Awkward

From Dream and Ambition to Reality

A series of ‘woah’s and gasps filled the cube as it jerked a few times up and down before ascending once again. Along with the jerks came a loss of balance among them.

Crystal, without realizing it at first, pressed her hands against Chunji’s and lower back to keep him from falling on her. Thankfully she wasn’t alone because Neil did the same thing. One was more embarrassed than the other though, after Chunji turned around.

Suzi fell immediately due to her prior lack of balancing abilities, and was pressed against
Sungjong who had found his back against the doors. Dongwoo didn’t help them much. The left side of his body plowed into the girl’s back.

L. Joe grabbed onto CAP, who was more stable than the others, against the railing, and with his other hand helped Hana regain her stance after Woohyun almost knocked her down. Ricky and Changjo were the only ones un-phased by the rough motions. Next was a series of “Mianhamnida!” and “Kansahamnida!”. They all exited and went to their required destinations. The three members of Infinite went to borrow a dance room for a while, and Teen Top and the girls made their way to apologize to the manager and prepare to go to the hairstylist.

CAP’s POV

I don’t know what made me so frustrated about seeing her and the blonde maknae so close. It was an accident and there wasn’t any hard feelings about any of it. But the way they both looked away so shyly from each other and blushed…It was like they…”ugh!” I groaned in my mind, resisting the urge to hit my forehead. “They just met, pabo. What the hell are you thinking?” I asked myself. Immediately after we all exited I went to Suzi-ah’s bad side and helped her walk again. We had to leave the girls to go to the hairstylist, which wouldn’t bother me, except for the fact that they’ll be with Infinite the whole time. Lord knows what they’ll hear. Don’t get me wrong though. Infinite is great! They’re like our brothers! “They’re just-” I thought, and sighed as we piled in the van. “-crazy. Hell I’m crazy. The girls are crazy too I bet,” I continued before Ricky snapped me out of my head.

“What ya thinking about?” he asked bluntly.

“I just hope our good friends don’t devise a plan and end up having to pay to replace a building that accidently blew up,” I chuckled.

“Aw don’t worry hyung. I’m sure Infinite can find something to do without tearing the place apart,” Changjo said.

Hana’s POV

Pretty sure both of my unnies were the most red in the face out of the rest when we exited. “I think we should just wear blush instead of having to make it ourselves. The stuff you buy lasts longer,” I said as we walked down the hall, following the music and laughter. I got a few blank stares before they both nodded in agreement.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” I greeted quietly as we opened the door to find them messing around. Woohyun was busy making fun of Dongwoo’s laugh, who in turn laughed as Sungjong tried to do it. We giggled a bit before they all turned to notice we had entered.

“Oh! S-Suzi-ssi,” Sungjong said quietly, his cheeks going slightly pink again. I guess the little accident the two had in the elevator hadn’t quiet become a bygone. “A-an-annyeong,” Suzi replied with an awkward smile. “Crap,” I thought as they introduced themselves. “The one who’s supposed to be confident and talk to the idols comfortably is now being shy.”

“Can we ask a favor really quick?” Dongwoo asked as Sungyeol grabbed his shoulders and shook his head. “No-no, it’s ok. We’ll just ask the stylist tomorrow,” he said, not wanting to make the girls feel uncomfortable. “Ah, c’mon,” Woohyun smiled. “Just ask. The worst we’ll get it a no,” he said and then he, Dongwoo, and Sungyeol turned to us while the rest of the group’s attention was on them.

“Is American hair any different from Asian hair?” Dongwoo asked, blunt with curiosity. Sungyeol face-palmed while others either laughed, had the same curious expression, or just shook their heads. I couldn’t help but chuckle at the strange question myself.

“That would be a question for Eomma,” Crystal said with amusement coming through her facial features and tone quite clearly as she pointed to Suzi. Ms. Ray-of-Sunshine was giggling silently.

“I really think it depends on the person, but it seems a majority of Asian hair is naturally smoother or thicker than Americans,” she said, obviously gaining back her confidence. “But don’t take my word for it. Let’s compare,” she suggested with a smile as she waved Hoya and the others over to her as she held out a section of her hair. Hoya was the first along with Dongwoo to reach out and examine the difference by using one hand on their own hair and another to pet their new friend’s head. “This is weird,” I thought. “Eonnie?” I said aloud and she glanced my way. It was hard to turn with everyone’s fingers picking up different sides of your hair I guess.

“Ne?” she replied with amusement from the awkward attention.

“You look like you’re surrounded by monkeys.” The others turned at my comment and dropped her hair laughing. Well…most of them. Dongho and L were having too much fun and started braiding it while she started to braid Sungjong’s.

“How does she do that?” I asked Crys who stood talking a bit awkwardly with Sungyu.

“Well, first you take one large piece of hair and split it in three sections-” she began, but I lightly punched her.

“Yah, not that pabo. You know what I mean.”

“Not sure. I mean I guess she naturally has a welcoming personality. Freshman year was awkward at first though. She was scary,” Crys stated with a small amount of reminiscent fear in her tone and eyes. We laughed a bit now, seeing the so called masterpiece of random braids among Suzi’s shoulder blade length mane and the near perfectly began set of 3 corn-row type braids of the left side of the Whisper Voice.

“The nicest ones are the scariest when they act mean or angry,” Sungyu agreed with a nod.
“I honestly don’t want to see Sungjong mad.”

“Ne. Who knows? Maybe some evil and creepy low voice will come out like he’s possessed and brainwash us into fear,” Hoya suggested, making ghostly had gestures, which in turn made Dongwoo laugh.

“Such a powerful laugh sunbae,” Suzi chuckled.

“Kansahamnida,” he said proudly and dropped the hair and jumped on Hoya’s back. “Run!” he commanded.

“Yah!” Hoya protested and tried to shake the boy off, but failed. “Who gave you sugar?”
All the eyes went to L, who hid behind Suzi, which meant crouching down pretty far. “Oops?”

“Hell yes,” Hoya laughed and chased after a fleeing L, with an over excited Dongwoo on his back. They just opened the door when a thud was heard. L crashed into someone who was just outside the doorway, and Hoya, having so much momentum, crashed into a second person.

“Yah! What the hell are you guys doing?” someone laughed.

“Jiyoung Oppa?” Suzi and I chorused curiously, and then smiled when Seunghyun and
Daesung’s laugh was heard followed by mockery from two other familiar voices. Suzi went out of the room to find GD on the floor and L getting up from on top of him. I looked onward from the doorway and waved cutely to Daesung and Seungri who returned the gesture. Suzi had bent down and needlessly helped Jiyoung to his feet along with L.

The hyperactive members of Infinite apologized until their throats bled or their abs hurt, whichever came first, but eventually became silent enough to listen to the ‘big men on campus’.

“BigBang hyungs, what are you doing here?” Hoya asked politely.

“Well we were going to steal the ladies from you, but it looks like you were having too much fun already,” Taeyang smiled.

“Ne,” Sungjong smiled. “Suzi-ssi is good with hair!” he added as he ran his fingers over the funky styled tight braids on his head.

“Ah, maybe you could do something fun with mine! Me and G-hyung can’t do much…Taeyang neither,” Seunghyun suggested enthusiastically and Suzi agreed with equal enthusiasm.

“We should probably get back to work,” Hoya stated firmly and the others sighed but nodded.

“Bye bye!” They chorused as we left with BigBang. As we approached the elevators I started to contemplate as to which one it was that was spazing out but my attention was diverted by something in Seunghyun’s hands.