Chapter 18

Secret Identity [Hiatus]

Kwangmin's POV~

The smoke was killing me, and I kept coughing.  Minhwang had no reaction, despite the whole time I was talking to her and shaking her.

"Minyeon-ah! Minyeon-ah! Stay strong....oppa's here for you...saranghae. Minyeon-ah!" I kept saying.

Halfway down the stairs, I tripped and tumbled over, Minhwang falling with me.  I tried to land first so she wouldn't get hurt.  It was really hard to breathe and I had to rest.  There were shouts coming from outside and I felt somone near me.  Turns out it was a firefighter.

"Any survivors here?" one firefighter called out. 
"Here!" I shouted as loud as I could. "We're here!"

*someone steps on me*

"Ow...." I grumbled. "We're here! Save us!"
"How many are with you?" the person asked.
"Just two of us. I don't know about the others." I told him. 

The guy gave us emergency oxygen masks and I quickly put one on Minhwang.  She wasn't breathing steadily while I was carrying her.  I took in a lungful of oxygen greedily.  If the firefighter hadn't come in sooner, Minhwang and I would've suffocated. @__@

Another firefighter led us outside the building.  The emergency nurses rushed to help get Minhwang on the emergency bed and put her in the ambulance.  My heart felt relieved to see her get medical attention, and I almost fell down. Luckily, Youngmin held on to me to get me back from falling.

"Kwangmin! Kwangmin!" the members shouted. "Gwenchanayeo??"
"N-neh..." I mumbled. 

*about to collaspe again*

"Kwangmin-ah!" Youngmin shouted. "Aish, get the nurses...."

I was put into an ambulance and I think it was the same one Minhwang was in.  During the ride to the hospital, I fell asleep and let time slip by.

few hours later... (or what I thought so)

"Minhwang-ah! Minhwang-ah!"

I woke up finding myself in hospital clothes and on a hospital bed.  Six pairs of eyeballs were staring at me with worriedness.  There was an oxygen mask on me.

"Kwangminnie hyung, you feeling better?" Minwoo asked.
"Mm. Kamsahamnida for worrying about me." I said.
"Yah, Jo Kwangmin. You got us all scared to death." Donghyun said.
"Mianhae..."
"I'll call the doctor.  He told us to get him once Kwangmin wakes up." Hyunseong mentioned.

Hyunseong left the room and I looked around and saw a curtain dividing me from the other bed.  I pulled off the oxygen mask and tried to get off the bed, but was held down by my hyungs and dongsaeng.  -__- I looked at them with a disappointed face and pouted.

Me: Eeeeeeeeeeeng. *puts full aegyo* I wanna get down....

Donghyun: No. Sit, dog.

Me: I'm a dog??

Jeongmin: You could be our pet, if you want. ^-^

Me: Yah, hyung!

Youngmin: What do you want, I'll get it for you.

Minwoo: Me too! I'll help you too!

Me: Where's Minhwang?

Minwoo: Him? He's on the bed next to you.  The doctor gave him a checkup and closed the curtains.

Me: O____O 

Youngmin: What's the matter? Something wrong??

Me: Ani....is it the same doctor that checks on me and him?

Donghyun: Neh.

Jeongmin: Oh, here comes Hyunseong and the doctor.

Hyunseong: The doctor's here to give Kwangmin another checkup...

Doctor: Would you all please step out a second?

*nurse closes curtain*

Doctor: Let's see....Kwangmin-sshi, why aren't you wearing your oxygen mask?

Me: Umm....

Doctor: You breathed in a lot of smoke, keep the mask on.

Me: Mianhaeyeo...

Doctor: Gwenchana. Besides a few scratches, you're okay.  Just don't do anything tiring before your lungs fully get rid of the smoke.

Me: BWO?! There's smoke in my lungs?!

Doctor: Calm down, it's okay.  It'll clear up after a few weeks, so during this period, don't do anything that will include heavy breathing.

Me: So that means I can't practice?

Doctor: Yes.

Me: You know the guy next to me? Seo Minhwang?

Doctor: Hmm? Isn't she a she? 

Me: Shh! *whispers* Come closer.

Doctor: Is there anything I can help?

Me: Don't reveal her real identity.  I know she's a she; her name is Han Minyeon.

Doctor: So you want me to keep it a secret? But it's hard with the people visiting her...

Me: Just change her into a boy's hospital clothes.  

Doctor: We can't do that. 

Me: Jaebal? Just this once, doctor-nim. She's not supposed to be known as a girl...

Doctor: Do you have your reasons?

Me: You see, we're from Boyfriend, geuchi? 

Doctor: Neh. Is she a special someone?

Me: No, everyone met her as a guy and if she's found out, everything would be over for her.

Doctor: So you want me to keep it a secret for her? It's against the hospital rules.

Me: Just this once, please! 

Doctor: Does anyone know about this?

Me: Just me and her hyung.

Doctor: And who is her hyung?

Me: I think he's Han Minkyung.

Doctor: You think?

Me: They used fake names; their fake surname is Seo. And since they're twin siblings, their real surname should be Han.

Doctor: Well, I can't really do this without the patient's permission.  We must ask her family before we help you...

Me: You can ask my members for Minkyung's phone number. Then you can call him and I think he'll agree.

Doctor: Okay...

Me: Oh! Don't tell Minkyung that I know about this.  Please, keep another secret for me.

Doctor: I will not be able to guarantee this will work, but I'm willing to give it a try.

Me: Kamsahanmnida doctor-nim! 

Doctor: Don't get so happy yet.  Okay, I'll try to see if it works.  I'll tell you once I get the news.

Me: Kamsahamnida!

Doctor: Mm. Get enough rest and eat more healthy foods, arrasso?

Me: Neh. By the way, how is Minyeon doing?

Doctor: She breathed in a lot of smoke.  We tried to clear her lungs as much as possible, but she still needs the oxygen mask.  Right now, she's unconscious and in temporary coma...with a hurt ankle.

Me: N..neh? Coma? Hurt ankle?

Doctor: Temporary coma.  I don't know when she'll wake up; the fire had a big impact on her.  She just had a minor sprain on her ankle.

Me: Oh...kamsahamnida.  Please take care of her well!

Doctor: Arrasso. It's our job, don't worry.

Me: Mm.

*doctor checks my eyes, breathing, and heartbeat; nurse opens curtains*

Youngmin: Doctor-nim, how's my dongsaeng doing?

Doctor: He just needs more rest and eat more healthy foods.  No exercises that will cause him to have improper breathing is allowed for the next few weeks.  Come back for checkups, arrasso?

Youngmin: Neh! 

Doctor: Kwangmin-sshi needs to stay in the hospital for two nights. Take care.

Youngmin: Kamsahamnida!

Donghyun/Jeongmin/Hyunseong/Minwoo: Kamsahamnida!

Minwoo: Yay! Hyung, you're all right!

Me: Yeah, I haven't died yet.

Donghyun: Jo Kwangmin, don't you say that!

Jeongmin: See? *puts mirror in front of my face* See that pretty face? You still have to finish school.

Me: Hahaha, hyung~

Hyunseong: We still need to practice together.

Youngmin: My brother is strong, you're not gonna die soon.

Me: Hahah, Youngminnie hyung, you too?

Minwoo: Boyfriend fighting!

Donghyun: What's up with this conversation? It sounds like we're disbanding... o--O

Hyunseong: Food, anyone?

Everyone: MEEEEE~!

Minwoo: I'll come with you Hyunseongie. ^-^

Hyunseong: Be right back!

This was the weirdest conversation I've ever been in. @___@ Minhwang-ah...wake up soon.  I miss you already... please don't leave me alone. I wish I was the one in coma instead of Minhwang.  She's still a young girl...well yeah, I'm a young boy too, but she's a girl...

Food came and I was made to eat plain porridge. T^T It tastes like NOTHING. Will the doctor let me eat dukkbokki or kimbap?? What about patbingsoo?? Oh, my Korean life is incomplete without these! ><

"Hyung..." I tugged on Youngmin's jacket. "Can I have some dukkbokki?"
"Ask the doctor." he simply replied.
"Hyung~" I whined.
"Just press that button on the wall." Youngmin turned around. "Don't bother me when I'm eating, arrasso??"
"Neh..." 

Aish, I don't like you, Jo Youngmin.  Afterall, I'm your twin-- you should be nice! -__- Hmm...I'll ask Minwoo if he'll give me some. ^-^

"Minwoo~ Can I have some of your dukkbokki?" I asked.
"Erm...." Minwoo said. "I dunno if you can eat it..."
"Waeyeo? Don't tell me you're gonna tell me to ask the doctor." I didn't want Minwoo to become a second Youngmin.
"Yeah, you should ask the doctor first." Minwoo also turned his back on me.

T^T Why is everything going against my liking?? ASDFGHJKL;.....................................

.................

.....................

.........................

............................

..................................

...............................................

..................................

.................

...................

..................

............................

.....................

.........................

..................

.............................

Fine. I'll eat my bland porridge....with seaweed! ^-^ Okay, I guess no one's heard of eating seaweed with porridge (well, I didn't).  *eats seaweed* This is sooo much better..... heheheheh.  

What is Minhwang doing? She's still sleeping... @____@ Han Minyeon, stop sleeping and wake up so that I can tell you what's been in my mind.  

"Yah, Lee Jeongmin!" Hyunseong blurted. "Stop stealing my kimbap!"
"Too bad~" Jeongmin stuck his tongue at him. 
"Jeongmin-ah." Donghyun lightly pushed Jeongmin. "Give Hyunseong one of your kimbap."
"He took six of mine." Hyunseong pointed.
"Arrasso, then give six kimbap." Donghyun told Jeongmin.
"Waeyeo?? Hyunseong didn't care...." Jeongmin grumbled while giving Hyunseong the kimbap.

Lunch was over and the members had to leave for their schedules.  And, visiting hours were also over so they had to leave anyways.  Once everyone left, I creept out of my bed.  Just as the doctor had promised, he tried to change Minhwang's hospital clothes.

Minhwang had an oxygen mask and was in deep sleep.  I sat down on the chair next to her bed and her head gently.  Her face was pure-- no make up.  Did she do plastic surgery before?? I tried to look for the clock and found my eyes staring at my bracelet.

The bracelet appa had given me and Youngmin.  Oh right, Youngmin still hasn't found his... ): That's sad... hyung really misses appa. Wait, I've said that already. ^-^" It's okay, it doesn't hurt to keep telling myself.

Seeing Minhwang's unconscious body broke my heart.  No one knows when she'll wake up, even though the doctor said it was just temporary coma.  But still, who wants their loved ones to go into coma?? 

Your POV~

I woke up and found myself in white clothes.  A spotlight was on me and it was dark everywhere, no light except the one on me.  There were no traces of life, not even the slightest wind blew.  It was just still, black darkness; cold and gives off a creepy feeling.

"Han Minyeon." someone called my name.
"N-n-neh?" I answered suspicously. "Duguseyeo?"
"I am the life-and-death angel." the angel replied. 

A slender, young woman in her early 20s came walking to me in a gown of white.  Two feathery wings were on her sides and she had long, silky brown hair.  Her steps were graceful as she came closer to me. When she was close enough, she put a hand on my shoulder.

"Han Minyeon, do you wish to live or to die?" she asked.
"Bwo?" I asked.
"Do you wish to live or die?" the angel asked once more.
"Will my answer affect me?" I trembled.
"Yes, your answer will determine your life and death." she said. "Would you choose life or death?"
"L-l-life." I said softly.

The angel took her hand off me and she took a few steps back.  Her expression from being peaceful changed into a serious expression.  Something told me it was not gonna be good.

"Tell me, child, three reasons why you want to live." the angel said.
"Three reasons?" I questioned. She nodded.

Me: I have a twin sister, and we lost our parents.  She's my only relative and if she lost me, her life would be terrible...I love my sister. *pauses for a moment*  Second... I have someone I like....more than a friend.  He takes really good care of me and protects me.  The fire...he ran back to save me, risking his own life.  I need to tell him that I'm really thankful and to repay him.  *takes a deep breath* Last reason....last reason....last reason...

"I can only count two reasons.  Do you have a third reason?" she asked.
"Hold on a second..." I tried to think of a third reason.
"If you don't have a third reason, then just say so." the angel said.

*silence*

I finally pulled myself together, since the angel and her life-death question shocked me.  If I lie, I'd be considered as a liar-- no one will trust me anymore.

"Honestly, I can't find a third reason." I confessed. "I don't want to lie to you and if you have to, take my life."
"You have passed the test." she said.
"What test?" I asked, completely surprised.
"My duty is to find lost souls and determine whether they can live or not." she told me.
"Then...I'm a lost soul?"

Am I dreaming or is this thing real?  I pinched myself and slapped my cheeks to wake myself up.  No, this isn't a dream, and this isn't reality either.  What is this??? T^T

Angel: The answer you gave me has determined your personality and life.

Me: My personality and life?

Angel: You thought of other people instead of yourself; you have lived a good life.

Me: So....what happened to me?

Angel: You are in coma right now.  I have come to your soul and do this test.

Me: Will I wake up?

Angel: You'll know.  And, you won't remember me or anything that happened just now.

Me: Huh?

The angel slowly disappeared and the spotlight had disappeared.  I felt myself being controlled-- the last words the angel said gave me a clue as to what was happening.  Someone in this world is brainwashing me to keep me from remembering this.  I slept again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hi and sooo sorry for not updating in a long while! >< my dad set a time limit for internet T^T 

hopefully you guys will like this chappie! ^-^

P-L-E-A-S-E comment and subscribe!!

puffleppyong~