Imagine Kris (request)

Imagine time with EXO - mini series

38) (Requested by Wendy Woo, MoMo Angel, Ashley Rose, Alyssa Maureen Constantino Alvarez on fb)

Note: ______ stands for your name! :)



___________________________________________________________
 

 

The atmosphere was really tense.. It was the last minute of the game… My mates had their fingers crossed, praying for a miracle.. I kept looking at the court, watching his moves.. There was a small difference that kept us from winning the highschool finals..

He felt all that pressure, yet he was still acting cool, focusing on the match.. He was wating for a chance to get the ball.. His eyes were scanning every move of the opponent. I knew how important this game was for him.. He spotted a chance and ran to the right side of the court.. Then..

Commentator: “OH! That was a serious foul! He might get himself in trouble.. This calls for a free shot.. and..”

I couldn’t hear the commentary anymore.. I head off to the stairs, running to where he was.. I tried to get near, but the doctor was already there. He had his eyes closed, squeezing a towel because of the pain. I kept moving my eyes from him to the doctor, trying to figure it out how bad the injury was.. Then the doctor got up and called for an ambulance. I went near him and grabbed his hand.. He opened his eyes and looked at me, trying to smirk..

Me: “Kris? Are you ok?”

Kris: “Yeah.. damn.. I’ve failed again..”

Me: “Yah.. wasn’t your fault.. don’t worry.. everything will be alright!”

Kris: “Little stupid... didn’t you hear? They’re calling an ambulance.. what’s there to be good?”

I kept looking at him, trying to keep my tears from falling.. He pushed my hand away and tried to get up. The injury made him fall down to the floor.. He started swearing and hitting the floor with his hand.. The ambulance came and they took him to the hospital.. I ran to one of my mates and we both got in our teacher’s car. I hoped that everything was alright..

*
Me: “So this is it.. not big deal..”

Kris: “This stupid project.. finally we’re done with it!”

Me: “Yah! As if you’ve done something.. ”

Kris: “I kept supporting you throughout the process.. Isn’t that tiring as well?”

Me: “Ah.. I really don’t know why I’m still your friend..”

Kris: “Cause you don’t have another one.. so you’re afraid of being alone…”

Me: “That’s not true! I can make friends…”

Kris: “Hm.. sure sure.. I believe you… little stupid!”

Me: “Stop calling me stupid! Or I’ll present the project myself!”

He got up and came closer to the desk. He leaned to whisper to my ear: “Yah little stupid!”.. I’ve gently pushed him away, took my mug and head off to the kitchen.. He followed me shortly after. I was making something for lunch, while he kept playing with his phone.

Kris: “Do you have any plans for tomorrow?”

Me: “Well.. Kim said something about a basketball game and..”

I stopped and took a quick look at him.. His frowning made me understand that he still hasn’t got over it.. I put away the plate with mushrooms and sat near him.. I patted him on his arm.
Me: “Yah.. come on.. Everything is ok now!”

Kris: “I don’t wanna talk about that..”

Me: “Why not? Why are you keeping that inside?”

Kris: “Please stop it!”

Me: “No, I won’t! I am your best friend and I can’t stand seeing you like this everyday.. For the past 7 months you’ve become a new person.. You’re not the Kris I knew anymore.”

Kris: “You’re wrong.. nothing changed.. just a dream that died..”

Me: “Because you wanted to..”

Kris, turning to face me: “Didn’t you hear the doctor?? It was no way for me to keep playing! Done! Finished!”

Me: “Who cares about what the doctor said? I trust you! I know that you can do it again!”

Kris: “I can’t..  not anymore..”

Me: “You forgot so quickly about your dream.. hm.. and I always believed in your strength.. that’s what kept me going when I had problems… and now you’re hiding like a coward..”

Kris looked at me.. I got up and went back to my work.. He got outside the kitchen and few seconds after I heard the front door closing.. There he ran away again.. I just couldn’t find a way to make him get over his fear..

Since that match, he never tried again.. He just kept telling himself that he’s not good anymore.. He kept underestimating himself.. He kept all that pain inside, letting it to slowly kill any hope that remained in his heart.. And why? Who could knew? He had to try… just once.. I went to pick up the phone that has been ringing for quite a while..

Me: “Hello?”

Friend: “Hey! How’ve you been?”

Me: “Good.. you?”

Friend: “Nothing much.. just preparing for the basketball season.. so.. does Kris wanna comeback?”

Me: “I don’t think so! I mean.. he doesn’t seem to care anymore..”

Friend: “That’s sad.. we really needed him.. this is our final year at highschool.. Our last chance to win.. We can’t do it without him.. You just have to convince him!”

Me: “If I only knew how..”

*
I was getting out of my classroom, heading to the exit, when Kris ran towards me.. He was walking close to me, trying to speak with me.. I just didn’t wanna hear his stupid comments again.. He grabbed my hand, forcing me to stop..

Kris: “What’s wrong?”

Me: “Yah! Let go!”

Kris: “Why are you acting like this?”

Me: “Like what?”

Kris: “You kept avoiding me for the past 4 days.. Always making an excuse to not go home with me, or not talking with me while at school, even not attending classes.. Are you crazy or something??”

Me: “I am not avoiding you.. I just have things to do..”

Kris: “Oh really?  Since when do you skip classes due to work?? You’ve never done that before! What are you up to?”

Me: “That’s my own business, ok?”

Kris: “Fine.. just do what you want..”

“Hey! Who’s this?”

We both startled at the sound of the voice.. I turned and saw a boy standing near a tree, holding his backpack on one shoulder. He smiled at me and came closer..

Kris: “What are you doing here?”

Me: “You know each other??”

Kris, turning and giving me a cold stare: “If I know him.. Either you’re blind.. or stupid..”

I was looking surprised at him. Why was he acting like that? What was wrong with my friend??

Me: “What are you talking about?”

Kris: “Why are you here, Jim?”

Jim: “____! Wait for me in the car, ok?”

Me: “Ok!”

Kris: “You’re not going anywhere! Stay here!”

Me: “Well I..”

Jim: “What’s your problem dude? Why are you messing with my girl?”

Kris: “Your girl?”

I let out a scream when I saw Kris punching Jim in the face.. They got into fighting.. I kept yelling at them to stop. Nobody was there to help me.. I tried to get near.. A car was coming closer… Don’t know exactly how it happened.. I just felt dizzy..

*
I was trying to make myself something to eat.. It was kind of difficult because of my hand.. I just couldn’t even cut the vegetables right.. Maybe I should go with just a glass of milk.. But I had to cook something.. I was taking care of the soup.. Had to take it away from the stove.. And guess what? I dropped it. Damn!

Kris, running into the kitchen: “Are you ok?”

Me: “Yeah.. I just.. ah… this stupid hand!”

Kris: “Yah.. take it easy!”

Me: “Let me.. I deserve it.. God? How could I be so stupid?? I swear to you Kris.. I didn’t know he was the one.. Believe me! ”

Kris took me in his arms, caressing my hair.. I was indeed stupid.. But I really didn’t know that Jim was the one who hurt Kris.. Just because at that time I was too focused on the game.. On watching him.. But that couldn’t change the fact that I’ve hurt Kris.. Me, his best friend… I just.. I don’t know..

I’ve always waited for a sign from him that he feels the same way.. But he just kept seeing me as his best friend.. Nothing else.. And then.. Jim came into my life.. I just tried to forget about Kris, about this painful love that kept me in despair…

But.. in the end, Jim was a good person.. He just didn’t control himself at that time.. I know he didn’t mean to injure Kris on purpose.. God! Why was I in all this mix???

Kris got up to see who was at the door.. He came back for his backpack.. He took his phone off the table and head off to the entrance. I asked him who was it..

Kris: “Your boyfriend..”

He passed by Jim, who was entering the kitchen.. I kept looking at the door, where Kris was standing seconds before.. Didn’t even hear Jim’s blabbering.. He put a hand on my shoulder, making me turn..

Jim: “What’s wrong?”

Me: “Nothing.. what are you doing here?”

Jim: “I just came to see how you were.”

Me: “I’ve told you we’ve got nothing else to discuss about. You lied to me!”

Jim: “That’s not true! I didn’t even know Kris was your friend.. And I’ve already told you… That was a stupid mistake.. I didn’t mean to.. Believe me!”

Me: “How can I trust you?”

Jim: “I don’t have how to prove it to you.. I am just being sincere… I swear to you that it was just a mistake.. I kept meeting him after the match to apologise.. Especially since I heard that he’ll no longer play.. Try to put yourself in my place.. ”

Me: “I am so confused.. ”

Jim: “I know I am guilty.. There’s no way to change that.. And it hurts me to see him like that.. Because I just know how important a dream is for someone. Tell me, what should I do?”

Me: “I’m sorry.. I know how hard it was for you also.. Forgive me!”

Jim: “Don’t worry! How are you?”

Me: “Recovering.. slowly.. ”

Jim: “God! We were so worried! Especially Kris.. You should have seen his stare when we heard the car.. That boy really cares about you!”

Me: “What?”

Jim: “Look.. I actually came here to tell you this.. I felt it since the first day.. I just hoped I could make you forget.. But.. I can’t do that.. You love him too much..”

Me: “Is it so obvious?”

Jim: “He he.. your eyes are sparkling everytime he’s near you.. I don’t stand a chance..  And why should I keep getting in your way? You love each other so much!”

Me: “You got it wrong.. I am the one who loves him. He just sees me as his best friend.”

Jim: “That’s not true… At least that’s not what I’ve heard from him.. He kept calling out your name and saying how much he loves you while you were in the operation theatre.. ”

I made big eyes, looking at him, both confused and kind of happy to hear something like that.. Was this a dream? Did he really love me? Or was it just a love of a friend? Was I reviving my hope for nothing? Was I really gonna hear him telling me that??

I hugged Jim, thanking him for everything.. I ran to the entrance.. Well.. not really running.. I couldn’t walk very well due to the left injuries.. I kept calling him.. His mobile was off.. I searched for his home number.. His mother answered.

Me: “Is Kris there?”

Mother of Kris: “No honey.. He’s at the train station.. Didn’t he tell you that he’s leaving?”

Leaving?? Why was he going? Was he gonna let me as he let his dream? Why would he ran away from me? I kept walking to nowhere, not feeling the tears coming down to my chin.. Why was he doing this to me?

I could hardly breath.. Those injuries really made me feel so weak.. But I had to go there.. I had to.. I heard someone getting closer to me. It was Jim.. He grabbed my hand and asked me where I was going. I couldn’t even speak properly..

Me: “Train sta-station..”

*
I was holding Jim’s arm to support myself, while looking at the train board.. I didn’t remember where did his mother said he’ll go.. There were so many names.. What was it again?? I was getting too nervous..  Then.. Yes! That was.. Leaving.. in 1min???? God!!!

I head off to the platform.. I got there and looked every where for him.. The train was moving.. No way! I started walking faster, hoping I’ll spot him inside.. I couldn’t keep up with that stupid machine that was moving too fast for me.. I just saw it getting smaller and smaller, while my love was stabbing my soul, making my wound deeper and deeper..

Jim: “Are you ok?”

Me: “Please leave! I wanna be by myself..”

Jim: “But you’re not feeling well.. How can I let you here?”

Me: “Please!”

Jim sighed and turned around, walking slowly to the exit.. I sat on a bench… So… everything was over now, no? This was my love story? That’s it? I kept staring at the railway, while all those moments spent with Kris would run in front of my eyes.. If only I could turn time back. I had a bad headache..

I stood up and took few steps.. Everything was blurry.. don’t know if it was because I was feeling sick or because of the tears that kept falling.. I was crying a river.. I kept my hand on my stomach, trying to endure the pain.

I couldn’t hear anything around me.. Not even the train that was coming… I just kept myself in a blank state.. Black birds were flying in circles above my head, cutting the sun in half from time to time.. Everything else seemed lifeless..

Even the wind stopped blowing, as if there was no reason for it to do that anymore.. The trees were standing still like statues.. Not a single leaf was moving.. I was at the end of the platform, ready to take a step that could have lead me to nowhere, when someone grabbed me..

“ARE YOU CRAZY?”

I hid my face in his chest, holding him tightly.. I kept crying and squeezing him, while he wrapped his arms around me. The train passed us by… Everything was calm now.. Not even a single sound to disturb this moment.. Not even the wind.. “Don’t leave me!!!!!”… He sighed and kissed my head.. “How can I, little stupid?”

*

Commentator: “This is such a great match ladies and gentlemen! Every second amazes us! What’s there to see in this last 3 minutes?”

The players were running from a basket to another, hoping to score for their team.. It was one of the best matches in the highschool history.. This time, the cup had to get into our hands.. Everyone put so much effort and passion..

No one could anticipate the ending.. Both teams kept the score so tied.. People were so concentrated, that some would forget even to breath.. Our teacher was moving his feet, making us feel nervous..

I was looking at the court, following his every move… He kept his cold attitude.. Beads of sweat slowly made their way to his neck, while he was running his fingers through his hair.. He got the ball.. He past by an opponent and then head off to the basket.. He jumped..

Commentator: “It’s a three point shot! AND THE GAME IS OVER!!!! What a history was created today ladies and gentlemen! First cup for this highschool!”

I kept clapping while crying and laughing. My mates ran towards him and made a circle around him, dancing and cheering.. We’ve finally won our first cup! This was the best day ever! He shaked hands with the other team’s captain and then looked at the crowd..

I got outside to wait for him.. The leaves were dancing in the sunlight that was making my hair shine.. I closed my eyes and smiled.. Finally! He got over his fear.. Everything was alright now.

I felt his soft lips gently touching mine. “I did it my love! Thank you for believing in me!”.. I opened my eyes and met his breathtaking look.. The way he was smiling at me made me feel so lucky to live this moment..

I’ve never seen him so happy before.. I’ve wrapped my hands around his neck and pulled him closer.. “No! Thank you! For loving me!”


________________________________

Hope you like it! Please continue to love and support EXO! Thank you for reading! God bless you all!