Oh, That Sweet Communication

From Dream and Ambition to Reality

“Hey! Where are you guys?” Kevin asked loudly into the receiving end of the cell.

“Chillax,” Crystal smiled. “We’ve been with Beast. Why?” she asked, swinging her feet slightly back and forth as she sat on the counter, the phone on speaker for Hana to listen in. Su was out of the dorm somewhere with Junhyung, going to get some medicine from their manager.

“You forgot to call chica,” he replied light-heartedly. “It’s already 8 o’clock. You should probably head back now before Manager Shim gets curious as well. YG put us and especially him in charge of you three so according to your guys’ manager, we need to know where you are and all that protective stuff.”

“Poop,” she pouted.

“Poop?”

“Poop… Instead of the alternative word.”

“Ok. Well, good for you,” he chirped.

“Why poop?” AJ shouted in the background causing laughter. His accent when he spoke English was adorably addicting. Kevin had his phone on speaker too.

“We’ll probably need a ride. Beast oppas have preparations to get done before too long so they won’t be able to take us back and we have no money for a cab,” Hana explained.

“Um… Alright. I’ll have Soohyun come pick you three up.” They agreed and hung up. After calling up Suzi, she and Dujun returned to the dorms, their arms linked contently together as if she was being courted.

“Yah, hyung~” Yoseop beamed as he skipped towards the two. “Are you and Su-“

“He’s just being a gentleman oppa,” Suzi laughed and rolled her eyes a bit as she detached from their leader’s side.

“Neh, I apologized for our actions. Next time we’re not letting that happen,” he said and then looked to the others who sat in front of either a TV or computer in the living room. “Arrasso?” he emphasized and they nodded promisingly.

“Well Soohyun should be here in 20 minutes to pick us up,” Hana smiled brightly.

“Ah, yes. ert oppa,” Su said making a super Minho troll face, but it was cut short. “Wait,” she began getting serious. “He himself is driving?”

“Neh… Waeyo?” Crystal asked with a raised eyebrow.

Suzi pouted and started to get a glazed worrying look in her eyes. She looked much more like a porcelain doll when this happened. “Because. I don’t want anyone getting hurt~” she explained, her gaze shifted downward.

“Aw, it’s okay Suzi-ah. He’ll be fine,” Junhyung smiled, putting an arm around her and Hana, turning his head to the younger with a smug smile. “Besides, he’s got too much going for him.”

Both girls cocked an eyebrow at his last statement, but he wouldn’t give into their curiosity. “Yah!” Hana exclaimed. “Tell!” But he just shook his head cheekily.

Dongwoon’s POV

I think we should be called Jeal2st at the moment for our envious feelings. Kikwang was bugging Crys by looking over her shoulder as she texted with a smile to Kevin and Taemin. Dujun was staring a bit uncomfortably at Junhyung’s arm around Su, and I was as well with his arm around Hana. ‘What a life ,’ I thought. ‘She… er.. They have to leave again.’

We all talked about offering them a place to stay once UKISS goes off for Japanese promotions, but they said that Brand New Stardom, Woolim, or JYPE was going to take them in for the rest of their stay. JYP apparently had interest in the girls that was growing after seeing a short video clip of them practicing with Teen Top.

“Do you guys know you’re on YouTube? And not the interview. I mean of you three dancing,” Hyunseung asked randomly. They all turned to look at him with attentively wide eyes.

“What?!” “How?!” “Really!?” they harmonized.

“Your dance skills were taped and put online. Not sure, but a good guess would be a camera phone. And yep,” he smiled cheekily. I guess they were about to ask him to show the video, but a few knocks at the door cut them off.

“Soohyun-imnida~~,” a man’s voice sang strangely.

“Rawr!” Hana replied enthusiastically as she cracked open the door. I stood close behind her just in case it was an impersonator. It was sad. I think I saw him jump a little bit. Kekeke. Cute scary maknae for the win.

“Annyeong~!” he greeted us with a respectful bow, and we greeted him in return as he stepped in the doorway. “Ready?”

“Aniyo~,” Suzi frowned, her arms tight around the back of Dujun-hyung’s waist. Her disappointed eyes peeking out from behind his back. Hyung’s hands lay gently over hers, but soon they pried hers apart.

Dujun’s POV

This really . Unfortunately I was really getting to like her. Like… a lot. I gave her a tight hug before she and Junhyung did some weird handshake thing, and then watched her exit the door. ‘Must stay positive. Smile smile smile,’ I told myself. I think all I got was one of content, which by far was as false as my reading on a pregnancy test.

Hyunseung’s POV

‘Crap. The entertainment of awesome is leaving,’ I sighed. The girls had really up-d our spirits but now they had to go? Damn it! I gave them all a group hug before they left out the doors. And on top of boring days ahead, we’d have to deal with a somber Dujun, Dongwoon, and poor Kikwang. He got really shy but still gave Crys a long embrace before she left. I figured it would be up to Junhyung, Yoseop, and I to keep up the positive energy now.

Yoseop’s POV

I tried every bit of aegyo on Soohyun-hyung but got nothing but a laugh and a sincere apology. Crap. Hana-ah was too much fun to plan evil things with. Not only me, but I think Dongwoon was going to miss her the most. He really did look pained to see her go off with Soohyun and the other girls. Crystal-ah was practically his sister already too.

“At least there is something positive about this… I guess…” I began after they had completely gone. They all looked at me with skeptical stares. Kikwang seemed to get the idea though. He jumped in with, “We can use this to deepen our emotional performance. When we promote Fiction or whatever, we just have to sing about them. I know we could connect even better if we dedicated the song to them in our heart.” Each of us took a second for the idea to sink in, but we all nodded, knowing it was true. It wasn’t the end of the world.

Narrator’s POV

Kiseop came up to the door first and welcomed the girls back home. Dongho was close behind with an energetic smile. “You three look tired,” Kiseop frowned and placed his hand up to Crystal’s forehead. “You’re not sick are you?”

“No, they’re not sick per say, but they sure as hell are going to sleep,” Soohyun confirmed and the girls sighed.

“Aw, but we wanted to hang out~,” Dongho pouted. “Can they just come to our place for a little bit? They are right across the hall.”

Soohyun shook his head and ushered them all to the dorms. “Nope. The girls need their rest.” He knew why they were so tired and ‘sick’ looking. He’d been there before and although he didn’t snitch on the girls for their actions, he knew they knew that he knew. That was triumph enough. “Tomorrow morning, we’ll be down in the studios. Be there at 5:30 sharp, arrasseo?”

“Arrasseo,” Suzi said in a hushed tone, knowing very well they had disappointed the leader and probably made Beast look irresponsible.

“Rest fully,” he said with a small smile and exited their dorm’s doorway, closing the entrance and re-entering through his own doorway.

The girls fell asleep quickly, but it had just hit the eomma that she had to call someone back. Now not only a pang of guilt rested in her like a short uninvited guest, but now nervousness had also made itself at home.

“Hey~” he answered.

“Hey, Jiho-ssi,” she replied with a weary smile. “I… Mianhamnida. For this afternoon. I was having a really… realistic dream…”

At T.O.P Media—

Minsoo’s POV

“Ok, I get the hand motions but that one foot placement before we lift our knee and pivot… Yeah, I’m a little rough on that,” I explained to our choreographer, who gladly went over it with me until I got it down. “Kansahamnida~,” I smiled and bowed. It was break time but I stayed in front of the mirror for a little while longer to get the move engrained in my muscle memory.

“Hyung,” Ricky smiled, bouncing happily over to me and practicing in sync as we talked. “You should call up Suzi-ah,” he said.

“Wah!” I exclaimed and tripped over my crisscrossed feet, almost falling completely on my . Thank God my hands caught me. Ricky stood there for a second giggling before joining me in sitting on the floor. “Changjo might like her, but Choi Jonghyun has found another noona to pry on for now. I’ve seen her and they’re adorable, even though they don’t know it yet. But while C.A.P might find Minhee attractive, I totally can tell Bang Minsoo likes Suzi--however you pronounce her last name,” he smiled brightly. His words were sincere and I knew they were legitimate.

“Well Mr. Match-maker what do you suggest I do? We have practice non-stop for our comeback,” I sighed.

“Not after tomorrow~,” he sang with his head tilting side to side repeatedly. ‘Stupid cuteness,’ I laughed. “Oh jongmal? I recall them saying we start our vocal practice this week, along with dance.”

“And I recall you were going to be the last to practice along with Byunghyun the day after tomorrow. Not to mention dance isn’t until night time,” he smiled. There was a plan in those eyes, I could tell.

“What’s on your mind? I’m listening,” I smirked.

“Let’s just say Teen Top might be a little out of it in a few days,” he said, looking away from me with a content grin. Seconds later our choreographer came back in and we all gathered in our placements on the wooden floor.

Suzi’s POV

“Yah, Bang Minsoo if you really think we can make it back to the taxi before it rains you’re insane. It’s practically 24 hours of off and on cloud tears,” I sighed. I was watching the weather updates from my laptop as we spoke.

“Cloud tears, huh?” I hear him chuckle softly. “Aigoo~, do you not want to go at all? I mean, I don’t want to sound pushy. Don’t get me wrong. But… Y’know, I’ll make you a bet,” he said.

“Oh? And what will it entail?”

“If you get soaked, I’ll take you shopping and get you new clothes.”

“And if I don’t?”

“I get a present of my choice,” he said smugly.

Even though my eyes were almost closed from exhaustion, I squinted them skeptically before closing the lids and relaxing. “Fine. What time do I have to be outside?”

“I’ll call you when I’m on my way. But be ready by 9am, arrasseo?” he asked. I nodded, but felt stupid realizing he couldn’t see me. “Arrasseo,” I replied.

“Good night Suzi,” he said in a smooth but deep voice, his English accented with an exotic spice. My heart skipped down the never ending hopscotch road of life in Korea.

“G- --Good night, Minsoo,” I smiled. I fell asleep that night with a glow that easily outshined the nearby streetlight in my window.

Hana’s POV

I pranced/skipped happily into the living room where Crystal and Suzi were sitting across from each other criss-cross-applesause style. “Morning~~” I cooed.

“Well I know why Su’s in a good mood, but what’s your excuse?” Crys smiled crookedly with a cocked eyebrow.

“Dongwoon Dongwoon Dongwoon Dongwoon,” I repeated like a broken record. But an excited broken record. With feet that jumped up and down at the first syllable of his name.

Suzi gasped, clapped, and jumped up hugging me. “HE FINALLY ASKED YOU OUT?!

“Yah,” I pouted quietly. “My ear, unnie.”

“Sorry~,” she said while Crys gave me a hug too.

“But yes, to answer your question. But just for an outing, not as a girlfriend.”

“Yet,” Crys grinned.

Kya~, unnie don’t make me fangirl… again,” I laughed.

“When do you leave?” the eldest asked.

“Uh… now actually,” I said and skipped out the door. “Annyeong~!”

I think they said ‘annyeong’ back but I was already half-way down the hall. Finally I reached the front entrance to the building and happily sat on a random metal post thing and waited, kicking my feet back and forth. ‘ ,’ I thought while still smiling, only this time out of nerves. ‘What will I do? I need to act normal… Right?'

 

--------------

 

Annyeonghaseyo readers! I'm so truely sorry for my horrible procrastination. School and my body hate each other and I get the full force of their ing.

I think my old writing style is starting to come back again. Sorry if you don't like it much though. I kind of use a lot of what my teacher phrased as 'poetic' writing. I'll try and use is sparingly though, just in case some of you are annoyed with that stuff ^_^

Anywho~ I hope I don't dissapoint! Yes, Hana and Dongwoon will have their own little date kind of thing in the next chapter :) Please look forward to it~

Saranghaeyo~ *chu~* ^_^