Bestfriend, sister, lover

You Got Me

“That’s so sweet when couples act like bestfriends..

And bestfriends act like couples..“

 

Jessica made her way to their small condo, immediately going inside her tall best friend’s room. No need for a polite knock, not when they already know each other for about more than 10 years. Privacy seems like just a word for them.

The blonde opened the door, and her eyes immediately found her tall bestfriend sitting on the floor, still with the very same position as before.

She slowly made her way to the tall brunette, standing on knee beside the girl, before lifting her hand, gently running her finger through Sooyoung’s black long wavy hairs.

“Syoo..” Jessica called softly “wake up.. you can get sick sleeping on the cold floor.. syoo..”

“Urgh..” the tall brunette let out a soft grunt, waking up, completely tired, rubbing her eyes softly, before lifting up her head, but eyes still closed.

Jessica giggled by the sight, before a obvious frown appear on her face “You’re overworking..” the blonde scolded.

“..I need to finish that report sooner..” the tall girl mumbled, trying to gather every pieces of her mind from her dreamland.

“Yeah.. but still.. your body need rest..” Jessica argued, worrying over the brunette a lot “I thought being in this holiday, can get you break up with your work even for a while..” she said, refusing to called it ‘honeymoon’, no she can’t.. she can’t get the fact about now, sooyoung is someone else’s woman..

“It’s only two weeks..” Jessica added “after all that restless day and sleepless night in months.. how hard it could be to rest your mind and body for only two weeks, syoo..” Jessica the latter’s cheek gently, lovingly “you even still working when hospitalized after fainted in your office..”

Sooyoung opened her eyes slowly, but still not gazing into her bestfriend’s, obviously trying to get over the argument, by looking what excuses she can give.

And of course, Jessica can see it clearly.

“And don’t even give me some of your thought about sense words or senseless one..” Jessica said before Sooyoung can even come up with one, well, half of her mind still in her dreamland, not activated yet.

Slowly, Sooyoung diverted her gaze to her bestfriend, letting out a soft groan “urgh.. why do you even have to argue with me early in the morning?” Sooyoung mumbled “how about come back here, around-…”

“Syoo!”

“Fine.. fine..” Sooyoung gave up “sorry.. I just thought about finishing the report sooner..”

“What time did you sleep last night?” Jessica questioned, hand still on the tall latter’s cheek.

“..emm.. maybe around 12?”

“12?”

“..or 1..”

“Syoo!”

“Okay.. okay..” Sooyoung sighed, defeated “almost 3AM..”

“Seriously! You should take care of yourself better..” Jessica nagged.

“I do!” Sooyoung answered defensively.

“Yeah.. by sleeping late at night, wait, count it dawn.. or—or.. skipping breakfast..” Jessica replied, rolling her eyes in the process “what a good life you have there..”

“Sorry..” Sooyoung grinned, before pulling the blonde into a tight hug, burying her face on the blonde’s shoulder.

And of course, that simple act mean so much for Jessica, that she finds herself, already melting into Sooyoung’s embrace.

“Don’t do it again..” Jessica mumbled.

“Okay..” Sooyoung answered back, but they both know, it will still happen over and over again..

“Let me just sleep for a while..” Sooyoung mumbled.

“Go sleep on the bed..” Jessica said, rubbing the girl’s back ups and downs “your back will ache sleeping like this..”

“The only reason my back will ache, it’s because I’m over the age..”

Jessica giggled “you talked like a grandma..”

“Yeah.. I’m getting older..” Sooyoung joked.

“Now, stop playing around just because you are too lazy to move from here.. it’s not even that far..” Jessica said, patted Sooyoung’s back lightly “get up, syoo..”

“Give me an hour..”

“Syoo! Come on, you-.. hey..” the blonde paused “let me carry you there..”

“What?” Sooyoung pulled from the hug, giving the blonde a playful disbelieving look “how come that small body of yours carrying me up?”

“Try me..” Jessica challenged.

“No.. you can’t do it..”

But Jessica, stubbornly, standing up from the floor, pulling the tall girl along, turned her back on the taller brunette, and forcing the latter to climb on her back.

“I can walk.. it’s not that far…” Sooyoung finally said.

But as stubborn as she is, Jessica already hold both Sooyoung’s arms, wrapped it on her neck, and falling right on her first step.

Swiftly, using both her hand, Sooyoung covers jessica’s forehead, so it wouldn’t hit the hard floor directly.

“Yahh!!” Sooyoung yelled slightly “what did I tell you?”

Jessica frowned, but says no words.

Sooyoung sighed, before making her way to the bed, lying herself there, while Jessica follows behind, sitting on the edge of the bed, beside the tall brunette.

“Syoo..” Jessica poked Sooyoung’s back “syoo.. are you mad?” but getting no response from the brunette “Syoo..” jessica’s voice cracked “I’m sorry.. I’m just playing around..”

And then when Sooyoung turned to face the blonde, eyeing the girl who has that teary eye “have you took your breakfast?” Sooyoung asked. And without any hesitation, Jessica nodded her head.

But Sooyoung can see through the lie.. that sweet lie..

Having a small smile on her face, sooyoung move her body slightly, lying her long arm on the bed, patting the empty space beside her, and a big grin instantly appear on the blonde’s face, gleefully lying there, into Sooyoung’s embrace.

Jessica wrapped her arms around Sooyoung’s waist, burying her face on the tall latter’s neck, enjoying how her heartbeat fastened by the simple hug, before she called the girl “Syoo.. you haven’t took breakfast..”

“It’s okay.. let’s just call the room service later..”

“Okay..” jessica nodded.

“Why don’t you go out with them..” Sooyoung asked “they might go shopping to the mall today..”

“I don’t feel like it..”

“I thought you like shopping?” Sooyoung asked, pulling from the hug, eyeing her bestfriend with brows creased.

“But you’re not joining us..” Jessica whined, staring right into sooyoung’s eyes.

“Ah..” Sooyoung gave a playful teasing smile to the girl “so, you’re afraid that nobody can help you to carry all your shopping bags?”

“Well..” Jessica grinned “part of it.. maybe..”

“Taeyeon might going to..” Sooyoung said “and I bet she will gladly help you with that..” Sooyoung added “just like how you sometimes torture us with your hours in the mall..”

Jessica giggled “Taeyeon alone wouldn’t enough to help me with that..”

“Yah, jessica jung.. stop spending your money on that..” Sooyoung scolded softly.

“Yah!! You’re talking like I’m a shopaholic..” Jessica puffed her cheeks “I’m just working and spending my hardwork into something I like..” she mumbled “not like one person who is overworking herself until she got into the hospital..” she argued childishly.

Sooyoung ruffled the latter’s hairs playfully “ahh.. my sica is grown up now..” she said “talking like a mature woman..”

“Yah!!” jessica yelled slightly “stop treating me like your 5-years-old sister!”

“What?” Sooyoung gave a fake surprised look “aren’t you one?”

“Yahhh!!” the blonde whined, puffed her cheeks, pouting.

Sooyoung chuckled at the sight, swiftly, planting a chaste kiss on the blonde’s lips, a quick peck, just like how she always do when Jessica pouting, the very same reason, about why the blonde loves doing the gesture.

“Eww..” Jessica faked a disgusting look, but she obviously loves it, a lot, her big grin can’t hide much, knowing what coming next.

And being the naughty friend she is, a naughty grin appears on Sooyoung’s face, and start flooding Jessica’s face with kisses. And the blonde giggled all way long, playfully pushing her tall bestfriend, and sooyoung ended up with another one on her lips.

Ahh, Jessica misses this so much.. playing with her tall bestfriend.. a world where there are only her and her Sooyoung..

“You’re such a flirt..” Jessica said between her giggle.

“Yeah.. a gorgeous flirt..” Sooyoung added playfully.

“And you sure know, how to use that charms of yours..”

“The very same reason, why people can’t resist me..” Sooyoung gave a sweet teasing smile, proudly.

Jessica’s giggle slowly faded, before she cuddled more on Sooyoung’s shoulder. And the taller brunette can feel it.. what comes from the blonde.. that fear, worry, insecurities..

Jessica is dying to ask about why Sooyoung agree over the arrange married, but she is afraid, afraid of what will come from the latter’s lips.

“Why?” Sooyoung asked “You’ve been so quiet since you heard about my marriage..” Sooyoung said “are you afraid that you will lose me?”

“Am I already did?” Jessica voiced her thought.

“Sica..” Sooyoung called softly, gently brushing the blonde’s hairs “look at me..” she said, making the blonde lifting her head, having a obvious frown on her face.

“Did you remember my promise years ago?”

“Yeah.. when you’re 10, hospitalized for your medication..” Jessica retreated, remembering how Sooyoung always comes up with that everytime she felt down.

But this time, she wonders if it can make her feel better..

Maybe it gets her even more scared, worried..

“Yeah.. I were so weak back then.. that I have to stay in the hospital all the time..”

“Yeah..” Jessica giggled, remembering their past “your mother always scolded you everytime you sneaked to play outside..”

“That’s why you always come to play with me instead..”

“Yes.. I like it though.. playing outside is just to tiring..” the two figures giggled, remembering their childhood.

“That’s when I made that promise..” Sooyoung said, staring at her bestfriend’s eyes “that even if I can’t protect you.. I will find someone who can do it for me..” Sooyoung said “so, don’t worry.. I wouldn’t let you alone..” she grinned. But Jessica has a frown with her instead.

“Nobody can protect me but you..” Jessica mumbled.

“..what if I tell you that I already find that person?”

“Who?” the blonde asked, but still not faded that frown from her face.

“Well.. just what if..” Sooyoung replied.

“I don’t want to be protected by some stranger..”

Sooyoung chuckled by the word, messing the blonde’s hairs “silly.. of course I wouldn’t let some stranger protect my dear sica..”

But jessica pouted “I’m not a baby… I don’t need to be babysit..”

“Yeah.. but you’re my baby.. right? does it mean you don’t want me to-..”

“Of course I do.. it’s an exceptional for you..” Jessica grinned childishly, both cheeks colored with slight pink tint.

Sooyoung giggled, ruffling her childish bestfriend’s hair, before pulling the latter into her embrace “go sleep.. I’m tired..”

Jessica only nodded, cuddling the taller girl more, drowning more into Sooyoung’s embrace, the safest, secure, warmth, and loving place she would always find herself longing for.. a place where she doesn’t want to stay away from.. the very same place, which make her always falling for her tall bestfriend, more..

 

Minutes passed when Jessica hear no words from her tall bestfriend, lifting her head, feeling Sooyoung’s steady breathing.

Ah.. she must be really tired..” Jessica thought, caressing the girl’s cheek.

Having a sweet loving smile on her face, Jessica let her fingers running on Sooyoung’s face “I’ve got years..” she mumbled “but I did nothing to tell you how much I’m in love with you, syoo..”

“Do you think fate played us?” she wore a sad smile “maybe its mad because I let all that chances passed right over my eyes..”

“Maybe life finally passes the chance to have you over somebody else..” Jessica mumbled weakly “even so.. I wish it could be someone who will love you more than I do..”

“Sometimes I wonder.. is that really all.. about how you see me… is it only a friend, sister..”

“I’m afraid.. that if I ever confess my feeling to you.. I afraid that I will only ruin our friendship..” Jessica mumbled weakly, sadly, her fingers running gently on her tall bestfriend cheek.

“I always think.. should I give it a try.. and put our friendship on risk? Or just stay like this, when I want more.. when I know, I need you more.. when I know, staying still like this.. hurt me like hell..”

“I want you so much, syoo.. that I want you to become mine.. and mine only..” she added, leaning closer to the tall girl, pressing her lips on Sooyoung’s, but carefully not to wake the girl up.

“And I wouldn’t let anyone to take that away from me.. syoo..” Jessica mumbled, smiling on sooyoung’s peaceful sleeping face “from us..”