Warm Get-togethers

From Dream and Ambition to Reality

Narrator's POV

"I can WALK!" Suzi shouted from the kitchen upon seeing her dongsaeng come through the doors with Starbucks and a skeptical look. "Ok, yeah, so not like walk around the city for an hour kind of walk, but I can still walk," she grinned.

"Good," Hana eye smiled. "Minsoo-oppa will be happy to hear he doesn't have to carry you awkwardly around to wherever you're going."

"Yeah, probably," she agreed with a nod. She grabbed the hot white chocolate mocha out of the holder and took a drink just as her phone lit up. It vibrated around on the counter singing "Dr. Dr. Feel good~". She lip sang along before answering it with a smile, "Yooobeoseyo?...neh, Minsoo-ah....Neh, i know... arraseo. See you in a little." With this she turned to the maknae and gave her a pat on the head before waving goodbye as she walked carefully but cheerfully out the door.

"So tell me again why we had to get up this early too?" Crystal yawned as she came out from her room with a blanket wrapped loosely around her shoulders. With one hand she clamped the edges together at her chest and with the other, reached and took out the hot chocolate from the cardboard holder.

"Because you have to give the taxi driver directions back to YG so that I can visit Daesung, and you wanted to call Taemin before they begin their massive amounts of interviews and performances," Hana explained. Crystal nodded, knowing this already, but still wishing they could have slept in.

"I'll get my cell phone," Crys sighed with reluctance as she sipped her drink and made her way back to the room she and Suzi shared.

"I'll get my coat," Hana smiled brightly, skipping to her own room to figure out which coat to wear in case the weather took a rainy and cold turn. So badly was she wishing to see Daesung. None of them but her, had talked with him since they left and they were all worrisome as to his condition. When she saw him though, she promised herself to be strong and warm no matter what he looked like. Even though, she guessed, she may as well be visiting a zombie. So much was eating away at him, and she knew it. Come to think of it, the whole group was probably the same. Suzi had called Jiyoung a few days after their last text but there was no one to answer. She had tried twice in the two days past that, but still, the same result. The girls could tell the eomma's fur was ruffled by this, but thankfully she had Dongwoo to take her mind off things for a while. Crystal these days was pretty much glued to her phone. Either talking with Gikwang or Taemin. "Crystal~~," Hana called out, peeking into her room. "YAH!" The eldest had fallen back asleep on the bed, her cell phone cradled next to her ear.

"Shush," she grumbled. "It's not every morning that you're serenaded by Lee Taemin," she gushed.

"Ugh...No, and I'm perfectly fine with that," Hana said, crinkling her nose and furrowing her eyebrows. "Aish, just get up. I need to see Dae~," she whined. Finally the red-head got motivated, dressed, and walked down with her to a taxi. On their way to YG, they laughed as they passed two familiar figures quickly walking out of a store marked "Sensations" with embarrassed grins on their faces.

"Leave it to Su and Minsoo to accidentally walk into an adult shop," Crys said with her hand covering her eyes in partial disbelief.

"She probably saw the shoes in the window and immediately opened the door," Hana smiled. "At least we have conversation starter for Dongwoo on that Plan B deal-y-o." They laughed at the coincidence of the event and then began to speak in Korean, and more appropriately as well. They were very happy to know the driver didn't speak much English. That might have turned out to be kind of a creepy situation.

---

Minsoo's POV

"Do you want?" she asked, holding her drink up to my chest while we stopped to admire some artwork in a store window.

"What is it?" I asked, looking from the beverage to her pale skinned face. Funny thing was, it wasn't very different from a lot of the idols in the industry. She didn't have brown eyes or very defined cheek bones, but her complexion and cheeks were soft, a full lower lip, perfect eyebrows, a unique hair style, and double eye-lids that were found very attractive now days. All these things I had taken in at yet never really processed until right then. Unfortunately she had been talking at that point too.

"Ok..I'll take that as a no..." she said and took a drink as she looked back at the portraits.

"Huh?..Mianhae~, I spaced out."

She laughed lightly with a shake of her head. "Just try it. It's White Chocolate Mocha."

I did as she told me and took a sip, slightly giggly as to the 'indirect kiss' scenario. I don't think she caught on though. Either way it was yummy and I nodded my head in approval. "Ah~, it's really good. Finish it up though. There'll be plenty to drink and eat where we're going."

She nodded once and gulped the rest of it down. "Kaja!" she smiled and I linked her arm in mine. We walked a little further before entering a welcoming restaurant. The lady at the front greeted us kindly before I gave her my name. "Neh, we're here for our cooking lessons," I smiled. She nodded and went into the back for a moment.

"Minsoo-ah, what in the world are you thinking?!" the girl at my side whispered harshly. "This can't be cheap," she pouted.

"Yah, I wanted to, arraseo?" I said gently. She sighed and nodded in understanding, becoming excited for the surprise. "At least she double checks before accepting something so generous," I thought, kind of amused by her guilty but take-whatever-is-handed-to-me-anyways kind of style. It showed she had a warm heart but a strategic mind.

"Follow me," the woman smiled and lead us to the kitchen area where was an older man that was on the chubby side. On his arm were two aprons that he handed to me. I thanked him and slung one over my arm before placing the other over Suzi's head and tying it in the back around her waist. It was hard for me to not simply hug her from behind right there, but I instead walked over to the counter and placed my own apron over me and tied it.

"What are we making?" Suzi asked after putting her hair in a tight side bun upon her head.

"Gyuasaeng. It's a mandu stuffed with shredded cucumber and minced meat," the chef replied. I turned to her for a second. She probably caught onto the name, mandu, cucumber, and meat... I sighed quietly as she smiled and made a "mmm" sound before happily following the chef to the pot of boiling water. One has to have high respect for the girls. They came here with enough talent to keep up with our sunbaes and yet only enough knowledge of the culture and language to get by with. To be here with only natives and no personal guide for translation issues, they were doing very well in staying confident and not becoming overly stressed from confusion.

As the date went on further I realized that this girl was probably not going to be much more than a good friend and as we started to place the food we made onto plates for our brunch, I laughed.

"What?" she smiled inquisitively. "Do mine look funny? I know I shaped the dough kind of weird.."

"Well..that too. But aniyo. I was just thinking," I said, buying myself some time to sort out my words.

"Thinking~ what?" she asked, wanting me to elaborate as we walked out of the kitchen with our food and to a table.

"I talked to Hoya-hyung yesterday," I began and saw her tense up a bit. With a little grin I continued. "Mhmm, we talked a while but we eventually got to the part about you."

"Me? Why me?"

"Dongwoo-hyung."

"..."

"..."

"Minsoo-ah I don't want to sound-"

"Yah," I laughed before she could go any further. "Don't explain. I hear there's a Plan B going on. And while -- yes, I was a little uncomfortable with this information at first, I found out something else today." I looked at her and I could tell she was about to overflow with guilt. She spoke confidently though.

"Oh? And what would that be?"

"That I'm going to help them," I smiled with a meddlesome chuckle.

"You-.. -- Yah!" she exclaimed hitting my arm and then casually sat back in her chair with folded arms. "Aish~. Hana, Sungyeol, Hoya, Crys..and now you. I really have to choose my friends better next time," she laughed.

----

Narrator's POV

“Here ya go maknae,” Crys said as they came to a stop in front of Big Bang’s door. “Call me when you’re ready to get back to the dorms so we can practice.”

Hana nodded in understanding and knocked a few times on the door as Crystal made her way back towards the lobby, he cell phone glued to her ear. The youngest could tell she was excited to talk to Taemin, and sort of rolled her eyes at it. “Daesung-ah?” she called. When no response came knocked again, although a bit hesitant. “Dae-.” The door opened. “Hi..Daesung-ah,” she said trying her best to gather a gentle smile. His eyes were strained looking, and dark circles threatened to eat away what was left of the whites of his eyes. His hair wasn’t styled as perfect as before, and instead lay askew on his head that was turned down to look at her. Although, his eyes didn’t fully meet hers. To see him so torn about made her stomach flip and recoil. There had to be something to make him feel better, even if in the slightest.

“Come in,” he said softly and back up a few steps to allow her to enter before shutting the door once again. The click seemed to bounce with an eerie emptyness off the walls.

“Are the others here?” she asked, laying her coat over the arm of the couch.

He shook his head and softly walked towards her, sitting slowly next to her on the couch. But he distanced himself this time. “No, they had to go and sort some things out. Finnish some things too.”

For a few minutes, Hana wasn’t quite sure what to do but play with the seams on her jeans. “You haven’t been able to sleep have you?” she asked gently.

He shook his head in response to this question as well. “Only if I’m comforted by Jiyoung-hyung or..you..”

With a smile she turned to him and patted a hand on her thigh. “Pillow.”

“Ah, I don’t want to-.”

“-Shush.. Pillow.”

With only another slight hesitation he practically collapsed onto her, his head resting comfortably on her lap. His eyes closed immidiately as he felt her fingers lightly massage his head and her other hand gently brushing the side of his shoulder before it rested there comfortably. “Before I fall asleep,” he began, barely audible. “Tell Suzi that Jiyoung-hyung really enjoyed the date a few nights ago. He was acting really snappy because he was tired when Seungri asked him, but I know he had fun because..he seemed relaxed, when I called him on their little outing.”

Hana looked down at him with an extremely confused expression, but she didn’t say anything as he was already asleep. Jiyoung couldn’t have possibly been with Suzi a few nights ago. She was up with her watching MBLAQ’s Sesame Player. Daesung wouldn’t say something like this randomly or in such detail if it was a lie. Nor would he have reason to. “So then why would Jiyoung-oppa lie?” she thought a bit unhappy and disappointed in the leader’s strange actions.

An hour passed and they both had ended up sleeping on his bed. His head lay beside her arm as his arm laid over her waist. She was resting her eyes, feeling his evened breaths against her skin, when she remembered that although Suzi was away, she and Crystal still had to go to the dance studios.Carefully she slid out of the bed and left a small note where her body used to be. She felt like giving his a small kiss goodbye, but she was more of a person who respected space than invaded it. Especially in one's sleep. She lightly poked his cheek with a cute pout before leaving with a warm smile. Picking up her cell once she had left the boy's dorms, she dialed Crys-unnie.

"I'm ready... Yeah. It was fine. He's asleep now. I hope he rests well... who's that in the background... aniyo, tell me now...fine. See you soon," she sighed and hung up to enter the elevator. After making it into the lobby she decided to give a few things some serious thought while waiting for her unnie to get back from the seaside. Apparently a certain someone had met up with her and decided to take a little side trip. Luckily she had started to head back a while before Hana had called so it wouldn't take forever.

---

It had been a week or so now. SHINee was half-way through with their Japan promotions, Block B was preparing their hearts out for their performances to come, Beast was doing so as well, and the talk of Big Bang seemed to have quieted down some, although every bit of news in association with Daesung's incident was brought up on the TV. The girls could only watch so much of it and decided to leave it off for the rest of the month unless it was for performances of Music Core, M!Countdown, etc.

Suzi's ankle had healed well, and now she simply always wore athletic tape on each ankle around the dorms for caution. Plan B hadn't been carried out due to their schedules but Suzi felt something was going to happen soon. And she was right in feeling so.

---

"A lock in?" Suzi questioned with a slight whine to her voice. She hated those. They always ended up being boring after the first hour and then from there, they got awkward.

"Yep!" Hana grinned. She liked lock ins just fine, and although she did agree with Su on the fact they got boring, she knew this one wouldn't. At most it would be awkward. But definitely not boring.

"Where?" Crystal asked, more concerned as to whether there would be good cell phone service or internet access so she could talk with some people over-seas. One being Taemin, two being her family, and three being Gikwang who was apparently overseas at the moment as well. The trip to the seaside was fun and he promised her they'd go again once the rain stopped. So far...no luck. The weather had gotten pretty dull.

"It's going to be- oh, Su you'll love this- in Woolim's basement," Hana smiled.

"Why should I love this?" Su responded. "She must be hungry," Hana glared. "Pissy umma much?" To this she got a glare shot right back at her while Crystal just smirked as she tried to remember how come they lasted as friends for so long. "ANYways, you'd be excited because there's an old dance studio down there. Plus some more random stuff that the PD didn't feel like telling us."

"...?" Both girls questioned her with their silence before Crystal spoke up. "So what's this lock-in for anyways?"

"A TV show," Hana grinned. This brightened the umma's expression and made the eldest find the nearest pillow to hide under.

Suzi turned to see her unnie's body curled up on the couch, her head covered by a small decorative pillow. "Aw come on unnie," she chuckled.

"No," she mumbled.

"It's overnight too.." Hana added, making Suzi raise a suggestive eyebrow before turning back to view Crys.

"N-.... ..Fine," she sighed and came out of 'hiding'. "When do we start?"

"Tomorrow afternoon," Hana said looking through her texts.

"Yay! Ok, let's get something to eat and then let's pack~," Su smiled and then turned to get something from the fridge.
"Plan B," Hana mouthed to Crystal who nodded and grabbed her cell phone.