Challenge Issued

From Dream and Ambition to Reality

Crystal’s POV

“Eomma!!” I called from the kitchen. “Can we have cake for breakfast?” I asked, as Hana sat in the living room in her own world of rainbows and fluffy things. I was hoping that the date with Dujun last night would make her less of an eomma-ajuma today and we could eat the leftovers from SHINee’s dorm.

“As long as you drink water with it. No soda or Milkis!” she called back. Not too long after, she came out in a long tank top and spandex shorts. “If you throw up in the studio today, it shall be because the cake is just that good,” she smiled happily and cut a piece for herself and the magnae who reached for it wantonly. I tossed them both water bottles before retreating to the couch myself. “Win,” I smirked proudly to myself.

“So what are we going to do next week? U-KISS will be in Japan so who’s going to let us train with them? I mean we’ll only be here for another 4 weeks,” Hana asked with a pout, flipping through texts from Twitter on her phone.

“Mm~ we’ll have to ask YG-sangsaenim. He’s supposed to be our main care-taker so he should have a plan,” I replied and then sighed with anxiety at the thought of possibly seeing Big Bang again. Okay, so at least the Seunghyuns. Choi would be all ‘bleh’ and ‘do you wanna die?’ because Lee would be all ‘so have you made out with him yet?’. Suzi already told Jiyoung-oppa about Dujun, Myungsoo, and Taemin. So undoubtedly the word got around.

“Don’t worry about Tabi,” Suzi smiled and kissed the top of my head before taking her plate to the kitchen. “He’ll be alright. Taemin is a good guy for you eonnie.... KYA! I’m still freaking out~. How the hell did this even happen~? Omo~~~,” she cooed with her face flushing pink again and doing a small dance in a circle. It was only a few more minutes when Dongho poked his head through the front door.

“Kaja! Palli palli! You guys are going to be late!”

Hana’s POV

It was probably four hours of dance before we were released and U-KISS had to practice with the choreographer on their comeback portions. Although we had a secret pass to get in and train with them, it was limited to past choreography. The new stuff still had to be kept under wraps.

“Baegeopayo~,” I whimpered, poking my stomach. “Mandu!”

“Aish, you always want Mandu after practice,” Crystal said whilst wiping the sweat from her forehead.

“Fine…. Ddeokbeolgi!” The two gave me a look and then sighed. “Araseo~ we can get kimchi stew?” I suggested and they nodded happily. “Daebak!”

After a shower and a change of clothes, Suzi, Crystal, and myself all went out to Se7en’s restaurant to meet up with YG for a meeting. Apparently we were supposed to have a surprise guest to meet as well, which made us even more hungry with anticipation. Finally we entered the nice air conditioned restaurant and the very smell of the atmosphere made our stomachs growl. We were slightly embarrassed as we were positive that our waitress heard it, but soon we shook it off when we began to be led into the back of the building. We thanked our waitress before bowing to YG who had greeted us kindly.

“Ah~ you dressed to match YG style today? Or do you three normally dress like this?” he smirked.

I blinked a few times, trying to decide whether I should take that well or not, but eventually chuckled along with Suzi who nodded and proudly stated, “Both.”

“Speak for yourself,” Crystal said. “You made me wear this.”

“Yah,” Suzi retorted. “Hana-ah said it looked good too.”

“I think she was right,” a female voice spoke up from our table-side.

All of our mouths immediately dropped. “Oh my god,” was the only thing I could get out of my mouth without squealing.

“Aniyo~ Not quite,” she chuckled. “It’s nice to meet you. I’m Lee Chaerin. But by your faces I guess yal know me huh?” she said in English.

“Neh,” Suzi spoke up with an exuberant smile.

“I’m Crystal,” the eldest said and shook hands with CL, accompanied by a small bow from where we sat.

“Suzi,” she said, still bubbly as ever.

“H-Hana,” I said, wanting to slap myself for stuttering. “I’m sorry. I’m just a really big fan. It’s silly of me to act like this,” I stated softly, pretty embarrassed.

“Ah, jinjja? Awesome!” the idol smiled, switching between Korean and English.

All I could think was, “Oh my Shisus, it’s about damn time.”

“Well, I won’t get in your way. YG-nim said he brought me here for the hell of it, so I take it this meeting is for you guys. Order what you wish,” she said comfortably. We all thanked her and then turned to YG who was just shaking his head.

“Just keep it cheap, araseo?” he sighed, and we nodded in compliance. “Okay, so the way I see it, you three will be in need of a place to train. Neh?”

“Neh sangsaenim,” Suzi replied.

“You have a week.”

We nodded.

“So I’m giving you a challenge.”

We froze.

“Get yourselves out there and make a company take you in. Whether you get in with a new one or a previous one, it doesn’t matter. But I won’t help you until the deadline.”

I think we all died inside.

“In a week?” Crystal asked, looking like she was unsure if she heard correctly. He gave her a stern look and she simply nodded.

“EOTTOKKE?!” my thoughts shouted. I made eye contact with CL and she gave me a small nod and a smile. I hope that meant she’d help us out. I nodded back slightly and then turned to my eonnies.

“Are you ready?” I asked, and they nodded, both pointing to the same thing and offered to share.

“2 Seven’s Specialty Jilmdak Chicken,” I smiled. YG approved and CL called over a waitress to place our order. Not too long after, a few random people with blushing cheeks approached our table. One girl and one boy, who both looked to be about our age. The girl hid most of her face with her small fragile hands which were semi-covered by a baggy but fashionable sweater sleeve.

“We’re really sorry to bother you,” the boy spoke up, very American accented, and bowed 90 degrees along with the girl. “But could we please have your autograph?” he asked, holding out a hand-held CL photo card.

“Of course!” she grinned and took the card from the boy’s hand. “What’s your name?”

As the two shared a few words, the girl beside him became more comfortable and looked to us with a curious smile. “Are you trainees?” she asked us. Her English seemed a little less native in comparison but still very good.

“Um, technically, no,” Cystal smiled. “But we’re here on a business-like vacation to enhance our dance skills.”

“Ah~ okay~. Hwaiting!” she eye-smiled as she and her companion left the table.

“I have an idea,” Suzi smiled. “We’ll have to thank that girl someday.”

“Eh?” I looked at her. “Idea? Why do I feel like this might not be as bad as I think it could be?”

“You’ll see,” she replied and pulled out her phone to text Dujun and two others. I didn’t check what she sent them but the smirk she had on her face after putting it back made me wonder. However, my thoughts were interrupted by the smell of our food getting closer and closer.

“Aigoo~ it’s like watching an angel flying towards me. A beautiful angel of noming satisfaction,” Crys mumbled.

Dujun’s POV

“Yah! Dongsaengs!” I called out from my room. Soon I heard the trampling of feet coming towards my open doorway, and in popped Yoseop and Hyunseung.

“What’s up?” Yoseop asked as he jumped onto the edge of my bed.

“You know the dance practice videos we have of Evil Magnae #2?” They nodded. “Get the best onto YouTube and share them with your followers. Suzi just texted me. Apparently they have to get a company to gain interest in them and take them in for the last 4 weeks due to U-KISS going to Japan.”

The two smiled and went to the computer with camcorders in hand and a hop in their step. “Mission in progress~,” Seopie grinned as plugged in one of the devices into the system.

Key’s POV

“Yah, get off,” I said, playfully pushing Jonghyun unexpectedly off the computer chair. I sat my down in place of his and happily opened the folder entitled ‘Crysie’. Surpassing the ‘Crys Condition’ folder, I opened her dance folder and began to go through them. Half-way through the second video I saw Jonghyun finally crawl off his and kneel beside me.

“The other eomma texted me. She says they have to get into another company within the week. So we have to promote them. Get your Cyworld ready, araseo? We’ll get Taemin to sneak into Sooman-hyung’s office and pull it up on his screen. Maybe they’ll call all 3 back here,” I explained.

“Ooooh, araseo~,” he smiled and then giggled. “Then Taemin could have all the sleepovers he wanted.”

P.O’s POV

“Hyungs~,” I sang happily as I walked into the living room.

Zico was still in his room with a new notebook. I didn’t want to distract him during his work, so I went into Minhyuk’s room instead. He and U-Kwon were apparently discussing something that was boring the hell out of Taeil so I stopped them and pulled the attention to my phone. Tossing it into the middle, they all crowded around it and read.

“Wait… Why doesn’t she just ask PD-hyung? I’m sure he’d let them in,” Taeil said handing me back my cell.

“Aniyo, that’s not the point. YG said they had to gain the interest of the company. Not just ask. But prove,” U-Kwon replied.

“Araseo,” Taeil nodded. “Well I put all the videos on his computer,” he said pointing to Minhyuk.

“I’ll get it~,” I smiled, but the owner of the laptop jolted up and pushed by me.

“Aniyo! I got it!” he shouted.

“Eh? Who lit a match under his ?” U-Kwon laughed.

Taeil chuckled. “I think he was having ‘alone-time’ last night and forgot to exit out.”