Imagine Kris

Imagine time with EXO - mini series

91) ALTHOUGH SO MANY DAYS HAVE PASSED.... I STILL WANTED TO POST THIS STORY AND WISH OUR HANDSOME DRAGON PRINCE GOOD HEALTH AND SUCCESS! HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRIS! (06/11/2013)

_____________________________________

I was holding the bag while looking for those cute brownish eyes of his in the crowd. I thought I’ve said when I’ll get here, but maybe he forgot, like always. I decided to buy something to drink, when I heard someone calling out my name.

Me: “Cousin!!!”

Cousin, messing up my hair: “Hey! Here’s my little Tinkerbell!”

Me: “Yah! Stop it! You’re late!”

Cousin: “I know.. mianhae.. but I had a busy schedule today..”

Me: “Oh, the promotion of the album.. I just love this concept.. Awwooo! Ha ha..”

Cousin: “Hm.. I guess you’re still their number one fan..”

Me: “Of course.. EXO forever! So tell me.. I’m gonna stay with aunty and uncle?”

Cousin: “Nope.. I found a better place. You’ll love it. Let’s go!”

We head off to his car, while talking about what was new in our lives. I was quite excited about this vacation, although I planned to take some classes to improve some skills which were important for my career. But I was finally able to meet my cousin’s family after a very long time. And I’ll get to visit them for many days from now on…

After an hour we arrived at the place where I was going to stay during my holiday. I was standing in front of a big white house, surrounded by an army of trees. I looked at my cousin surprised. He took the luggage out of the car and joined me, smiling.

Me: “Isn’t this too much for one person?”

Cousin: “Um, probably.. but it sure is the best choice for twelve wolves and their managers..”

Me: “What? Wait a second.. this is where they live? Are you kiddin’ me? Why did you bring me here? Do you wanna see me dying of too much fangirling?”

Cousin: “Ha ha! I thought you’ll be happy! You’re a lucky girl to have such a chance…”

Me: “True, true… Now I’ll be the main character of many curses inside other fan girls’ minds.. Thanks, buddy!”

Cousin: “Mention not! Come, I’ll show you the house! Oh, wait, someone is calling me! Ah… mianhae little Tinkerbell.. I gotta go.. Your room is on the 2nd floor! I’ll talk with you later..”

Me: “Hey! How am I supposed to get inside?”

Cousin: “Oh.. here’s the key! Byeeee!”

I took the key and waved him goodbye, then I dragged my luggage up to the front door, unlocking it. I was now inside the house and it seemed like no one was home, since there was too much silence around me.

I got upstairs, wanting to go to my room and rest a bit. Well.. if only I could figure it which one was.. I called my cousin, but his phone was off.. great.. How clumsy he was.. Hm.. you get used to it, if you have the “luck” to live with my cousin.. I really wonder how in the world did he become EXO’s manager.. I wouldn’t trust his memory so much…

There were 4 rooms on the 2nd floor.. I’ve decided to check the last one on the left side.. Since I saw two beds, I understood that it couldn’t be my room so I went to the others.. For sure, these were the rooms of the boys.. Maybe it wasn’t this floor.. but I am pretty sure I’ve heard well..

I tried to turn around to leave the last room when I’ve hit my luggage and fell down… on someone! He pushed me away then got up, cleaning his shirt.

Me: “Oh! Mianhae, Kris! I didn’t mean it!”

Kris: “Get out! You’re really crossing the limit! This is not what a fan should do! We have our own privacy! Please respect that! Leave now, or I’ll call security!”

Me: “Huh?? Wait.. there must be a misunderstanding.. Listen.. I am..”

Kris: “.. in big trouble!”

Me: “Hey!”

He grabbed my hand, pulling me outside the room… no.. let me rephrase that.. outside the house.. closing the door and leaving me all alone in the darkness..

*

I was playing with my necklace, leaning against the wall, while looking at the starry sky. For the past two hours I kept asking Kris to let me in, knocking until I couldn’t feel my hand anymore. Nice buddy.. keeping me outside… if I get my hands on my cousin, he’ll be my new cleaner for floors..

I knew how forgetful he usually is (always to be more specific…) but at least he could have told to some EXO members about my holiday and that I’ll be staying here..

It was getting quite chilly, so I started walking, rubbing my hands, when his voice made me startle, almost falling on my luggage…

Kris: “Are you always this clumsy?”

Me: “Ah! You scared me!”

Kris: “Get in!”

Me: “Oh… the stone hearted dragon finally thought about his mistake??”

He gave me a death glare before taking my luggage and entering the house.. He threw it with a small hand movement then turned around looking at me, while I was still outside, spacing out..

Kris: “Are you planning to grow roots there? I wanna close the door..”

Me: “Oh wait.. I’m coming.. yah.. look at this.. so many cds… when do you have time to watch all these movies? Hey.. how cool.. love the pillows.. and oh.. is this Chanyeol’s guitar?”

Kris: “Let me know when you’ve finished..”

Me: “Huh? Oh.. sorry.. he he.. so.. when’s my cousin coming?”

Kris: “He’s not.. he went to China.. dinner?”

Me: “Oh.. yes.. I’d love.. WHAT???? He’s not coming? Why? What happened?”

Kris: “Too many questions, clumsy! Sandwich?”

Me: “Let me help you.. so when will he return?”

Kris: “Next week I guess..”

Me: “Did he say something about me?”

Kris: “No.. ”

Me: “And where are the boys? Isn’t a bit late?”

Kris: “They’re in China as well..”

Me: “Wait…  are you telling me that I’m going to stay here alone?”

Kris: “No.. you’ll be living with me..”

Me: “ O.o … ok.. where’s that phone… I am gonna kill my stupid cousin.. ”

Kris: “His phone is off..”

He opened the fridge, humming a song, while looking for some tuna to make the sandwiches. I cut the bread and vegetables, then I said to him that I’d like to change my clothes before dinner. He just told me where my room is, without even looking at me.

I took my luggage and got in my room, trying to call my cousin… Kris was right… my stupid cousin.. I threw the phone on the desk and decided to take a shower to relax a bit. Few minutes later, I was drying my hair with a small blue towel, getting out of the bathroom when I bumped into Kris. He hold me to not fall, letting out a sigh.

Kris: “I guess this is a habit of yours. Dinner is ready! Here’s the sandwich…”

He stopped speaking when our eyes suddenly met.. For a moment it seemed like he was searching for some answers, while scanning my face, then he raised his hand, reaching for my neck. I tried to move aside, but I slipped on the floor and fell down.

Kris: “Are you ok?”

For the first time, he actually seemed to be concerned about me.. well that was a good sign. Maybe we will get along well together. I ate the sandwich, praising his cooking skills.

Kris: “Are you kiddin’ me? It’s just a damn sandwich.. you don’t have to be a chef to make it.. stupid..”

And we were back at the first phase of our encounter.. great… and thinking it was just one day that passed..

*

There were moments when I felt I shouldn’t be here and I wished I could turn back in time and see myself at home once again, but anytime Kris said something, his voice somehow managed to warm my heart and calm me down.

Since my whole life was like a race, it wasn’t something out of normal that in just few days I fell again.. but this word had a different meaning now.. And I knew I won’t really have a chance to open his heart. But I guess destiny pretended to be on my side. That night was one of the bests in my life… or at least I thought so…

I went into his room, grabbing his hand and dragging him up on the rooftop, not minding his annoyed mood. I put a blanket on the floor and prepared my special night picnic, while he kept looking at me, trying to figure it out why was I acting so childishly.

Me: “Try these. I made them myself..”

Kris: “Are you out of your mind? Picnic at this hour.. on the rooftop.. on a windy day…”

Me: “It’s not so windy.. stop complaining about everything and enjoy this cute experience. Here, take one. How is it?”

Kris: “Hm.. tasty.. well.. look who’s the real chef here.”

Me: “He he.. thanks. Have you ever done this before?”

Kris: “I am not that crazy..”

Me: “But it’s fun to try something new… you sure need a life, dude..”

Kris: “I guess so..”

Me: “Oh.. mianhae.. I didn’t mean it like that..”

Kris: “It’s ok.. there’s nothing wrong in telling the truth.. I am quite a loser..”

Me: “What? You’re joking? That’s a stupid lie.. You’re such a talented boy, you work hard every day to make your fans happy, you’ve sacrificed so many things to get where you are now. You are a very gentle person and I saw the way you interact with your fans even though they might not act properly.. But you sometimes seem lonely.. I can see it in your eyes. It’s like a weak yet still burning flame from the past that keeps bringing back memories which you struggle to erase..”

He raised his head surprised. Our eyes met and I felt my heart heavier. Then.. all of a sudden, without any reason, he touched my face, caressing it gently, before kissing me. A sweet dream that ended in few seconds, as he pushed himself away, trying to regain his breath.

Kris: “Damn.. I am so sorry! I don’t know what just happened.. I shouldn’t have done that..”

Me: “Um.. no.. it’s ok.. don’t worry..”

Kris: “It’s not ok.. that was a stupid mistake..”

He got up, trying to end this moment as soon as possible. I couldn’t really force him to stay here. His opinion about what just happened was quite clear, but he didn’t even have the curiosity to find out how I felt… Had he asked me then, things might have been different in the next days..

*

After that night, Kris kept himself as far away from me as possible, mostly locking himself up in his room. My cousin returned at the end of the week with the rest of the boys. It was a wonderful day. I met them and we had a great time at the party my cousin organised to celebrate both their success and my arrival.

I was chating with Sehun and D.O, when Kris came inside, wearing a black costume, nothing too fancy, but a great choice to emphasize his best features. He looked quickly at me, before heading towards Tao, sitting next to him for the next few hours, not really enjoying the general atmosphere, keeping a quiet attitude while trying to pretend he was interested in what the others were discussing.

I went to the kitchen for a new cocktail, since we ran out of it. While I was preparing the drink, Kris came in without making any noise, put his hand on my hand and guided me slowly.. It seemed like a game of two souls trapped in a sweet illusion.

As I was pouring the cocktail in the glasses, he back hugged me, closing his eyes. I turned around and looked at him with a sad, questioning face expression. Would he think of this as another mistake? Will he run again? He smiled, as if my thoughts reached him.

Kris: “This is something I want to experience everyday..”

Me: “How come? Since when?”

Kris: “No idea.. guess you casted a spell on me. I need you.. I can’t hide my feelings. I have to admit it, otherwise I won’t be able to breath properly anymore.. I love you!”

He glanced at me with innocent glowing eyes, waiting for a reaction. I let out a sigh, playing with his tie. I really wanted to believe him, but there was something inside my heart that kept telling me to not fall in a dream that could end abruptly, leaving behind pain and sorrow..

Me: “I’ll take the drinks to the living room.”

Kris: “When will we..”

Me: “I can’t tell..”

I got outside, trying to control my shaking hands. D.O helped me to give the glasses to everybody. I took the last one and sat on the couch, sipping the cold drink. I couldn’t concentrate on what Chanyeol was telling me, while I kept looking at the door, wondering why didn’t Kris came yet.

Chanyeol: “You should trust him..”

Me: “Excuse me?”

Chanyeol: “You know…. he is not as cold as he seems.. and I can assure you that he’s sincere about his feelings.. he probably just needs some time.. but only you can decide if you’re gonna be there to help him.”

He smiled brightly, leaving me alone and even more confused. I got up, determined to clear up everything that was happening inside my heart. While I was leaving the room, looking for him, I heard some voices outside the house. The front door was slightly opened. I got nearer, trying to not get noticed.

“I am.. quite surprised to see you.”

“You didn’t change a bit… Still the handsome Wu Yifan I used to know..”

“But you seem a different person.. Heard you fulfilled your dream.. congrats..”

“Thanks..”

“Oh.. how is your lil’ sister? Did she come with you?”

I left quietly the place, while the last words I heard made me suddenly feel quite dizzy and tired: “She’s dead..”

*

Cousin: “Welcome dear! I am EXO’s manager! Nice to meet you! Kris, you didn’t tell me you’ve invited her.. ”

Girl: “He didn’t know I’ll come.. And neither did I know that we’re gonna collaborate for the photoshoot. I had other plans ahead..”

Cousin: “I see.. Well, it’s an honour. Not everyday we have a chance to work with a famous model like you.”

Girl: “If you don’t mind, I’d like to retire.. It’s been a long and tiring day.”

Cousin: “Sure.. I’ll see you to your room.”

The two left as the others were trying to get over this awkwardly tense moment. Chanyeol had the idea of a new game to cheer us up. I told him I’ll go to my room and wished them goodnight, not looking at Kris, who was now avoiding me again.

While I was changing my clothes, someone knocked at the door. I opened it slowly to see my cousin holding a glass of warm milk.

Cousin: “Your favourite as I remember.”

Me: “Thanks, buddy!”

Cousin: “Mention not, little Tinkerbell. I wanted to apologise for leaving you like that. Sometimes things happen so quickly..”

Me: “Don’t worry, I understand.”

Cousin: “How’s school going?”

Me: “School? Oh.. you mean the extra classes? Good.. I like the subject, it’s very well structured.”

Cousin: “Very good.. Who knows.. maybe someday you’ll work with us.”

Me: “Let’s just wait for time to tell us..”

Cousin: “Ok.. it’s late. I’ll let you rest. I have some work to do tomorrow. Sleep well. I gotta check if the boys are sleeping. These restless little brats will make me go crazy.”

He messed my hair gently, then left the room, raising his voice so that the boys could hear him coming and jump quickly in their beds, pretending to have been sleeping all this time.

The night passed without any other events to disturb us. I barely slept, not able to forget all that happened in the past hours.. Early in the morning, I got up before the others and went to prepare the breakfast.

The other girl came in the kitchen and sat on the counter, playing with an apple, trying to annoy me. I decided to not mind her, so she started asking me about stupid random things.

Girl: “Not very talkative.. How about some coffee for me?”

Me: “Black.. I suppose.. and maybe.. a fruit salad to go with it..”

Girl: “Good choice.. Please bring it upstairs.. oh… by the way. I hope you don’t mind me staying here.. I didn’t really want to go to a hotel.. and this seemed like a good alternative..”

Me: “Why would I mind? I am dead.. remember?”

*

She looked at me with her already known careless expression and left the kitchen stretching her arms. I tried to focus on the dish I was making, so that I won’t let my sorrow control my mind.

I took a mug from the cupboard and prepared the coffee… my eyes kept following the spoon, as I was spacing out.. I would have burnt myself, hadn’t Kris come at the right time. He pushed me away, looking at my hands..then took care of the coffee..

Kris: “Are you crazy? What were you thinking at?”

I ran outside the kitchen heading to the rooftop, trying to close the door that Kris kept pushing. Finally he succeeded.. I walked to the end of the terrace, followed closely by him.. I didn’t really mind the tears that kept falling down to my chin, I just couldn’t bring myself together.. He heard my sobbing and hugged me, asking what was happening. Since I didn’t reply, there was nothing else for him to do then just wait..

For a moment, we kept ourselves in the quiet embrace, trying to erase everything else around us.. but then.. a wild thought came into my mind.. I turned around and looked at him, while reviving some memories that I’d never thought will mean too much for me…

Kris: “What is it…”

Me: “So you’re that one experience that she always wanted to forget.. like she told me when she gave me this..”

I’ve snatched the silver necklace from my neck and showed it to him, while losing my control.. I kept yelling at him, asking him why has he been playing with both me and my sister.. He grabbed my hands, forcing me to stop. He then told me he never played with anyone.

Me: “You liar!”

Kris: “You don’t know anything..  what did she tell you?”

Me: “It’s not your problem..”

Kris: “Yes it is… you have to know the truth.. ”

Me: “And who’s gonna tell me? You? Don’t make me laugh..”

Kris: “Listen.. you have to believe me.. I’ve never done anything to her..”

Me: “And how can I know that?”

Kris: “Damn.. just think at the reason why she came back home..”

Me: “She never did.. ”

Kris: “What? No way.. she told me that.. when.. when she left me..”

I looked at him while he passed me by, heading to the other side of the terrace, gazing at the pinkish sky… I got closer, resting my head against his back, waiting for him to open up his heart.. the new day welcomed us with a sweet fresh scent carried on the invisible wings of a quiet wind..

*

During the photoshoot, she kept checking Kris out, trying to get his attention.. I couldn’t stand her attitude, knowing the whole truth.. I kept hearing the painful scream of my father as he was scolding her for what she’d done, before his heart finally gave up.

There she was, feeling nothing, living her own life, build on the sorrow of so many souls, trying to get everything she felt she deserved. Now she came back to claim something she never appreciated… a pure love stained by her coldness and selfishness..

I got outside the building, feeling the need to breath some fresh air.. My cousin joined me shortly after.. He didn’t say anything at first, but kept looking at me, wondering how was I feeling..

Me: “Buddy.. stop it.. I am ok…”

Cousin: “I really wish she would have never come.. How dare she? After all that happened..”

Me: “Well.. that’s her.. and you know it… we all know.. by the way.. thanks for not telling the boys..”

Cousin: “That’s not something to be proud of.. so.. less people knowing this.. better.. I am still worried about Kris.. what is his role in this problem?”

Me: “I can’t tell you… he’s the only one that has that right..”

“Having a little family chat?”

Me: “Well.. it was.. until you came..”

Sister: “How rude is that.. well.. I don’t mind it.. there are better things to think at..”

Cousin: “You know what? I really feel like slapping you now, even though you’re a woman..”

Sister: “Then do it… what stops you?”

Cousin: “The fact that I still have my manners untouched by selfishness.. can’t say the same thing about you.. why did you accept this project? Why are you here?”

Sister: “I came here to take back what’s mine..”

Cousin: “Don’t tell me… Kris? I can’t believe this.. did you hurt him as well? Listen.. this time you won’t be able to do anything bad.. because I am here. Leave him alone. He’s finally found some happiness..”

Sister: “Ha ha… really? And who helped him? My lil sis? Come on.. she’s just a toy for him.. once she’ll get in his hands.. will be just one game.. then she’ll be thrown away..”

Cousin: “How dare you? Filthy person…”

Sister, turning to look at me: “I wanna talk with you..”

Me: “What’s there to talk.. you said I’m dead.. leave it like that.. think I am just a memory.. and leave me alone..”

She came nearer, whispering so that my cousin will not be able to hear. I looked at her, frowning, then followed her to the black car parked few meters away, while my cousin kept telling me to stop.

We didn’t talk much since we left the place.. My sister seemed focused on the driving, not paying attention at me, as if she was all alone.. She stopped the car on a brigde outside the city, getting out and looking around. Few minutes later, I was beside her. While I was wondering what was happening inside her mind, she turned and grinned.

Me: “What do you want? You said you have something important to tell me about Kris…”

Sister: “Indeed.. listen.. we both care about him.. and we want the best for him.. but that means that you should step away.. this is our story.. and even if we had little problems.. we can still get together..”

Me: “Little problems? You left him when he needed you the most.. He was fighting for his own dream and you shook his confidence.. you betrayed his loyalty and love..”

Sister: “His dream.. please.. and what was so special about it? He just does some stupid rap and pretends to be dancing.. come on.. at that time I didn’t believe he’ll be able to handle things and be strong for his love.. when he couldn’t even get over some stupid family issues.. he was a loser..”

Me: “Then why did you came back? Because now he’s famous?”

Sister: “I realised I’ve misunderstood him.. I came to solve things out..”

Me: “Hm.. you didn’t even convince yourself with these words.. since when are you so warm hearted? You don’t give a damn about Kris.. You know that this will help you to get more attention, now that your career isn’t at its best.. finally you realised you’re nothing without the help of others..”

Sister: “Don’t say that!”

Me: “Why not? You left Kris because you were envious of his possible success.. you tried to become famous and since no one gave you the things you wanted.. you owned them by selling yourself.. that killed our father.. you did it.. because of you he died.. and you didn’t even come to see him one last time.. and what about mum? Didn’t you think about her? I don’t care if you don’t love me.. but mum didn’t deserve your coldness.. you’ve done a lot of mistakes and you’re still here, trying to do another one.. but this time.. no one will help you, even if you’re gonna sell your body again..”

She slapped me, screaming.. the truth was finally said.. and she couldn’t stand the real face of her own destiny… I smiled slowly, trying to make her understand that there was still time to change and give a new meaning to her life..

Sister: “You know what? Since you’re dead already in my eyes.. why shouldn’t we make this for real? At least I’ll know you’ll never get in my way again..”

She pushed me to end of the bridge, laughing histerically. I tried to calm her down, but it seemed like it was impossible.. At one point I didn’t feel the ground under my feet anymore and then there was only water around me..

I couldn’t keep my eyes opened for too long.. Everything ended in a second, while my body felt a strange force, dragging me to an unknown place before all went black..

*

“Don’t push me!!”

“Shh.. she’s gonna hear us Bacon..”

“One last time.. it’s Baekhyun, derp!”

I chuckled at their sweet fight, telling them to come out. Both raised their heads from underneath the table, smiling.. They got up, trying to get over this embarrassing moment.

Me: “Now.. what are you two doing here?”

Chanyeol: “Ahem.. you see… we really love your cooking skills..”

Baekhyun: “Yes yes.. and we wanted to see what you’ve prepared..”

Me: “That’s a surprise guys.. and it’s not for you…”

Chanyeol, pouting: “Yeah.. we know.. our Kriscasso was luckier.. I really don’t understand what did he do to mesmerize you.. but anyway.. listen.. you can always count on us if he’ll ever be mean.. let us know, ok?”

Me: “Ha ha.. ok.. and by the way.. there might be a nice plate inside the cupboard, waiting for some cookie lovers..”

Chanyeol: “Jjinja??”

Baekhyun: “Yah! Park Chanyeol! Move your !”

Chanyeol: “Huh? Why?”

Baekhyun pointed behind Chanyeol, pushing him to get inside the house. They patted Kris on his shoulder while passing him by, giggling. I could hear their cheer while they ran to the kitchen, waking up Tao who started yelling at them..

Kris came near me, asking me why did I call him up on the rooftop.. I pulled him closer, looking at his jacket..

Me: “Hm.. not bad.. for a picnic..”

Kris: “I should have known..”

Me: “Ha ha.. Come.. Let’s eat.. I hope you like it..”

Kris: “Wait.. before that.. I wanted to tell you.. she phoned few minutes earlier..”

Me: “Really? How’s she?”

Kris: “Good.. she said the gift shop was a great success.. and that she misses us..”

Me: “Hm.. ten months have passed already.. I am so happy for her.. thank you!”

Kris: “For what?”

Me: “For saving her.. us… hadn’t you followed us.. maybe I wouldn’t be standing here now..”

Kris: “Shh… don’t say that.. everything is fine now.. let the past stay where it belongs, ok?”

I nodded slowly, wiping away a little tear that formed in the corner of my eye.. He pinched my nose gently, then asked me if he could get a cookie.. I ran to the table to take one and when I came back, I kind of like.. ended up on him..

He started laughing about my clumsy habit, which somehow always happened whenever I was around him. I pretended to be upset so he pulled me closer, looking deep into my eyes, before kissing me like that one night when our love started to gain shape… I felt this strange worriness that I might live the same moment, but his voice once again calmed my heart, as he told me softly:

Kris: “This is not a mistake, but the result of my true love for you. I’ll never stop feeling this, as long as you’ll give meaning to my life.. I love you!” 

_________________

Hope you liked it. Thank you for reading! Please continue to love and support EXO! God bless you all!