Guilt, pain, and anger

You Got Me

Yoona is pacing back and forth in her bedroom, their bedroom in their house, her house with Sooyoung. And up to this moment, the tall brunette hasn’t home yet. She is so damn worried and she is done crying, and the only reason for it only because after hours of it, she can’t shed any tears anymore.

But her heart still shattered. And it will still be before she meets the only one who can make it a whole again.

How come she is being so stupid while leaving her lunch and spent it with someone who she obviously knows that never failed to make her wife jealous.

And how come she is being, again, so, so stupid with no words when her wife was obviously burned in jealousy with the sight of her and the tall man.

So stupid..

But no matter Yoona scolded herself, her wife still didn’t picked up her phone, and leaving her there, throwing her phone on the bed in anger, worried, upset and all of it after countless attempts to call her wife, while being totally helpless.

It’s late at night but Sooyoung hasn’t home yet. And Sooyoung never, never ever once doing this.

Yoona sits on the floor, legs bended with knee on her chest, wrapping her arms around it before sobbing quietly.

She messed up. And she hates it knowing that she could do nothing by the moment.

Yoona feels so hopeless, but she can do nothing. Nothing when her wife currently not answering her calls, not when her wife doesn’t text a word or so, not when by the moment, her wife is still somewhere out there without her knowing.

But it was a moment before her phone ring. Enough to startle her, Yoona swiftly stood up, looking at the screen only to find her wife’s name, and she doesn’t wait to answer the call.

“Soo?!”

“..umm.. Yoona?” and Yoona’s heart dropped when she heard the voice. It’s not that she doesn’t like her mother in law’s voice, but at the moment, she needs to hear Sooyoung’s voice more.

“..ye-yes, mm.. mo-mom?”

The lady gave soft chuckle from the other line “..it sounds sweet when I heard it from you.. glad that you finally decided to call me that..” she said “..and umm..” Sooyoung’s mom paused for a while before she added “..about Sooyoung.. she is in the hospital right now.. your dad’s hospital..”

Yoona’s eyes widened, heart running fast in worries “..wha-what?!”

“But, hey, she is okay..” Mrs.Choi swiftly added, not wanting to make the young woman worried so much “..she went home just a moment before.. and she fainted just right when she was home..” Mrs.Choi spoke “..and don’t worry, it’s her fault.. she was playing under the rain, and she got an asthma attack, fainted..” she said “..but the doctor said that she will be okay..”

Yoona bit her lower lip, maybe because part of it feeling guilty.

“So, Yoona.. it’s late, so you can take a rest if you want to, and coming by the next morning..” Mrs.Choi said “I’ll be here to--..”

“..I—I will be there now..”

Mrs.Choi gave another soft chuckle “okay.. I’ll be waiting.. be careful, okay?”

“..ye-yes, mo-mom..”

-----

 

Yoona is sitting on left side of the bed, holding Sooyoung’s left hand with her right on her tight, and her left hand is on Sooyoung’s cheek, caressing Sooyoung’s pale and warm cheek.

It was a long and tired night. Yoona doesn’t even have time for sleep. She is worried no matter how many times Mrs.Choi said that the tall brunette is okay.

And Sooyoung’s mom kindly went home last night, leaving Yoona to take care for her wife instead.

Yoona frowned, feeling guilty “..we will talk after you wake up, okay?” she whispered, lifting Sooyoung’s hand to kiss the back of it “we will..”

The door cracked open, and a tanned woman walked inside the room with a bouquet of flowers.

“..oh, hey..” Yuri greeted, walking closer to Sooyoung’s bed, the other side where Yoona doesn’t sit, putting the bouquet on the side table “..how is she?”

“..fine..” Yoona spoke, actually doesn’t really like the presence of the lawyer inside the room “..may I know how you figure out that she is in the hospital?”

And of course the smart lawyer can sense Yoona’s not so warm greeting “..oh, I had lunch with her yesterday.. and she insisted to wait somewhere in front of the university’s gate after to wait for someone..” she explained “I offered to company, but she rejected, so I went home..”

“It was raining hard yesterday, and I called her countless time to make sure she was home since then and her mother answered her phone this morning saying that she was in the hospital..” Yuri narrated “I was worried, so yeah.. I am visiting..”

“..hmm..” Yoona nodded slightly, eyes fixed on Sooyoung after a glance on the lawyer.

“..you seem so worried for a cousin..” Yuri spoke, eyeing the tall woman who is sure can’t get her eyes off of the still sleeping women.

“..i am her wife…” Yoona voiced, no, she is not going to let things get worse.

“..ah.. I see…”

Yoona’s left brow raised, shifting her eyes to the lawyer “you doesn’t seem surprised yourself..”

“Well..” Yuri sighed, giving a small smile “I had this bad feeling when she told me that we’re going to have lunch across this college.. telling me that this time, that she was going to bring her wife for sure..” she said “..and it’s worse when she said that she was going to wait there in front of the gate because her wife studies there, when her wife didn’t show up in our lunch..”

“..Yoona.. I saw your student ID card when we were in the police office back then..” Yuri continued, giving a small smile “..the moment Sooyoung insisted to wait in front of the gate for her special someone..” she added “I knew it was you she was going to introduce to me as her wife..”

“Too bad you’re not coming..” Yuri said “we’re waiting for hours.. and Sooyoung waited a lot more after I went home..”

“You should’ve at last called her if you can’t come..” Yuri gave a soft chuckle “you know, she was so worried that she hold her phone wherever she went, and she can’t stop staring at that thing..”

And it makes Yoona even more guilty.

“..why? something comes up?”

“..i saw you kissed..”

Yuri’s smile faded when she heard Yoona’s word “..you were there?”

“...hmm.. I was standing in front of the glass door.. but the moment I saw you both kissed, I thought I didn’t want to be there anymore..”

Yuri heaved a sigh “..sorry..” she said sincerely “I was the one who kissed her..” she continued, enough to make Yoona’s eyes fall on her “..not that I proud after knowing that I just caused something bad between you and your wife..” she added “..she was a little bit upset and mad when I kissed her..”

And it hurts Yoona more. She should’ve listened.

“..but I told her that it will be the last time I was making a move on her..” Yuri said “..so, she let me go..” Yuri gave a soft chuckle “maybe because she pitied me..” she said “..Sooyoung is a really, really good woman..”

“She is..” Yoona mumbled.

“But yeah.. I am really sorry, Yoona.. I mean nothing bad on that..” Yuri apologized “..i’m really sorry..”

“..sure.. I can understand that..” Yoona said, giving a small smile “..but, please make sure to not let that happen again.. you know..” Yoona shrugged as she joked “..jealousy issue..”

Yuri chuckled “I can see that..” before it turned to a soft teasing smile “I can try.. even if I am sure if whatever you want to sue me that you won’t stand a chance of winning..” she said “..i am a lawyer..”

Yoona escaped soft chuckles “..really, I feel bad that we are meeting like this..” she said “but nice to meet you..”

“Yeah, you too..” Yuri smiled “..and, I think I am late for work already..” she said “so, I will leaving now..”

“Yeah, sure.. thanks for visiting..”

“And please..” yuri grinned “make sure you take care of her before someone get in between..”

“I won’t let that happen..” Yoona smiled back “I won’t..” she added, before the smiling lawyer disappeared out from the room.

Yoona is watching Sooyoung sleeping, leaning closer to press her lips on Sooyoung’s. she stops right there, feeling Sooyoung’s lips before she pulled out “..mm.. ba-babe..” Yoona cleared out of embarrassment, even if Sooyoung is still sleeping, she can’t help but her face grew hotter, and her heart running wild.

Gosh, it is just a sweet calling. And she is going crazy.

“..i am going to meet dad for a while, okay?” Yoona smile softly “..i’ll be back..” she said, before walking out from the room.

-----

 

Yoona is walking though the hospital corridor, walking to her father’s office. She wants to talk to her father. A lot of things, really a lot.

“..how the hell this happened!!”

Yoona stop right in front of her father’s office’s door. It was not her father’s voice, so she concluded that her father has a guest right now.

Yoona was about to leave, thinking to come back later, but what comes after enough to make her stay.

It was when the voice said “My daughter is fainted!! And she is in the hospital!! What the hell did your daughter do to my daughter!!”

It’s Sooyoung’s dad voice, it obviously does.

“Calm down, please.. we won’t be able to talk it out if you’re yell--..”

“Don’t tell me to calm down!! It was not your daughter in the hospital bed!!”

“It doesn’t mean that Yoona did something--..”

“Sooyoung went home crying last night!!”

Yoona bit her lower lip, she is in the verge of tears “Sooyoung was crying because of her?”

“She was drenched in rain!! Crying!! Do you think I will believe it if she told me that she was playing under the rain?!!” Mr.Choi said.

“Please, calm down--..”

“Three months!! And you said nothing will happen in these three months!! Look what happened now!!”

“That’s not it.. we can talk--..”

“We don’t need talk..” Mr.Choi said firmly. Anger is obviously thrown in between his words.

“Look.. let’s talk with them.. and--..”

“No, that’s it..” Mr.Choi said sternly “we’re done here..”

And it scared the hell out of Yoona. And she hasn’t even healed yet that she has to deal with some painful and ugly truth to step on her shattered heart.

That’s when Mr.Choi said in between his gritted teeth “..i am taking Sooyoung back to States..”