Missing You

From Dream and Ambition to Reality

Crystal’s POV

“Minho hyung!” Taemin chirped as he placed his hand on the taller man’s strong shoulder.

“Taem- oh! Annyounghaseyo!” he said politely with a bow towards me as we stopped in the hall.

“Why must people be so damn tall,” I thought with a plead to grow. Either that or for all the tall people to get shorter. “Annyeonghaseyo,” I smiled, completely dazed still by the fact I was here. “I’m Crystal. The backup dancer you guys have to deal with,” I added with a small laugh. Both just smiled and then led me into a decent sized room where I heard laughter and what seemed like Japanese.

We entered and there stood Jonghyun, Onew, and Key. I swear I could pass out right now, but I had to do my best to keep my composure at a time like this.

“Yay! She’s shorter than me!” Jonghyun exclaimed and bowed deeply along with Key and Onew, both of to which slapped him upside the head before introducing themselves formerly. Jonghyun apologized, but I made sure to let him know I was used to it by now.

“So you all are learning Japanese?” I asked, shifting a piece of paper on the table. It had a well organized table on each page with Hangul on one side and Kanji, Katakana, and Hiragana on the other. The five nodded and Taemin let out a cute and enthusiastic, “Hai!”
I giggled a bit. “Aegyo,” I murmured under my breath. “My dongsaeng, Suzi, would love to speak with you I’m sure.”

“Oh, she knows Japanese I take it?” Key asked fixing his shirt by the shoulders, being one of his usual habits.

“Ne, and she’s the eomma of the group too. And come to think of it, you two are a lot alike.”

“Omona. In that case let’s not introduce them,” Onew said completely serious with a slight shiver. He doesn’t mind having one Key. But two? The others chuckled and Key smiled cutely.

“Jinjja?” Key asked. “I expect her to have good fashion and nag all the time then,” he added proudly.

I nodded and laughed. “I’m sure she can meet those expectations.”

“Yah, what about you? Who are you most like?” Jonghyun asked not looking like he wanted to go back to studying.

“Well Hana-ah and Suzi kind of agreed on Onew sunbae,” I said, awkwardly making a gesture in his direction.

“Do you have Onew Sangtae?” Taemin asked bending over the table with his head in his hands as I nodded and sighed.

“Yeah, I guess so. Not so great with hand-eye-foot coordination unless it’s choreography that I’ve perfected.”

“Oh, well that’s alright. It just makes you special,” Onew said with confidence and a nod.

“Let’s get back to studying,” Key piped up and sat down.

Minho pulled out an extra chair from the back of the room and sat it down next to where Taemin had taken a seat. “Here you go. You can learn with us.”

“Kansahamnida,” I smiled and sat between Taemin and Onew. This would be interesting.

Hana’s POV

“Hana… deul… set…” Kikwang began. All of us stood in two lines in the hallway. I was in front and slightly scared of a stampede about to devour my being.

“Go!” I yelled and took off down the hall first. A confused group of idols followed behind me, pushing each other into walls and ricocheting off each other with yells and laughs. I glanced behind me several times to view the amusing scene. However, I didn’t realize that Dongwoon was directly behind me. Until of course he picked me up and kept running ahead while the others protested. They had been knocking each other aside to get in front but now they couldn’t do the same to their maknae. He happened to hold the safety zone in his arms. Keke. Me! …That was awkward wording probably, but it’s true! They didn’t want to knock him over for fear of killing me. Yay for being a female! Except for the fact I was laughing my head off as my cheeks burned to a first degree.

Dongwoon put me down and then opened the door to the recording studio. He let me go in first, and did so with warm cheeks as well. More than likely embarrassed by his actions. “Mianhamnida,” he apologized with a small bow. “I didn’t mean to make you feel uncomfortable. But I didn’t wish to knock you down or loose either,” he said with honest adorableness.

“It’s alright, I didn’t feel too awkward,” I laughed as the others picked on him for pretty much cheating.

“Yah! Let’s get to work guys,” Joonkun, the manager, said as he came into the room. The boys separated and one by one went into the recording room while I sat with the others on the opposite side of the glass window. The manager left for a little while and now our conversations began to take a long exodus downhill.

“What?” Yoseob smirked as he looked at Kikwang who was looking down and swaying a bit back and forth on the couch with embarrassment.

“So you can admit to a reporter or radio host or on TV that you watch , but if you’re in a room with one younger girl you don’t know, you burn up like a Charazard?” Junhyung asked bluntly with a laugh.

Kikwang just nodded and the others just stared at him for a moment. “What?!” he said in defense. “It wasn’t like I was going to see them so often again. She’ll be with us for at least a week!”

“Yeah, but you pretty much told Jung Juri-ajumma. And don’t you see her on every show?” Doojoon chuckled as Kikwang’s eyes widened for a second before he facepalmed.

“Mianhamnida,” Dongwoon said to me before shaking his head. “You shouldn’t have to hear this.”

“Ne! Aish, you guys. What are you thinking?!” Yoseob scolded before smiling and doing a erted eyebrow move to no one in particular. Well, at least he knows what they’re thinking. ^_^

I laughed as I covered my eyes lightly with one hand. “Anniyo. It’s not that bad. Believe me. In the first place, I’m a teenager in America. So I’ve heard my fair share. And secondly, my friends are just as erted. Therefore I’m a ert in a way too, so your comments really don’t make me feel insulted or anything,” I rambled off as they smiled in relief.

“So other than Japanese song thing, food, and talk, what are we going to do for the rest of the day?” I asked, nonchalantly passing the buttons of someone’s jean jacket between my fingers.

Suzi’s POV

“UKwon-ssi,” I began as I approached him, leaving Jaehyo’s side for a moment as we made our way to the dance studio.

“Ne? Are ya nervous?” he asked, with the glamour grin.

“Ne…and anniyo,” I said with a slight laugh. I massaged my hands to clam them. They were shaking a bit from the excitement. “I’m just excited I guess. I was curious though. Why did you accept me into the group for the week? I heard I wasn’t just simply placed here. You guys had a say in it too.”

“Oh, that. Well, yeah it’s true. Cho PD hyung really gives us our freedom, so right after he was given the info that a backup dancer needed a group to tag along with, he left the deciding up to us,” he explained. I had to use context clues on some of his phrases. U-Kwon as well as the rest of Block B was still young, so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that some slang used. One thing I wished I would have cared to study would be that.

“Wow. He looks kind of cold from the outside. But from what you say, I guess he’s really kind and generous,” I smiled and he nodded. “But, I’m still curious…” I laughed a bit.

“About wha- oh,” he chuckled. “That would be a question for Zico. He’s good at the whole ‘put-the-words-together-in-a-cool/professional-sounding-way’ kind of thing. I’d probably just keep rambling,” he smiled as he opened the door and led the way in. I nodded and returned a smile.

“I’ll just ask him during break,” I mumbled to myself. It wasn’t really that important now anyways. With a deep breath I walked over towards the back of the room and started stretching. “Hopefully they won’t want me to dance,” I thought, still nervous. “I don’t think I could do it without getting too worried I’d mess up.” I pouted a bit. “I wish Hana and Crystal were here.”