Not a choice

You Got Me

“..dad, I am in love with Sooyoung..”

“..what?”

“..I don’t want her to go..” Yoona mumbled softly.

“This can’t be..” Mr.Im mumbled “I thought you opposed this marriage, Yoona..”

“I did, dad..” Yoona spoke “but not anymore..” she said “I want this contract marriage off.. I want a real one with her, with Sooyoung.. I want her more than three months..” she added with a weak smile “dad, I love her that I want to spent my life with her..”

Mr.Im surely surprised by the sweet confession from his daughter, totally surprised.

No, this is not exactly what he expected.

“You’re so angry.. and you kept bugging me to call it off..”

“But not in these past month, didn’t I?”

“Yes, but—but.. Yoona.. how could it be?” Mr.Im mumbled “you’ve been whined for almost a month, and I totally lost you for the next month.. i—I though that you’ve finally gave up, and waiting for these three months to pass..”

“I thought you hate her.. I thought you hate me for setting you up in these marriage..” Mr.Im spoke softly “I thought that—that you want this to end..”

“I thought I did..” Yoona replied as softly “but Sooyoung changed me, dad.. she changed me..”

“Yoona--..”

“Sooyoung is different.. she is someone who never see me like how other people do..” Yoona smiled sweetly, the sweetest she could do “she makes me feel safe, precious, and just loved..” she whispered “..and I know that I would be such a fool if I let her go..”

“Dad..” Yoona called “..Sooyoung is the best who I could ask for..” she said “I won’t find anyone as better as she could be..”

“…I thought you left her..” Mr.Im said “isn’t that why uncle Choi came to me all mad and furious?”

“I made mistake..” Yoona spoke “and I am going to make it right.. I won’t let Sooyoung go..”

“Dad..” Yoona called “it broke me.. and Sooyoung is the only one who can make me feel better.. she is the only one who can make me feel right.. she is the one who keep me in my right mind, and she is all that make me happy..”

“I want her dad..” Yoona mumbled softly “I want Sooyoung.. I love her..”

“This can’t be..” Mr.Im whispered to himself, standing up from the couch as he takes steps to the door.

“Dad—dad! Wait!” Yoona grabbed his father’s arm “where are you going?”

“You should’ve told me this earlier Yoona..” Mr.Im said tiredly “it’s too late.. you should’ve came earlier..” he said, but shrugging her daughter’s grip, making his way out from his office to the corridor, taking fast steps, as faster as he could.

“What do you mean? Dad—dad!!”

Yoona is running right behind his father “dad, what do you mean? Please tell me!”

“I signed it!” Mr.Im exclaimed “I already signed it!”

“What--? Dad!!”

Yoona is running, catching her breath while keeping her father’s pace.

They’re making her way along the corridor, and Mr.Im steps are getting faster and wider. And Yoona has no choice but to go along with it.

It’s a familiar corridor.

Because Yoona has been there.

Just that morning.

Mr.Im opened one of the ward’s door, swiftly making his way inside, and Yoona stepped inside just seconds after.

“Dad, what did you—?” but Yoona’s word cut when she stared blankly on the empty room.

It’s Sooyoung’s room.. the room which supposed to be Sooyoung’s.

“..i signed the permission to get her out from the hospital..” he mumbled, before slowly turned to face his daughter.

“He came to my office, all mad and furious.. he asked me to sign the permission to get her daughter out from the hospital, Yoona..” Mr.Im mumbled sadly “..i am so sorry..”

“..no way..” Yoona mumbled “I need to find her..”

Yoona was about to take another step when her father grabbed her arm “where are you going?”

“Their house.. Sooyoung must been there..” she mumbled “dad, i--..”

“Yoona.. by this time..” Mr.Im mumbled, staring at his daughter sadly, and it scared the hell out of Yoona. And Yoona doesn’t like what will come. She definitely doesn’t “..by this time.. they must’ve been already in their way to the airport..”

-----

 

“..mom, am I okay to get out from the hospital already?” Sooyoung asked.

“Yes, dear..” Mrs.Choi caressed her daughter’s cheek “Dr.Im already signed the permission..” she smiled “you’re fine to get home..”

“Ah..” Sooyoung nodded lightly, glancing over his father on the passenger seat, and the chauffeur on the driver’s seat. Something wrong.

“Are we in a hurry?” Sooyoung asked.

“..hmm.. we just thought that since you’ll okay to get home.. getting home rest will be better for you..” Mrs.Choi answered.

“I am hungry..” Sooyoung frowned “I haven’t even ate before..” she said “so, so hungry..”

Mrs.Choi chuckled softly “we will eat later..” she spoke “why? do you like it better in the hospital?”

And something is obviously not right. Sooyoung can’t even stop glancing over her father who is looking all stiff and—the man is obviously seems mad, making her wondering if she has done something bad..

No joke, no playful conversation. That’s it. Something is wrong, and Sooyoung needs to know what is it.

“..hmm.. no, of course not..” Sooyoung answered hesitantly “..just..”

“Hmm?”

“Mom, can I have my phone?”

“Why? do you need to call someone?”

“..umm.. yeah.. I need to tell Yoona..” Sooyoung whispered, followed by a frown “..why she is not in the hospital? Doesn’t she know that I am in the hospital? Didn’t she call--..”

“Stop looking for her..” Mr.Choi cut firmly.

Sooyoung’s frown deepened “..she is my wife..”

“Just call it off..” he said, not sparing glance to the back seat “I will take care of it..”

“What? why? did something happen between you and uncle Im?”

“She is not someone for you.. she is not even good enough for you..”

“She is better than anyone could be..” Sooyoung replied immediately.

“Do you think I didn’t know her record?” Mr.Choi turned, staring on his daughter “she dated and dumped whoever she would like too..she was thrilled and she was bored in a matter of time.. she is not even close of what could you say good..”

“She is my wife! don’t talk about her like that!” Sooyoung unintentionally raised her voice “dad..” she called weakly after realizing her yell “..i love her.. I love Yoona..”

“Not anymore..” he said “you will forget about her just by time..” he added “you just need to stay away from her for a little while..”

“But I don’t want to..” Sooyoung stubbornly fought back.

“You came home crying!! all drenched and said nothing!!” Mr.Choi said “and you fainted!!” he added “what have you been thinking, Soo!! This never happened before!!”

“It was my fault, dad.. it was my fault..”

“What?! because you’re playing under the rain and forgot for a while that you have asthma history?!”

“I was being stupid..” Sooyoung said desperately “and it obviously has nothing to do with her..”

“I don’t want any of that anymore..” he said.

“But, dad—..”

“..we’re done here..” Mr.Choi cut.

“What? what do you mean?” Sooyoung asked in confusion, turning to her side to meet her mother’s worried expression “mom, tell me what’s going on?”

“We’re leaving..” Mr.Choi said.

“Wha—what? where?” Sooyoung mumbled, looking out through the window, and it took second when her eyes widened in fear, anxiousness, and worried as she turned to her mother “…no... tell me that we’re not going to the airport..”

But all Sooyoung sees is her mother’s apologetic look.

“No.. you can’t do this to me..” Sooyoung mumbled wearily “..dad.. don’t do this.. please..”

But her father kept his firm look when he spoke “Sooyoung.. we’re going back to States..”