Thank You And... Goodbye...

From Dream and Ambition to Reality

Hana’s POV

I squealed quietly as I tried to steady my breathing.

“Eh? What was that? Is this uncomfortable?” Daesung asked softly from above me.

“A-A-Anniyo. My heart is just cussing at me right now,” I replied with an amused but slightly awkward smile as I let out a breath.

He laughed a bit as he sat on my left, his hand moving from around my right shoulder to play gently with my hair. My bangs swayed a bit from his breath as his cheek rested on top my head. I could feel his small smile against me as he asked, “Aw, are you really that uncomfortable around me? Mianhae. I was being far too casual.” And with that he lightly pushed me away from the front of his chest.

I felt kind of bad now. It wasn’t because I was uncomfortable at all!

He looked spaced out into the confines of his room again. His arms rested on the tops of his bent knees.

I smiled a bit and lifted up his right arm, putting it back around my shoulder as I scooted closer to him and put my head on the area between his shoulder and chest again. ‘Ugh, I feel like a maknae today, but I don’t give a damn,’ I thought. ‘This guy needs someone right now, and if he needs a head pillow, I’ll be his freaking head pillow.’

He seemed a bit shocked at first, but smiling a bit more, he placed his head against mine once again and wrapped his arm around my waist. We both took in a deep breath. It wasn’t spring rain this time, but a soft vanilla. It soothed me so much, I decided to close my eyes and just listen to him speak randomly, responding every once in a while with a few words of my own or a laugh.

Suzi’s POV

“Grumpy old Tabi… Stupid diva boy,” I mumbled under my breath as I made my way to the kitchen to clean the dishes he and Seungri refused to do. I the water and filled one of the sinks up with soap water. I sighed as I began to scrape dirty bowls clean of rice, soy, and meat stains.

‘This is just that damn dream again,’ I thought as I paused in my actions when I felt two hands on my shoulders and a gentle presence looking over my right.

“Are you sure you don’t want any help? You’re the guest. You shouldn’t have to do these chores,” the leader offered.

I thought about it for a second. I didn’t want to trouble him, but I wanted to get them done faster. “Could you please?” I asked with a helpless smile. He nodded and I scooted over a bit so he could stand next to me. Jiyoung cleaned and then handed me them to dry off and place in the dedicated cabinets.

I had just put the last dish away and closed the small wooden door when I turned around, welcomed by a gentle embrace. “Thank you,” he whispered, his English containing a slight but calming accent. I smiled into his white printed tee.

“Anytime,” I replied gently. The rest of the day continued quietly but satisfactory. Daesung had come out of his room for a bit to eat with the rest of us during lunch, but he retreated once again to his room until later that night when he came out to take a shower. Crystal had tried to get him to eat dinner but he kindly refused, saying his stomach wasn’t going to be welcoming a full meal anytime soon.

Jiyoung had gone into the office before he fell onto the bed next to my place on the floor. The last thing I remembered was him tossing and turning. Sometime throughout my sleep I heard another male voice and G talking, and then I felt a slight movement of my body. But, I was too drunk from slumber to even care to open my eyes.

The next morning GD’s alarm clock went off for the second time, only this time it successfully pried my body out of bed to shut it off. “Yah. Leader Kwon. Next time move your sorry to turn off your own ala- … Jiyong-ah?“ I asked aloud, suddenly realizing he wasn’t on his bed. But I was. I smiled a bit and then yawned. ‘My back thanks you Jiyoung,’ I thought but then became a bit curious again as to why he hadn’t woken up as well. Looking over to the side of where I laid, I gazed upon an empty floor.

“Jiyoung-ah~” I groaned, still trying to awaken my vocal cords, let alone my legs that slowly took me out the open door.

GD’s POV

That voice sent a chill down my back. I shook it off, before I walked out of the living area to find her brushing her teeth in the bathroom. She looked embarrassed, catching her in her morning routine. ‘Let’s see how good your English is,’ I thought, thinking to possibly challenge myself. I hadn’t had to speak fluent English for a while. “I’m sorry if the alarm woke you up.”

She made a dorky ‘ok’ sign with her fingers as her eyes squinted to signify a smile. I rolled around the door frame so that my back was against the hall wall. I heard her finish with her brushing before she stepped out a bit surprised that I was still there. “What are you doing up so early?” she asked.

“To think, and, I wanted to talk with you and your friends,” I replied. I’m not sure whether it was a good move or not.

“Uh-..o-okay,” she said hesitantly. I messed with the hem of my black wife beater while I lead her to the couch. She sat down beside me, at a distance however.

“We’re not being too much trouble right?” she asked. There was a glazed worry in her eyes, her eyebrows slightly inverted.

“No-no, it isn’t that. I think-,” I sighed, changing back to Korean in order to get my full point across. “-I think you girls would do better under a different company and manager right now. Our group is going through and will be going through some rough patches, and we don’t want your trip here to be centered on worrying about us.” When she didn’t answer me I continued, although it was hard. Her eyes were cast downward and her hands nonchalantly massaged each other. I took it as being her nervous habit. Her teeth caught a slight portion of her bottom lip. It was like a mix of disappointment, confusion, and concentration, and it was a killer. “I spoke with YG last night and he agreed that the environment here would get too stressful. I didn’t have too much say in the next part of this, but I feel in a way he’s right in his decision.”

“And what’s that?” she asked. It wasn’t in a rude way, but it was firm.

“You, Crystal, and Hana-ah are going to move in under Brave Sound. They’ll likely room you guys next to U-Kiss. That way you can still get daily dance techniques and be more comfortable around a group that has a good majority of English speakers.”

“I have no idea how to feel right now,” she said with a laugh. Her eyes were still a bit glossy, but a strong, soft smile was planted between her soft cheeks. “Thank you though. I understand. I’m sure you guys need your space now, and I’m happy to give it to you.” I smiled, letting out a small breath of relief. She gave me a hug which I embraced gladly.

After a few more words, she and I went to wake up the other members to explain the plan of action that would take place this afternoon.

Daesung’s POV

I couldn’t believe it. Those girls had a heart of gold. “Thank you so very, very much,” I said, easily able to pull off a smile from the gratitude I felt towards them. I gave each one a small kiss on the top of their head and made sure Hana-ah got a long hug from me before they exited our dorms. She had stayed by my side quite literally that one day. I had needed it too. I’m sure if I sat in there completely alone, I would have drove myself insane.

The girl was so adorable. Come to think of it, she kind of smelled like cotton candy. ‘Wait… why am I just realizing this?’ I thought, watching as the other members said their goodbyes. ‘Why am I think of this at all?’ I drew in a quick but unnoticed breath of air. ‘Ah! I must like her. Aw~ but I can’t. That would be mean. I mean, to her. To her feelings that is. What I mean is, she might not like me the way I like her- aw, forget it,’ I sighed, waving to them as YG himself led them back to their dorms for packing.

‘My head is so scatter-brained right now, I think I just need to forget it… aw~, but I like cotton candy,’ I pouted, bickering with myself, and then sat down on the couch of the living room where the members began to relax as well. “I caused this, I’m sorry,” I said, bowing my head away from their eyes.

“Yah, it’s not your fault okay?” Seunghyun stated.

“TOP-hyung is right. Besides. If there has to be a badass of the group it’s me,” Seungri smirked, lightening the mood as I playfully punched his arm.

“In all seriousness though,” our leader began, “we need to lie this down flat and go over everything we need to. Once the worst is over, we can roll it back up and put it away for good.” We all nodded in agreement. I knew there wasn’t a chance in hell I could forget the things I saw or felt. But the last thing I wanted to do was make this harder on everyone else. Manager-hyung and Jiyoung, I feel more comfortable with, and would be able to help me through this. I knew they could. It just might take a while. I would just have to keep telling myself that it probably would be all over within a few weeks.

‘I sure hope those girls will feel much more comfortable at the U-Kiss dorms.’

Narrator’s POV

“Yah~ Suzi-ah~,” Sungjong smiled, clinging to the short girl’s shoulders as he carried her backpack and two bags full of random items.

“Aish, that guy,” Minsoo grumbled under his breath. Changjo sighed and simply picked up a few of the small suitcases from Crystal’s room.

“I got that,” Dongwoo smiled, taking the two bags off of Sungjong’s arms. “Mach-o Mach-o Man~” he sang loudly as he strutted like an idiot out into the building’s hallway.

Aigoo, where did you even learn that song,” Hana whined. A headache was growing fast on the right side of her head.

“Me,” Hoya whispered before skipping out after him with Hana’s workout bag cradled in his arms.

“Of course,” she stated with blank sarcasm.

“So, uh- … Is that it?” L Joe asked, coming back into Hana’s room with empty hands. The short haired girl nodded and walked out of the room, closing the door.

“Are those two still clinging to her?” Niel whispered to Myungsoo. Both of them looked over to find Suzi walking back in, happily telling Dongwoo and Sungjong about her trip to Alaska.

“Yup,” he replied. Both shook their heads and caught up with Crystal and Chunji of to who wouldn’t stop being awkward around her. And yet they still talked with each other a lot.

Wherever you are, baby you’ll stay in my heart. We will neva be apart. You’re my L.O.V.E.R-R, L.O.V.E-“ Suzi’s phone rang, and she pulled it out of her pocket. “Yeoboseyo?”

“Pst, SuSu~” Ricky cooed.

“Ne oppa?” She smiled, excited her 'adoptive' older brother called her up to talk.

“Minsoo-hyung and Changjo are jealous, kbye~” he laughed and then hung up. So much for the talking part.

Ricky had previously been talking with Changjo on the phone, and wondered why he sounded so dazed. He got his answer and decided to share the knowledge.

“I don’t know if you can tell Su, but you’re blushing again,” Crys whispered and then smiled. “I’ll meet everyone downstairs!” she called, receiving a series of ‘okay’s and ‘arrasseo’s.

“You guys go ahead and head down, I’ll be there soon,” Suzi said to the two who were waiting to hear more about the moose on the roads.

Reluctantly they agreed and left with Hoya, Hana, and Niel. “Don’t kill each other,” the eomma called to what she thought of as a pack of 7 year olds filing into one confined cube of entertaining buttons to push. They gave a few mysterious snickers that made Suzi cringe, but she brushed it aside and went back to her eonnie’s room.

Suzi's POV

“Um… Chunji?” I asked, wondering why he was stuffing a pillow to his face and smiling like it was a flower. His expression took a turn around when he realized I had come in. “Uh- right. Time to go,” he said quickly and left hastily with the pillow under his arm. ‘Oi, I don’t even know what to say anymore,’ I thought, pushing the weird encounter out of my mind.

I shut the door on my way out and was about to go into my room but Changjo and CAP came out; shutting it for me, saying there wasn’t anything else they could find that may have been mine. I nodded, trusting their judgment and left with them from our dorm. It was strangely quiet until we got to the elevator. “So I heard you’ve been to Alaska noona,” Changjo smiled. He stood on the other side of CAP.

“Ne,” I laughed a bit. It was cute. He was listening in on my conversation with Dongwoo and Sungjong. “It’s absolutely beautiful up there.”

‘Not as beautiful as your eyes,’ Changjo thought. “I bet! You’re so lucky to have seen a place like that,” he said.

“Maybe we could take you out to Jeju Island. It might be hard to compare to the Alaskan landscape, but I bet it’s just as beautiful in it’s own right,” Minsoo smiled, making Suzi’s eyes stick to him like hot tar. His smile had an enchanting effect on her, and she cursed it for being so hard to look away from.

“I’d love that!” she breathed happily. “I’ve always wanted to see it up close. Pictures sometimes can’t do a place justice.”

“Oh, and Changjo,” Suzi began as they stepped out into the lobby of the building. His attention was imidiate as he fell in step beside her. “You don’t have to call me noona, remember? It’s cuter than hell, but not necessary. I don’t feel that you’re that much younger than me.” Her words lit up his eyes like a disco ball.

He nodded and walked out the door that CAP held open for them. “Pali eomma!” Crys called from the van. Chunji had already hugged the crap out of her, defending himself by saying that he was giving hugs for Ricky who had to stay at the studio today. To prove it he gave an extra one to Suzi as well, knowing Ricky loved his little American sister. CAP gave Hana a goodbye hug first, claiming her as his sister. They had gotten along well, both having a mutual feeling that Chunji’s head was small and awkward looking. At least that’s where it started off.

Dongwoo and Sungjong had to leave quickly if they were ever going to get to go eat the food they wanted before their manager caught up with them. So their hugs were short and sweet before they took off in a taxi.

“Bye-bye~” Niel smiled and waved as Hana slid into the van. She waved back happily and discussed a few things about getting everyone together again soon. We all agreed and Suzi finally slid into the seat nearest the open door, post blushing from the long group hug she got from Changjo and Minsoo.

“So it’s off to live with the mental patients?” Suzi asked jokingly with a sigh.

“No. That’s SuJu,” Hana smiled. “We’re going to live with the Strange People.”

“I’ll be sure to let them know they have an official label now,” Crys chuckled.