Chapter 29

Secret Identity [Hiatus]

Hi guys... 

I'm really thankful/glad that you subscribers haven't unsusbscribed.. forgive me and my awfully, ridicuously long hiatus. I'm doing so bad in English, I really need to work on it... well, it's just writing that I really need to work on. (_ _'') 

I'll try to update, but unfortunately, school comes first. Sorry guise.. ><

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your POV~

I spent the next few weeks trying to put myself together, coming with stupid solutions one after another.  After thinking about my choices, I decided I might tell him. Yes, him. But how am I supposed to approach him so suddenly? For sure, I can't just go like "Oh, hi. Just to let you know, I'm a girl.  I've fallen for Kwangmin, and now that he's forgotten me, would you mind stimulating his memories so he will remember me?"

No. That's a big no-no. I bet he will be staring at me awkwardly, too shocked to say anything.  Well, here goes nothing. I'll give it a shot...

"Hi Youngmin, um, would you mind if I talked with you for a second?" I asked.
"Sure, what's up?" Youngmin accepted, getting up from his chair.
"Can we go to a room so the other members can't eavesdrop on us? This is serious business."
"Uhh, okay..."

We walked to the twins' room and sat down on the rolling chairs. There was an awkward silence until Youngmin decided to start the conversation.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" he asked.
"Well," I started. "This is really, really, really serious. You have to keep your mouth sealed; otherwise, I'd be dead."
"Dead? That serious?"
"Yep."

I took a deep breath before talking, allowing me and him to prepare ourselves.

"I... am not a boy," I said. "I've been lying to all of you this whole time."

Youngmin's eyes grew to the size of a ping-pong ball, his mouth dropped all the way down to the floor.   He was looking for the right words to say but couldn't accept the fact right then.

"I know this is all so sudden, but I have no other choice," I sighed. "No one knows about this but Kwangmin, and now, you, too."
"M-my brother knows about t-this?!" Youngmin asked, shocked.
"Not just that, we've also become a couple," I quietly admitted.
"Y-you two are d-ating?!" He was getting more shocked by the second.

Had Youngmin been much older, I would've thought this news would give him a heart attack.  I looked down and hung my head in nervousness, wondering what Youngmin would do.

"Okay, so let me get this straight," Youngmin cleared. "You're... a girl.... and you've fallen for my brother...."
"..and I hope that you could help him remember me," I finished for him. "I really miss the old Kwangmin... He's forgotten about us."

Oh my, this is so awkwardly scary!! Think, Minyeon, think! 

Do I even have a brain? (_ _'') Umma, appa... where are you guys? I really wish both of you would come back to life and help me. I'm not ready to live on my own yet...

"You know what," Youngmin started. "I'll try. I'll TRY."
"R-really?" I asked in disbelief. "Really? You're willing to help me?"
"Well yeah, since my brother loves you, and I don't want to see both of you..."

I looked at him, surprised by how he ended the last sentence. Youngmin... doesn't want to see both of us? 

"I don't want to see both of you depressed," he finished, saving me from getting deeper into my unrealistic conclusions.
"Thank you," I thanked.

Youngmin's POV~

I knew it, I KNEW IT! My feelings for Minhwang were totally fine. THAT MEANS I'M STRAIGHT! (Who said I wasn't anyways...) But noo, her heart has flown to Kwangmin, not me.

Dude, did I just actually admit that I liked her? o___o'' Great. Aish, I'm not supposed to like Minhwang... Why does she have to be a girl?? Why did she tell me all this?

"Mm," I responded, doing my best to cover up my true feelings.
"Well then, we'll be partners from now on, for a mission to retrieve Kwangmin's memories," she slightly smiled.

Your POV~

I walked out of the room to search for my unnie.  She was found sitting on the couch, closing her eyes as she listened to the music on her player.  Quietly, I sat down next to her and waited for her to give my attention to.

"Hi dongsaeng, what's up?" unnie said, keeping her eyes closed.
"Do you ever wonder why we joined Boyfriend?" I asked. "Why we weren't debutted as a different group?"
"Hmm, that's true," she replied. "Maybe because two people are too little to form a group."
"But we could've joined Sistar," I pointed out.

Unnie sat up this time, making me realize what I had just said. This had alarmed her, and I should've known better.

"Shh!" unnie whispered. "You don't want people finding out our secret, do you?"
"No," I shook my head.
"If we didn't check the other box in the first place, we might've joined Sistar, but look at us. We're part of Boyfriend now."
"Okay," I said quietly, hanging my head in shame. "But I'm tired of living life as a boy..."
"Me too, but what has been done has been done."

The flashbacks of signing the form, auditioning, training, joining Boyfriend, and up to now whizzed through my mind like a movie.  I kept replaying the part when Kwangmin and I first met.  Then when we became a couple, and now, when he forgot about me.

Unnie's POV~

"Minkyung, I'd like to meet you at the park tonight at 8pm sharp."

Ugh, it's that stupid administrator again, and the same location too.  I don't see why he's trying to meet up with me all the time. Like he has the guts to face the family member of the two people he killed. 

Frustrated, I ran down to the park even though it wasn't 8:00 yet.  Much to my surprise, the administrator was a step ahead of me, sitting on one of the benches at the park.  Cautiously making my way to him, I gritted my teeth, ready for a shout.

"What's up with the quietness, come have a seat," the administrator said.

He heard me. -__-

"What do you want now?" I questioned with a tone of annoyance in my voice.
"Oh nothing, I just want to be friends with you," he said as he rose up, coming closer to me with each step.
"Well, I DON'T want to be friends with YOU," I glared.

He was really close to me, so close I would've punched him right in the face if I hadn't held my temper.  I froze in place, waiting for him to back off (so he can die), and finally, he took a step backwards.

Then came nothing good at all.  Four men dressed in black were surrounding us, but apparently, they were ganged up with the administrator. The administrator walked away, holding a phone to his ear.  I was left in the middle of four giants, holding my hands into fists.

"Hey young boy, I know you've got some really good stuff with you," the guy with a watch said, at the same time, smirked.
"What the heck are you speaking, alien language?" I retorted, still keeping the fists.
"Oh, you know, those good stuff in the cans?" he continued. "How can you not know? I receive accurate news."
"Well, whatever good stuff you're talking about, I don't know."
"Hey hyung, what's this?" a random guy spoke up, tugging my pocket.
"HEY! DON'T TOUCH ME!" I shouted at him.

Turns out this random guy, or I should say, a stupid guy, pulled a bag of white powder.  

Drugs.

WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?! WHY IS THIS THING HERE?!

Snap. I'm framed. I'm framed and about to die. Who other than the administrator would do this to me? O____O If he's gonna get rid of me now, then he'll hurt Minyeon sooner or later! No, he can't hurt my younger sister... I need to get out of this!

"What 'I don't know'?" the first guy smirked. "This is worth about ten million won!"
"Hyung, we could make a fortune out of that!" the stupid guy exclaimed.
"Quiet, you are in no position to say anything."
"Let me get this straight, I have no idea what this bag of stuff is, and all I know is that I'm about to be captured by the po--"

My sentence was finished by the sounds of the sirens. Police is here. 

Your POV~

"Jeongmin hyung, have you seen my brother?" I asked the hyper Jeongmin.
"Oh, I don't know where he went, but you wanna sing with me and Hyunseong?" he offered.
"No thanks, I'm a little tired today," I declined.
"Okay, then rest a little bit more!"

I walked around, hoping to find someone who could tell me where unnie went.  She was gone after I came back from using the restroom.  Why is she always going out? I mean, isn't she scared of the fans? Maybe I am, but that wouldn't make sense for unnie to go out so very often...

"Hey Minhwang," Minwoo called. "You look a little lost."
"Hmm?" I turned around. "Oh hi. Maybe I am a little lost..."
"What's wrong?" 
"Well, I was just wondering where my hyung went, but it's okay."
"Oh yeah, Minkyung just left without a word."
"So I guess none of you guys know where he is?" I guessed.
"I think so... most likely."

Unnie's POV~

"W-what was that?" the newbie asked, a sense of fear in his voice.
"You stupid egg, what are you scared of?" the leader, I assumed, said. "How can you work if you're so scared of everything?!"
"But hyung, I really heard something," he insisted.

The leader ignored the stupid member and inspected the bag of powder.  What have I done to receive such a treatment? And where is that administrator? 

Sounds of footsteps answered my question.

"YOU HAVE BEEN SURROUNDED BY OUR FORCES. ANY MOVE YOU MAKE WILL SEND US CHARGING." A voice boomed over the megaphone.
"Hyung! I told you I heard something!" the newbie exclaimed.
"Well, if you're so smart, then why don't you become the leader?!" the leader glared.
"We. Need. To. RUNNNNNNN!" one of the other two gang members shouted.

Their movement sent the police forces charging at us, no doubt. All five of us were caught by the policemen, and our hands were bound with the metal handcuffs. 

I sat in the policecar, fighting to hold my tears.  The gang and I were locked up in different rooms separately, put on hold to be questioned by a member of the police headquarters.

"So, your name is...?" the staff asked.
"Han Minjung," I replied.
"I see," he said. "You were born on August 23, 1995. That makes you only 17 years old."
"Yeah."
"Why are you doing drugs at such a young age?" he questioned. "Do you really want to end your life with this?"
"Sir, I think you've caught the wrong person!" I exclaimed, shocked by his words. "I don't and never will do drugs! I've been framed!"
"But two trustable witnesses have claimed you to have association with mafia."
"Who are these two?"
"One of Starship Entertainment's administrators and his helper."

It was him behind the whole thing?! How could do this without getting caught himself!?

"Sir, I can explain," I frantically said. "He has killed my parents, and now I assume he's trying to get rid of me as well!"
"We have evidence that you seek him for revenge, and with the charge of doing drugs, you're not going anywhere," the staff replied.
"No, sir, I don't do drugs!" I was near to tears. "How many times should I stress I don't do drugs? I DON'T DO DRUGS!"
"Miss, if you don't control your emotions, I will have to call another staff."
"There's no need for that," I spoke as a tear slid down my cheek. "You're not gonna believe me no matter what I say."

I knew life was over at that point.  This sir didn't believe me, and being framed with two evidences, I was definitely heading straight towards jail.  Nobody's going to give me a chance.

In an hour, I was clothed with a striped pajama behind a barred room.  People across from me where whispering, telling each other how young I was and such a pity to be in a place like this at such a young age.  

Your POV~

"Minhwang!" Jeongmin called. "The phone's waiting for you!"
"Coming!" I shouted back.

Wondering who he or she would be, I quickly walked towards the phone in the living room.

"Hello, may I ask who is this?" I asked.
"Hello, is this Han Minyeon-shi?" a voice on the other end asked.
"Um, yeah, who is this?" I replied nervously.
"This is the Seoul Police Headquarters, and I'm here regarding your sister, Han Minjung," she said.
"What about my sibling?" I asked, cautious of my words.
"Well, she's been caught in a drug deal and has threatened to take someone's life. She currently has two charges, and a case for her has been opened."

I couldn't believe what I had just heard.  My unnie is in jail right now, suffering from the pain I don't know of.  Tears were filling my eyes, threatening to fall down like a waterfall.  I almost cried until the voice spoke again.

"Hello?"
"Sorry, do you need anything else?" I took a deep breath.
"There would be a court issue coming up next month, and would you like a word with her?"
"Yes, please."
"I need to tell you, both of you have a time limit of three minutes."

The woman was linking the call to another phone, presumably the phone in the jail building.  I heard quick and heavy footsteps, getting louder as I heard the familiar voice call out to me.

"Minyeon!" unnie shouted, her voice quavering.
"W-what happened to you?" I fought hard to hold my tears.
"Oh, dongsaeng, I've been framed! I've been framed!"
"Tell me what happened," I pleaded.
"The Starship administrator, watch out for him," unnie warned. "He's not a simple person.  He's got me, and he'll get you next."
"What are you talking about? What about the administrator?" I asked, totally confused by her words.
"He's the one who framed me. You better get away from him, or I don't know what will happen to you!"

These were my sister's last words to me before we hung up.  The three minutes were the scariest three minutes of my life. Unnie is framed, and because of that, she's in jail.  Now she tells me a Starship Entertainment administrator is going to get me.  What kind of a connection does he have with us?

Wait, did it have something to do with our parents' death? Was he the one that the letter was talking about? That he was the one who stole appa's presentation for his own? 

Is that why my family has fallen apart?