Bittersweet Sleep

From Dream and Ambition to Reality

Crystal’s POV

Without a word, Seunghyun went to his room, I suppose to try and fall asleep. Youngbae sat on the couch with Seungri, their heads resting in their hands. All of us had either tear stained faces or glassy eyes. Suzi sat down against a wall next to the tv and called me over to her.

“Dorawa,” she ordered softly, and I complied. She repeated herself towards Hana and she too came to sit on her other side. Gently she pulled our heads towards her shoulders and we sat there for a while, resting against her.

“Yah. I bet I’m a better pillow than her,” Seungri complained, apparently trying to remain as if things were normal. He motioned for Hana and I while YB just rolled his eyes and then slightly smiled as Hana got a nod and chuckle of permission from eomma. I just shook my head and switched positions so that Suzi could rest her head on me for a change. It looked like she was about to fall asleep anyways.

It didn’t take long before the two maknae’s fell asleep on the couch, her head resting gently between his chest and his shoulder. So many girls would kill to have his arm around them as his was now around Hana.

“Suzi-ah,” Jiyoung whispered tiredly from just around the corner. He had been in his room and it looked like he was having a hard time sleeping. I nudged her head off my shoulder and pointed to the leader who motioned for her.

Stretching, she followed him out of my site. Ok. So technically she crawled on all fours. ‘Great. Thanks mom,’ I thought sarcastically. ‘Ya lazy .’ It was just me and Taeyang now, and it was extremely uncomfortable until he finally spoke.

“I don’t want to be really awkward but if you want to, you can sleep in my room. I can use the floor,” he offered in English.

I smiled and laughed a little before nodding and standing up. I followed his blushing face down the hall before he opened his room’s door. “Just, uh, you can use this,” he said, apparently switching to English for me. Thank God. I caught his t-shirt and basketball shorts that he tossed at me and went to the bathroom to change. When I came back he was already sleeping on a foam mattress at the end of his bed with his usually gel-d up hair laying awkwardly down the middle of his head. He still looked cute though.

I slid into the covers and fell asleep on the cushiony bed above him. I felt bad for having him sleep on the floor but come to think of it, he probably wouldn’t have let it be any other way.

My emotions were spent. I couldn’t keep my eyes open any longer and my mind quickly gave no hesitation to letting the drowsiness take full effect as I prayed that my dreams would have something positive to say.

Suzi’s POV

Neither of us was crying but our hearts were, and we both knew it. I sat next to him, our backs leaning against the side of his bed. “So what do you think I should do?” he asked slowly.

I looked at him, his exhausted eyes staring into nothing in front of him. “At this moment I’m not sure. But if you really want to know what I usually do, I guess I can tell you. One day, just let all your feelings out to one person and then stay strong for the others through the rest. It helps me keep my cool,” I said and then reached up to grab a pillow. “Getting sleep also helps. I suggest you rest now. And I won’t take no for an answer,” I added as I laid down, my feet facing him and my head towards the end of the bed.

I half-smiled when he sighed and got into his own bed as I closed my eyes. It felt weird to be that way towards him but it seemed like the only way to get each other to fall asleep.

Hana’s POV

I guess I was half asleep. All I knew was that the sun was trying to get through the blue-ish morning clouded atmosphere and I didn’t like it. But at least there was something cuddly next to me. Kind of felt like a stuffed animal. I hugged it closer to me and buried my face in it to block out the dim light approaching my eyes. It smelled almost like a spring rain and I started to fall asleep again until that spring rainy stuffed animal started to shift slightly and hug me closer.

‘Oh my God it moved!’ I yelled in my head as my eyes opened. Slowly, without moving my head too much, I found the source of the disturbance. Seungri was still there only we were lying across one end of the couch. It had a foot rest that flipped out as well as a back rest that folded down to make a mini-bed-like furnishing.

“S-Seu-ng-ri?” I asked, still feeling the effects morning had on my voice and muscles. My heart was working just fine though. It let me know that loud and heavily. Was I breathing? Yeah. I think so.

Then I heard movement down the hallway which finally triggered my senses to get up and shove him away. ‘Daesung,’ I thought. ‘Stupid Seungri. You had to be a perfect distraction didn’t you?’ I continued with a pout while I made my way awkwardly off the lay-out portion of the couch.

I barely made it half-way down the hall when I heard a whiney sound coming from behind me.

“Yah~~, where’d my plushy go?”

“Ugh. To check on Daesung. Now shut up. I’m still tired,” a low, mono-toned, and fuzzy-like voice said from the kitchen. I stopped and turned around, recognizing the voice. I went back down the hall and then peered around the corner, through the cut out in the kitchen wall, to see Suzi standing in front of the fridge. Well, more like slouched. “Eomma? When the-“

“-hell did you get over there?” Seungri asked, finishing off my question. “And what’s with this rude, Ms. Attitude thing? I’m older here!.. Not much older granted.. But still! You know you should-“ I placed my hand over his mouth before he even got to standing up. Turning her head, Suzi’s morning, deep green, doe-like eyes glared at him sleepily, making it all the more intimidating. The unimpressed expression she had on her face turned back towards the fridge with a mischievous smirk.

“Bwoh?!” he mumbled into my hand. I took it off and gave him my own unimpressed expression before shaking my head with a sigh. “Don’t piss her off in the mornings. She hasn’t had her sugar yet,” I warned innocently with a loud whisper.

“So she’s normally like this without her energy?” Jiyoung asked, stretching as he randomly walked up behind me, who barely jumped. I’m not easily scared unless I’m in a more care-free mood.

“Or if she didn’t have us,” Crystal yawned, making her way into the kitchen to give Suzi a small hug before sitting on the counter top.

“If who didn’t have us?” Seunghyun asked sleepily. “Why do you guys have to be so noisy?”… “Oh wait. That was my alarm. Crap. Nevermind,” he said and lied down onto the couch, closing his eyes again.

“Okay, stop with the randomly appearing people already,” I complained slightly, scratching at the air. (Imagine P.O and the swan impersonation if you’re a BBC. If not, try a cat attacking a ball of non-existant yarn)

I left the crowded living area and successfully made it to Daesung’s door. I knocked on it gently before announcing my presence. “Daesung-nim. It’s Hana. I’m just coming in for a little while. Is that ok?” I asked. My heart was beating so fast again, I wasn’t sure if I would be able to hear his answer. I waited, but didn’t get one. “Okay~, well if you don’t answer with 2 knocks, I’ll leave I guess. I just wanted to sit with you and talk with you about normal stuff,” I prodded. I waited a few more seconds before hearing 2 thuds on the door.

With a heart-felt smile, I slowly stepped in and shut the door behind me. Looking down at my feet, there lay two Doremon stuffed toys. Laughing a bit I picked them up and brought them back over to Daesung. I tried my best to keep a smile on my face. But it was so hard. His was completely gone. It was as emotionless as ancient statues, chilly as the tundra, and as breathtaking as skydiving. Only I couldn’t find the parachute latch to pull. My heart felt like it was shattering over and over again, on a never ending roll of film. ‘Uh-oh,’ I thought. ‘I might need more than just a positive mind set right now.’

Crystal’s POV

It felt better knowing Daesung had someone in there with him during a time like this. I’m sure eomma felt the same. “Su, where you going?” I questioned with a small laugh as the sleepwalker made her way to the door.

She stopped and barely turned to me. “Starbucks,” she replied blankly, lifting her hand to show a gift card between her fingers.

“In that?” Jiyoung asked, lifting his head from the coffee table he sat next to.

I saw her look down, sigh, walk to G, flick his forehead, say “you ” in English, and walk back to the kitchen where she promptly laid down on her back and closed her eyes.

“I have no clue what just happened but it was weirdly entertaining,” Youngbae smiled lightly. His hair was spiked up again and he was already dressed casual but cleanly as usual.

“Eomma, give me food,” I smiled down at her. Suzi fell asleep on kitchen floors often for some reason, so this was a normal site for me.

She opened one eye and raised an eyebrow. “Rice,” I added, and with a sigh she stood up and gave me a microwaveable bowl out of the fridge that she and Jiyoung ate out of last night before going to sleep for the 3rd time. I only know this because I couldn’t sleep well either so I had gotten up and found then both eating in the kitchen.

“Microwave it yourself though. I don’t feel like doing much,” she said. I pouted a bit but went with her wishes on this one, microwaving it myself. As I ate, slowly the others came to eat along with me, but we all remained silent. I’m pretty sure everyone’s mind was on Daesung too. Especially since people around the world have already gotten a tweet, FB message, or a tumblr post about it. ‘Oh beautiful rice,’ I thought in a prayerful tone, ‘make life taste as good as you soon. You’re really very yummy and satisfying. Or at least distract us somehow.’