I Won't Let Go...

I Won't Let Go...

Hello Hello~~ I hope you'll enjoy this next chapter though maybe I have to warn some shipper that, there's gonna be a shocking scene here I guess. I'm kind of anxious with your reactions after reading this. But please don't kill me neh... *Running away to hide somewhere* 


 

NaNa’s POV



I walked to the back in the kitchen to deliver Jonghyun’s order to be done. Then I asked Key to deliver it to Jonghyun later. 

“Jonghyun hyung is here?” Key asked with his eyebrows raised. He was standing beside a rack of glasses and plates in the kitchen.

“Neh, he came here. He’s at the front table near the large window. So you can deliver his drinks while I settle some other customers’ orders.” I said to him.

“Okay. No problem... Lazy bum.” He teased.

I threw a dagger looked at him. Before I can reach him to punch his arms, he was already running away from me. Cheongmal, this guy can’t let the topic rest can he. Aish. I went to take some more order and sent it to the kitchen. I still remember how Jonghyun asked me about why I didn’t ask him to help me out. I can’t help but blushed. Because how can I say to him that Key was with me since last night. That he just happened to be beside me at the time to volunteer to help me out. No. I’ll only explain it to him if it is necessary. 

But why do I want to keep it from him anyway? It’s not like I have anything going on between these two guys anyway. Though if I am to be honest with myself, I get confuse with my own feelings where these two guys are concern. I took a seat on a stool near the fridge in the kitchen, making sure that I won’t block the chef’s way. 

I mean, I’m really comfortable with the two of them. When I was with Jonghyun throughout the time we spent together, I feel comfortable and it’s easy for me to talk to him. With Key, I felt it’s always fun to be with him. Even though when we’re together we usually will bicker with each other, but we always end up in good terms. And lately I felt that my heart has been acting weird lately when I’m with Key. Aish. This is so confusing. I should stop thinking about this. It’s not as if any of them ever asked me out anyway. Stupid me. Why do I want to mess up my mind when I don’t have to? I quickly stood up and went to the front to make sure Jonghyun already get his drinks.

I was on my way to Jonghyun’s table when I heard him, “Mwo?! You slept with NaNa last night?”

Omo. Why does it sound so wrong? What happened? I fastened my pace to Jonghyun and Key. Jonghyun’s eyes were wide open and Key was looking everywhere but at Jonghyun. 

“What happened here?” I asked to the both of them and trying to lower down their volume of voice because they were attracting other customers’ attention.

“Umm...” Key was trying to open his mouth. 

But Jonghyun cut him off and asked me, “NaNa, is it true that you and Key spent the night together?”

I looked at him then at Key. I looked around me and saw that many eyes were now focused on us. “Umm, why not we go to the back? We’re attracting a lot of attention.” I said and walked out to the kitchen, telling one of the helper in the kitchen to watch the front cafe for a while. Then I walked out to the back door and went out to the back of the cafe. Both Jonghyun and Key followed suit. There were some stools scattered around us. I took one of it and sat on it. And just as they followed me outside, they each took a seat too.

“Well?” Jonghyun said.

“Well, there’s nothing to it really.” I said calmly. Looking at Jonghyun straight in the eyes. Surprisingly, I was not that nervous anymore. Cause there’s really nothing to say about it.

“The two of you spending the night together was nothing?” Jonghyun said incredulously.

I just looked at him. I don’t get him. Why did he react so strongly that Key was with me last night? Well, I think he took it wrongly as how Key and I spent the night together. But still, are you supposed to react this strongly? I tried to open my mouth to explain it more clearly to him, but before I can do so he spoke loudly again.

“How can you spend the night with NaNa, Kibum ah. I thought you were serious with what you’ve told me last time.” Jonghyun said accusingly at Key.

Key only looked at his fingers on his lap then stared back at Jonghyun. What is this that they were talking about? I don’t understand it one bit. I wanted so badly to make things straight. How can a little misunderstanding make things get out of hands? I wanted to tell Jonghyun what actually happened so that he can calm down. But at the same time, I wanted to know what these two are talking about. So, I just kept silent and looked at the two of them.

“I was serious at what I said to you last time hyung. Don’t get me wrong. You took this all the wrong way.” Key said. Okay, it seems that I won’t be able to know about what they’re talking about. So I tried once more to open my mouth to explain.

“Please guys..” I pleaded to them. They stopped and turned to me as if surprised to see me here with them. They’ve been staring at each other that I think they forgot their surrounding. 

“Please don’t get work up for some little misunderstanding.” I said to them. “Jonghyun, I don’t know why you are so work up with this. I mean, Key only spend the night with me to accompany me because I was afraid of the storm. He slept on Seungyeonie’s bed anyway. There’s nothing going on.”

Jonghyun who seems to hold on to his breath while I was explaining now breathe out with relief. Relieve? Why would he get worry anyway? Key won’t do anything to me at all. He should understand his cousin more than me. I looked at Key. He only looked at Jonghyun in a weird way. As if he was monitoring how Jonghyun’s reaction will be.

Then what came out of Jonghyun’s mouth really gave me a shock. “*Tahaeng-mida.” He said then looked straight at me with eyes full of purpose. I stared back at his eyes. Unable to break from his intense gaze even if I wanted to. I felt Key at my right side looking at us and fidgeting by himself. I can’t see his face but I can feel his uneasiness. 

“You don’t know how much that explanation means to me.” He said to me slowly.

“W-wae?” I asked him. Still staring at his eyes. He slowly came towards me. I slowly stood up in front of him. Out of the blue I felt my heart beat faster. I felt as something big is going to fall down on me anytime.

“You asked me why do I get worked up when I know that Kibum spend the night with you? It’s because I got jealous. I felt as if there’s this green monster in me that eats me up. It’s because I really like you NaNa. More than a friend.” He whispered the last sentence to me while still staring at my eyes. He was so close in front of me that I can feel his breath on my face. I can feel my face heat up fast.

I was shocked by his confession. I didn’t know that he has feelings for me as more than a friend. My heart felt as if it really ran a hundred miles. My eyes strayed from his eyes and went to his lips. Bad move. His lips looked y to me at the moment. I averted my eyes to the right and I can feel that his lips curved to a smirk. Smirk! That reminds me of Key. 

I looked at Key. I saw him standing there like a stone statue looking at us with a face scrunched up in pain. But when he saw me looking at him, he quickly put a smile on his face as if the previous emotion on his face was only something that I’d imagined. I felt something bothering me with his action. But I can’t think much about it because I felt Jonghyun took my hands and his head went close to my left ear, whispering, “Would you go out with me this weekend NaNa?”

I turned my face from Key to face Jonghyun. He stared at me with a hopeful face. I know he was waiting for my answer. I know that he wants me to accept his proposal. I know that. I want to. But why do I feel as if a very small part of me doesn’t want to? I looked back at Key. I don’t know why do I looked back at him. He stared at my eyes and nodded his head. I can’t read his eyes and I don’t know why his nod kind of broke something in me. I looked back at Jonghyun and put a smile on my face.

“Sure, Jonghyun.” I said with a small smile on my lips. I hope I won’t regret my decision.


Key’s POV

I just look at the both of them. I stood there and looked at the scene in front of me as if I’m not there. As if I was watching a scene where my body is there, but I was looking in a third person point of view. But unfortunately, I was very much in that scene. I watched as NaNa explained to Jonghyun hyung. Watched them, as Jonghyun hyung confessed to NaNa. I was very present when Jonghyun hyung asked NaNa to go out. My heart felt very much throbbing with pain that I don’t really understand. I didn’t know how much painful it is to really let go of someone that you like before you even let the person know about your feeling. So, this is how it feels. I know I had made the decision to not pursue NaNa myself. I know I have let Jonghyun hyung take the one person that I like or maybe even love. I know that. I didn’t forget about our conversation. But it still doesn’t prepare me for this pain that I felt. I felt as if my heart is like a mirror which cracked to a million pieces. I can’t even pull myself from witnessing them in front of me.

I saw NaNa looking at me when Jonghyun hyung confessed to her. I saw her looked at my face. I quickly put on a smile. Determined not to let her know my true feelings. I won’t put the burden of having to choose between us to her. Then she looked back at Jonghyun hyung when he took her hand and whispered to her ear to ask her out. Cheongmal. Why do I have to witness this? Wae?! 

NaNa turned her head towards me again. I don’t know why she turned back to me when Jonghyun hyung was waiting for her answer. Maybe she needs to know if it’s okay with me if Jonghyun went out with her? Of course I’m not okay with it. But what else can I do? I’ve promised Jonghyun hyung before. So I just gave her a small nod. Then she turned to Jonghyun.

“Sure, Jonghyun.” I heard she said with a small smile on her lips. I thought my heart won’t hurt more than what I felt just now. But hearing her say that in front of me; to Jonghyun hyung; it totally shattered me. I felt as if my legs going to let go at the moment but I forced myself to stand up straight. If I want to act on with what I felt at the moment, I would grab NaNa and bring her somewhere only I can reach. 

I saw how happy Jonghyun hyung was. He had the widest grin that I ever saw. I guess, at least he is happy. 

“Cheongmalyo NaNa? You want to go out with me?” Jonghyun hyung asked NaNa again.

“Neh Jonghyun. I will go out with you.” NaNa said.

“I can’t believe it. You don’t know how happy I am hearing you say that.” Jonghyun hyung said. Out of the blue, Jonghyun hyung planted a kiss on NaNa’s lips. I was so shocked. Even though it’s just a peck on her lips, I still felt as if that kiss is the last straw for me. I can see NaNa was shocked too, but she didn’t push Jonghyun hyung away.

I can’t stand to be silent anymore. So I brought myself together, took a deep breath and put a fake bright smile on my lips. 

“Chukahae. Congratulations for the two of you.” I said while clapping my hands. “Now, not only we have Onew hyung and Seungyeon’s couple to celebrate. There’ll be addition of the two of you.”

Jonghyun hyung turned to me with a wide grin on his face. “Yah Kibum. I almost forgot that you’re here.” 

“Well, how can you remember me when you’re so mushy in front of NaNa?” I said and playfully put a punch on his arm. I avoided looking at NaNa for fear that I may broke down then and there.

“Yah. I did not. But even if you say so, how can I not? I can’t bear to lose her. I thought you two have something going on. It made me fastened my proposal.” He said, still with a grin on his face.

“Pabo yah. I’ve told you before that we’re only c-close friends.” I said to him. I stuttered a bit on the last words. Thankfully Jonghyun hyung didn’t notice it.

“Yah. I’m sorry for ever doubting you okay.” He said happily. 

“Well, you two can talk for a while more. I just go in and took over the front part. I don’t think Boram can handle it all since she is much more accustom in the kitchen.” I made an excuse to get out from the place.

“Komawoyo Kibum.” Jonghyun hyung said.

I just waved my hands to them. My back facing them while I walked into the cafe through the back door. All the while, I didn’t even look at NaNa since she said yes to Jonghyun hyung. I won’t be able to hold myself together if I see her happy face. I leaned back on the back door for a while. A chef saw me leaning on the door and asked if I’m okay. I just gave him a smile and pull myself together. I walked to the front cafe to do my work as a waiter for the day until this Junsu guy come for his shift.


Minho’s POV

“Ah hyung, please change to another channel other than sports.” Taemin whined beside me on the couch. 

I turned to look at him beside me. “But this is good. I want to see who will win. I go for Liverpool.” I said.

“Hyung, I don’t even know what is this Liverpool you’re talking about. Come on, change to Spongebob please. I rather watch Spongebob than this.” Taemin said again.

Sigh. Why can’t anybody in this house see the beauty of sports? I don’t want Taemin to start pulling me to play with him if he didn’t get to watch his favourite Spongebob. So, I relented and change the channel to Spongebob Square Pants. Thank goodness that this is a show that all five of us can watch together.

We were in the middle of laughing at Spongebob antics when the door of our apartment opened and in came Jonghyun hyung and Key. 

“Jonghyun hyung, Key hyung!” Taemin called out to them. “Come and watch Spongebob with me and Minho hyung.” Taemin invited excitedly. Aigoo, he is super excited when it comes to this. 

“Taeminie. Neh, I’ll join you guys.” Jonghyun hyung said happily. He seems to be in such a good mood today.

“You guys watch it. I’m so tired. I’m gonna take my shower and cook for you guys in a while. Then I want to take my beauty sleep.” He said while dragging his feet to their room. 

“Okay, you’ll do that. I don’t want to prepare meals again. I am so not good at it.” Jonghyun hyung said over his shoulder.

Hmm, there’s just something not right with Key. Even though he answered as he normally did, there’s just something that I can’t really put my finger on it. I’ll talk to him later. I turned to Jonghyun hyung who sat beside Taemin and hugging Taemin sideway.

“You look extra happy today hyung.” I said to him. Taemin who just realized it when I stated it finally look at Jonghyun hyung properly.

“Neh hyung. Why are you still smiling?” Taemin said. “You okay?” He said while checking Jonghyun hyung’s forehead with one of his hand and another on his own forehead.

Jonghyun hyung pull down Taemin’s hand gently and just grabbed Taemin and squeeze him tightly in his embrace.

“Yah!!! Hyung!! You’re suffocating me!!” Taemin yelled while trying to pull himself from Jonghyun hyung’s hug.

I just watch them with an amused expression. Taemin always becomes the tool where they just hug him suddenly or carry him around the house when they want to. I chuckled looking at their antics.

“Ah, Taemin ah, Minho ah. Your hyung is very happy now. So happy that I can’t contain it. Sorry Taeminie, I just have to release this happiness of mine.” He rambled.

“Yah hyung. What are you talking about now? Are you beginning to become like Onew hyung who talk nonsense?” I asked.

“When did I talk nonsense?” we heard Onew hyung replied. I looked up and saw him just entered the apartment. I didn’t hear him open the door due to Jonghyun hyung’s loud ramble.

“Ah, ani.” I said. Trying to cover for myself. “We’re just saying you have a lot of sense.” I improvised.

Onew hyung just looked at me and wiggled his finger. “Don’t you try to duck out from your own words. I heard you clearly. So now what is the commotion about?” He said and plopped himself on the other couch near Jonghyun hyung.

“Ah hyung. Came back from your date huh.” Jonghyun hyung said while wiggling his eyebrows at him. “How was it?”

Onew hyung smiled brightly. Hmm, it must be good, seeing him smile so brightly. What’s with these people smiling until their face going to break anyway?

“Well, it goes well of course.” He said while looking at something that we cannot see. He must be reminiscing his date. I chuckled silently watching his weird expression. Then Onew hyung told us where they went to the whole afternoon. I’m happy that Onew hyung finally can be as happy as today. I wish them all the best. Then Onew hyung asked me again about the commotion just now.

“Well, Jonghyun hyung here came back so happy and nearly crushed Taemin.” I said.

“I’m just happy.” Jonghyun hyung said. “Cause, I finally confessed to NaNa today and she accepted my invitation to a date this weekend.” He announced happily.

Onew hyung’s smile faltered a bit before he smile brightly and congratulate Jonghyun hyung. Taemin was yelling congratulations to him. I congratulate him too. But at the same time, my mind is processing this news in a different way. Don’t get me wrong. I’m truly happy for Jonghyun hyung but I thought Key has feelings for NaNa too. Seeing how happy Jonghyun hyung is now, I don’t think he has any idea at all. So no wonder Key was a bit off than the usual just now. I think Onew hyung is quite surprised to hear this too because all this while he saw Key always with NaNa. 

I will talk to Key later to find out what exactly happened to them.


***


To be continued...


A/N: 
*Tahaeng-mida = Relief

As I have said before, there will be a shocking scene for you guys. Or maybe some of have been expecting it. Well, NaNa end up with Jjong here. Want to know what happen next? Just wait a while more yeah. :) I hope you're not to floored down by this turn of event. The story has yet a not so long way to go. Hahaha.. :D