A friendly dinner date

You Got Me

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Yuri asked, her brows creased in worry.

Sooyoung gave a soft reassuring chuckles “and for the fifth times miss Kwon.. yes, I’m okay..”

“But you look pale..” Yuri replied, they’re walking in a big hotel after Yuri handed her car keys to the valet boys, obviously a really well-known one, the best hotel in town that provided the best seafood.

They stopped in front of the lift which supposed to get them to the highest level where the restaurant is. Yuri turned to Sooyoung, holding the brunette’s arm to make Sooyoung face her as well.

In confused, Sooyoung turned around “..wha-..”

But her words stopped when she feels Yuri hands on her face, cupping both her cheeks. She is blushing slightly, either from the obvious skin ship from the lawyer or maybe just from the fever.

“And warm..” Yuri said, oblivious about Sooyoung’s blush “I can drive you home now if you don’t feel well..”

Gently, Sooyoung hold both Yuri’s wrist to pull them from her face, giving another teasing smile as she spoke “do you want me to go home that bad?” she joked “already changed your mind for free food?”

And it’s either from Sooyoung’s heat or from the latter’s words, Yuri feels a sudden warmth creep from her face to all over her body, and she likes that feeling.

They stepped on the lift, when Yuri said “do I make it not obvious enough?”

“Hmm?”

Yuri turned and face Sooyoung before she spoke “I’m not into the food..” she said “I’m more into you..”

Sooyoung let out a soft chuckle “are you usually this honest?”

“Well..” Yuri shrugged, giving a flirty smile “if I can get your attention.. then yes..” she added while walking out from the lift, greeted by a young waitress and immediately walking along to show their table, seems like Yuri already do a reservation. And the lawyer is sure well-known here.

They sit on a reservation’s table near the window where Seoul can come on full sight, and by the beauty of that colorful view of Seoul in night, Yuri is doing a really good job to create such a romantic dinner date.

Yuri nodded her head to the waitress, which the waitress took as a sign to start serving their dinner. And Sooyoung concluded that Yuri is really well prepared.

“You seems to prepare a lot..” Sooyoung said, giving a small smile while waiting their first meal for the night.

“I need a perfect dinner date for the perfect woman..” Yuri smiled, leaning closer, elbow on the table to support her chin, make it easier for her eyes not leaving Sooyoung even a second.

“Well.. from my point of view..” Sooyoung mirrored the smile before she added “it’s either you’re well-informed.. or experienced..”

Yuri gave a light amused chuckle, maybe just for the first time someone is not that responsive on her flirt and preparation “you’re really hard to impress, aren’t you?”

“Well..” Sooyoung chuckled softly “this is impressive..”

“But not for you..”

“And this is maybe the best dinner I’ve ever had..”

“Dinner date..” Yuri flirtatiously corrected, making the tall brunette giggled, and Yuri loves the sound of it.

“Okay.. dinner date..”

“And best is not enough for you..”

Sooyoung escaped another soft chuckle “this is more than enough..” she smiled “I love this place..”

“But not for the person who brought you here?” Yuri playfully asked.

Sooyoung giggled “hey, I like you too.. you’re a nice person… we can be a good friend..”

“Hey, you love this place but you only like me? that’s disappointing..” Yuri faked a frown “and.. being well prepared, book a reservation in one of the best restaurant in town that people need to line up, and all dress up like this only give you an impression of me being nice?” she asked, this time giving another naughty smile.

“Well, you’re kind.. and obviously well-prepared..” Sooyoung chuckled “what kind of impression are you trying to show me exactly?” Sooyoung played along, feeling quite comfortable with the conversation they’re engaged in, and so far, Yuri is such a good person, and someone who is easy to talk to and comfortable to be with.

“Maybe something like I’m worth being more than a friend kind of impression?” Yuri cocked her eyebrow, her lips curved into a smirk, perfectly giving that attractive naughty smile.

“Obviously you do..” Sooyoung smiled “but--..”

“Don’t continue..” Yuri quickly cut “you’re going to break my heart by saying that..”

Sooyoung chuckled softly before she leaned closer, maybe before this kind of conversation brings more misunderstanding either between her and Yuri, so does between her and her wife “..will you believe me if I told you that.. I’m taken?”

Yuri remained silent for seconds, staring at Sooyoung doubtfully before she spoke “..like what? physically or mentally? Temporary or permanently?”

Sooyoung chuckled by Yuri’s comment “how am I supposed to answer that kind of question?”

“Simply honestly?” Yuri’s brow cocked, full of curiousity.

Sooyoung giggled “..both.. and both..” she answered.

“Hmm?”

“Both physically and mentally.. and maybe both temporary and permanently..”

“What does it supposed to mean?”

Sooyoung staring back at Yuri in silence for a moment before she answered “…physically.. I’m married..” she said, having the sight of Yuri’s doubtful expression “mentally… I’m in love with that person..”

“Married?” Yuri asked in a playful suspicious tone “since the fist time I met you until today.. I haven’t spot any kind of hint to lead me to that conclusion..”

“Yeah.. I’m not that open about my private life..” Sooyoung smiled.

“And what about temporary and permanently?”

“Oh, I want my married last permanently..” Sooyoung gave an innocent smile “but we’re just in the middle of working things out..”

“And does it mean that I don’t stand a chance?”

Sooyoung gave a smile “Yuri.. I am not really sure about what you want from me.. or about this dinner more to a friendly one or more than that..” she said “but it would be better to prevent bad things before it can happened, right? it would be bad if either of us getting hurt when we can prevent it from the start, right?”

“How could I’m sure that you’re not lying? That you’re just trying to push me away? Or this is a plan to make me give up on you?”

“Why should I lie?” Sooyoung gave a small smile “Yuri, you’re attractive, kind, smart, romantic..” Sooyoung gave a teasing smile “..and more importantly, your fun to be around.. and you make me comfortable being around you even if we just met several times…”

“And I’m sure.. that if I happened to meet you earlier before I’m married, things would totally change..” Sooyoung said, giving a sweet smile “..and if you want, maybe I can let you meet that person, just for lunch or dinner together.. but maybe just not in a mean time..”

Yuri went silent over Sooyoung’s sincerity, but mirrored Sooyoung’s smile before she spoke “that person must be so lucky..”

Sooyoung laughed “honestly, I still can’t name a reason why she should be grateful married me..”

“I can give it a try..” Yuri teased.

Sooyoung giggled, happy by the fact that they can still develop a good friendship “we really can make a good friend..”

“Or maybe it will be better to help me heal this heart you just broke..”

“And how so?”

“I don’t know.. you tell me..” Yuri playfully said “you’re the one who broke it..”

Sooyoung laughed “maybe I can introduce you to someone else.. I have a cousin in States..”

“Cousin?” Yuri smirked “that’s seems like a good idea..” she said “is she beautiful and stunning like you?”

“Better..” Sooyoung laughed “maybe just a little harder to seduce..”

“I love challenge..” Yuri said.

Sooyoung narrowed her eyes playfully “and there should be a line of people who are ready to kill you if you hurt her..” she added “I’m in the front..”

Yuri laughed “I’m not a heart breaker..”

“Yeah.. you better be..” Sooyoung said “..i can do better than just breaking a heart..” she gave a playful threatening look, shuddering slightly from the cold air.

“And I can do better than being a heart breaker..” Yuri laughed but faded when she noticed Sooyoung shuddering “hey, are you sure you’re okay?” she asked worriedly “you look paler..”

“Yeah, I’m okay.. just a little bit cold..”

“Need a hug?” Yuri teased, earning a soft laugh from the tall brunette.

“Really?” Sooyoung chuckled “you’re unbelievable..”

“But hey, if you want to go home.. we can leave now..”

“Hey, after knowing about my married and about my cousin, you’re trying to push me as fast as you can?” Sooyoung joked.

Yuri laughed “you still need to keep your promise..” she played along “and, come on Soo.. I will drive you home now..”

“What? I haven’t done..” Sooyoung swiftly rejected, pointing at her half finished food that arrived earlier “besides, I still owe you dinner..”

“I do this in purpose so that I have another reason to invite you to another dinner or lunch..” Yuri replied, giving a playful smile “you know, I still need to see your wife..” she added, giving another naughty smile “and asking about your cousin..”

Sooyoung laughed “yeah, you’re right..” Sooyoung added “but let me eat a little more.. I’m hungry..” she said, remembering a couple of times where she passed lunch or dinner for work, earning another amused laugh from Yuri.

They spent a little more time, talking about life, more stories about Sooyoung’s early hometown in States, or Yuri’s experiences in her job, and more.. more than enough to built a beautiful so called friendship..