Chapter 28 (with Notice)

Secret Identity [Hiatus]

Hi Readers!

Sorry to upset you subscribers, but I have something to ask.  It'll be in the poll below.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please vote and write additional opinions in the comment box.  

One more thing, I'm pretty busy this month. Finals, a disastrous nightmare for students.
I want to appologize beforehand, even though it's near Christmas break (yay!), I can't 
guarentee I will be able to update more than usual.

Thanks for supporting me! ^-^
(By the way, how's my new username? Sorry if I got you guys confused.. heheh. I'm still puffleppyong/asnftw..)

*recent readers: asnftw/puffleppyong were my past usernames.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your POV~

No matter how much I greatly dislike my current situation, I need to stay strong and wait for Kwangmin to remember me.  I...He... He's the only one who understands me, not even my unnie.  From when we first met to forgetting me, he was still that honest boy.

"You wanna go inside this store?" Kwangmin suggested, waking me from my trance.
"Sure."

I went in after Kwangmin, hoping he would remember me after looking in this shop.  Every movement he made I kept an eye on. Seems stalker-ish, but it's not fun to watch the person you love forget you.  I wonder, does he have any flashbacks like the people do in the movies? Was it just a concept for us to believe in? 

As I organized my thoughts, a sudden gesture caught my eyes.  Looking across the aisle, I saw Kwangmin holding his head, as if to stop a headache.  Yet, he didn't shake his head after a while. It seemed as if he was trying to grasp that image in his head.  Are... are those called flashbacks?

"Mmmghh..." I heard Kwangmin mumble.

Kwangmin's POV~

I was looking through the rings, and the stupid head of mine started to go on self-destruct mode. Why does this always happen after I came back from the hospital? Well, it's not fun. = =

I kept trying to chant, "Go away headache!" in my head, but it's no use. Oh yeah, that Chinese pressure point stuff. This website said to press on the fleshy area of your thumb for one to two minutes, and the headache will go away.  Will it work??

*lets go of head, presses on thumb*

"Ha-ha! It worked!" I thought. Outloud.

Fortunately, no one was near me so no staring eyes. (: I probably looked like an idiot holding my head and now my thumb.  

"Kwangmin, are you okay?" Minhwang asked in a worried tone.
"Mm, I'm fine," I reassured. "Just a minor headache."
"Oh, okay, that's good."

Your POV~

So his headache wasn't a flashback... I shouldn't set up my hopes to high. What kind of a world is it for Kwangmin to remember everything the night he gets discharged. Oh, talking of getting discharged, he's one speedy recoverer. Actually woke up in one night after a blow... Kwangmin must have a lot of determination to live.

"You wanna go somewhere else?" I asked.
"Hmm, okay," Kwangmin smiled. "How about eating some dukkbokki?"
"That reminds me," I paused.

*few seconds of silence*

"Uhh..." Kwangmin said, looking a bit awkward.
"I'm hungry," I laughed, finishing my sentence.
"Haha, then let's go!"
"I'm paying this time..." I muttered under my breath.
"Hmm?" 
"Nothing."

We both left for the street stands and looked for one that sold dukkbokki.  In the streets of Korea, we found one in a matter of a few minutes.  A pretty ajumma was scooping cups of the spicy delicacy for her customers.  I speed walked to line up, hoping to taste the goodness of street food.

"Ajumma, two cups of dukkbokki please," I asked. 
"Hey, look to the right," Kwangmin whispered. "Does it look familiar to you?"

Instantly, I swirled my head to the direction.  I looked closely for any details in the scene, but finding none, I turned to face the ajumma.  The next customer was already ordering, and I was surprised when Kwangmin called my name.

"Hey, I was gonna pay for those." I pointed to the cups of dukkbokki.
"Well, let's eat!" Kwangmin ignored my statement.
"You evil prankster..." I shook my head.
"You guillable victim," he grinned.

We enjoyed the cups of dukkbokki while taking deep breaths from the spiciness of them.  I watched many couples pass by us, holding their hands and smiling as if the whole world was just the two of them.  My eyes turned to Kwangmin, who gave full attention to eating.  When will we be able to be like other couples?

"Do you see anything familiar here?" I asked, attempting to start a conversation between us.
"Sort of," Kwangmin answered. "I come here every now and then, so I'm knowing parts of this area."
"No, I mean something that happened here; do you think this place is familiar?"
"Hmm, not at the moment," he pondered. "What happened?"
"Nothing, I just wanted to help your temporary memory loss to fade away."
"Oh, thanks. Almost forgot I have memory loss."

I let out a sigh, and seeing we were done with the dukkbokki, I pulled Kwangmin to look for the other members.  We were about to stand up, but jumped on us, making me and Kwangmin go "Uaahh!".

"Heheh, did I scare you guys?"
"Minwoo, that wasn't funny," I pouted. 
"Oh, yes it was," Minwoo laughed an evil laugh. "Donghyunnie's in that shop. So is Youngmin, Jeongmin, Hyunseong, and your hyung."
"Okay, then let's go join them," Kwangmin said.  "Everyone's in there, wow."

The three of us made our way to the shop and saw Youngmin and Jeongmin playing with toy swords like mischievous boys.  I grabbed a sword and whacked my sword on Youngmin's.  He gave me a look of surprise before recognizing me.

"Oh, Minhwang! You're here!" Youngmin exclaimed.
"Care for me to join your battle here?" I smiled.
"Sure, and Minhwang's gonna be on my team," Jeongmin claimed.
"Aww, that's not fair hyung."
"First come, first serve, slowpoke," Jeongmin teased.
"Whabam! I'm not in any of you guys' teams," I grinned. "I'm the audience."
"Pwn'd you hyung!" Youngmin laughed in victory.
"Sheesh, I wasn't gonna play with a low IQ guy anyways."

Jeongmin's comeback left Youngmin in a state of embarrassment and shock.  His jaw was dropped down all the way to the floor, and his eyes widened as Jeongmin pulled me away.  Youngmin stuffed the sword back into its cardboard home and went to Kwangmin to complain.

"Kwangminnie, Jeongmin said I have a low IQ," Youngmin wailed. "I passed all my subjects!"
"Well, the truth is, hyung," Kwangmin started. "You act like a three year old."
"Oh, boo-hoo, even my dongsaeng sides with a stranger! HYUNSEONG!!"
"Err, I have something to ask Donghyun," Hyunseong said, standing next to Donghyun in the blink of an eye.
"The whole world has turned down on me!" Youngmin fake cried. "I'm a good, smart, pretty boy."

Unnie passed by Youngmin and told him, "You know what, Youngmin? Just face the truth."  She let out a joking laugh after she finished her sentence and went to the counter to pay for the items she picked.

Youngmin kept complaining, which drove all of us nuts, so Donghyun decided to call it a night and dragged Youngmin out of the store.  Hyunseong called our manager to pick us up and drive us to the dorm.

In a matter of minutes, the cozy minivan came to a stop and its doors opened.  The three hyungs of the group led the chattering Youngmin into the seats of the car, followed by us one by one.

"Manager-hyung, you know what Jeongmin called me?" Youngmin asked for the I dont know how much-th time.
"Yes, I know. He called you a dumb guy," manager-hyung replied. "Just ignore him?"
"But it hurts my self esteem," he frowned. "I demand an apology from Jeongmin."
"You ask for it now? That was a little slow..." Jeongmin laughed. "Okay, sorry Youngminnie. I was just joking with you."

And finally, Youngmin stopped his almost never-ending complaints and became best friends with Jeongmin again. Great story, eh? Well, that's a start to a "lucky" time.

Unnie and I.... are.... gonna... be... PROMOTING OUR FIRST SONG!! ^-^ It'll be called "Friends (친구가)", and we're hoping it'll be a big hit. The name might sound weird, but I like the melody.  Unlike many songs, the song talks about how friends give us funny, special moments that brings our moods up. And how friends understand what you're trying to do, also those inside jokes.

I waited day by day, hoping that Kwangmin would remember me, but these memory losses don't go away like a small cold. They stick to you for a while as a cough would stick to you. It's just described in one word: frustrating.  I want to ask someone for help, but who? My secret is too much of a load to burden...

How about.... Donghyun? He's the leader and he's really responsible. 

Hyunseong? The member who talks the least, so he might do a good job in keeping my secret.

Jeongmin? I think he's a nice guy and quite responsible. 

Youngmin? He's Kwangmin's twin hyung, but isn't that a little ironic to seek for the other twin when you've fallen for a twin? At the same time, he understands Kwangmin the most....

Minwoo? He's also close to Kwangmin, so he might be able to help...

 I sat on my chair, thinking about the choices. My thoughts were disrupted when manager-hyung called us all for a short meeting.

"Hey guys, the dating variety show will be starting soon," manager-hyung said. "The female casts will be announced."
"This is scary," Youngmin whispered to me.
"Okay, the three girls who will be you guys' partners: Eunjung, Namjoo, and Hayoung."
"APink?" Minwoo asked.
"Yep, the girls are from APink," manager-hyung confirmed.
"Wow, we've been doing a lot of stages with them, now variety shows" Jeongmin awed at the thought.
"Is that okay with you?" 
"Yep," the Boyfriend members chorused.
"Remember, it's just going to be Hyunseong, Youngmin, and Minwoo. You will find out about your assigned partners later."

After manager-hyung left, Minwoo grinned childishly, "Boyfriend is on the rise again!" We all couldn't help but to smile at his comment.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
written: 1.2.12

Please read! ^-^

Hello Readers!~~

I'm really sorry for not updating this Christmas break. I was in Hong Kong and didn't go on Asianfanfics for two whole weeks. >< Did you guys have a wonderful Christmas? Oh, and Happy New Year! It's late, but I hope all of you guys will have a great time in 2012! :)

You guys probably hate me for not updating, right? 

Back to my fanfic, thanks soo much for commenting and subscribing! I'm sorry if I don't reply to your comments, but I really appreciate them. Sometimes (actually, usually), I just can't reply... I'm not very good at expressing myself.  THANK YOU SO MUCH. I will try my best to become a better writer and hope my stories will be to your likings! ^-^

*side note: My notices are usually combined with my chapters. I think as a subscriber, you've probably read the newest "chapter", but it turns out to be a notice.  Then, when the author updates, you've already clicked on the most recent chapter and it makes it seem like you've already read it.  I apologize for not telling you guys this earlier... So, when you guys see the title as "Notice (incomplete Chapter _ _)", it means when one of your subscriptions update is my story, click on the most recent chapter. That's my chapter update.

Silent Readers, I know you guys might not like to comment or have some other reasons. Maybe some of you don't have AFF accounts.  It's okay, but if you have an account, would you comment for me? :) 

New Readers, thanks for noticing my story. Most of you new readers are my commenters/subscribers. ^-^ Please continue to read my fanfic! 

All-time Readers, I'm thankful for you guys.  Thanks for commenting, subscribing, and many other things.  I'm happy that you guys like the story, and I'm trying my best to write better. I have many ideas that I can't wait to put in the story, but a story needs to build up gradually. Please wait for my story to develop more ideas and please continue reading! ^-^

By the way, I'm planning to change the title of this story. My apolgies, I've been changing my AFF account quite a lot. Especially my username. >< How's the idea of title changing? I think I have a better name for it... I'll tell you guys: "Secret Identity". How's it?

~~
Oh my, I realize I've written such a long ending message... Is it okay? Heheh. 
Sorry, my chapter is a little short. I'm so busy... ><