I want us

You Got Me

Yoona is sitting in the hospital’s park, that small park in the hospital for patients or visitor. And there she is, crying her heart out, because she doesn’t want to take the truth, the truth that she is going to lose someone so important for her.

Never once Yoona thought that she will have feeling like this, never once she thought she is going to feel this way, it’s hurts, hurt that she wishes that this is not real.

Yoona is there to deal with her pain, that she is too numb to her surrounding that she doesn’t even hear that footsteps coming closer to her.

And when she turned around, Yoona saw Jessica is sitting there, beside her, on the bench.

“..I saw you running here, crying, while I was on my way to Sooyoung’s room..” Jessica voiced, eyes falling to the small sea of flowers. Reds, yellows, purples, and all of them in one place, each in different side. So beautiful.

“..and since I am not good with words..” Jessica said “..i will be here if you need someone to talk to..” she added “..i can stay silent if you want..”

Yoona glanced on the blonde before she shifted back to where Jessica is staring to. And they’re really in silence.

It took a moment before Yoona spoke “..it was my fault..” she mumbled “..the reason why Sooyoung is in hospital..”

Jessica turned upon Yoona’s soft whisper, letting the younger woman to continue her story.

“We’re supposed to have lunch with Yuri and Jonghyun.. Sooyoung said, we’re going to tell them that we’re married. That way, Yuri will stop going after her, and Jonghyun will stop asking me out..”

“I was late.. and when I arrive there, I saw Yuri kissed Sooyoung..” Yoona whispered “..i was so, so jealous..”

“I never dealt with that kind of feeling.. never once someone make me feel so—so small, so—so hopeless, just… so damn jealous..”

“In the past.. never once things like this happened to me..” Yoona mumbled “..i am not proud of what I’ve done.. but I used to be that person people are feeling jealous for.. feeling helpless to have..” she said softly “..and I can just dump whoever I don’t like anymore, or I just find less fun to be around..”

“I left because I don’t want to face her and Yuri.. but Sooyoung was waiting in front of my collage’s gate even if it was raining..” Yoona said “..i thought running from this feeling for a while will make me feel a little bit better..” she frowned “but I was wrong.. it was worse than ever.. and even more hurt when I know she did that because worried over me..” she added “..and I still feel that.. jealous..”

“..never once I thought that one day.. I will feel hell jealous over someone like this..” Yoona mumbled “..Sooyoung is mine..” she said softly with that obvious frown “..and I want things to stay that way.. just mine..”

Jessica escaped light chuckle over the younger woman’s word, getting Yoona’s eyes one her with her blushing face “..that’s cute..”

“Are you going to leave Sooyoung when she is less fun to be around?”

“No! of course not!!” Yoona swiftly answered, earning another light chuckle from the blonde.

“Good.. because if you do, I will make you pay..” Jessica threatened playfully.

“It is fun with Sooyoung..” Yoona said softly “but with her, I don’t feel fun only..” she added, with that, a small smile appeared on her face “..i feel filled.. like I finally found someone that make sense to my world..”

“I am fluttering every time she is just standing or sitting by my side.. I feel blood rushed all over me when she smiles at me.. I though fireworks and butterflies only happen in tales..” Yoona said, keeping a small smile when she said “it’s ridiculous, but it really happens every time when I am with her..”

“..it’s just.. when I look at her.. I can finally say ‘she is the one.. I know she is the one’..” Yoona whispered, turning to meet Jessica’s eyes as the blonde meets hers “..and for the first time in my life.. I want to spent my life with someone.. with her..”

Jessica gave another light chuckle when her eyes meet Yoona’s “God, you’re just so in love..” she mumbled, getting Yoona’s face blushed “..have you told her?”

Yoona frowned with the question “..no.. not yet..” she mumbled “..and now, her father wants to take her back to States..”

“You can’t blame uncle Choi..” Jessica said, giving a small smile “Sooyoung is his only daughter..” the blonde added “and despite all that headache and stubbornness from his only daughter, he loves that kid just too much that he is willing to do everything to make sure that she is happy..”

“Uncle Choi once moved to States, bringing his wife and his daughter because in States, Sooyoung will get better medication and the best doctor for her asthma..” Jessica smiled softly “that’s one.. and you don’t want to know more about it, trust me..” she said, giving soft giggles.

“..but still..” Yoona mumbled “even if I know that it was my fault, I don’t want Sooyoung to leave..”

“Then, what are you waiting for? Are you going to let her go?”

“I won’t..”

Jessica chuckled “you still have time..” she said “just make sure that you do it right..”

“I will..” Yoona said, giving a small smile “..it’s nice having someone to talk to..”

“Yeah..” Jessica escaped another giggle, slowly faded by Yoona’s next question.

“How about you and Tae?”

“..hmm.. we’re on a break..”

“You break up?” And Yoona is a little bit surprised.

“No, not break up..” Jessica assured, giving a small smile “..just on a break..” she said “you know, we both need this.. time to clear our mind..”

“..why? something happened?”

Jessica glanced on Yoona, when she spoke “..nothing bad.. just some trust issue..” she said, giving another reassured smile “..having a talk when we’re mad is definitely not a wise thing to do..” she added “we need space and time to think.. thinking if all this time we’re going together is still worth another turn..”

“Because I am hell sure, that we’re talking about something long here, something for a life time..” Jessica smiled “..and I don’t want either of us regret going this far..” she said “so we both need some answers, something that we’re the only one to know.. answering questions that only us able to answer..”

“And distance can make you see things you’re not able to see when you’re together..” Jessica smiled sweetly.

Yoona nodded her head lightly, what Jessica said is somehow.. not wrong.

“Where are you living now?

“Hotel..”

“..ahh..” Yoona nodded lightly “..hmm.. our house.. have a guest room..”

“..and why are you telling me that?” Jessica asked, giving a teasing smile.

“You know.. if you want to.. er.. it’s--.. umm..”

Jessica giggled when Yoona is avoiding her eyes “you doesn’t seem so sincere there..”

“No—no!!” Yoona swiftly said “it’s just-.. er..”

“Because I am on a break with Tae, you’re afraid that I will steal Sooyoung from you?”

Yoona frowned “the fact that it crossed your mind, worried me..”

Jessica laughed “you do have some jealousy issue there..” she said “I am fine in the hotel.. thanks for your concern, anyway..”

Yoona bit her lower lip nervously “..but.. if—if you need anything.. umm.. ju-just give me a call..”

“Sure..” the blonde said in between her giggle “..just what the hell Sooyoung does to you?” Jessica asked, giggling, making Yoona blushed worsened.

There were silent for a moment before Yoona asked carefully “..so.. have you had your answer?”

Jessica gave a smile, the sweetest Yoona had ever seen from the blonde “..i do..”

“You should tell her..” Yoona said "Taeyeon, i mean.."

“Yeah, just like how you should tell all you told me to Sooyoung, not me..” Jessica giggled softly “you know, we all just had some trust issues.. it’s just how we deal with them that in the end we know, that no matter what happened, things will always back to the one will love..” she said softly “love talks about one person, once person for each, and it’s enough.. it always does..”

Yoona gave a small smile when she spoke “I will talk to my dad.. i want the marriage contract off..” she said “I want her, I want Sooyoung.. and I never been this sure..”

“Glad to know..” Jessica chuckled, brows furrowed when Yoona is still sitting on the bench “what are you waiting then?”

Yoona gave another smile when she stood up, a shy smile “..oh—oh yeah.. I am going then..” she said “thanks for the talk..”

“Yeah.. yeah..” Jessica giggled, watching Yoona’s back as the latter is walking away from her.

But it was just few steps when Yoona turned back to the blonde.

“..hmm.. but what are you going to do with Sooyoung here?” Yoona asked hesitantly “I mean, I know you’re in a break with Tae, and I have no bad intention at all asking this, and I am just purely curious! I swear Jessica!!”

“You really do have a serious jealousy issue there..” Jessica giggled.

“..Jessi--..”

“I need a kiss on the temple, and a hug..” Jessica cut “a big warm hug from my bestfriend and sister..” she added “and other than that, she is all yours..”

“..is that all?” Yoona asked doubtfully.

“And a talk, a sisterly, friendly, and bestfriendly talk..” Jessica smiled sweetly.

But Yoona gave that cute suspicious look “..hmm.. are you sure?”

“Yoona!! Really!!” Jessica laughed.

“Fine! Fine!” Yoona frowned, grumbled childishly, walking away while Jessica shook her head with the childish behavior.

-----

 

“Yeah, come in..” Mr.Im said with two knocks on his office’s door “oh, Yoona..” he smiled. He looks tired, but managed to give his only daughter a smile.

“..hmm, dad.. are you busy?”

“Of course not..” he said, stand up from the swivel chair, walking to the small couch in the office’s left side, sitting there while patting the empty space beside him “come, sit here..”

Yoona comes and sits beside her father “..hmm.. how’s your work?”

Mr.Im raised his left brow “this doesn’t sound like you.. you won’t even walk into my office if I didn’t ask you..” he said playfully “..what’s the matter Yoon? Something bothering you?”

Yoona is staring on her father in doubt before she voiced hesitantly “..i.. accidentally hear your conversation with uncle Choi..” Yoona mumbled.

“..ah.. about that.. I was about to call you..” he said, giving another tired smile “..sorry about that..” but managed to give a force teasing one to his only daughter as he spoke “..so, should I feel happy for you that you finally out from the torturing marriage I arranged for you?”

Yoona went silent for a while before she meets her father’s eyes, and that’s enough to get the old man’s back on the seat in completely worn out when he hears that unexpectedly words from his only daughter.

Something he fears to happen, something he didn’t expect slip his daughter’s lips, something that never even crossed his mind.

And Yoona said it in the most confident tone she could ever gave when she spoke softly “..dad, I am in love with Sooyoung..”