Don't You Cry, Say Goodbye~

From Dream and Ambition to Reality

Narrator's POV

“Crryyyysssstallllll~” Taemin called from the conference room door.

Crys stopped and turned down the hallway to face the blonde haired boy. “Ne?”

“We’re having a meeting thing and manager hyung wants you in here too.”

“Oh…um. Ok,” she replied with a worrisome tone to her voice. ‘Was I doing something wrong? Am I being scolded for distracting them a few days ago? Aigoo, it was all my fault in the first place. I wouldn’t be surprised,’ she thought as she made her way into a seat next to Taemin.

Key’s POV

Everyone was pretty excited but they remained pretty calm while the manager explained things to our lil’ backup dancer.

“You’ve expressed a good showcase of your skill as a dancer and we were discussing the fact that we are in need of a few more backup dancers for our shows. We’re heading over to Japan in the next few days to promote for a little. It would be up to you and our pleasure if you would accompany us on the way,” he said. Taeminnie’s eyes never left Cystal’s face. I think he had gained a crush on the girl over the past week and a half. He had those sparkly eyes of hope and excitement when he finished.

“Don’t look now,” I began with a smile, “but if you saw Minnie’s face I think it’d be harder to say no.”

The maknae blushed a bit when Crys looked at him and made a scrunched pouty face. She both hated and loved the boy’s cuteness. “I really really really really want to,” she said with honest eagerness lacing her voice. “But I’m not sure about it. I mean it would be great to be with you guys for your promotions! I’d love to come and support! But-”

“It’s your friends huh?” Onew asked blankly with a small smile. She nodded and it grew warmer. “It’s ok. It seems like those two are very much like family to you.”

Crys nodded again sadly. Taemin put his arm around her shoulder and I don’t know about the others but I definitely saw her tense up a bit. Haha~! She’s adorable. “Ne, it’s fine Crysy~” Tae smiled.

“Aw~ Well shoot. Now I have to take care of these brats on my own,” I teased.

“Not if Suzi-ah can come. Do you think-” Minho began but stopped and looked a bit embarrassed. Me and Jongie laughed a bit before Crystal shook her head.

“Anniyo,” she said. “She’d love to but then she’d start freaking out that Hana-ah would set the dorm on fire.”

“That’s right,” Onew chuckled. “Apparently she can set water on fire.”

There were several laughs and then the manager stood, leading us to follow suit. “Well we’ll definitely miss you not being able to join us,” he said with a smile. “But I’m sure we’ll be able to see you later in the months to come. As well as your friends. I also wanted to thank you for getting these boys outside the other day. It improved their exhausted mindset and gave them more energy after the fresh air sunk in.”

“Ah, kansahamnida. And you are very welcome sir. It’s kind of late now so may I be excused? I think my dongsaengs are worrying over the fact I haven’t called them all day,” she sighed. He nodded and we all left the conference room, filing into the hallway.

“Aw~~ But that means we can’t see you for a long time. We’re packing up tomorrow,” Jonghyun pouted. There he goes… acting like an awkward puppy-saur again.

“Before you go, give Key-eomma a hug,” I stated with my arms stretched out. She smiled and wrapped her arms around me in a quick tight hug before the others gave her some hug-love too. Onew had to be all awkward with it, but whatever. He’ll just have to deal with it ^_^. Keke.

Crystal’s POV

I waved to them as I got into the taxi and drove away from the curb. ‘Damn it!’ I thought with a sigh. My eyes were watering up. I didn’t want to leave them! They were like a second family. Or would it be my third?....... Anyways, this kind of . I sighed and wiped my eyes clear and put somewhat of smile on my face. I would get to see them again eventually.

The taxi pulled against the curb of the YG dorm we stayed at. ‘Finally. English time!’ I thought with a lighter view on life. “I’m hoooome~” I called as I stepped through the door of our dormitory. “Holy crap dude,” I said in shock as I was attacked by a hug from Suzi. She laughed and apologized before looking at my face and frowning.

“You were crying… Who did what to you? Am I going to have to beat someone to death? Did you meet someone that awesome?” she rambled and then gasped. “Nothing happened to SHINee guys right?”

Hana-ah came up and smacked her on the back of the head before looking towards me. “What happened?” she asked simply.

“SHINee’s manager asked me to go with them to Japan for promotions. Taemin was all pouty and cute and hugged me and I really wanted to go. And then I said I wouldn’t because I couldn’t be away from you guys for that long or that far, and it would kind of freak me out even though it would be amazingly awesome.”

They just sort of stood there after my explanation before hugging me happily. “Ahhh! That’s awesome! Not just the fact that you’re staying but that they asked you. Oh! And that Taemin gave you a hug too of course. I’m surprised you didn’t faint,” Suzi laughed.

“Oh. Speaking of which. Minho was bein’ all crushy crushy on you Su,” I teased. Haha! I love it when her face does that! It goes from ‘O.O to O.o to OoO to XD to ^_^ to ^o^’ all while her cheeks become a brighter shade of pink.

Hana laughed and simply called her a spaz before jumping like an awkward kangaroo into the kitchen to eat her piece of chocolate cake that Doojoon and Kikwang made for us.

“It’s okay though. We’ll see them again soon! Just be patient,” Suzi smiled with her arm around me. “Tomorrow is the last day for Hana and I’ll officially be done once the new MV is finished. So after I finish up the recording, I’ll take you and Hana out for a surprise. Sound good?”

I nodded contently and joined Hana on the couch. Suzi had gone to sleep with her new Hello Kitty plushy. Zico had found out she liked the character as well so that was a part of the surprise. BBomb on the other hand had asked Hana what her ultimate favorite cartoon character was. So now she was also sleeping with a Tweety Bird plushy.

Zico’s POV

I laid down, my hands over my full stomach. Sighing, I closed my eyes with a small smirk. I figured she’d like the stuffed toys. Her eyes were as big as soccer balls when she saw the good food choices. And then when we went to another place for dessert. Ha! She may have fangirled a bit over meeting SHINee and Beast hyungs but I don’t think they stood a chance next to the Hwajeon and Sujunggwa.

Ah~, good day,” I mumbled in a whisper to myself before falling asleep.

Hyunseung’s POV

“Oh my gahd!” I exclaimed in English. “Would you three please just calm down?” I asked firmly. Kikwang, Yoseob, and Dongwoon hadn’t shut up about tomorrow being the last day with our new friend. I wasn’t that excited for it either but I was sure going to need some sleep. Our promotions on Fiction were starting in the next few weeks and the following days were going to be a bunch of work.

I saw them stick their tongue at me but I really could care less at the moment.

Narrator’s POV

Everyone except for Suzi woke up with a slight twinge of pain in their gut. They had made really good friends over the almost two weeks of being together. Hana left early as usual to go to Cube while Suzi and Crystal stayed behind and slept in.

“Hey,” Crys greeted her friend who stood at the kitchen counter eating rice.

“Hey,” Suzi replied and checked the clock before looking back at her friend who was now raiding the cabinet for a poptart pack. “It’s almost noon. I take it you didn’t sleep much huh?” she asked with sympathy and a bit of worry. However, the warm smile she had at the same time helped to keep the atmosphere less heavy.

“Yeah. But like you said. We’ll see ‘em again soon. But enough about that. How ‘bout you? Why aren’t you over at NewStardom?”

“We don’t need to practice ‘til tomorrow. They’re doing a bunch of vocals today and said I should stay home and rest up.”

Crys nodded a few times. “Gotcha. So wait… where’d you go yesterday? I know you got the two plushies but where’d the awesome cheesy kimchi rice come from?”

Suzi laughed a bit. “Its Kimchi Cheese Bokkumbap. We went to Babtol’s!” she said, still excited. “And then we went back to their dorm for dessert.”

Crytal raised her eyebrow and smirked. “Oh so you’ve known them for about two weeks and already going to their dorm?”

Suzi smirked back and added sarcastically, “I know, I’m such a scandalous being. Now let’s just go and watch TV. It’s time to chillax,” she smiled.

The carefree nature lasted throughout the day until a slightly depressed and yet happy maknae came through the door. She had gotten presents too. It was only that and the fact her unnies were so supportive that kept her smiling. Tonight it was her turn for restlessness.