Scared to lose

You Got Me

Yoona is sitting in the living room, hugging a pillow, the TV on, but her eyes keep glancing over her bedroom’s door. The room she is sharing with her wife.

Sooyoung was home early today, it’s just 6Pm when Yoona saw her wife walking inside the room, unlike these few nights ago when Sooyoung would home after Yoona already asleep. And the odd scene just makes Yoona questioned, but still holding the pride to ask since they’re still in their so called cold argument.

And ever since the tall brunette was home, it’s more than half an hour but Sooyoung hasn’t went out from the room yet.

By the second that passed, Yoona’s mind keeps working to find a way to work things between her and her wife. Somehow this is torturing for her.

She misses the kisses, the hugs, flirts, and all that Sooyoung does. And out of it, she misses Sooyoung.

Yoona sighed, not knowing how many times already, but her mind finds nothing. She took another glance, but frozen when the door opened, revealing her wife in a short tight red dress, walking closer to the couch with a quick glance on her wrist watch.

Yoona finds herself holding her breath when Sooyoung sits beside her, leaving a obvious gap between them, saying nothing as her eyes glue on the TV. It’s just.. tempting..

 

Yoona bit her lower lip, dying to ask, when she finally giving up on her pride by whispering softly after an awkward cough, this silence is killing her “..so, are you going out?”

“I have dinner..” Sooyoung answered flatly.

Yoona nodded, no, she doesn’t want to ask who Sooyoung is going with. Judging from the fancy dress, and the picture of what happened in the party days ago, along with that picture of the flirting lawyer after her accident, the best conclusion she can come up with..

“..with Yuri..”

And, even if Yoona is glad that Sooyoung still respect their marriage by hiding nothing, a part of her, annoyed and obviously jealous by the single name.

“..ah..” and that’s all Yoona can say, giving a nod “..what time are you.. going home?”

“I don’t know..” Sooyoung answered, ended their short conversation in a deaf silence.

“..yeah..” Yoona mumbled silently “..maybe you’re not going home at all..”

“What?” Sooyoung turned, obviously doesn’t like whatever she accidentally hears just now.

“..I—I..” Yoona stuttered, doesn’t really expected Sooyoung to hear her words.

“What’s wrong with you?!” Sooyoung shook her head in disbelief, her tone raised.

“Wha-what’s with me?!” Yoona exclaimed back, unconsciously raising her tone as Sooyoung does “it’s supposed to be my question, isn’t it?!”

“What are you trying to say, Yoona?!” Sooyoung spoke tiredly “I’m going to dinner, and that’s all..”

“With the woman who flirt with you a lot!”

“And what’s wrong with that? it’s not like I flirt back or what?!”

“We’re married! And you’re going out with her!! we-wearing such dress?!!”

“It’s dinner! And maybe if someone is humble enough to apologize, I wouldn’t have go with her at all!!” Sooyoung snapped, her head throbbed, having headache all day doing nothing good on her, and this argument doesn’t help.

Yoona went silent, she is quite surprised by Sooyoung’s outburst, and she knows that Sooyoung is going with the lawyer because of her. She is jealous, the thought of her wife spending time with another woman pissed her, and thinking about how Sooyoung all dressing up to meet another woman upset her even more.

“..and it’s a formal dinner.. in a formal place..” Sooyoung sighed, calming herself.

 

Silence fell when Yoona is too sorry to say a word, while Sooyoung is too upset to talk. Guilt built up when Yoona decided to break the tension between them.

“..hmm..  Soo..” Yoona called, biting her lower lip in worry and nervousness, but manage to cut the gap between them as she moves closer. She is disappointed and sad to herself for not able controlling temper and her jealousy issue.

“What?” Sooyoung asked coldly, still upset about their little argument, her eyes straight to the TV.

“..about that night.. mm.. I—I..” Yoona trailed, she lifted her hand, reaching Sooyoung’s arm “..it’s--.. oh, hey, are you sick?” Yoona asked worriedly, feeling Sooyoung’s warm temperature, pressing her palm on Sooyoung’s temple “oh God, Soo.. you-..”

“I’m okay..” Sooyoung cut, moving slightly before putting Yoona’s hand down.

“A-are you sure? Ha-have you take your—your lunch today? Ho-how about yesterday?”

“..hmm..”

Yoona stared on her wife in disbelief “you didn’t, right?!”

“I will eat when I’m hungry..” Sooyoung simply stated.

“Ya-yah!! Ho-how could you do that?!!” Yoona nagged “how co-could you skip lunch! And don’t tell me it’s only once..” Yoona glared.

“I’m okay..”

“No, you’re not! Sooyoung, you’re sick!!”

“I--..”

Sooyoung hasn’t even finished with her word when the bell ring.

“I guess, it’s my call..” Sooyoung spoke, standing up from the couch but Yoona grabs her arm before Sooyoung can take a step.

“..wa-wait..”

“It’s--..”

“How about canceling the dinner?” Yoona cut.

“What? I already--..”

“I mean, how about re-rescheduling?” Yoona asked, hopefully.

Sooyoung gazed into Yoona’s eyes, she wants to stay, but she already promised “..i promised already.. I even supposed to do this weeks ago..”

“But--..”

“Give me a reason to cancel this dinner..” Sooyoung cut. She took a step closer to Yoona, slowly but sure, reducing the gap between them by leaning closer while gazing into Yoona’s eyes.

Sooyoung is dangerously getting closer that Yoona can feel that hot breath brushing against her face, with their nose start touching, Sooyoung stops.

Yoona’s breath heaved, controlling herself for whatever she wants to do, trying to hold herself from taking the brunette down on the couch and—and straddling on the latter and—and.. just too much for her to resist.

No hugs and kisses for days is enough to make Yoona lost her mind that she is the one closing the gap between them by pressing her lips on Sooyoung, cupping Sooyoung’s face swiftly to deepen the kiss, kissing the tall brunette in longing and hard.

Nothing feel better than to fill what you’re craving for or having whatever you’re addicted for. And that’s exactly the only feeling both Sooyoung and Yoona are in.

Yoona moves her hand to Sooyoung’s shoulders, pushing the tall girl, causing Sooyoung to fall back on the couch with arms around Yoona’s waist, and Yoona swiftly straddling on her wife’s lap. Her hands slid and trap between Sooyoung’s hairs, with Sooyoung’s response to her kiss, Yoona drown more and more into it.

She can’t stop, not when she is missing this too much, not when she wants this as much as Sooyoung’s does, not when she is afraid, afraid if sometime, this will get to an end.

The way Yoona feels it, how she wants Sooyoung to stay by her side no matter what, how she is dead worried over the sick woman, how she wishes to stay in Sooyoung’s embrace, how she wants a time like this last forever..

Yoona is in love with Sooyoung, her wife, but she is too afraid to admit..

But love is not something that will work only by a single afford from one side between two people. It’s not only a mutual understanding.. the same should goes to communication.. words to tie two hearts..

Their kiss last like forever, and it’s only another bell when they finally pulled apart, panting while resting on each other shoulder.

“..so?” Sooyoung whispered.

Yoona’s mind went blank by the moment, the kiss is way more than enough to get her speechless, stunned, and breathless. It’s like her mind, her body, and her heart scream for more. She knows she wants more when she doesn’t want to stand up from Sooyoung’s lap to let her wife walk out to another woman from her embrace.

Yoona wants Sooyoung to stay, just as much she wants to stay in Sooyoung’s arms.

Yoona bit her lower lip nervously, trying to get the right word to say, heck deep inside her she knows that three words is more than enough to make her wife stay.

But words always screwed everything up when Yoona stuttered “..yo-you’re si-sick.. an-and—and.. you—you need rest..”

And that’s not exactly the answer Sooyoung is hoping to hear. Even if a part of her is glad that Yoona is caring about her heath, but a part of her is disappoint, mostly by getting her hope too high.

“..I have to go now..” Sooyoung said, pulling Yoona up from her lap gently “she is waiting..”

“I already ordered dinner for you..” Sooyoung added “don’t sleep too late..” she said, giving a soft peck on Yoona’s temple before she leaves.

Yoona hates that. She is already boiling in jealousy but no word escapes her lips as she stiffen in front of Soooyoung, watching as the tall brunette make her way to the door, stop by a near mirror to fix her hair and make up before opened the door for her guest, having a sight of Yuri handing a bouquet of red roses to her wife before Sooyoung closed the door and walked to Yuri’s car.

Yoona sighed, cursing herself for whatever happened, for not able to make Sooyoung stays, for not able to say the words that they both know will end their misery.

She falls back to the couch when a tear fall from her eyes, mostly by the frustrating feeling that left on her to herself for letting Sooyoung goes with another woman.

“..what the hell..” she mumbled in annoyance, wiping her tears harshly by the back of her hand “..it’s only dinner..”

But no matter how many times she told herself over and over again, no matter how many times she assured herself the same words more, tears won’t stop. It keeps flowing more than she is willing to..

She is scared, she is afraid..

And for the first time, she is so damn afraid losing someone.. she is so scared to watch Sooyoung walks out from her life..

And maybe that fear will be enough to knock her sense up, looking for a way to turn things right rather than to mess everything even more..