me in the room, head to the living room, then left the apartment, closing the door at the same time as my heart closed in its darkest place my last hope..I took my bag and got outside the room, finding Suho on the couch..

Me: “When did you came?”

Suho: “Just now..”

Me: “I’m ready! Let’s go!”

Suho: “You should just tell him..”

I turned around… He let out a deep sigh, stood up and rested his hands on my shoulders, while I kept staring at him.. Why should I? There was no way I could receive the answer I wanted..

Suho: “You didn’t try..”

Me: “If he could say that about me at the party.. then.. I am sure he’ll make fun of me again.. No Suho!”

Suho: “And are you going to keep living like this??”

Me: “I’ll forget about him!”

Suho: “You don’t even believe yourself.. You gotta tell him.. It’s the only way..”

Me: “Can we go please?”

Suho: “Alright!”

*

The weather was warm enough for a nice gathering.. The food was already on the table, so I called out the people to join me.. I kept looking at Baekhyun, while his girlfriend was acting like a totally stupid, jumping around him and kissing him without shame..

Suho gave me a look that could easily be translated in: “He deserves that idiot as gf..”… I smiled at him and pinched his cheek.. Hadn’t been for him, I couldn’t have faced all that sorrow… My gratitude was not enough to thank him for everything.. Here he was, encouraging me every moment..

Girl: “Oppa! Look! Tasty!!”

Baekhyun: “Yes.. let’s eat guys!”

Girl: “Try this!”

Me: “No.. that has peanuts.. He can’t eat that..”

Girl: “What do you know about that? Are you his mother or something?”

Me: “No.. I am his friend.. I mean.. I used to be.. and I know that will make him feel sick..”

Girl: “Hm.. acting like a prude.. I know better what my bf likes or not. You should just shut up.. you don’t even know what love is.. So how can you know what a man needs?”

Me: “Maybe you’re right.. But at least I know that I’ll never hurt him in any way.. ”

Girl: “What do you mean by that?”

Me: “I mean.. I’ll always be there for him, even if he’ll never look at me.. And I’ll make sure that nothing and nobody will harm him…”

Girl: “What are you trying to say stupid? That I’m hurting Baekhyun deliberately??”

Baekhyun took the lemonade and poured it in two glasses, giving one to his girlfriend.. I wondered whether he did that to just stop her stupid blabbering.. In a way, I felt grateful to him for that.. The lunch wasn’t such a great moment, since we really felt awkward…

Few hours later, as everyone else was taking a nap, I went for a little walk, trying to calm a little bit and get connected to the nature… The melody of woods was flowing inside my body, making my heart feel at ease..

I stopped, listening to those cute chirps… Everything was so colourful and lively… You could just stay there forever.. Suddenly, someone put a flower in my hair.. I turned around and saw Baekhyun staring at me with those sparkly eyes that seemed like smiling..

Me: “What are you doing here?”

Baekhyun: “I came to do what I should have done a long time ago!”

He cupped my face, getting closer.. I’ve closed my eyes as his lips softly touched mine.. I couldn’t feel anything else than that strange warmth getting down my spine, making my heart ache.. It seemed so unreal, that for a second I thought everything was just a play of my mind, as a way to cure my sorrows.. But it wasn’t..

Baekhyun: “Forgive me, my love! I just couldn’t realise it earlier! I am such an idiot!”

Me: “ Baekhyun.. what are you.. ”

Baekhyun: “Shhh.. don’t say anything.. Let’s just enjoy this peaceful moment of a love that slowly opens its wings to finally fly freely up to the skies..”

He took me in his arms, trying to show to me that he loved me more than I could imagine.. Is just that he was so blind until now.. But everything will change.. He’ll never let me go.. He’ll forever be here..

Baekhyun: “I wanna be with you.. And I know that you and Suho…”

Me: “There’s nothing between me and him..”

He looked at me surprised.. How come? Wasn’t I the one saying that we were together? I smiled at him,but before I could answer to that, someone’s voice was heard from behind us..

“That was just an act to make you jealous..”

Baekhyun: “What??”

Me: “Suho.. ”

Suho: “It’s ok dear cousin!.. We have to tell him.”

Baekhyun: “Cousin??”

Suho: “Surprised, are we??”

*

Baekhyun was staring at my cousin, trying to grasp the situation.. Suho chuckled at his funny face, then tried to control himself, telling him about our idea.. his idea actually…

Suho: “So.. basically.. after that day when you behaved like a totally idiot, hurting her feelings… she got so depressed that she slowly transformed in a totally different person.. She thought she has lost any hope that you’ll ever love her back.. And since you were so blind, I thought I’ll just make you realise.. So.. I’ve told her to pretend she’s my girlfriend.. And it worked.. You got jealous seeing us together.. You started feeling that something that kept you thinking at her.. You needed to be near her.. You had to make her understand that I wasn’t the perfect choice for her… Little by little you’ve unlocked that love for her, without even realising it.. And now, when you heard what she said at lunch time, you finally understood that she’s always been the one that supported you from behind, asking nothing more than just your love and protection.. But you gave her only sorrow…”

Baekhyun lowered his head, feeling ashamed.. I squeezed his hand, assuring him that everything was in the past now... I never thought about him as a bad person.. Only as a damn stupid child…

Baekhyun: “Yah!!!”

Me: “He he.. just kiddin’…”

“OPPAA!!”

Suho: “Here comes trouble…. ”

Girl: “I’ve been looking for you!!! What are you doing with that stupid?”

Baekhyun: “Mind your words when talking to my girl!”

Girl: “Your.. your.. oppa?? What are you saying?”

Baekhyun: “Listen.. I am very sorry.. But.. I can’t do this anymore.. I really like you and don’t wanna hurt your feelings.. So.. it’s better if we will just..”

Girl: “You’re breaking up with me because of her?? How dare you?”

She ran away, crying.. I told Baekhyun to go after her and comfort her.. He wasn’t sure whether that was a good idea, but since I insisted, he agreed.. I got near Suho, hugging him.. I really didn’t know how to thank him for being such a wonderful cousin..

Suho: “Anytime sweetheart!”

After speaking with Suho a while, we got back to the others, laughing about some stupid random things, when we saw Baekhyun coming towards us.. He got near me, hardly breathing.. I asked him what happened.. Little beads of sweat were covering his forehead and his body started shaking before he fell in my arms..

“BAEKHYUN!”

*

I kept rubbing my hands, while walking here and there.. Two hours had passed already, yet we knew nothing.. I was getting quite nervous.. Why didn’t they tell us something?? What was taking so long??

Suho tried to calm me down, but there was no way I could just sit, doing nothing, while he was there, God knows in what state… I really couldn’t understand what happened.. He seemed fine when we were in the woods and then.. My thought was interrupted by Suho’s voice who was talking with the doctor..

Suho: “Is he ok?”

Doctor: “We’ve managed to stabilize the patient’s condition.. You got him here in time, otherwise..”

Suho: “But.. what happened??”

Doctor: “Allergy.. his body will react this way if he eats peanuts..”

Me: “But he didn’t eat..”

Doctor: “The tests revealed that.. Now.. you can go and see him.. But don’t let him move too much, as he is still weak..”

Suho: “Thank you doctor…”

Me: “I didn’t see him eating those cookies when we were having lunch.. I told him not to..”

Suho: “Relax.. He’s ok now.. Go to him!”

I went inside the room, finding Baekhyun sleeping.. I sat on the bed, caressing his hand.. Why did he do such stupid thing? Why would he eat if he knew he was allergic? He moved slowly, feeling my touch and opened his eyes, trying to see who was there..

Me: “How are you feeling?”

Baekhyun: “Much better..”

Me: “Are you stupid????”

Baekhyun: “Huh?”

Me: “How could you eat those cookies? I told you when we were eating that there’s peanuts in them..”

Baekhyun: “But I didn’t eat.. I just..”

He stopped, remembering something.. Then he shook his head, not believing that actually happened… He told me that he ran after his gf, and after a little chat, she told him to eat some cookies, as a last sweet moment spent together..

Me: “I can’t believe she did that! If I get my hands on her..”

Baekhyun: “Shh… relax.. it’s ok..”

Me: “It’s not ok.. I could have lost you!”

Baekhyun, smiling: “You love me that much?”

Me: “I love you more than anything! I’ll give my life for you!”

Baekhyun: “Hey! Never say that again..”

He reached for my hand, to help himself get up, then took me in his arms, hugging me gently, while I kept telling him how much I love him.. More than he could imagine.. Now and forever.. And maybe even beyond that, cause love is a neverending feeling that fills our hearts and gives meaning to our lives..

__________________________

Hope you guys liked it! Please continue to love and support EXO! Thanks for reading! God bless you all!