I Won't Let Go...

I Won't Let Go...

 

Key’s POV

“MWO?” Jonghyun hyung raised his voice. “Are you kidding me Key? He doesn’t even know the girl. Much less her name. How can he fall in love with her? Nonsense.” 

“*Jinjjayo hyung. If you can see his face and action just now, it’s as if he’s the boyfriend.” I said to him. “It’s the first time that I saw him look like that. He never looks like that with his previous ex-girlfriend. There’s just something different with this girl. Like he can’t even let her go for a second.”

“That is so weird coming from Onew hyung. He is kind to everybody but not to that extend.” Jonghyun hyung said.

“Yeah, that’s why I said that he falls for this girl and it’s for real man. I can’t believe that I’ve witness this with my own eyes. Haha. Then I can talk to their children how his face was at that moment.” I said while laughing.

“Pabo ya. You think just because of that and they’ll get married and have kids? You’re such a dreamer.”

“I don’t care what you have to say hyung. I’m going to be their cupid if I have to. Haha. I want children.”

“Go get marry by yourself then and have your own children.”

“Can’t. Haven’t found the one yet. As Onew hyung found his, I’m going to depend on him.”

“You’re so weird. I can’t imagine a lot of little Kibum’s running around the house. It’ll be a nightmare.”

“Yah. What nightmare.” I yelled. I was glared by the nearby nurse. “Yah, I don’t want to talk to you anymore. And Onew hyung just come out of the washroom. We need to go to the girl’s room. Bye.” Then I clicked the End button.


Seungyeon’s POV

I slowly open my eyes. White ceiling? Where am I? My room is painted in yellow and not white. Argh. My head hurts. What had happened? I felt something warm on my right hand, I turned to my right and was shocked to see a guy sleeping while his head lay on the bedside while holding my hands. Then I saw another guy sleeping on the couch with a blanket on top of half of his body. He has blonde hair. I looked closely at the guy sleeping beside me on the chair. His hair is black and he has a smooth and gentle face. Oh. Everything rushed back into my mind. He’s the guy that saved me from drowning. So this is the hospital then. And he’s here taking care of me? 

I feel so warmed by his care. I moved a bit to have a closer look at him but he started to wake up and looked straight at me. Again I was mesmerized by his gaze. He kept gazing at me without a word. Then he said, “Gwaenchanayo?” in his soothing voice.

“I’m fine, thank you.” I croaked. Ah, my lung felt dry.

“Oh. Your lung must be dry since you haven’t drunk anything since yesterday right. Here.” He let go of my hand to pour water into a glass. He helped me to adjust the bed to a sitting position then hand me the glass of water. The moment he let go of my hand, I felt kind of empty. It’s like he completes me. What am I saying? I don’t even know him for goodness sake. I took the glass of water and drink it heartily by finishing it in one go. I didn’t realize how thirsty I was.

He chuckled a bit. “Slow down. There’s plenty of water here.” He said while smiling. He looked so handsome when he smiles. I felt my heart beats fast again. I gulped down my own saliva while nodding my head to indicate that I heard him.

“Let me take that.” He took the glass from me and put it on the table next to my hospital bed. Then he boldly took my hand again and held it with both of his hand. I don’t mind though. It felt warm.

“I know this is overdue. What is your name?” He asked me.

“Seungyeon. Han Seungyeon. What about you?” I asked with my head cocked to the side.

He smiled wider when he heard my name. “Seungyeon. What a pretty name.” That compliment made me blush. “My name is Jinki. Lee Jinki. But mostly my friends call me Onew.”

Jinki. I like his name. “Jinki-shi. Emm, why do your friends call you Onew?” I asked.

He chuckled again. “Ah. They said it suits me cause I have an aura of softness in me, which I don’t see. Haha.”

“Oh. It’s kind of true though. You emit a gentle aura that can calm people. But I like to call you Jinki if you don’t mind.” I said while smiling at him.

Now it’s his turn to blush from my statement. He unconsciously put his hand to the back of his head. “Haha. Cheongmalyo? Sure, Seungyeon. Just call me Jinki. But how old are you?”

“I’m on my second year in college. 21 years old.” I replied without hesitating. I just felt like I can talk to him about anything.

“Ah, I'm 23 years old. Then I’m older than you. You should call me oppa.” He said with a straight face.

I looked at him, then laughed. His face was so funny when he said it seriously. “Neh. Jinki oppa.” And I continue to laugh.

He looked confounded. He must be thinking why I laughed so hard. Suddenly the guy who sleeps on the couch woke up and sat up looking at us. “Yah, you two are very noisy.” While shooting daggers at us with his eyes. I laugh more, if that is possible. He looked so cute while saying that, that I just can't hold my laughter in check. I laughed till there were tears in my eyes. This is the first time I ever laugh this hard for so long.


Onew’s POV

Seungyeon laughed harder when Key spoke to us while glaring at both of us who ruined his sleep. What an enigma this lady is. She suddenly laughed when I asked her to call me oppa. Is there something on my face? I used my right hand to check my face while the other still holding her right hand. I realized that she doesn’t take her hands away from me all this time. And that makes me smile.

“Why are you laughing?” Key asked.

“Sorry.” *Hiccough* “Really. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to wake you up but Jinki oppa’s serious face just now and then your adorable face while reprimanding us is just way too funny for me.” And she continued to laugh again. I turned my head to Key and just shrug.

He looked so confused. But a smile tugged at the corner of his lips and joined Seugyeon in this crazy laughing session. I just looked at the both of them laughing their heart out.

“And why are you laughing too Key?” I asked.

“Cause I can imagine it when she said you put on your serious face. That is funny. Haha.” 

“What’s wrong with my serious face?” I was totally puzzled.

“Nothing.” They said simultaneously. I rolled my eyes. I could never understand them. After their laughter subsided, Key asked for her name and she told him. He then introduced himself to her too.

“I’m Kim Kibum, but you can just call me Key.” 

“Key-shi. Hmm, why do the both of you have other name? Jinki oppa as Onew and you as Key?”

“Ah, you call Onew hyung as Jinki?” He said while looking at me. I know what he was thinking. Cause nobody really called me Jinki except my parents. Even Taemin my own dongsaeng calls me Onew hyung cause he likes to call me that. It started with him anyway. It’s not that I don’t like my real name, but the opposite. I only let some people calls me Jinki. Seungyeon herself wants to call me Jinki. I like it. 

“Well, it’s just our nickname since we’re small. The name Key is because I can solve almost all problems. Haha.” Key said while turning his eyes towards Seungyeon again.

“Ah. I see.”

“There are five of us close friends.” I explained. “There’s me and Key, my dongsaeng Taemin, Key’s cousin Kim Jonghyun, and our friend Minho. All of us in college too except Taemin, for he’s still in his final year in high school.” 

“Emm. I hope I can meet them someday. I have a namdongsaeng called Yoogeun, and he’s only 5 years old.” Then she paused. “ Ah. I almost forgot. My family and NaNa. They must be really worried cause I didn’t call them last night.” She begins to panic.

I squeezed her hand to calm her down and it seems to work cause she immediately relax her posture. “Don’t worry Seungyeon. I will call your family for you.”

“Thank you Jinki oppa. But I would like you to call my best friend NaNa instead of my family. I don’t want them to get worried. Here’s her number.” She wrote on a piece of paper that was provided on top of the table beside her bed. Before I can take the paper, Key stood up and took the paper from Seungyeon's hand.

“Let me call her. You take care of Seungyeon, hyung.” He said while eyeing me carefully.

I think he understand my situation. I was so thankful to him. I do want to spend more time with her. “Komawo Key.”

“No problem. Just make sure you’ll cook for us for the rest of the week.” I knew it. There must be something in return. But I don’t mind. 

“Neh.” I said. He walked out of the room to make the call.

“Jinki oppa. I want to thank you for saving my life. I don’t know what will happen if you didn’t see me at that time.” Seungyeon said while shivering.

“Hey. It’s okay. You’re safe now. Don’t worry.” I said while lifting her fringe aside. She has soft hair. I can’t help to touch it.

She looked a bit surprised by my action. I need to restrain myself. 

“Thank you again oppa.” She said while gazing into my eyes.

Out of nowhere I heard myself asking her, “Do you want to go out with me sometime?” And I could’ve hit myself for suddenly asking her that question. She looked so surprised. I just continued, “I mean, only if you want.” While hanging my head down. I don’t think I can handle her rejection. Way to go Jinki. Scare her more will you. Sigh.

 



***
 



To be continued...
 



A/N
*Jinjjayo = Really

That's all for chapter 3.  What do you think will happen next? I'll give a bit of a clue for you guys. It'll be an episode with Key and a certain someone. Hehe.  Take a guess. 
Until the next chapter. Annyeong.