I Won't Let Go...

I Won't Let Go...

Key’s POV

I was scolding Onew hyung who wanted to take the fried chicken before Minho and Taemin come back and Jonghyun hyung is not even arrived yet from picking up his friend. He seemed excited to bring this friend of his since I told them about Taemin’s surprise birthday party. He was the one who suggested to bring another friend too after we asked Onew hyung to bring Seungyeon. I don’t mind actually because I wanted to bring NaNa too. 

Ever since we spent most of the time discussing and planning about getting Onew hyung and Seungyeon to confess to each other, I felt quite close to her. In a way, it seems that I’m used to her by my side where we always started off nearly tearing each other up before we made up again in the end. But, when I asked her yesterday to join us for Taemin’s birthday party, she declined saying that she already had an appointment with a friend who wanted to bring her to his friend’s birthday party too. Sigh. Why did the guy’s friend’s birthday is the same day as Taemin anyway. And I don’t like by the sound of NaNa talked about this guy because it seemed as if she is interested with the guy.

Hmph. Why do I care anyway? She can like anybody in this world and I couldn’t care less. After I scolded Onew hyung and Seungyeon trying to distract him with drinks that I heard someone was at the door. I arranged the plates on the table while calling out to Jonghyun hyung. “Ah, Jonghyun hyung, you’re here with your friend? We’re in the living room.” I yelled at him.

I turned to the door and had the shocked of my life. NaNa is at the door with Jonghyun hyung’s hand on her wrist. She looked shocked when she saw me too. 

“Yes we’re here. This is my friend that I was talking about. Introducing, this is NaNa.” Jonghyun hyung said with a big smile on his face. 

I can see from the corner of my eyes that even Onew hyung and Seungyeon is shocked at NaNa’s presence in the house with Jonghyun hyung. I guess they won’t be shocked if she’s here with me since we know each other since at the hospital. But this is Jonghyun hyung we’re talking about. They didn’t even know each other before. And now they appeared in front of us while holding hands. Well it’s actually Jonghyun hyung who held NaNa’s wrist. But still, it’s quite shocking to see it.

Jonghyun hyung looked puzzled by our reaction and silence. Because no one utter a sound when he introduced NaNa to us. “What’s wrong with you guys? Why did all of you look shocked?” Jonghyun hyung asked.

Seungyeon recovered from her shocked first. “NaNa? What are you doing here? I thought you said you want to go out with your friend’s friend’s birthday party?” Seungyeon asked then she looked like I-get-it-now kind of face. “Omo, don’t tell me. The friend that you mentioned is Jonghyun-shi?”

NaNa just looked at Seungyeon and they seemed to communicate with each other without saying anything. 

“So, the person that you really wanted to bring is NaNa?” Onew hyung asked Jonghyun hyung.

“Neh. I met her at my work place and we hit it off as friend after that. What’s wrong with that? And Seungyeon seemed to know you NaNa?” Jonghyun hyung asked NaNa.

“She’s my roommate.” NaNa managed to talk after being silent all this while. I just kept silent since I yelled at Jonghyun hyung that we’re in the living room.

“Oh. So the infamous roommate is actually Seungyeon? What a small world. But then, why did Kibum looked so shocked too?” Jonghyun hyung asked.

NaNa turned to look at Jonghyun hyung with a scrunched between her eyebrows as if she’s remembering something. “Kibum? You mean Key is your cousin? The owner of the red car just now?” she asked Jonghyun hyung.

“Neh. Kibum is my cousin. But you called him Key. You knew each other?” Jonghyun hyung asked getting more confused by the look on his face.

“Yeah. We knew each other since the time we met at the hospital when Seungyeon almost drowned.” NaNa explained. 

Before anybody can speak up more the front door opened again and this time it’s the person that we’re waiting for. It’s Minho and Taemin. But I can’t bring myself to bring the cake to Taemin as we had planned before because I can’t still get over the fact that Jonghyun hyung and NaNa know each other and the fact that NaNa accepted Jonghyun hyung’s invitation over mine. Well to be fair, I know that I’ve asked NaNa too late.

So Minho and Taemin entered the house with Jonghyun hyung in front of the living room still holding NaNa’s wrist and facing us. Minho was signalling me to bring the cake to Taemin but I didn’t respond to him. That made him stopped and took in the situation at hand. I know Minho is fast in observing the situation and I think he understood most of what happened even though he’s not here to witness everything.

Onew hyung took charge of the situation and quickly took the cake on the table and light up the candles. He brought it to Taemin with Seungyeon following behind him and began to sing Happy Birthday to Taemin. Minho quickly followed and so is Jonghyun hyung and NaNa though they still looked confused. 

Okay Key. Wake up and get this over with. Why do I feel disappointed and rejected anyway? This is nothing compared to celebrating my son’s birthday. So I shoved this feeling of mine aside and stood up with party poppers and walked to Taemin’s side to join in the singing. I popped the party poppers on top of Taemin’s head and lifted Taemin up bridal style like I used to do and bring him to the living room while the rest followed me. Onew hyung put down the cake on the table. I put Taemin down in front of the cake and we all waited for Taemin to blow the candles. I tried hard to not make my feeling known to others and put on a bright smile for Taemin. He deserved more than giving in to my own emotions right now. I wanted him to feel happy on his special day.


Taemin’s POV

I stepped into the house with Minho hyung from our activities just now. Today I did not feel so much tired as the previous days. For today, Minho hyung only took me to the theme park to play. It’s been awhile since I’d last been there. We had a really fun time especially with the roller coaster ride. I hope all five of us can go to the theme park to play.

As soon as I entered the house, I saw Jonghyun hyung near the door and holding unto a girl’s wrist, Key hyung, Onew hyung and who I supposed to be Seungyeon noona who sat beside Onew hyung in the living room. Then Onew hyung light up candles on a cake and bring it in front of me with the rest following behind him.

“Saengil chukka hamnida, Saengil chukka hamnida,
Saranghanda Taeminie, Saengil chukka hamnida.”


They all sang loudly. I was surprised. Today is my birthday? I don’t even remember that today is my birthday. Usually Yoseop, Dongwoon and Sulli will text me on my birthday but I forgot my cell phone in the bedroom. I always forgot things and hyungs always reprimanded me about it. I’m so happy that they did a surprised birthday party for me. Then I felt a few colourful streamers landed on my head where Key hyung popped it. Then I was lifted off my feet by Key hyung and brought to the living room where Onew hyung put down the cake and Key hyung put me down in front of it.

“Palli make a wish before you blow out your candle my son.” Said Key hyung.

I closed my eyes, clasped my hands together in front of my chest and made a wish. I wish that all five of us will be happy together and stick with each other no matter what. I smiled then I felt a clicked and a flashed of light. I opened my eyes to see Key hyung in front of me with his pink coloured camera on his hands. I guessed he’s the one that took a picture just now. I leaned down on the beautifully decorated cake with the wording “*Saengil chukka hamnida uri maknae Taeminie. Saranghae!!!” and blew on the candles that almost burned down to the cake. 

Everybody is clapping their hands and I was hugged one by one by hyungs. Onew hyung who hugged me tightly and said, “*Saranghanda Taeminie.” 

Minho hyung hugged me and lifted me off the floor then put me down without saying anything and ruffled my hair while smiling widely at me.

Jonghyun hyung hugged me and held my face with both of his hands and bring his forehead to mine and said, “You know, when you find someone that you really like someday, just come to hyung and I’ll teach you how to court them neh.”. 

Then I felt a hand that pulled me from Jonghyun hyung and a yell, “Yah, Jonghyun hyung. What do you think you’re teaching to my innocent son?” Key hyung hugged my side while putting his right hand on my head and his left on my shoulder like an umma protecting his child. 

Then he turned me to face him and hugged me so tight, tighter than Onew hyung. “Key umma... Can’t. Breathe.” I gasped. 

“Omo. Mianhae Taeminie.” And he lessened the pressure. Still hugging me. “Saengil chukka Taeminie. Don’t listen to Jonghyun hyung and always come to umma if you have anything that bothered you okay.” Key hyung said to me.

I was so touched by all their gesture that for once in my whole life I felt like I wanted to cry. I hold on my emotions and pulled back from Key hyung and look him in the eyes, “Neh hyung.” I smiled widely. 

Then I pulled Onew hyung, Minho hyung, Jonghyun hyung and Key hyung to a big group hug. “I love you guys the best, Onew hyung, Jonghyun hyung, Key hyung and Minho hyung. Nomu komawoyo.” I said to them. I felt so blessed to have these hyungs in my life. They’re always there when I needed them. 

After we disentangled ourselves from the hug, I noticed Seungyeon noona and Jonghyun hyung’s friend stood nearby. Ah, I almost forgot about their presence from all the commotion. I stared at Seungyeon noona and remembered at what Minho hyung said to me before. Minho hyung is right, if Onew hyung feels happy to be with Seungyeon noona, then I should be happy and make an effort to get to know her too. I wished us five to be happy just now right. I made up my mind at that moment to get to know whoever special friend that hyungs have. So now, I can start on Seungyeon noona.

“So,” Onew hyung said, “can we eat now? I really am starving.” 

I glanced at Onew hyung and laugh. Poor Onew hyung, I know he can’t think properly if he’s hungry or sleepy. But I’m grateful that he set his hunger aside and wished me heartily before.

“Then, what are you waiting for Onew hyung. Eat then.” I took a piece of fried chicken and brought it to his mouth.

Onew hyung quickly opened his mouth for me to feed him. “Ahm. Ah. Chicken.” He said and hugged me to express his thank you. He went to the table to help himself to more of the variety of food that I guessed Key hyung prepared. 

Minho hyung and Key hyung joined Onew hyung on the table and Jonghyun hyung introduced me to his friend while Seungyeon noona keep standing beside Jonghyun hyung’s friend.

“This is NaNa.” Jonghyun hyung introduced.

“Nana-shi. *Pan-gab seumida.” I said and bowed politely to her while thinking that I’ve heard her name before.

She smiled at me and said, “No need to be so formal Taeminie. May I call you Taeminie? You look so adorable that I just feel like to pinch your cheek.” And she really did pinch my cheek. That action surprised me and I just stared at her. She is so direct just like how Key hyung was when he first met me years ago. Ah, I remembered now. Key hyung ever mentioned a girl name NaNa before after he came back home with Onew hyung from the hospital before. Is this the same NaNa? It seems like they’re the same person judging by her character. “You can call me noona.” NaNa noona said to me.

I came back to the present moment after NaNa noona said to call her noona. “Ah, neh noona.” I said to her.
I looked at her again. But if she is the same NaNa, then why is she here being introduced as Jonghyun hyung’s friend rather than Key hyung’s friend? Weird. Never mind. I’ll ask Minho hyung about it later or maybe Onew hyung. Then I turned to Seungyeon noona.

“Annyeong. You’re Seungyeon noona right.” I begin the conversation. Both NaNa noona and Jonghyun hyung just listened to us.

“Neh. I am.” Seungyeon noona answered while tucking her hair behind her ear.

“Noona looked uncomfortable. Are you uncomfortable with me noona?” I asked her with a pout. I know it always work to bring down any wall between me and any person since I used it a lot actually. Kekeke.

Saungyeon noona looked at me and quickly come to my side and held my hands while she shook her head. “Ani. Taeminie, don’t be sad, I didn’t mean to be so stiff but I was kind of nervous to finally meet the other three of you after always listening to Jinki oppa about all of you and I was scared that the three of you won’t like me at all.” She explained quickly.

The way Seungyeon noona rambled on nervously was so adorable. I get it why Onew hyung fall more deeply in love with her. She’s so sweet and considerate. I just laughed at her reaction. Jonghyun hyung and NaNa noona who kept on listening to us laugh with me too and soon the other three in the room turned to look at us.

She looked puzzled. “Are you okay Taeminie?” She asked while checking my forehead with her hand. She must think there’s something wrong with me because of my 180° change of attitude in a space of a few minutes. I learned it from Onew hyung. 

I took Seungyeon noona’s hand from my head and just chuckled, “You’re so funny noona. I was just kidding. I was trying to make you more comfortable with us. You don’t have to worry you know.”

I felt Onew hyung put his arm on my shoulder and said, “Thank you for welcoming Seungyeon, Taemin ah.”

I just smiled at him. “Of course I’ll welcome Seungyeon noona. And NaNa noona too.” I gestured to NaNa noona who stood by Jonghyun hyung’s side with Jonghyun hyung’s arm on her shoulder. She didn’t mind him and I felt someone keeps on staring at them. I turned to my right side and saw Key hyung kept on staring at Jonghyun hyung’s arm on NaNa noona’s shoulder. Hmm.. I may not have any experience in any boy girl relationship before but I sure know that stare very well as I’ve always saw it on Dongwoon’s face when there’s other guys than him get close to Sulli. There must be something going on with Key hyung, Jonghyun hyung and NaNa noona.

“Komawo Taeminie.” NaNa noona said then went to my side and pulled me with Seungyeon noona to a couch to sit. “Let us get to know the birthday boy.” She said enthusiastically and started to make conversation between the three of us. I was happy she was so energetic and fun to be with. A total opposite from Seungyeon noona but still compatible with each other. So I spent most of my time talking with them and eating my cake that Key hyung boasted the best that he ever made up to now.


Minho's POV

Key was cutting the cake and putting it on a paper plate for each of us. I was eating the birthday cake with Onew hyung and Key when suddenly we heard Taemin laughing out loud. The three of us turned to look at Taemin and wondering what had set him off to laughing out loud so suddenly. 

Then Seungyeon put her hand on Taemin’s head asking him, “Are you okay Taeminie?”.

Taemin took her hand off gently from his head and said, “You’re so funny noona. I was just kidding. I was trying to make you more comfortable with us. You don’t have to worry you know.”

Onew hyung stood up and went to put his arm on Taemin’s shoulder. Key and I stood up too. Key went to stand at Taemin’s right while I stood at Key’s right side where I could observe them all. 

“Thank you for welcoming Seungyeon, Taemin ah.” Onew hyung said.

Taemin just smiled at Onew hyung and answered, “Of course I’ll welcome Seungyeon noona. And NaNa noona too.” While gesturing to NaNa who stood beside Jonghyun hyung. It seemed that Jonghyun hyung already advance to putting his arm on NaNa’s shoulder and NaNa didn’t seem to be bothered by it. I looked at Key beside me and I saw that he was staring at Jonghyun hyung’s arm on NaNa’s shoulder. Hmm. This is interesting. I thought he only view NaNa as someone who is irritating and annoying kind of person. Hah, so all those time that they spent together in planning for Onew hyung and Seungyeon did get into him then. Who would have thought that the almighty Key can fall in love with someone and that someone is NaNa. If his look right now is not how a jealous person looks like then I don’t know what to call it. I just smiled by myself. 

But then again, there will be some problem. It seems that Jonghyun hyung likes NaNa too. By the look of things now, I’m not even sure if NaNa likes Jonghyun hyung or Key hyung more than a friend. 

Before I can contemplate more about the subject I heard NaNa said her thanks to Taemin and dragged him and Seungyeon to the couch to talk. They haven’t even introduce Seungyeon and NaNa to me properly yet. Aigoo. It’s okay, I’ll introduce myself to them later. 

After NaNa took Taemin with Seungyeon, Onew hyung dragged Jonghyun hyung to the table to eat the food. Key still stood rooted to the floor, so I shook his arm.

“Key. Hey, gwaenchana-yo?” I asked him.

He looked startled. It seems like I woke him up from something that he was thinking deeply. “Huh? Ah, Minho ah?” He looked around him and seemed to register that the rest are doing their own things already.

“Are you okay Key?” I asked him again. “You seemed to be not in the room. Want to talk about it?” I put my hand on his shoulder.

Key looked at me and put a smile on his face. “I’m okay Minho ah.”

“You don’t look like you’re okay to me. Since I came in with Taemin, I saw that you were shocked and I guess it’s because NaNa came here with Jonghyun hyung right.” I said in a low voice so as not to attract the others attention.

Key quickly looked at the rest in the living room then took my wrist and led the way to the dining room which is near the kitchen. Away from the rest of the people. Key took a seat and I sat opposite him to have a better observation on his face.

Key looked at me and said, “I guess you’re right. I’m just shocked cause I didn’t know that NaNa and Jonghyun hyung actually know each other.”

“Well, Jonghyun hyung did say that he met NaNa recently in his part time job place.” I said. “So it’s just recently that they met each other.”

“Yeah.” Key said with a confused look on his face.

Suddenly Jonghyun hyung came in the dining room. “Hey Kibum ah. Here you are. I was searching for you out there. What are you and Minho doing here while the rest is in the living room? You should be there since you’re the one who arranged Taemin’s birthday party.” He said while tapping Key’s shoulder.

Key arranged his face to a bright smile. “Ah, ma-ja. I forgot about that for a while.” He said and slapped his forehead. I just looked at him and Jonghyun hyung.

“Kibum ah.” Jonghyun hyung stopped Key from going to the living room by holding back Key’s arm. “I wanted to ask you about NaNa.” I saw Key froze a while before he quickly relaxed himself.

Key turned to Jonghyun hyung with a smile. “What about it hyung? You heard NaNa that we met at the hospital where Onew hyung and I took Seungyeon to.”

“Yeah. I seem to remember that you said someone called NaNa who annoyed you so much at the time. So it’s actually the same person huh.” Jonghyun hyung said with a grin on his face. “And you even mentioned that you wouldn’t want us to date each other when I proposed that you introduce us. You must be afraid that we will join forces to bring you down right.” Jonghyun hyung continued and laughed.

Key seems to be back by that sentence from Jonghyun hyung. “Yah. Who would want the two of you to date. It’ll be a disaster. A golden head Dinosaur and an annoying girl together is a No No in my dictionary.” He said. But I still saw a bit of uncertainties in Key’s eyes. What is he actually think about?

Right after Key said the magic word to turn on the JjongKey fiasco (golden head Dinosaur), Jonghyun hyung yelled, “Yah. I told you thousands of time not to call me that.”

Key took the cue and ran from the dining room to the living room and Jonghyun hyung was right behind him. I shook my head. Seriously, Key is one person who is seldom seemed serious. He’s back to chasing and being chased by Jonghyun hyung. I stood up and walked slowly to the living room and saw a chicken fly high to the ceiling and dropped on Taemin’s cake in front of him. I saw Key stopped from running and stood frozen behind Onew hyung and Jonghyun hyung in front of Onew hyung and his hand was across from Onew hyung’s hand which is in mid air frozen as if something flew off from his hand. Ah. It seems that another commotion will follow suit. Sigh.


***


To be continued


A/N:
*Saengil chukka hamnida uri maknae Taeminie. Saranghae. = Happy Birthday to our Taeminie. Love you.
*Saranghanda = Also means Love. Difference in grammar. ^_^
*Pan-gab seumida = Nice to meet you

This is the part 1 of Taemin's surprised birthday party.. Seems like someone is restless in there. :) Jonghyun really don't have a clue at how Key is feeling but then again I don't think Key will admit it for now. Hahaha. B)There seems to be another commotion coming up. So wait up for the next chapter. :D I hope you enjoy this chapter and comments are much appreciated. :<3: Subscribers are love.. :)


@theclumsywitch: Thanks for your comments. :) Now you know how Key react neh. He was really surprised. :D This is a first I read a comment where a reader is okay with NaNa and Jonghyun. In other sites, all my readers love KeyNaNa and would like Jonghyun to have someone else. Lol. :)

@Beautiful_lies: Thank you for reading, commenting and subscribing. :) Aww, thank you for your compliment. I just watch too much drama and variety show, that's why I can learn some Korean there. You can even learn from all the fansub. They translate it more accurately than the TV. :)