Being a part of the big family

You Got Me

“There you are,

My biggest mistake...

Or you could just be,

My perfect disaster…”

 

“Mommm!” a certain tall girl whined “do I really have to attend this dinner thing?” she asked for almost the 5th time in the car.

“Sweetie.. I already told you that this is family dinner..” mrs.im voiced gently, turning her head slightly to the back to take a look at the whiny girl “of course you should be there..”

“But.. momm!!”

“Yoona..” mr.im said firmly “can you stop being whiny?” he took a quick glance over her only daughter from the front mirror, her only spoiled daughter “you’re 21..”

“Urghh..” the tall girl groaned, rolling her eyes on her father’s comment “it should only filled with elder people..” she mumbled “it must be so boring..”

“The kim’s daughter will be there..” mrs.im said “hyoyeon will come..”

“Ahh.. really? is seohyun coming to?” yoona asked, slightly interested, mentioning her short bestfriend’s girlfriends.

“Ahh, I thought she said, she will bring seo too..” mrs.im said, trying to remind her conversation with mrs.kim earlier.

Yoona let out a relieving sigh “well.. at least I can have someone to talk too..” she said, thinking to have a interesting conversation with her childhood friend, who is still her bestfriend until now, so does the latter’s girlfriend, who she met around two years ago.

“And ahh!! They said, taeyeon is coming too..” mrs.im added.

“Really?!” yoona moved to the center of the backseat “you mean taeyeon-that taeng, right? kim taeyeon?”

Mrs.im chuckled “yeah, honey.. who else? the kim’s only have two daughters..”

“But.. I thought taeng is in states? Umm.. since three years ago, right?” yoona voiced “staying for college?”

“Yeah.. but she is coming home for holiday..” mrs.im answered “long holiday..”

“Tch..” yoona scoffed “how dare that shorty didn’t say a word about that..” she said, mumbling words, making both her parents shaking their head silently.

The two elders taking a quick glance to each other, changing a meaningful look, wearing a rather weird smile, but go unseen by their only daughter who is busy staring at the busy street through the window.

 

It took another fifteen minutes before the im’s arrived at the family restaurant where they often go for their family’s gathering, with the kim’s mostly.

Having her head slightly raised, yoona walking leisurely behind her parents, not bother seeing either side. They are making their way to the VIP room, when a waitress who brings two glasses of ice teas on a tray, walking in a rush to their way.

Unfortunately, the waitress carelessly bump into the young tall girl, even though she managed to balanced the two glass for not to fall, the ice tea spilled slightly on the young girl’s blouse.

And what a day for the poor waitress..

She made a quite sloppy mistake, which surely not a really big thing, but taken seriously over the young girl..

Im yoona..

 

“Yahh!!” the young girl snapped “what the hell!!” she rolled her eyes, both hands on her waist, glancing over the brown stain on her blouse, her white blouse.

“Do you know how much this blouse cost?!!” she yelled slightly, pretty much attract attention from the other costumers.

“..i-I’m r-really s-ssrorry.. m-miss…” the poor waitress had her head low, so much in guilt, worry, frightened, and most of it, embarrassed.

“Do you think saying sorry will get this clean in an instant?!!” yoona glared “can you even pay for this?!”

“..I-I’m re-really ss-sorry, miss..”

“Seriously!! Can you even work properly!! Why the hell did they hired you in the first place!! Just what-…”

“Yoona..” mr.im stern voice cut the little scene, making the tall brunette staring at him “that’s enough..” he said “she is sorry..”

“But, dad!! She-..”

“It’s just a small mistake, yoona..” mr.im said “come on.. I can’t be late.. I have a really important friends to meet..” he said, before continuing their walk to the VIP room, mrs.im just sighed before joined her husband.

Yoona shot the poor waitress a final glare, before following her parents, using some wet tissues to wipe the stain away, finally making the waitress sighed in relieved. If not for mr.im, she must be already fired.

 

The three figures stop in front of a door, opening them immediately, before taking another step inside. Yoona eyed the room curiously, trying to figure out the important friends her father mentioned earlier.

“Hey.. sorry.. we’re late..” mr.im said “we got some trouble downstairs..” he added, taking a quick glance over her daughter, making the young girl rolled her eyes.

Yoona’s eyes scanning the quite large room, and stop when she recognize some familiar figures, while mr. and mrs. Im already walking closer to the big square table, greeting the kim’s and there are two others elders, which yoona sure that she had saw them somewhere before.

Other than that, she saw her short bestfriend, hyoyeon sitting side by side with seohyun, her girlfriend, and just like how her mother told her, there is taeyeon, sitting beside her sister. And yoona brows creased, seeing two unfamiliar figures there.

A tall girl who is sitting across taeyeon, and a blonde girl who is sitting beside the tall brunette, on the end of the row.

Flashing a small smile, along with a small bow to the elders, yoona made her way to the only vacant seat there, beside her childhood friend, taeyeon.

While waiting for their food to be served, the elders already drowning into their small chat, yoona eyed her short bestfriend.

“Yah!” she scolded the short latter softly “why didn’t you told me that you’re coming back?”

The latter being asked, grinned “it’s supposed to be a surprised…”

Yoona scoffed “you, seriously-..” sighing afterwards.

Yoona turned slightly, eyeing two figures who are sitting across her, seeing how the tall brunette talking with the blonde softly, and a slight pink tint which appeared on both the blonde’s cheek by the tall girl’s gentle gesture when tucking few strands of the blonde’s hair behind her ear, which is surely seems oblivious by the tall brunette.

Taeyeon, who has her eyes on the two figures, seeing the little scene, instantly losing the smile on her face, her heart dropped t the sight, because even though she knows that sooyoung doesn’t take such gesture for something more than a bestfriend act or a sisterly love, but the blonde surely sees it as more than that.

Feeling an eye on her, the tall brunette turned slightly, meeting her eyes with yoona, flashing a sweet smile, and for a moment, yoona felt a weird warmth feeling crept inside her chest.

A familiar yet in the same time, a really strange feeling..

 

Yoona was about to ask the brunette’s name, when her father’s voice beat it to it.

“Yoona..” her father called “you might already forget... it’s been more than 10 years already..” he added “but.. this is uncle and aunt choi..” he smiled, taking a glance at both the other figures who have the same warm smile on their face.

“Ah..” yoona smiled back “nice to meet you uncle and aunt choi..” yoona politely greeted the elders.

“Nice to meet you too..” mrs.choi said “it’s been years, and now, you’ve grown all tall and beautiful..” she said “you must have caused a lot of broken heart with that..”

Letting out a soft chuckle, the young girl suddenly realized “uncle and aunt choi.. wait.. that mean..”

“And have you still remember her?” the old lady patted the tall girl’s shoulder “she is your childhood friend, sooyoung..”

Sooyoung..

The tall brunette, flashing another sweet smile “hey.. long time no see..”

“..Yeah.. hi..” yoona said, doesn’t really care, for she doesn’t really have a lot of memories about it to recall.

The only memories that left on her mind are how the tall girl accidentally stole her first kiss..

And about how she disappeared the day after..

“And that’s jessica..” mrs.choi added “she is sooyoung’s friend..” the old lady explained, while jessica giving a small smile “she is here for holiday too.. and looking after her parent's company in korea.."

“Ah.. hi..” yoona greeted, giving a small smile which faded in another second.

“And.. actually..” mr.im suddenly said “we’re all here because I need to announce a big news..” he said, paused for a while, taking a glance over the other elders.

Mr.choi gave a small smile, signaling his bestfriend to continue his talk.

“I have talk to choi’s family about this..” mr.im added “and we all decided to be a big family..” he said, and all he does is praying, so her daughter won’t flip the table in front of them.

Mr.im took another glance over her wife, and the old lady gave her the encouragement to go on, telling him to say whatever they’ve decided for their daughter on their talk with the choi’s few months ago, knowing that this should be the best for the young tall girl, only for the sake of their only spoiled daughter.

Using the fact that they had helped the tall brunette of choi’s years ago, and knowing that sooyoung definitely wouldn’t reject their request, surely giving them such a chance to ask the help of the young choi.

They’ve talk to the tall brunette, and as expected, the tall brunette giving in, even without the im’s bringing back what they had done for the girl..

The favor they asked sooyoung to do..

And using what they can as an excuse..

On their only spoiled daughter..

“Which is why…” mr.im added, clearing his throat, taking a quick glance over her daughter “yoona.. you will get married..” he added, ignoring yoona’s surprised look “with choi sooyoung..”

The marriage..