Chapter 30

Secret Identity [Hiatus]

Your POV~

I was overwhelmed, glued in place and unable to come back to my senses. Dragging my feet, I walked to my room and laid on the bed. The soothing voice wasn't here anymore. Plop, plop, plop. Tears began falling one by one like raindrops. I slowly cried myself to sleep...

the next morning...

I felt a source of warmth near me and huddled as close as I could in this chilly morning. This was odd though because it seemed as if the source was moving. I opened my eyes, not expecting to see a designed area of wool. My eyes traveled up to discover this object.

"AAAAAAaaaaaaah!"

I quickly jumped away, only to find myself hitting my head against the wall. After moments of pain, I shot "it" a playful glare.

"Hehh, good morning honey!" Kwangmin cheerfully chirped. 
"Y-you remember me??" I asked, wondering of he regained his memories by the choice of his words.
"What? Do I remember you? Of course I do!"
"Didn't you hit your head and have short-term memory loss?"
"Short-term memory loss? Dear, I didn't injure my head or have memory loss."
"So you know exactly who I am??" I squealed exitedly.
"Yeah, you're my," Kwangmin leaned in and whispered, "girlfriend, Minyeon."
"THIS WAS ONLY ALL A DREAM!!" I hugged him really tight, giving him one of my bear hugs.

Kwangmin looked at me with weird eyes, wondering why I was acting so weird this morning.  He asked what happened to me, and I explained all that I thought had happened.  From getting hit to losing his memory, from forgetting about me to I desperately trying to help him, from I asking Youngmin for help and telling him who my true identity was, from receiving the call from the police to finding out my brother had gone to jail. It was all a dream.

"Ah, you silly monkey," Kwangmin chuckled. "You're so adorable, but I think I did hear the phone ring last night."
"Eh?" I tilted my head in confusion. "Really? Let's see who called."

I got off the bunk bed and headed toward the phone in the living room.  With one swift movement, the phone was in my hands as I pressed the arrows to check the call list.

xx-xx-xx 4:40pm
Manager

xx-xx-xx 6:20pm
Manger

xx-xx-xx 1:20am
Manager

xx-xx-xx 10:45pm
Manger

xx-xx-xx 11:40am
Manger

xx-xx-xx 5:00pm
Manager

xx-xx-xx 7:35pm
Manger

xx-xx-xx 10:20pm
Seoul Police Headquarters

What. In. The. World. Had. Just. Happened.  First, I find out that everything that happened in the so-called "past weeks" were fake, but now this jail thing is real?! Are you serious... what did I do to receive such punishments?

I looked up to Kwangmin, not knowing my eyes were watery.  He opened his arms, and I cried on his chest.  Minwoo so happened to pass by and asked why I was crying while trying to tell me not to cry.  

For the next few days, I stayed in my room on my bed and stayed silent, not wanting to go anywhere.  Most of the day, I listened to the sound of speeding cars and children playing their games.  The rest of Boyfriend had to continue their schedule, but they all visited me when they finished their schedules.

"Minhwang-ah~" Jeongmin called. "Look who's here!"

I turned my head to see Jeongmin's trademark smile by the entrance of my room.

"Me!" he grinned. "How's our Minhwang doing?"
*shrugs*
"Well, I think you haven't eaten yet, so come eat dinner with us!" Youngmin offered.
*shakes head*
"I'll bring it over to you then. Be back in a jiffy!"

I know the members are worried about me, but I still haven't recovered.  The paparazzi have found out that unnie hasn't been participating in activities, so Starship had addressed this issue.  Our agency said unnie wanted to pursue in her studies so she has left.  Many fans posted on our Twitter and Facebook page, saying how they missed Minkyung, how they wish he'd come back...

I sighed as I reached for the picture album next to my pillow.  This rectangular object was my prized possesion; no money can buy it.  The pages were worning out by age and from the many times I've flipped through them.  It had stored memories from since I was a baby, when no one was missing in my family.

*knock knock*

"Hwangie, may I come in?" I heard Kwangmin's tender voice ask.
"Mm." The first word I've said in the past few days.
"You miss your brother?" 
"Mm."
"Don't worry, he'll be out soon.  I'm sure this has been some mistake. How do the police work nowadays, jumping into conclusions."
"They didn't."

My reply stunned Kwangmin.  He had thought my "brother" was trapped in jail because the police needed further investigation, but the tables have turned now that I was about to reveal more on this.

"One of the administrators of Starship and his apprentice was the prime witness," I told him.
"The administrator? Who?" Kwangmin asked, wanting to know more.
"I don't know, my brother told me to watch out for him. He said the administrator will come get me anytime I lose guard."
"Wait, I don't see how the administrator would hold a grudge against you guys," he reasoned. "You guys are nothing but wonderful!"
"But that's not what the admin thinks." I sighed. "My brother says he's been framed, framed.  He would never touch drugs..."
"D-drugs?!"
"That's what the police told me. Hyung had been hanging around the mafia, doing drug deals."

Unnie's POV~

Eugh, this place is dripping with foulness.  It's so unsanitary, and there's a fly every now and then.  When am I gonna get out of this dungeon? I don't belong here, and I never belonged here.  

"Hey girl, wanna hear a joke?" the guy next to my cell snickered. 

Yes, there's a e guy next door.  Worse than picking up the waste someone else's dog has left.  I really suspsect whether this guy was supposed to be trained in a mental hospital.  Look, he's talks to himself so every often, and  he talks weirdly.

I have no idea why I am in the cell between two guys'.  The guy on my other side is pretty normal, but almost every sentence he speaks HAS TO include a swear word.

"Hey you,  you over there!" the swear king shouted. "Give my back my towel."
"Um, excuse me?" I inquired, not wanting to do what he wanted.
"My towel, pick it up."

Sure enough, there was this towel near the left hand corner of my cell.  Not nasty, not dirty, yet not clean or pretty.  I didn't want to pick it up.

"You pick it up yourself," I retorted. "It's not mine. You look after yourself, not others."
"You little ****************, what did you say?!" he shouted. 
"I know you heard me, so please, look after yourself."
"Shut the **************** up you idiot! I demand what I want, and if you don't do, you'll pay for it."

I rolled my eyes, annoyed by how childish this adult was.

"You better get if for me or you'll--"
"Shut up, both of you!" the jail guard shouted. "I've had enough of you two, and if you guys don't shut your mouth, I'll shut it for you."

That's threatening. To me, but no to that guy.

"YOU **************** FREAK HAVE NO RIGHT TO TELL ME TO SHUT UP."

I sighed, thinking this was going to be a long night.

Your POV~

"Oh, why, why, why, why, why?" I kept asking Kwangmin. "Why, out of all people, my un-- hyung!"
"Maybe it was all a mistake," Kwangmin suggested.
"But the police has evidence!"
"Or maybe someone else has the same name and they just got the wrong person."

I didn't reply. I just sat on the floor and cried into my arms.  My world was falling apart... falling into crumbs... and never replaceable.  

Crying wasn't worth my time.  I needed to take action and do something to save my unnie.  Right now, it's my turn to save unnie. No one's stopping me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi guys!

Sorry, I haven't updated in like the 654981349/6156184946153196156156789th year... >< I have SAT-10 testing this week and a 5pg history term paper to write... T^T

So... I wrote this a while ago and added a little more (yes, I'm a good student, and I study). 

Hope it's okay...? :)