Up to the Sound of Life - Or Was it Death?

From Dream and Ambition to Reality

Narrator’s POV

A piercing screech could be heard throughout the halls followed by a feminine yell. The sounds belonged to none other than Seunghyun and Crystal.

“Omona! How did you get into my room?!”

“Mwoh?! You dragged me in here!”

“I did no- ! Damn it!”

“Aish…”

“Mianhamnida!! Are you ok?!”

“Ne, ne, ne,” she sighed and got up with a laugh.

“It’s okay everyone. I’m alive and so is he,” Crystal explained as she opened the door to find everyone running to her from the hall. Seunghyun groaned as he rubbed his temple. “Well, more or less anyways,” she added.

“Nice pjs,” Suzi smiled weakly, now feeling the excitement wear off and the early morning groggy feeling hit her again. Taeyang gave the oldest girl his old shorts and one of Seunghyun’s shirt so that she’d sleep more comfortably.

“You too,” Crys replied rubbing her eyes. Jiyoung gave her an extra-large t-shirt he was planning on cutting up later, so it went on her like a night gown.

Hana’s POV

Now I’m worried eomma will realize how tired me and Daesung are. No we didn’t do anything erted. Geeze. We did go back to sleep but we woke up again and stared playing computer games, talking about our hometowns, and then we snuck out and had a late get-together with BEAST. We got along so well, they put in a request to have me, if not the other two, as their guest for a week or so.

Let’s just say I won’t find any reason to complain. I got along really well with Dongwoon. He’s easier to get along with than most people think. Same goes for Junhyung. Speaking of which, he had asked me about Suzi-unnie. I want to mention that to her, but I don’t want her yelling at me. Anyways the night-morning thing kind of went like this:

“So you guys all just got off from scheduling?” I asked, and received relieved nods.

“So how did you like the club?” Junhyung said with a small laugh.

“Shush! I wasn’t supposed to be in there in the first place,” I said after receiving a few looks from the other members.

“So who are these other two girls you were talking about?” Yoseob chirped in with a suggestive expression.

Doojoon and Dongwoon playfully punched his shoulder but it didn’t stop him. Instead he continued with equally suggestive eyebrow movements, before I laughed and gave in to the question.

“Crystal-ah, the oldest, and Suzi-ah, the eomma,” I said with an eye-smile.

“Oh yeah, how is she? I hope I didn’t give her any ideas,” Junhyung asked, drawing some curious looks from his brothers.

“Uh, fine. And no, I think she understands,” I laughed a bit. This was awkward. “I think her mind is somewhere else.” He nodded contently at this and waved off his fellow members’ expressions, showing them that he’d tell them later.

“Hyungsung?” I asked as Daesung returned from the restroom. The light brown haired boy looked over at me with a curious smile. “Can you teach me some of the choreography you do with PriPix dance crew?”

“Sure! Wow, I didn’t know you would know about them,” he smiled brightly.

“Ne! Haw and Joony are my favorites,” I giggled.

“We should probably be getting back before Seungri or Taeyang find out we left. Those two would find out somehow and tell Jiyoung,” Daesung said with caution as he gently grabbed my arm. I and the others nodded and we bowed respectfully to each other before we headed out in separate directions.

And that was about it. Ah hell. Eomma has scolded me before. I won’t perish from it just once more.

Suzi’s POV

“Bwoh?! Are you serious?! That’s awesome!” I exclaimed as we walked down the hall to our dorm. “Next time make sure you don’t do it so late though,” I reminded her, opening the door.

“Fine, but next time you should listen to your oppas and not dance on your bad foot the very day you screwed it up,” Hana added sharply. I was favoring it again because it started to swell back up and throb. I pouted a bit, but agreed.

“I want to meet Doojoon sunbae eventually though,” I smiled as I sat down on the couch to rest my ankle.

“You’ll both be able to meet all of them I’m sure,” Hana said to both me and a happy but nervous Crystal. The maknae grabbed a pop from the kitchen and then came back to the living room with a book in hand.

“What’s wrong unnie?” I asked, concerned for her worried state.

“How the hell am I going to do this? I don’t want you two to leave me,” she fretted and Hana looked up with a unsteady expression.

“You too?” I asked my blonde friend. She nodded and I sighed. “Great. Now you’re making me nervous. I mean yeah, I can be confident and stuff when it comes to first meeting them or dancing, but I can’t hold conversations to save my life!”

We sat there for a moment making ourselves horrible distraught wrecks over things until Crystal’s phone rang.

Chunji’s POV

It was lunch time and we didn’t have anything after it so we all agreed to call up our new friends.

“Crystal-ssi?...Ah… Ne. It’s Chunji. Would you three like to join us for lunch today? We’ll pay!” I offered, thinking they might decline, and got a ‘why-did-you-say-that’ look from some of the guys. “Ne! Okay! Good…. Mhm. Just outside…. Bye-bye,” I ended.

Ricky was already running out the door with Niel close behind him. Changjo had been complaining about his hunger all morning and so he sprinted out after the now brunette Emotional Voice.

“Yah! Don’t run too fast! You might knock someone down!” L. Joe called as he, Minsoo, and I filed out of the locker rooms. I guess Byunghyun felt like picking on them again today.

“What do you think Hana-ssi will think of my hair?” Niel asked as we walked outside and he petted his head.

“And mine too!” I added as I took a piece and looked up at it, unsuccessfully catching a glimpse.

“Yah, I’m the one who has the unnatural color…again,” L. Joe laughed.

“Technically white is still natural,” Minsoo pointed out.

“Yeah for old people,” Ricky said as he skipped across the street.

Ricky’s POV

Just as soon as I started skipping, I turned my head down to the left of the sidewalk ahead of me, and from then I took off in a sprint. “FRIEEENDS!” I yelled happily and collided with
Suzi who had took off sprinting as well. It was a weird sprint though because I think she was still trying to protect her foot. “You’re my dongsaeng ok?” I said after we un-embraced each other, and she nodded happily.

“I always wanted a cute brother! And I love you hair oppa!” she said happily as she made sure her ACE wrap was still secure.

Next I hugged Crystal and Hana-ssi tightly while CAP helped my dongsaeng into the restaurant and into a booth. We followed a few seconds behind him. Hana slid in across from Suzi who also sat at the very end, near the window. L. Joe quickly followed her, and then me and Changjo. On Suzi’s left was Minsoo, then Niel, Crystal, and Chunji.

“Wow, everyone’s hair is calmer but still really attracting!” Crystal said as Niel and Chunji let her play around with their new styles a bit.

“Komawo,” L. Joe smiled as Hana agreed and complimented his new color.

“Oppas?” Suzi began as she looked at the window and then to us.

“What is it?” Niel asked curiously.

Suzi pointed to the window and asked, “Will fans be able to see you guys from here?”

“Are you worried?” Chunji asked, probably not wanting our guests to feel nervous.

“Don’t be,” Minsoo comforted firmly and put his hand on her back. “If the fans get to rowdy I’ll make sure they back down a bit and give you girls some room,” he announced with confidence.

Changjo’s POV

I smiled at the eomma and nodded my head a bit, giving her an ‘I-told-you-so’ look. He was getting protective. She stuck her tongue at me after Minsoo turned around to talk with Crystal about food choice. I laughed and leaned back onto the back of the large booth. Secretly, I think I wanted to be like Minsoo-hyung in the girls’ eyes. Someone who could protect and watch over them, instead of being their dongsaeng. Or was it just in Suzi’s eyes that I wanted to be perceived that way.

I sighed. “What the hell are you thinking?” I asked myself, in thought.

Niel’s POV

Stupid lucky L. Joe got to sit next to the silly, cute, maknae. A female maknae was different than Ricky or Changjo maknae to me, but equally as fun to hang out with. I stared at her for a bit. Not to be creepy, I swear! She was just so intriguing. Every cute face she made to out-aegyo Ricky was adorable and unique. Hana-ah soon turned to me and I quickly looked away with an embarrassed smile. Thankfully the waiter came by and got our minds off things.