Never understood

You Got Me

A good dream is enough to get Taeyeon one of the best mornings she could have. Well, that and a sight of her sleeping girlfriend in her arms.

A smile appeared on her face when she saw Jessica is still sleeping calmly with a tight hug around her waist. Just what a sleepyhead girlfriend she has. But a beautiful and hot one. And sweet. Adorable. And all that words can’t express.

Taeyeon is happy, she is beyond happy.

Taeyeon tightened her arms in around Jessica’s shoulder, but of course the blonde is still sleeping undisturbed, only cuddling closer instead, making Taeyeon escaped soft chuckles by her cute girlfriend’s gesture.

Taeyeon lifter her hand, caressing Jessica’s cheek gently while brushing strand of hairs from Jessica’s face which prevent her to have a full sight of her girlfriend’s sleeping face.

And really she must be so lucky to have Jessica.. so damn lucky..

Taeyeon leaned closer, pressing her lips on Jessica’s cheek, to the blonde lips and move the jaw after. But Jessica is still sleeping.

It was when Taeyeon moves her lips to Jessica’s neck that the blonde moved slightly giving a soft hummed, but still sleeping anyway.

Taeyeon escaped another giggled, pulling out before she lost her self control. It’s not good. She is being patient. And maybe it’s not her fault if she is going further because Jessica is getting harder to handle.

It’s just pretty amazing that Taeyeon managed to hold on with everytime she can’t get her girlfriend out from her mind. And with Jessica by her side. That’s just so damn hard, and maybe Taeyeon is the only person who know how torturingly sweet that is. But it’s definitely worth it. It is.

But she is that patient, and she has respect on Jessica. This is their relationship, things will only work when they both are in it. So she is waiting, waiting patiently for a yes from her girlfriend.

And if the day has come, Taeyeon won’t be struggling with all that erted mind of hers anymore.

Another soft chuckle escaped her lips by the thought. She is so lucky, and beyond happy that she wants this to stay forever. She wants Jessica for a lifetime, and another time, and another.

And because of that some failed attempts to get her girlfriend to open her tired eyes even if sure they only have a sweet talk last night, and kisses, and cuddling, and really, maybe just make out in between. But yeah, Jessica doesn’t seem like she was about to wake up anytime soon, Taeyeon finally gave up in waking up the blonde, and climbed down from bed instead. A special breakfast is all in her mind.

Taeyeon planned to talk today. She is going to talk to Jessica about what her mother did, getting herself ready with whatever answer Jessica may give. She is ready.

Well, maybe just to lessen her nervousness and her anxiousness that she tried to make something before it.

And a special breakfast it is, for her sleepyhead girlfriend, in bed, how fun and romantic it could be.

With a small smile on her face, Taeyeon carefully walked out from her room going to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for her girlfriend. Well, she is only planning to make for Jessica, not the entire house anyway. A special breakfast just for a special woman, her woman.

Taeyeon was in the middle of her busy attempt to make a special morning for her girlfriend when she hears steps coming from the door behind her.

A small smile appeared on her face, thinking that her girlfriend finally wake up and wanted to join her, but turning her head, Taeyeon greeted by the sight of her mother in a worried look, with that, Taeyeon’s smile faded.

No, she doesn’t hate the old lady. She knows her mother loves her so much to the point that she did that for her. But she just doesn’t like the way her mother handling things.

She hates to know that she ruined something that could last forever. That if Jessica found this and getting mad at her, that if she ruined a chance for the woman she loves in getting her happily ever after, that if in the end, she broke the love of her life’s heart.

Taeyeon sighed before she fixed her gaze back to the breakfast she is currently preparing, doesn’t really feel like making a conversation.

“..Tae..” Mrs.Kim called softly “..are you still mad?”

“What do you think mom?” Taeyeon answered coldly, washing her hand before she turned to her mother.

“I was doing that for you, Tae..” Mrs.Kim whispered softly, obviously hurt by her daughter’s coldness.

“No” Taeyeon replied right away “you would ask me if you really did..” she said coldly “you would know if this will hurt me.. and the person I love..”

“Tae--..”

“You broke them when they had a chance to live happily together, mom!”

“I’m sorry--..”

“Sorry won’t chance anything.. Soory won’t change the fact that you hurt them..”

“..i’m sorry.. I thought I was doing the right thing..” Mrs.Kim said “..but I was hurting anyone..” she added “I know I don’t deserve to be forgiven.. but I’m really sorry.. and I will apologize to Sooyoung..”

“For what? because you threatened her to stay away from someone she loves? And in the end she has no choice but to get into that arrange married?” Taeyeon snapped “how angry Jessica would be if she find this out?!”

“Tae, Jessica--…”

“Don’t talk about this anymore..” Taeyeon said angrily “mom, you don’t know what you’re doing.. and you’re apologizing just because I am mad, not because you know what you did is wrong!”

Taeyeon’s breath running hard, she is not in the mood to continue the breakfast anymore.

Taking off the apron, Taeyeon throw it on the table before she walked out from the kitchen, but there she is, standing in the door step with her eyes widened in fear, frozen, when she saw the familiar blonde there.

“..Si-sica?”

-----

 

“..you seems tired..” Sooyoung gave a naughty sweet smile while her eyes fixed on her wife’s, sitting on the driver seat with her body slightly facing the younger woman.

“No—no, I am not..” Yoona blushed, earning soft chuckles from her naughty wife, sitting with her body slightly face Sooyoung’s as well.

Sooyoung has her hand on Yoona’s, fingers intertwined, playing with Yoona’s hand, and Yoona doesn’t mind that, obviously now.

“Really?” Sooyoung asked with the same expression.

“Ya-yah! I am not the only one who stayed the night!”

Sooyoung giggled “but I am used to this, I usually stay the night for work if you forget..” she added teasingly.

“How could you say that proudly..” Yoona frowned, leaning closer as she pressed her lips on Sooyoung’s which the taller one gladly responded right away “you’re not allowed to do that anymore..”

“Says the one who asked me to stay up the night..” Sooyoung chuckled in between their lingered lips.

“..that—that’s different!” Yoona’s face reddened.

“So that now I am only allowed to stay the night when you’re around?” Sooyoung smiled mischievously.

“Of—of course!”

“And for what exactly?”

“Soo!” Yoona whined “sto-stop teasing!”

“Fine.. fine..” Sooyoung said in between her giggles, not letting their lips parted anyway, and so does Yoona.

“Are you not going inside now?” Sooyoung asked after another kiss. They’re still inside the car, in Yoona’s college parking lot.

“..i don’t feel like it..” Yoona frowned.

“Do you love staying by my side that much?” Sooyoung teased.

“Ca-can’t I?”

Sooyoung giggled, and another kiss “seriously, how could I keep up with you? you’re going to kill me with a heart attack some day..”

“You’re going to stay by my side forever..”

“Sure.. as long as you love me to..” Sooyoung giggled “..so, I will see you for lunch?”

“Hmm..” Yoona hummed, reducing the gap in between them again, lingering their lips as Sooyoung is talking.

“..mm.. let’s just have our lunch meeting in the café across your college..” Sooyoung added, letting Yoona taking some time for kisses “..i will call Yuri, and I will wait you there, okay?”

“..hmm..okay.. I will bring Jonghyun, I already texted him…”

“..okay..” Sooyoung chuckled, pressing their lips, this time taking into a hard deep kiss “come on babe.. you need to get inside in 10 minutes..” she said, chuckling “besides, I don’t think I can hold on any longer if you are being this sweet..”

“Text me if you’re already there…”

“Sure…” Sooyoung grinned “bye babe, have a nice day..” she said when Yoona landed another kiss before going out from the car “..don’t forget to daydreaming about us..” she added, making Yoona blushing but giving a shy smile along.

-----

 

It took Yoona every little bits of her for not to falling asleep in her boring class. Really, even in the end she failed to do so as she is falling right on her table. But the lecturer could care less. All the typical teacher who is only being there to teach despite all of the students only being there to avoid suspension or drop out.

And it’s just the last one hour when Yoona rested her head on the table, but falling asleep for a while, and she even doesn’t aware of that countless miscalls and texts from her wife.

Yoona opened her eyes with a sight of a smiling man by her side.

“..Jonghyun?”

“Ah, you’re awake?” Jonghyun grinned.

“What time—oh God!” Yoona startled when she saw her watch. She is half an hour late. Sooyoung must have been waiting her in the café across her college now. Good to say, she only needs 10 to 15 minutes to get there.

“Why don’t you wake me up?!” Yoona asked, hurriedly packing her things.

“..i thought that you’re not in a hurry..” he replied confusedly “are you?”

“Yes! I promised someone to have lunch together!”

“Someone? Didn’t you ask me for lunch today?”

“Yes, I want to introduce you to someone..” Yoona managed to give a smile, a big grin instead, something that Jonghyun just see after knowing the woman for years “someone so important for me..”

“Boyfriend?”

“Better..” Yoona replied immediately.

“So, I stand no chance?”

“Jonghyun--..”

“I know, you already told me.. this is your way to tell me to back up already..” Jonghyun cut, seeing Yoona finished packing, he added “let’s meeting this important person of yours..”

 

Sooyoung is already waiting since almost an hour ago, but Yoona hasn’t show up yet.

Sooyoung is frowning and pouting while staring at her phone, enough to make Yuri teases her.

“That’s tempting..” Yuri said, sitting just by Sooyoung’s side, it’s a square table with one chair on each side. Yuri is sitting with her elbow on the table, chin rested on her palm with eyes fixed greatly on Sooyoung’s.

“What’s tempting?” Sooyoung asked, finally meeting Yuri’s eyes.

“If you want me to stop gazing at your lips, you might want to stop pouting..” Yuri gave a naughty smile “it’s to distracting that I want to kiss you..”

Sooyoung got slightly red from it as she replied “..seriously, we’re going to meet my wife.. don’t do that when she is here..”

“Does it mean I can do that when she is not around..”

“Yuri--..”

“Okay..” Yuri cut “no flirting, I get it..” she said “but she is still not here, are you sure that you’re not fooling around?”

“She is going to come..”

“Yeah, and as long as I haven’t see her, I still allowed to flirt..” Yuri said.

“Yah, I am really married..”

Yuri wore a soft smile, staring at Sooyoung’s side façade who is now busy with her phone again. She is going to lose this. The moment Sooyoung’s wife really shows up, Yuri knows that she has no choice but to give up on the tall brunette, that’s why she spoke “..can you do me a favor?”

“What favor?”

“Something for the last time before I meet your wife..”

“Like what?” Sooyoung’s brows furrowed “I am not going to cheat on my wife..”

“I promised that this will be the last..” Yuri said “..after this, after I meet your wife, I promised not to be overly friendly anymore..”

“Yuri, what is that--..”

But before Sooyoung can finish her question. She already got Yuri’s lips on hers. The tanned woman is kissing her.

Sooyoung is even too surprised to know what’s going on. Sooyoung’s eyes widened and it’s when Yuri nibbling her lower lips that she pulled out.

In the short distance between them, Sooyoung is staring at the lawyer in disbelief and completely stunned “..wha-what the hell?”

“It’s a good bye kiss..” Yuri said, giving a small smile to answer Sooyoung’s shocked expression “even if I am not satisfied because you didn’t respond..” she shrugged.

“Ya-yah!” Sooyoung’s face reddened “what if my wife sees you!”

“If she loves you, she will believe you..” Yuri giggled over Sooyoung’s blushing face “..besides, she is not here.. and  you didn’t even respond anyway..” she frowned “..you haven’t do my favor..”

“Ya-yah! Ask something more nicely!”

“Fine. Fine..” Yuri chuckled “..let me pass this once..” she said “..i told you, it will be our first and our last..” she smiled softly “..a friendly and good bye kiss..”

“Tch, friendly..” Sooyoung mumbled.

“What?” Yuri laughed “do you want to redoing it to leave a better impression?”

“Ya-yah! Don’t you dare!”

“So, am I forgiven?”

“Just—just don’t do that again!”

“Okay..” Yuri giggled “okay..”

 

Yoona is running. She really is. She is already half an hour late, and she doesn’t want to spent another second to miss a chance to meet her wife, to stay by the brunette’s side. She is so worried by Sooyoung’s countless miscalls and text. All she hope is for Sooyoung to stay, not to leave.

“..are you really in that hurry?” Jonghyun run along, shaking her head in disbelief. How important that person must be.

“Yes, I am..” Yoona replied shortly, manage to get in front of the café across her college earlier than she thought.

Yoona’s eyes shining bright that all the tiredness and sleepiness disappeared the moment she saw the back of her wife’s from the glass window.

A smile appeared on her face when she knows exactly the familiar tall woman from the back, but it soon disappeared the moment she saw Yuri is sitting just beside her wife.

And she hates the way Yuri is staring at her wife. A lot. The frown gets deeper by the thought of her wife spending half an hour with Yuri along. And she hates it even more.

And she doesn’t want to waste another second for her wife to spend more time with the lawyer, that Yoona quickly made her way to the glass door.

Yoona was about to step inside the door, with Jonghyun behind.

But Yoona was frozen the moment she saw Yuri leaned closed and kissing her wife. Yoona bit her lower lip in anger, her hand fisted on the glass door grip, turning right away to get it out from her sight.

“..hey, are you not going inside?” Jonghyun asked confusedly.

With her teeth gritted tightly, Yoona said nothing, walking passed Jonghyun, further from the café, making the confused man running after her hurriedly still in confuse.

“Hey! Yoona?!”

And she left. Yoona left. No lunch, no meeting, no talk.

Yoona is too stubborn and too prideful to step inside.

It hurt her to see someone kissed her wife. And jealousy is enough to blind her from anything.

Enough to make her to walk away from something she should face..

And instead of stepping inside to claim what’s hers, Yoona left..

She left…

 

 

In the end, they never learned.

That it took something more than what she thought to keep a relationship working..

Something like trust and understanding..

And keeping the truth from someone you love is never been a good way to built it all, nor jealousy and leaving without explanation..

But sometimes, people are just never understood..