Laugh of... Love?

From Dream and Ambition to Reality

Narrator’s POV

“Yah! Dongwoo/Suzi!” Hana and Hoya chorused as they looked down the table to the two who were making the few people in the café, stare at them. From the window seats out it was, Hana, Hoya, Suzi. And then across the table in the same direction was, Sungyeol, Crystal, Dongwoo.

“Sorry~,” Suzi said as she looked down with embarrassment and quieted her laughing as Dongwoo did the same.

Crystal turned her head away from Dongwoo to face forwards again, although the (O_o) expression didn’t change. “Next time they should get their own table.”

“Or maybe they should just get a room,” Sungyeol mumbled with a grin and giggled after Hoya kicked his leg under the table. “What! What was that for?”

He kicked me!” Hoya retorted, gesturing to Dongwoo.

“So that was from me pabo. I could hear you,” he smirked, half embarrassed and half proud that the younger was feeling some pain.

“Well it’s true,” Sungyeol mumbled again but lifted his legs up after hearing Hoya give a yelp. “Kekeke~”

“Well this isn’t awkward or anything, but who wants to talk about something else,” said the eldest girl. In response, everyone but Sungyeol and Hana rasied their hands. The eyes of the others landed on them suspiciously.

“Well it was kind of entertaining,” Hana grinned smugly and got a high five from the boy across from her. Those not by the window simply rolled their eyes and went back to drinking their warm teas or hot chocolates. Dongwoo and Suzi could barely keep a conversation without giggling uncomfortably or blushing with too much eye contact. And soon they each began to notice it, so Hana made a plan.

“Dongwoo-ah,” she asked, getting his attention while Hoya and Suzi spoke about dance styles.

“Hm?”

“Do you think you could take Su home? She needs to put her ankle back on ice and take her pain killers,” she smiled. Crystal and Sungyeol listened to her suggestion and caught on, urging him in a ‘concerned-for-the-girl-and-her-health’ kind of a way. As opposed to ‘we-really-think-you-two-should-be-alone-together’ kind of way.

“Oh.. Uh, yeah,” Dongwoo said with a smile. He had forgotten about the girl’s injury.

“Su,” Crys perked up and the said girl looked her way. “Dongwoo’s going to take you home so that you can ice your foot and take your pills.”

“Uh..Oh! I forgot about that. Arraseo,” she smiled and carefully stood up with the boy on her side, helping her to the door.

“Good thinking,” Sungyeol grinned proudly at the maknae who thanked him. Crystal and Hoya simply shook their heads with a content smile.

“Now let’s just hope she doesn’t turn him down early,” Crystal spoke up with a sigh. The boys gave her curious glances.

Hana nodded and added, “Neh, our eomma is really flirtatious and/or kind to others, but she either attracts creepers or she turns down the good ones thinking that she would annoy them as a girlfriend.”

“I love her and all, but to be honest, it’s about time she had a boyfriend,” Crys said with a little laugh.

“Well, if it’s not too personal, when was the last time she was with someone?” Hoya asked, concerned for his best friend. Suzi didn’t seem too immature or anything but Dongwoo probably wouldn’t get along with an insecure type for a girlfriend right off the bat.

“Uh.. Well she’s had a few ‘things’ with a few guys over the last few years,” Hana smiled, unsure of what to do. She wasn’t too comfortable spilling on her friend when she wasn’t around to give permission in doing so.

“When was her last serious relationship,” Sungyeol interrogated, also feeling protective of his hyung. He also thought Suzi was a nice girl, but didn’t know if a further relationship would be best.

“4-ish years ago…” Hana finally said truthfully(she’s a Gemini, what do you expect). Considering Su wasn’t exactly a busy idol with a tight schedule and a good looking girl, it wasn’t saying she was very experienced at all in the relationship field. The other two girls had already been in two stable ones that lasted a while; the last being only about 8 months ago for Crystal, and 1 year for Hana. The maknae wasn’t one who could be caught by the heart easily. Even in this situation, although her nerves made her heart race sometimes, she knew Hoya, Dongwoon, Soohyun, and even Daesung would have to work to win her over if they really wanted.

---

Suzi’s POV

Quietly, Dongwoo and I entered the building without anyone noticing hopefully. Although I was still riding piggy-back, so I’m not too sure of how subtle that would be. After successfully making it to the girl dorms I handed him my key and he opened the door. “On the couch?” he asked, questioning me as to where I’d like to rest.

“Yeah, the side with the…thing,” I said pointing to the foot rest. Another word I wasn’t sure of in Korean. He laughed at my awkward usage of the language before setting me down where he inferred I wanted to be placed.

“Suzi?” I heard Eli call from the doorway. We hadn’t closed it after coming through.

“Annyeong!” I called and looked over to the door.

“Oh… Annyeonghaseyo~,” Dongwoo smiled with a bow. Eli returned the gesture with surprise as to his presence. “I’m just helping Suzi with her ankle.”

“Ah, good good,” Eli smiled before clearing his throat, shutting the door, and making his way over to me. “Hey,” he smiled, sitting on my right. “You didn’t walk on it much did you?”

“English huh?”I thought. “What kind of game are we playing here Kim Eli?” I shook my head with a smile. “Nope. Dongwoo let me ride piggy back so that I didn’t strain it and all that.” I looked at him then with my head tilted a bit to the side. “What brings you here? Do you still need to practice flashcards?”

“Nah, not really. I was coming here to talk in privet but I guess a different language is about as alone as we’re going to get,” he sighed.

I think my stomach about dropped out of place and my heart had a seizure. “Please don’t ask me what I think you will.”

“So if you’ve been wondering why I’ve been all over you with questions and random get-togethers, it’s because a certain member is crushing on you a bit. And Soohyun-hyung also thinks he’s being a sneaky match maker so he kind of forces me to interrogate you,” he explained. I couldn’t help but smile with amusement at this point but nodded for him to continue.

“Here you go,” Dongwoo smiled gently, and carefully placed the cloth wrapped bag of ice on my left ankle. “Is that okay?” I nodded and thanked him. “Where are the pills?”

“In my room, on my bed,” I replied and he got up in search of my room. “Last door on the right!” I called out before turning back to the pigeon impersonator.

“Before we get any further in the conversation,” I began, taking a breath of confidence. “If you wouldn’t mind telling Soohyun that I really don’t think it would be a good idea to start a relationship so far across the world. Especially since I’ll be going back to school to finish my senior year. I wouldn’t have the chance to come back to Korea for another year or more.” I sighed, feeling like I was burning a child-hood toy, and placed my hand on his for comfort. “I’m really sorry. But let’s promise to be best friends for a long time… yeah?” I smiled with hope.

It took him a moment to gather his feelings I’m sure. But I’d been through this before so I was confident in keeping our friendship alive. “Yeah,” he said, finally smiling comfortably. He stood and ruffled my hair a bit. “I’ll even follow you on twitter,” he laughed and gave me a small kiss on the top of my head before heading towards the door. “Stay off that foot so that you can practice with us before we head off for Japan. Arraseo?”

“Neh, arraseo,” I grinned brightly. And with that Dongwoo had come into the living room once more as Eli shut the door behind him.

“Pills and water,” he smiled, handing them both to me.

“Komawo~. Yah, what took you so long?” I asked, a little concerned as to what he could have been looking for besides pain medication. It was pretty obviously in the middle of the bed. When he didn’t reply soon enough, my eyes widened and I reached out to slap him on the arm. “Yah!” I laughed. “You weren’t going through my drawers were you?! My unnie’s stuff is in there too~,” I whined.

“Aniyo!” he defended himself. “I.. kind of just happened to see your laptop open…”

“Oh God,”I thought.

“…and it had a screen saver up…”

“..”

“…and it kind of kept going through pictures of INFINITE..”

“Damn it,”I wept in my mind. “And~,” I said, reluctantly urging him to continue.

He laughed before sitting beside my foot. “I was wondering and proudly smiling as to why there were so many pictures of me and Taemin-sunbae of SHINee.”

I facepalmed before letting out a foremost embarrassed breath, and secondly a frustrated one. “Well, you already knew I biased you, and as for Taemin-ssi, my unnie must have been on my computer while I sat out here in self-pity.”

I saw him slouch more now with a confident gleam in his eye. “Ah, I see, so there’s not much competition then,” he laughed as my mouth hung open for a second. It was then that he realized what he just said aloud. “Oh- I.. Mianhae,” he said scratching his head and stood. “I think I should head back to our dorms. Manager-hyung will worry we ran away again,” he laughed as he continued to ramble. “Get better and rest fully!” he added quickly with a ‘hwiating’ fist before leaving me alone.

A few moments of silence passed before I spoke aloud to the empty room. “What the just happened?”

---

Meanwhile at BrandNewStardom

Zico tossed his phone on the floor and himself onto the couch, not allowing a single inch for anyone else to sit. “Ugh,” he grunted into the cushion.

“So you called her again?” Minhyuk asked as he lay on the floor facing the ceiling.

“Mhm…”

“And?”

“She can’t come.”

“Aww! Ani waeyo?” the tall dancer pouted as he to his side to face the leader. His elbow bent, and his hand came to rest under his head, giving it support.

“She messed up her ankle,” Jiho replied, turning his face out of the cushion to breathe and to look at his hyung.

“So no Sushi today?” Jihoon sorrowed as he entered the living area with a bag of chips, sitting down with his back against the couch.

“Aniyo,” the leader sighed. “Which means we get to be bored for another few days.”

“Actually it means boredom for longer than that,” Kyung sighed as he too entered the room. “PD-hyung said if she couldn’t show up today then that was it.”

“You mean no Sushi anymore at all?” the maknae asked looking up at his hyung who nodded. “Damn it. And that means no getting to know Hana better either,” he thought with a letdown feeling.

“Not unless you want to order some,” Minhyuk smirked, trying to lighten the mood.

Jiho chuckled and closed his eyes. “Nah, they don’t make that kind anymore,” he smiled.

“Next time, let’s use that in our lyrics,” Kyung grinned. “I personally found it cute. I’m sure she would too if she heard it.”

Jihoon smiled. “Y’know hyung, for you being as greasy as you are, you do come in handy sometimes for ideas.”

----

Back at the Girls’ Dorms – Rummaging Around

“Next time let’s not have them take us to the park arraseo?” Crystal blabbed as the two entered their dorm.

“Yeah whatever. It wasn’t that bad. You just didn’t feel like exploring, that’s all,” Hana smiled. “My feet hurt like hell but I’m not complaining.”

“No of course not,” Crys smiled back as the maknae shut the door. “You just happened to trip and land with Hoya on top of you, that’s all.”

“Good Lord guys, shut up… Wait, what time is it?” Suzi grumbled wiping her eyes.

“Like… holy sheet~!” Hana squeaked as she looked at the time on the microwave. “It’s past 10! We were out there for 2 hours straight.”

“Ha! Their manager is gonna kill them,” Crys gawked.

“Dude, who refilled my ice?” Suzi questioned after sitting up and finding only a third melted bag of ice on her ankle instead of the water filled one she had taken off before falling asleep. “Nevermind,” she smiled, seeing a note on the foot stool from Eli.

“So did you two kiss or what?” Hana called as she skipped down the hall.

“Mwoh?!” the girl’s head shot up from the note to face the voice coming from the bedroom door.

“Dongwoo came over here yes?” Crys prodded as she got herself some milk and a brownie.

“Well yeah, but no we didn’t kiss,” Su replied, her cheeks burning up uncontrollably due to her sleepy state. She put her hands to her face and rubbed it roughly to awaken herself more.

“Crap,” Hana frowned as she came back into the living room with her PJs on. “I guess we’ll have to tell them to start plan B.” Suzi’s eyes widened as her brows furrowed in shock and surprise.

Crystal sighed. “Or we could let them do all the work.”

“Unnie?” Hana began.

“Yes?”

“That thing is too lazy to do all the work,” she said, pointing to Su.

“Yah!” retorted the thing.

“Fine, you’re right. Activate plan B,” Crys gave in and sat down on the floor with Hana, turning on the TV. The maknae gave a mischievous giggle before typing out a text and pressing the send button.

Suzi looked over the maknae’s shoulder to see the phone screen light up the words: “Message sent to Purple Eater”.

“Hoya,”she thought and planted the couch pillow into her face. “Seriously. What the actual is going on today?”