Number 4

From Dream and Ambition to Reality

 Hana’s POV

“Dongwoon, what time is it?” I asked as we let our feet wade in the water a foot or so off land.

“About 2:30 pm. I should probably take you back now. Plus we have to return the see-doo,” he smiled and offered out his hand. “Aja?”

A few butterflies gave their wings a final flutter before settling down as I fully took his hand in mine. He led me back up on land and off the docking ramp to the see-doo. Before we headed off however, he just had to make me hesitate about holding onto him. “Why did you have to take your shirt off,” I thought, embarrassed.

He laughed and kindly apologized before asking again. “Hold on, okay? I don’t want you falling off. A boyfr-.. a friend wouldn’t ever let another, special, friend fall,” he said a bit nervously. I giggled a bit and happily wrapped my arms around him. Again, we set off, this time for home, when another thought crossed my mind that made me chuckle. “I wonder what my parents would think of him…”

Our drive back home was more than entertaining as I was almost positive that cameras were snapping away like listeners at a poetry reading. Both of us were clearly worried, and I knew my unnies and his manager were not going to like the top stories on the internet tomorrow morning. Hell, maybe even by tonight. In spite of the tense situation, Dongwoon managed to break a smile and a chuckle. “You know, despite what Crys and Su said, you don’t complain that much.”

“Oh, really?” I said with blank annoyance lacing my voice. -_-‘

Narrator’s POV

Suuuuuuuuuzi~” sang a voice through the crack of the front door. Both Crystal and Suzi looked at each other with a raised brow before the eldest went to the door. The dance freak was sitting on the couch, the ice surrounded ankle that was propped up on the foot rest in front of her.

“Mianhamnida, she’s a little-” Crys began as she opened the door. “Oh hi, Kevin,” she smiled.

“Hi! Wait, what’s wrong with Suzi-ah?” he asked, and then was let in the doorway. A small gasp of concern left his mouth as he made his way over to the soberly smiling girl on the couch. “What happened?”

“She danced to much-“ Crys started.

“-and rolled hard on my ankle,” Su pouted.

“Aw, well can you walk at all? I mean, Eli wanted to see if you wanted to go and help him out with Japanese.” The blonde haired male spoke softly as if his words would strain her muscles more.

“Oooo~ I’m sure Suzi will run for all she cares,” Hana smiled cheekily as she came through the open doorway.

“Ssikkuro!” she blushed and stood up carefully with the help of the arm of the couch. “I’ll be ok,” she said quietly before sticking her tongue out childishly at the maknae who happily swayed her shoulders with pride. With a limp, the brunette made her way out of the room and down the hall to UKiss’ dorms.

Su’s “Eli-oppa~!” could be heard coming from down the hall as Kevin confusedly blinked at the maknae who was jumping around in happy circles in the kitchen.

“So did he kiss you or what?” Crys laughed.

“No,” she pouted, but soon smiled again. “He-” she began but looked over to Kevin who wore a mischevious smile. Crys followed her gaze.

“So is that where Soohyun-hyung was the whole time?” he asked cutely.

With a tilt of her head, Hana replied. “Um. No. I was with Beast’s. Dongwoon. -oppa...”

Kevin’s eyes widened before an awkward vibe surrounded him. “Oh, sorry,” he bowed. “I’ll just, uh… yeah. I’ll leave,” he smiled lopsidedly and sort of ran-skipped out of the girls’ dorm.

“Now that the awkwardness if over with for now, what happened?” Crys asked, lifting herself onto the kitchen counter. Hana did the same, sitting opposite of her between the stove and fridge, and began to spill details of her water filled adventures with the Arabian Prince.

“Woah there maknae! Getting’ some ab-action huh?” she teased as Hana blushed once more over the ride back to the main docks.

“Well…yeah~,” she said with a soft embarrassment laced with much more happiness. “At least umma’s not here to add anything erted to that statement,” she said, both laughing at the possibilities.

“So what are you going to do?” Crystal asked, becoming more serious after a while.

“Huh?” Hana asked. “Well I’m not going to ask him out or anything.”

“No, that’s not what I mean. You have three people who are love-struck over you.” Again, the maknae’s brow raised and stayed open slightly. Crystal sighed. “Dongwoon, Soohyun, Daesung.”

Realizing her troubles at this point she placed her head in her hands slowly. “Crap,” she squeaked.

Eli’s POV

“Finally! She’s here,” I thought with a bright smile and opened the door. “Hey.”

“Hi,” she smiled back. “So where are we studying?”

“Living room, and we have extra kogi mandu if you want any,” I offered and she seemed to perk up at the offer. I stepped back and then noticed her favoring her left ankle greatly as she walked passed me. “Oh no~, did you sprain it?” I asked concerned. By her performance in the dance studios, Hoon and I both realized her passion and focus as a dancer. To injure her ankle must have felt like the end of the world.

“It’ll be ok,” she said with a small tear in her voice. “But it’s best if I work it a little bit instead of just baby-ing it, yeah?” she smiled.

“Yeah, I guess you’re right,” I agreed gently and followed carefully behind her until we both found a seat on the couch. It was medium soft and a tan-ish color with a slightly rough fabric surrounding it. With three separate cushions, she sat on the farthest left and I sat on the crack dividing the middle and right cushion. I grabbed the cards off of the light wooden coffee table in front of us and removed the rubber band holding them together.

“Oh that’s a relief,” she said in Korean, her words slapping my brain to remind it that we still had to be there to teach them more of this countries language.

“Too bad. It’s Japanese and English today,” I thought. I needed to stay fresh on both of those languages anyways. “What is?” I asked.

“Oh, the cards. They have romanji on them, not just hiragana or katakana,” she chuckled. “I can only really speak the language, not read it.” I think I was just staring at her for a bit because she made an outwards motion with her head and raised her eyebrow. “Earth to Eli~. Let’s start, yes?”

I popped back into reality and nodded. “Yeah, yeah. Sorry. Ok,” I began and looked down to the first card. I held up the Korean side to her, covering my cheeks with the card just in case they were more colorful than usual.

“Mianhamnida,” she read aloud. “Gomennasai.” I couldn’t help but smile and laugh a little.

“Yah, what’s funny,” she asked with a slight crooked smile. “I couldn’t have gotten that wrong~.” (>.<)

“Aniyo, it’s not that. You’re voice. It changes when you speak different languages.”

She looked down for a moment and sighed. “Yeah, my English is my medium toned voice, when I speak Korean it’s lower, and Japanese it’s higher. Sorry if it gets annoying.”

“No, I think it’s cute,” I smiled softly and she looked up at me with a similar smile.

“Thanks,” she gently replied. “Next card?” I nodded and held up the next one. “Ihaeka andoeyo-”

“I don’t understand~” I sang with a little bobble of my head before stopping. “Nevermind.”

She laughed and replied with the Japanese translation. “Wakarimasen. Oh, I love that song .. and watashi was no utagoe ga sukidesu.”

“Uh…”

“I like your singing voice,” she smiled.

After a while of practicing, we were having some fun laughing and eating yummy kogi mandu that Soohyun brought out with a suggestive expression to say the least. I’m not sure if she noticed, but we were no longer on opposite ends of the couch. However, with Soohyun, Dongho, and Kiseop constantly teasing us by popping their head in from the hallway, I’m sure she realized our proximity. We were almost done with the flashcards when a knock at the door came, followed by “Suzi!”

She stood up, but winced, remembering her injury. “Hop on.” I offered my back to her and bent down so she could latch on. She did so and we made our way to the door. “Hi Hana. Hi Crystal,” I smiled and waved, before placing my right hand back under her leg that was wrapped around me.

“Annyeonghaseyo~. We came to let Su know that some members of Infinite were going out for dinner and was seeing if she wanted to go,” Hana explained.

“I do! Very much! But I already ate and my ankle still hurts,” Suzi pouted. “I’ll still go though,” she smiled and gave me a small but quick peck on the side of the head before I let her down. Apparently this triggered a nerve in my jaw so that it locked open for a moment. “Thank you Eli~. I had fun.”

“Uh, yeah, sure,” I grinned and waved as she limped between the two other girls.

Hana’s POV

We could hear Soohyun exclaiming “Daebak dongsaeng!...kisseu?...Yeah~! Did you see Hana?...ok ok! I’ll stop,” before the boys’ dorm door shut completely, making us smile and roll our eyes. “So what did you two do other than eat and study?” Crystal smirked.

“Laugh,” Suzi said with blunt monotone but we gave her skeptical looks. “He’s not like that dumbbutts. Eli’s really nice, but I highly doubt he’d be anything more than oppa.”

“You better hope he realizes that too before you get his hopes up,” I warned her. Our umma could be overly flirtatious sometimes without realizing her actions until afterwards. Unless she was in ‘strategy mode’ then you could guess it would be an ‘I-eat-impulse-for-breakfast’ kind of day.

She just sighed and nodded a bit as we stepped into the elevator. “I know. I hate that part about me. I’ll let him know by tomorrow. I’ll be going out with Minsoo-ah… I hope. I don’t think our walk around town will go so well if I can barely stand without wincing.”

“I already called him,” Crys smiled. “I told him about your foot and he said his plan didn’t involve much walking anyways.”

(O.o) “Oh…okay then,” Suzi replied with a glow. ~(^-^)~

“Aish,” I grunted rolling my eyes. “Is this what I was like a few hours ago?” They both nodded. “Ah. Sorry for the disgusting happiness,” I said smugly and was slapped on the shoulder by Su. “Yah! Unnie~~~,” I whined as the doors began to jerk open. “Suzi hit me!” I pouted, switching to Korean.

“Aw, she wouldn’t hit a cotton ball if it hit her in the face,” a low voice said.

“Well, actually I would but... Ah! Dongwoo-ssi!” Suzi smiled cheerfully and attacked him with a hug causing his jaw to drop a bit in surprise. He politely returned the hug though.

“Yah, Suzi, hugs are kind of a big deal around here remember,” Crys whispered and gestured with her eyes to a few people in the lobby that were giving the two questionable looks.

“Mianhamnida~” she bowed.

“It’s ok,” Hoya smiled, more towards Hana if anybody. “We missed you three too.”

“Neh,” Sungyeol pitched in. “Our manager thought us three were best prepared out of the others so we got to leave early from practice. What better way to spend it than with pretty dancers! And food of course,” he added, hopping up and down a bit in hungry impatience. All of us laughed as Dongwoo tried to mess up the leader’s hair as punishment for being so blunt.

“Yah, umma needs someone to carry her piggy back. She really hurt her ankle,” I jumped in. I could see the injured one smile with embarrassment a bit as Dongwoo gave her his sympathies and let her attach herself to his back. “There. Aja!” I exclaimed and we were off to a cute café just down the road. The boys had their everyday, casual clothes on, sunglasses, and no makeup to hopefully avoid being noticed. Hoya was being very polite towards me as we talked alongside Dongwoo and passenger. Although I really loved it, Dongwoon still hadn’t left my mind. On the contrary once again, until Dongwoon officially asked me out I was keeping my options open and that was that. If you want it, get it, end of story.

Sungyeol and Crystal were doing some weird walking pattern thing with their feet behind us and surprisingly weren’t too far behind us. “I’m a little shocked unnie’s in step with him. You know, being 5’1” and all,” I giggled. She got protective of her height, but it looked like I was at a safe distance.

“Eh, that’s okay. Sungyeol knows when to be and not to be a giraffe,” Hoya smiled and to which Dongwoo added, “Ani~ We decided he's more of an owl." Sighing he continued, "I think the others would’ve had a lot of fun but there was one part of the choreography they wanted to go over more. Oh and, they say annyeong~ to you three.”

“When you guys go back, tell them we miss them too,” Suzi smiled down at the African Prince before resting against his head, closing her eyes.

--

“Umma!” Crystal called a few minutes later, staring up at her and a slightly worn out Dongwoo.

“Yah! Crippled one!” I said in English, of to which opened her playfully glaring eyes directly at me. I smiled innocently and Crys and I pointed to the building. “We’re here, get off.”

“Oh! Sorry!” she apologized and he set her down on the ground gently. “Kamsahamnida!” She followed us and walked into the café doors that were held open by Hoya. The scent of butterscotch, fresh bread, and toffee filled the air. And soon it was joined by a warm wooden scent as Hoya stood close behind my right arm, making me turn my face over that shoulder.

“I’ll buy for you. Order any drink and foods you want,” he smiled at a slant.

“Aish, stupid y smiles,” I thought to myself after expressing my gratitude. “I guess I have 4 guys that’ll be trying to kill me now…that is if I don’t feel like shooting myself first.”

----

A/N: Credits to the owner of the picture I used up there btw ^_^ It's not mine b/c I fail without Photoshop. Also, sorry if you thought the dialog was boring. I promise to create a better story after this T.T