Vacay Inside a Vacay

From Dream and Ambition to Reality

Narrator’s POV

A full three days had passed and the girls were finished talking about their third day of training in their designated groups. Crystal, Hana, and Suzi were all asleep, but it wasn’t until after Crys woke up that the idea formed into a plan.

“Oh, oh, oh! Wake up! I have an idea!” Crys said brightly as she aggressively shook her dongsaeng’s shoulders.

“Mmmm,” was the only aggravated sound that came from the girls’ throats.

“What?” Hana said finally in an unhappy tone. She could be scary when she woke up.

“So you know how we barely see each other anymore?” Crys asked in an intro to her plan. The others nodded and listened as their unnie spewed another amazing idea. She was known to come up with simple but profitable outcomes.

Suzi’s POV

“Annyeonghaseyo~” I sang with a lift in my step. The leader and Kyung were rapping a song they composed in the recording room while the others relaxed on the couch.

They sang back, some being more cheerful than the others. P.O. came up behind me and laid his head on top of mine. Apparently sleeping as he groggily whined, “Yah, Suzi-ah. I’m tired. You be a pillow?”

I laughed at his aegyo and sat down on the floor in front of the couch. He lay back down across his hyungs and rested his head on my shoulder. “Where’s Jaehyo-nim?” I asked, realizing he wasn’t in the room.

“He’s feeling a little gloomy so he stayed back. It’s mostly just a freestyle day so he said he’d just write some lyrics in bed,” Minhyuk explained. I nodded and then smiled.

“Annyeonghaseyo Suzi-ah,” Kyung beamed as he stepped out of the studio. Zico came out behind him and smiled as well, biding me a good morning. “Why so cheerful?”

“I have an idea. And it might give Jaehyo-nim some ideas and maybe a more cheerful outlook,” I chirped.

There was an awkward pause… then some glances… then smiles. Yay. That’s what I was looking for!

“We’re listening,” Taeil smiled.

Crystal’s POV

Onew. I’ll propose the idea to him first. Mmm-no. Never mind. Jonghyun! Yeah, he’d go with it. Taemin would probably be up to just getting out in the first place. Minho would probably be excited for the whole outdoor and possibility of sport competition. Then Key would go because he needs to look after his Minnie and J-Jong. Then Onew would be outnumbered and have no choice because he needs to take care of his younger members.

“Hey Joooonghyuuuun-niiiim~?” I began as I strolled into the lounge area where the boys sat or laid motionless. He simply looked up and smiled.

“Annyeong,” he replied and the others acknowledged me with similar greetings.

“Can I ask you soooomething~?” I asked and he nodded. I used my index finger and chided him to come out the door with me. He pouted but eventually stood up. We got outside the door and closed it behind us.

“What’s on your mind?” he said after a sigh.

“Well I have a plan, but I’m wondering what your plans are for today. Is there any rehearsing or anything?” I asked and he thought for a moment before shaking his head.

“Anniyo… Wait… Wae? Did Taemin ask you out?!” he asked excitedly.

“….” I stood there for probably a solid minute before blinking and shutting my mouth. “Anniyo. I’m going to talk to you about that later, but for now back to my actual idea.”

He pouted a bit before becoming more attentive.

Hana’s POV

“I have an idea~” I grinned as I stood next to Doojoon in line at the vending machine.

“Tell,” Yoseob grinned back as he popped up from behind me, leaning over, practically leaning on my arm.

I patted his head as Junhyung leaned over on top of Yoseob, his Pikachu in hand. “What’s up?” he asked with curiosity.

Doojoon turned around with a water bottle he now pathetically struggled to open, and then Hyunsung and Dongwoon turned their attention to me as well. I cackled a bit, cutely, but evilly. The effect of the ‘deer-in-headlights’ look I got was definitely a plus.

“Oh, come on,” I laughed. “It’s not bad! It’s fun!”

“Aish! Just say it already!” Hyunsung smiled with anticipation.

Narrator’s POV

The girls all skipped towards each other, away from the three confused groups of boys. They laughed at their cheesy actions while the sand sunk into the crevasses between the small limbs of their feet with a spongy feel.

“Hyungs!” Block B smiled towards Beast as they yelled the same to SHINee who simply smiled and waved and bowed softly.

“This is probably the worst and best idea ever,” Suzi smiled brightly. She was looking at the ground with burning cheeks. It was the whole SHINee and, more than that, Choi Minho thing.

Hana’s eyes were wide as she was trying hard not to squeal by laughing a bit. Her excuse was the whole Lee Jinki/Onew thing. Plus her second in bias line, Key. “Keep chill,” she thought to herself. “Breathe.”

All three groups introduced themselves to the girls, and somewhat needlessly, to the other groups.

Block B got together on a nearby rock wall that over looked the waters and began to think of ideas for songs, using their surroundings as inspirations. Hana joined them, sitting on the end by P.O., a fellow maknae, helping when she was sought to for creativity.

Suzi hung out with SHINee after being allowed to release some fangirling urges. She remained fairly professional however, as she worked well under this kind of pressure. Key, Jonghyun, and Taemin all went onto a dock close by to dance Lucifer with her after they found out she still remembered a majority of it.

Crystal spoke a lot to Junhyung and Doojoon about the creative aspects of music, and then got along well with Kikwang on the personal aspects, such as the differences in culture, likes and dislikes, as well as making corny jokes towards one another.

Soon they all got together and played a few games. First they started out with Frisbee, then soccer, but that became too difficult in the sand so they moved up to the abandoned parking lot. There, they continued with other sports. Basketball was last but eventually people began to drop out from either annoyance or exhaustion. Crystal sat out first, soon joined by Onew, Key, P.O, Zico, Hyunseung, Yoseob, and Hana. She felt bored with the sport now and wanted something else to do. Taeil came out soon after them, followed by Junhyung, Kikwang, Kyung, and Taemin.

Suzi pouted a bit, realizing half her team was gone, but shook it off when she realized Minho had the ball again. She knew he was competitive. Everyone did. But there wasn’t a chance in hell she was going to quit. Not until he did or she almost died. Whatever came first.

UKwon set a block for the frog prince, but was knocked down in the process by Jonghyun’s strong shoulder. “Aish,” he sighed. “I think I’m done now hyungs. Good game though,” he smiled wearily and exited the court with applause from in front and behind him.

Hana sighed. “Suzi needs to say something. She’s not able to play the way she likes.”

“Oh, does she have different rules?” Onew asked curiously. His eye contact with her made her words disappear and so her unnie had to speak up.

“Anniyo. She just plays a little…” Crys began. She knew this would go erted. Beast was there for Pete’s sake. “She plays rough.”

Kikwang and Yoseob shared a glace before laughing loudly as they were playfully smacked by Hyunsung and Junhyung.

“Yah! Eomma!” Crystal shouted. The shortest standing called a time out before giving her full attention to her. “Ask them to play how you like to.”

“Um. Ok? And how’s that?” Suzi replied, not understanding.

“Rough!” Hana and Yoseob shouted as they grinned with ersion and then laughed seeing the eomma roll her eyes and return to the game.

The only ones left were Doojoon, Dongwoon, Minho, Jonghyun, and Suzi on the court. Both Beast members remained on Suzi’s team but Doojoon tired out after his last shot. With a breathless apology he left and sat down.

Minho didn’t feel comfortable enough yet, so Jonghyun ended up being the first one to go up for the lay up and go right through the defender.

Suzi looked up from the ground she just fell onto with a smile. The worried look on the dinosaur’s face turned into a smile as well after he helped her back up. “Well it’s about time,” she laughed. The rest of the game continued like this until it was just Suzi and Minho. The rules had even disappeared and it turned into street ball. Even though the height was of laughable measures, she had gender on her side.

Minho was competitive but was being too worrisome about knocking her over too hard. She used all her strength and plowed into the defense’s gut, making him stumble back a bit and giving her a clean lay-up. Now they were tied and were given no choice by the others but to call it game and go set up the picnic.

Junhyung’s POV

First of all the food was amazing. Second of all, I had no idea Suzi was a Pokemon lover too. We talked about that for a good five minutes before I saw Doojoon glancing over with a ‘please-shut-the-hell-up’ look on his face. What the hell am I supposed to do? Talk about the game and how he got his whooped? Haha XD

Hana’s POV

While Suzi and Junhyung were annoying the hell out of Doojoon, I was secretly planning the domination of the world with Yoseob, Jonghyun, and P.O. Every once in a while Onew and UKwon would pitch in. I figured they’d have some good ideas, but daaamn. Kekeke. I swear if we actually carried this out, we’d have full control of everything from street light colors to which way the world turned.

Zico’s POV

Crystal is pretty chill to hang with. It’s pretty cool. Plus I think she’s trying to hook us up with her friends, because she keeps telling us things about them. Like what their favorite colors are, favorite flowers, foods, shows… all that. It’s awkward. I mean I guess it’s not bad, because they’re not unfriendly or bad looking. Especially… yeah. Okay, so Crys wasn’t actually only talking about that, but those are the things I’ve been catching onto. Selective hearing is a nice skill to master. Other than this, it seems Kyung was too busy trying to flirt with Crystal to notice Minhyuk stealing his food and then Yoseob and Hana carrying a large bucket of water up behind him.

Casually I stood up and stretched and then backed up a bit. He didn’t notice anything… until of course a large and cold gallon of water rushed from the top of his head, down the insides of his white shirt. Expression? Like someone told him he’d never get laid.

Yoseob’s POV

“Run!” I squealed and left the empty bucket behind as me and the cutie made a break for the docks. Is this a good place to go if you’re trying to escape? No.. But oh well. ^_^.

The sand cushioned our jump off the seven foot drop off from the parking lot to the beach. I face planted but rolled away gracefully. Or at least what I would say was graceful. Anywho, we finally made it to the docks and I stopped the both of us as we reached the end. “You like water?” I asked with a smirk.

Her eyebrow raised before she nodded her head cautiously. “Wae?” was her only question.
I cackled low and then grabbed her around the waist, picking her up a bit before tossing her into the water, followed by myself.

Suzi’s POV

“Hana just got thrown off a dock,” I stated with a blunt grin.

“No ,” Junhyung laughed.

We sat there for a second, amused by the bickering between Hana, Yoseob, and Kyung, before we got up and followed their footsteps to the edge of the wooden pathways.

“Teehee. You got soaked,” I smiled as Hana was lifted out by Onew’s usual hidden strength. The only thing I could see was her smirk as she looked behind me. When the maknae breaks eye contact with you and then has an evil expression, there is no hope of a good outcome.

“Bwo-aaahhh!” I shrieked as arms lifted me up like I was in a damn body bag. I was slung over someone’s shoulder and by his laugh and his height I could tell who it was. “Yah! What in the hell are you doing?!” I shouted.

“Minho Minho Minho!” Key shouted before the charismatic male stopped and turned to the diva. “Wait. The shoes and jacket she has are too good to get all dirty with the ocean water,” he informed as he took them off of me. I was too focused on his last words to care that Key was removing my favorite windbreaker and tennis shoes.

“,” I thought and then started to squirm. “Yah! Put me down!.. Doojoon-nim, don’t even think about it!” I warned but he just smiled happily as he held my legs so I’d stop kicking. Minho let me off his shoulder but didn’t let me go entirely. He still held the upper half of my body. I let out a yelp before as they swung me off the edge. The air seemed to be like a clock on a bomb that had only a few seconds left. And then. Boom.

Crystal’s POV

This was hilarious. Absolutely freaking hilarious. But the whole, ‘oh-let’s-toss-the-other-girl-in-too’ was not cool. First Kyung decides to give me a soaking wet hug, then Kikwang and Taemin started carrying me to my doom. Not that I mind that it was those two, but the water covering every inch of me was making me feel like a cat that just got thrown into a kiddy pool.

I growled after Minho pulled me out but then laughed my off after Suzi planted a firm foot on his while he was starting to stand up from helping me out. He landed on his full front side as he splashed into the water.

Kikwang stood next to me laughing so I shrugged and got him to fall off too, using the ever so effective technique of ‘it’s-all-in-the-wrist’-ness… Yeah… That old stuff.

Narrator’s POV

Now that everyone looked like they were caught in a monsoon, the others decided to join in the fun. Hana and Yoseob linked arms with Dongwoon on her arm, and UKwon on his. All four ran off the side and splashed somewhat together into the refreshing salted waters.

Crys looked back at Minho who sat awkwardly on the side of the dock by a barely dampened Junhyung. She had noticed the cause of the awkwardness. Minho had been breaking out of his comfort shell a bit and playing around with Suzi and Key, but after Zico had stolen her away to help him beat P.O and Hana in a jumping contest, he went back to a funky quiet state.

“Yah. You two should join in the fun,” the oldest girl suggested. But the two just shook their heads. She tried a different approach. “We’re having a splashing contest and Jonghyun thinks he can beat the both of you.”

They glanced at each other before jumping off together, creating a double tidal wave on each side of an unsuspecting dinosaur boy. Crys followed and then was convinced by an energetic Taemin to play with him and Dongwoon in a never ending game of Kai Bai Bo, water style.

It was still only two in the afternoon and none of them were planning on stopping the fun quiet yet.