One Step at A Time

From Dream and Ambition to Reality

Taemin's POV

I tossed and turned. I'd close my eyes only to find them open again a moment later. And although the sight was of a gorgeous hyung of mine, it wasn't the pretty redhead that I was around for those past weeks. I groaned, frustrated from the memories and the fact that they were keeping me up.
 

"Minnie~?" the groggy voice beside me asked.


"Neh, Minho hyung?"


"Why are you still up? Is something bothering you?" he asked concerned.


"Neh. Cryssie."


"Ah~, I see. Well, let's finish up a few more promotions and I'll see what me and the others can come up with," he said contentedly.
 

"Do you mea- Yah," I laughed, thinking for a bit that he was just saying things to make me feel better. "Yah, are you seriously going to try and get us home early?"
 

"Yeh, waeyo?"
 

"Just for me?"
 

He chuckled softly before wrapping his arm around me. "Of course. Aish~. Just rest now Taemin. We have tight scheduling for the next 3 days. Then we'll be free to plot."
 

With his warmth and his words, I very happily let myself bury into his bare chest. I giggled a bit with a smirk. "If only the cute 2min shippers could see us now," I thought, and peacefully fell into slumber.

Onew's POV

"Ani, ani, I understand... Ok. Aniyo. You're right. I don't. I do sympathize though," I sighed. I was on the last few chapters of a book Hana gave to Crystal who gave it to Taemin who threw it at me once we got here. ...Not that you probably cared to know that... Anyways, my awkward but fairly good friend was on the phone with me. And the poor guy was having some girl troubles. Good Lord. What is it with those three girls? They really know how to stir up the love bug. I do have to admit that I was kind of jealous, but at the moment, I wasn't so keen on looking for a girlfriend. The pure rush of our Japanese promotions and getting the emotional message to a different audience was enough of a thrill.

"Well, my advice to you would be to get back to her as soon as you can without disrupting your promotions. Take her out someplace once you've both have gotten good rest. And call her. ..... Neh... Sure thing. Anytime... Good night~," I smiled and hung up. Although I was pretty drained there was no way in hell that I was going to miss out on these last two chapters. Thankfully I had another 2 books to go before I had to actually listen to Kibum ramble on about how two of the best shirts in all of the Harajuku district weren't available in his size. "Sure the store looked cool and cute..but what was the point of even going into the kids store in the first place?"

Suzi's POV

"Dongwoo, you're out of your mind," I laughed. "You're seriously thinking about this?"

"Oh come on Suzi~," he whined. "I promise you that Inspirits are one of the calmer fandoms out there."

"Well, I know that much, but-"

**
"-But what?" my thoughts chided slyly. "Do you think the fans will be jealous?"

"Yes, and why wouldn't they be like that?" I thought back to myself.

"Well you have a point. But rather than jealousy, it may be more of a daydreaming kind of thing. It'll make them blush probably and then many will probably imagine themselves or wish themselves to be in your position. Am I right? Or have you not done that before? C'mon. You can't win this~~," it sang smugly.
**
 
"...Suzi?...Suzi?" Dongwoo called and I snapped back out of my trance. "Why are you blushing so bad? It's not too hot in here is it? I think the air conditioner is still on-"

"No it's fine. I just lost an argument with myself," I chuckled as I facepalmed. He laughed a bit in return and then placed his right hand on my hip again. I sharpened my stance and took in a breath. "Arrasseo. Kaja," I smiled confidently.

For 2 hours we practiced dancing to our own routine that mixed hip hop, salsa, stomping, and contemporary all into one. Finally, we performed it in front of the cameras, staff, Hana, Crystal, and the rest of the Infinite members. We got many cheers and shocked faces (that were sometimes paired with some whistles) due to some of the more suggestive motions within the hip hop and salsa sections. None the less though our choreography proved to do very well with our current audience and my worries about how it would look on camera faded fast. I left to change out of me and Dongwoo's casual couple outfit, and back into my own with a smile. I couldn't wait for YG to see this. My biggest wish at that time was for him to see the potential the three of us had and hire us in. Hell, not just YG but even JYP, TS, J.Tune, or whatever!

"Kya!" I squeaked curtly as I came out of the back room. Dinosaur was there and I quickly gave him a hug. "Thank you so much for that. It was seriously a huge huge huge honor."

"Same here," he grinned and made our way back out for a final goodbye to our viewers.

Hana's POV

We finally got to our dormitory door and I couldn't help but eye-smile and giggle as I teased Suzi for the 14th time since we left. "You still missed out on WooGyu's paper kissing scene. They seriously looked like the were ready to just-"

"Yah!! You little ! C'mere!" She threatened by trashing at me as I ran from here down the halls of the building.

"Don't mind me I'm just going to use all the hot water~!" Crystal taunted as she closed the door we were running away from. I quickly ended up in a good hiding place and popped out right after Suzi passed me. "Awww, unnie that's not fair!" I called back and tried to get in. Crap! Su turned back around. "Yah don't chase me anymore pabo, unnie just locked us out."

"Jongmal?"

I nodded. With a sigh she tried talking to Crystal but all we got in response was the very distant sound of running water and 2NE1's Can't Nobody.

"Aigoo~" Suzi whined. "This girl!"

"I guess it serves you right to be frustrated with all the noise you two were making," a male voice yawned.

"Ji- ...Jihoon!" Suzi smiled and grabbed my wrist before starting to jog lightly to the end of the hallway to meet him.

"Annyeonghaseyo~" I greeted him put he shook his head.

"You don't have to worry about the honorifics," he smiled. I think I should've had Suzi slap me. I was technically dating Dongwoon. ... Right? "Crap," I thought with disappointment. "I'll have to go through another awkward situation where I have to ask him where we stand an whatnot. Just like your last 2 relationships. Good job Hana." 

Suzi and Jihoon gave each other a hug before she looked up at him from her short stature. "So are you just here to troll or do your hyungs need a mother again?" she smirked.

"Your words have kinks," he smiled with a small laugh.

"Aish~" she sighed and slapped his arm. "I'm serious now. Why you here?"

He looked at her for a second and then gestured with a sideways tilt of his head towards the elevator. "Jiho-hyung is downstairs. I'd head down there alone if I were you. I think there's something privet he wants to talk about."
 
Even at the mention of his leader's name, I saw Suzi's face grow a bit nervous. "Arrasseo. Help, keep magnae company. But don't you two run off too far, 'kay?"
 
We both nodded and watched Suzi depart for the elevator doors. "Soooo," Jihoon began, turning back to face me. "What's new?"
 
"Well...I kind of have a boyfriend," I said cautiously. He nodded with a smile and congratulated me but chuckled.
 
"Kind of, huh? Who's the 'kind of' lucky fellow?"
 
"Beast's Dongwoon-oppa."
 
"Ah~ I see."
 
"Neh."
 
"..."
 
"..."
 
"Lets get food from the vendors," he suggested and I happily complied, so as to get out of the wilting atmosphere. And from there we continued on a debate over sour candies or Sprite being a better food/drink to diet with. How we got there, I haven't the slightest clue. But it was a hell of a lot better than the topic of relationships!
 
Suzi's POV
 
By the time the elevator doors opened I was able to catch a short glimps of Jiho following some guy, outside. I jogged to the front doors and pushed on the cold metal bar. The chilly evening wind hit my face and I put my hand up above my brow to sheild my eyes from the low set rays of the orange glow in the sky. Turning to my right I dropped my hand and saw Jiho facing me and the guy I saw previously. "Jiho, annyeong~," I smiled and waved as I began to walk to the two. I stopped half-way when the guy with his back turned to me, peered his head over his shoulder. I didn't fully recognize the face, but it wasn't a total stranger to me either. "Jiyoung? Jiyoung-ssi what are you doing here?" I asked hesitatively as I further approached the two.
 
He looked like hell. His hair was flat and the ends parted in strange places along his forehead. Deep blue-ish black circles created a faded half-moon under his eyes. The normally smooth face wasn't exactly as clean shaven as it usually was. It wasn't apparent that any effort was put into his usual style, as it was just grey sweats and a fading black hoodie. "Suzi-ah, I wanted to talk," he said. A raspy tone laced his vocals, giving him the overall appearance of a sick, drained ahjussi. I sympathized with him, but I was still a bit bitter about his lack of his communication until now.
 
"Between us, there's a lot to talk about. Let me see Jiho first?" I asked, but he shook his head, giving way to a sigh and an eyeroll from Jiho.
 
"That's why I'm not happy sunbae. You're being selfish," Jiho said, frustrated, but in the most polite way possible. I could tell he was close to simply walking away with a " this ."
 
"Yah, dongsaeng. So are you. Just chill," he said and grabbed my arm. "Come."
 
I bowed slightly in apology to the younger rapper before Jiyoung took me around the corner of the building. I gently but confidently shrugged his grip off my arm and stood with my back against the wall. I didn't really want to face him right now. "I deeply apologize...In advance. I might sound bitter."
 
"You have a right to be," Jiyoung replied, leaning his right shoulder against the concrete. "I also apologize for the fact I ignored you completely."
 
I scoffed at this and turned my head to face him. "Any why did you? Seungri talked to me and said you were out.... And that was at practically all hours of the morning before sunrise," I explained, still suspicious. "Where the hell could you possibly have been when your manager said promotions, and work in general was put on hiatus?"
 
I took him a moment of silence before he responded. "You heard about my little scandal didn't you?" he asked, not meeting my eyes, but simply staring at the cracks in the sidewalk.
 
I took in a deep but sharp breath and just shook my head. "You've really got to be kidding me. Drugs Jiyoung? I was hoping that was just a rumor," I said with dissappointment. It actually kind of hurt me to finally grasp that reality. Not just as a style icon or artist, I looked up to Jiyoung as a person. His ability to stay calm in tough situations, his quick wit, and passion for life and music. And then his counter-self, G-Dragon. With his carefree ways and smooth, lady killer style, and with all the confidence boost he gets by simply looking in a mirror. I admired both of these people equally, but both of them made an illegal U-turn.
 
"I have no excuse. It was my fault for being intoxicated at the time and not refusing the offer," he said quietly. "I was in the wrong completely and I understand that. I came here to ask you a favor."
 
Again, a moment of silence followed before a response came, allowing time for me to contemplate things. "If it's to help you get back to your roots, I'll do anything," I said, meeting his eyes for the first time since I left the YG premisis.
 
"Do that for me then?" he said with a hopeful beam. "Get back to my origins I mean. Big Bang had begun fading away..probably because of that damn 5 year curse on artists. But even then, it's still our fault. If you and the girls wouldn't mind, I think it would be best if you helped us get back into the mind set of striving to make it. Almost as if we hadn't debuted yet. As if we haven't shown the world who BigBang really is."
 
I smiled, knowing that his sincerety and care for the others was too deep for a stupid mistake to scar it. "I promise."
 
"It'll probably take until the end of this year before we even think of coming back," he began with a sigh. "But if we all could stay in contact with each other until then.."
 
"We won't leave you guys in the dust." I smiled again and moved in for a hug. It seemed he was grateful for the gesture and welcomed me with a tight squeeze in his arms. "I know you guys will be fine. Just go back home, and get everyone together. Listen to your entire debut tracks. Just let them feel their way back to those days and maybe you guys will see some change."
 
I let go and he smiled with a sparkle in his eye before he skipped off and into a taxi. "I'll call you and let you know!" he called out of the window. "Annyeong!"
 
I waved goodbye and then made my way over to Jiho who was sitting against the building. "Y'know I'm kind of surprised the security hasn't kicked your back home yet," I laughed, feeling in a much better mood. He smirked and patted the ground next to him.
 
"Sit.. I just wanted to catch up and talk to you about..well...about that one night," he said, looking at his shoe laces and toying with them in thought.
 
"Uh- ...Oh..Okay," I said, my cheeks heating up at the thought. I smiled and laughed softly as my nerves piled up once again. I sat as comfortably as I could next to him and crossed my arms around my knees that were huddled to my chest. My insides were doing cartwheels but my skin cells were frozen from the wind. "What in the world is he going to say? Is he going to finally tell me how it happened? I know for a fact I'm still confused."
 
"It's been on my mind a lot lately, and I felt we should clear things up."
 
"Neh. It's been eating at my mind as well." I looked across the street, but at nothing special. My mind was back to the event that I experienced while with the boys at their dorm.