Imagine D.O

Imagine time with EXO - mini series

71) 'Love was always there'


A flower takes its time to grow.. so does love.. slowly rising up.. getting different shapes… colouring every story in an unique way.. things don’t have to be rushed.. the best is yet to come.. one should never lose the hope.. in the end it gets to that point in which life will answer to an unspoken desire..

And the heart will then feel the relief... the soul will understand the pressure… love will change everything.. it just needs a sparkle.. once that piece of light is found.. the love shall shine… slowly.. slowly..

------

Little flour carpets covering the floor, plates here and there, choco chips all over the table… well, that was definitely not how a kitchen should look like.. and I forgot to mention the little stupid standing in the middle of all this chaos, with sticky hands, crying slowly while reading the recipe.. Why was it so difficult to make those damn cookies?

I let the recipe on the table, washed my hands and went to the front door to open it. My best friend’s smile faded away at the sight of my ‘perfect’ look. He got inside, asking me what happened. I tried to explain to him, while struggling to stop my tears that kept falling like rain drops on a window.

He chuckled seeing me looking like a totally lost puppy. I gave him a what’s-so-funny glare, while trying to get that stupid hair out of my face..

Me: “Yah, Kyungsoo! Stop it!”

Kyungsoo: “Ha ha.. sorry.. Ok.. Now.. where’s that ‘stupid hard to get it as math’ recipe?”

I pushed him into the kitchen, happy that finally I would do something about my surprise.. He read the recipe, while checking the ingredients on the table… He took the apron and as he was kneading the dough, he kept telling me the steps.. I felt like in a cooking class.. Little by little I could see the cookies getting closer to how they looked in the picture..

Me: “Wow! This is awesome! Thanks, buddy!”

Kyungsoo: “He he… mention not, sunshine! By the way.. why did you wanna make these?”

Me, winking: “It’s a surprise for you know who!”

Kyungsoo, forcing a smile: “Ah.. I see.. Any good news?”

Me: “Yep… He’ll debut as an actor.. Oh.. forgot to ask you.. how come you’re here? Don’t you have training classes at SM?”

Kyungsoo: “Mmm.. not today.. actually.. about that.. I came to tell you something..”

Me: “Hey.. um.. wanna come with me to give him the cookies?”

Kyungsoo: “Sure.. let’s go!”

I pinched his cheek gently, making him widen his eyes, while his face got red as a tomato.. He smiled, scratching the back of his head nervously.. I went to change my clothes then we head off to my boyfriend’s flat.

I was so excited to get there.. He worked so hard in the last days, so some choco cookies will be the best help.. Ah.. finally.. after all these years he was about to see his dream fulfilled. Once we where there, I took the package from Kyungoo’s hands and went up the stairs, feeling my heart beating faster and faster as I got nearer the flat.

I was now in front of the door, trying to calm down.. I pressed the doorbell button.. I did wait a while but I thought that maybe he was sleeping, since he was so busy these days..

He couldn’t even call me.. He’ll be so happy to see me.. I heard the door opening and turned smiling, but my smile flew away in the air when I saw that girl checking me up..

I greeted her politely, asking where was him, but before she could answer, I got inside, seeing my boyfriend coming from the bedroom.. I ran to him, shouting his name, making him startle..

He asked me what happened.. I said I came to celebrate with him and showed him the cookies. He stepped back when I tried to kiss him, resting his arm on the girl’s shoulder.

Me: “Um.. this is for you! Congratulations, honey!”

Bf: “Thanks.. but.. you shouldn’t have come here..”

Me: “Why? Did something happen?”

Bf: “No.. I mean.. yes.. listen.. I’ve been thinking and… we should stop seeing each other.. it’s better for my career.. you know this new drama is very important for me..”

Me: “But.. I won’t cause you any trouble.. I know things are difficult at the beginning.. I can wait for you..”

Bf: “I don’t want you to wait.. I..”

Girl: “What he’s trying to say is that from now on, he should start a new chapter in his life.. But for that to happen, he needs to end others… I guess you get the idea..”

Me: “I would like him to tell that.. thank you…”

Bf: “Listen.. I really care about you and I know it might be hard.. but.. I try to protect you.. and.. you have to understand that it’s not good for me to have a girlfriend right now..”

Me: “Then why are you with her?”

Bf: “This is a totally different thing..”

Me: “Is it? Honestly.. I wish you would have told me this before.. you know that I am a person who understands others whenever there’s a problem.. we could have talked and take this decision together.. but you.. you cheated on me all this time.. now I know why you didn’t respond to the phone calls.. and I thought you were busy with your filming.”

Girl: “Listen kid.. We don’t have time to deal with stupid beings like you.. He’ll be a star! He needs a woman.. You got that? A woman! Now get out of here!”

I tried to give him the cookies, but the girl pushed me away.. I looked at him one last time, then went back to the door, while my tears made me feel their presence due to the blurry sight.. I hardly saw Kyungsoo outside, waiting for me..

He didn’t ask what happened.. we just kept walking and walking until I couldn’t resist anymore.. I hid my face in his chest, crying out loud.. Poor thing didn’t even now how to comfort me so he just patted my head gently..

At one point I realised I was such a fool to keep crying for a dog like him, while he doesn’t even give a damn about my existence.. I wipped my tears and took Kyungsoo’s hand, telling him we’ll go to have some fun in the park..

I guess I did all this to forget about this day, but it wasn’t necessary.. I couldn’t think of anything, thanks to my friend.. He made me feel calm and happy.. Being with him was exactly what I needed to get over my sorrow..

After the rollercoaster adventure, we went to buy something to drink then we sat on a bench.. I opened the package, took a cookie and fed him, smiling.. He gave me his signature confused look..

Me: “We have to celebrate your debut!”

Kyungsoo: “But.. how.. how did you know that??”

Me: “You were about to tell me back in the apartment.. but I was too busy thinking about how I’m going to surprise that stupid good for nothing creature.. Congratulations, buddy! I knew you’ll make it!”

We hugged each other tightly.. He really deserved to become a star, because he’s been working very hard each day to fulfil his dream... and now it was time for him to shine..

*

I put the cookies on the plate, took off my apron and went outside to help my mates with the serving. Everything seemed fine.. I was so happy to see all those people having a little special time with their loved ones, while eating something sweet and sipping their favourites drinks..

My uncle got inside the café waving at me.. He told me news about the family and how proud he was that the business was doing well.. Ha ha.. his excitement made me chuckle, cause he kept moving his hands, making big circles in the air, trying to portray how happy he was right now..

Indeed.. the café was the best thing to happen in my life.. We had a lot of customers and, thank God, new ones every day.. I went in the kitchen to take the cookies, when I remembered all my disastrous cooking experiences.. Well well.. who would have thought I’ll get to have my own café?

I opened the fridge to look for the lemonade.. It was quite hot today and I really needed some refreshment.. While pouring the liquid I heard small steps getting closer and closer. I didn’t turn, knowing that usually some mates will come to take sweets to display them in the show-window..

What I didn’t really expected was to hear his voice.. I dropped the glass, looking behind me.. He ran towards me to see if I was hurt.. um.. clumsy me.. he he.. but.. how come he was here? I kept staring at him, trying to figure it out whether it was a dream or not..

Me: “Kyungsoo??”

Kyungsoo: “Hey.. yes.. don’t you remember me??”

Me: “Of course.. but.. how come you’re here? God.. how did you manage to get here with all those fans running after you??”

Kyungsoo: “No one knows I’m here.. Hm.. can I have a cookie?”

Me: “Huh? Yes.. sure.. help yourself..”

He took a cookie and came near me, smirking… I didn’t really understand what was he up to.. He grabbed my hand gently, putting the cookie in it, then asked me to feed him like in the old times.. I started laughing.. he’ll never change.. but.. why was I so happy?

I cleaned the mess and threw away what was once a nice blue glass.. We kept chating about his group and activities, then I went to close the café.. When I came back he was leaning against the wall, waiting.. He got near me, looking more serious than ever.. I wondered what happened..

He raised his hand, reaching for my cheek, caressing it while looking into my eyes.. He came closer.. and closer.. my breath became a pain for my body.. every part of me started trembling at the invisible touch of an unexplained desire… and then.. his lips met mine.. hearts greeted each other… love slowly started to rise up..

In this moment.. I realised.. I always felt this for him.. I was just blind.. He helped me read inside my heart… He showed me what love is.. He gave a meaning to my life.. I loved him.. Yes.. I loved him more than anything..

______________________

Hope you guys liked it! Thank you for reading! Please continue to love and support EXO! God bless you all!