Initial Shock

From Dream and Ambition to Reality

Narrator's POV

Crystal’s phone went off again and she sat quietly speaking with whoever it was on the other line while the others discussed what to do now that they were full.

“Well we can’t go and dance without getting sick, and walking doesn’t sound too exciting yet,” Hana sighed. The others nodded a bit in agreement and sat there, leaning back in content. Only small talk came up until Crystal pressed the red button on her phone and returned it to her pocket.

Crystal’s POV

“That was Big Bang’s manager,” I said a bit nervously. I was trying to keep as calm as possible.

“Oh, what did he need?” Suzi asked, leaning forward to see me.

“He says… He needs us over there to get our new schedules,” I pouted and heard my dongsaengs draw in a quick breath. It was silent for a little while before we slid out of the large booth. Minsoo insisted on giving Suzi a piggy back ride after we got outside and so naturally we all ended up getting to ride piggy back.

“Aw, but I wanted to carry Hana-ah,” Niel complained only partially kidding. L. Joe laughed as Hana patted Niel’s head beside her.

“Niel, I wouldn’t trust you with a puppy let alone a maknae,” he said, creating a bickering argument between the two, with poor Hana on L.Joe’s back having to try and stay neutral.

“Oppa?” I asked with my head on top of Ricky’s. He looked up a bit with his eyes and almost ran into a poll. Luckily Changjo pulled him aside again. “Can Chunji oppa carry me now? I want to see things from higher up.”

He pouted so cutely but then laughed and put me down so I could transfer over to Chunji’s back. “Yay,” I chuckled with a grin. “I’m tall~!” I sang with enthusiasm.

“Me too!” Suzi exclaimed brightly, her arms and hands making wave motions in front of her and Minsoo. “Teehee, Hana loses finally!” she giggled, and the next thing we saw was a pebble flying at the back of her head followed by a certain maknae with a menacing grin and a creepy but cute ‘ke-ke-ke’.

Narrator’s POV

They all arrived in the conference room, still riding piggy back and laughing. Seeing the manager, the boys bowed with the girls still on their backs. “Annyonghaseyo,” they chimed with bits of awkward chuckles and then set the girls down.

“Annyong, are you girls ready?” he smiled, papers in hand, waiting to be signed. The girls would have to give the company their written promise to not let certain things they may learn get out to the public, etc. The three nodded and drew in a nervous breath when he handed out the envelopes.

“Open ‘em, open ‘em!” Ricky cheered as he bounced a bit on the balls of his feet, standing close behind Crystal with his hands on her shoulders.

Suzi tore hers open like a mad woman, yet somehow managed to tear it perfectly along the lining of the triangular shaped lip. She didn’t open the folded paper yet however. She wanted to wait until the others opened theirs too.

“Open it unnie,” Hana prodded after she and Crystal took out their papers.

CAP put comforting, strong hands on her shoulders and shared a confident smile with her. The paper made a slight scratch as the edge made friction against the surface of the top of itself. Suzi’s eyes darted to the first sign of capital letters and squealed and jumped up and down, making CAP and Chunji who stood behind her jump back a bit.

“Calm. Down,” Hana said with a little laugh. “Geeze. Who is it?” she asked as Crystal facepalmed at her friend’s reaction that they had been practicing to NOT do.

“Block B!” she exclaimed with a bright smile and CAP ruffled her hair.

“Omona, wow!” Hana grinned and gave her friend a hug. Crystal did the same. Both knew how much she respected the new rookie group. They also realized that Suzi didn’t go and immideiately fix her hair after it was ruffled. “She must really be crushing on him,” Crystal thought with a laugh. The Eomma would usually slap anyone who tried to mess up her hair.

“Noona, your eyes are sparkling,” Changjo laughed. “I thought stories made that kind of thing up.”

Suzi shook her head. “Nope,” she said still smiling and swaying from the excitement. “Now you guys open yours up.”

“Yay! I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!” Hana said with a few cute jumps in a circle. “Beast!” she said in a very high pitched sing song voice.

Everyone ‘wow’ed at the maknae’s given group and congratulated her as well. Niel gave her a cute hug from the side, giving L. Joe consent to shove him off and playfully scold him.

“Unnie’s turn!” Suzi sang, happy for her dongsaeng’s news. Beast was a huuuuuge love of Hana’s.

“Ricky, Chunji? You may want to hold her arms. Her knees might give out if she gets a group she really likes,” Hana smiled, her and Suzi still bouncing a bit with excitement.

Ricky gently took hold of one arm and Chunji the other, as Crys opened the letter. She opened but nothing came out. Her eyes widened and froze like that.

“OMONA!” Ricky exclaimed. "Wow! They're really good!"

“That’s incredible!” Chunji clapped, but grabbed back onto Crystal as her legs gave out from under her. Ricky and he cautiously sat her down as everyone else came to sit down by her. Suzi put the back of her hand against Crys’ forehead.

“Unnie!” she exclaimed after she looked at the letter. “Oh my God!!!” she exclaimed again in English.

“Mwoh?!” Hana said in shock as she too saw the group Crystal was placed with. “No way! That’s amazing!”