I Won't Let Go...

I Won't Let Go...

Onew’s POV

I was eating my fried chicken while listening to some of the conversation between NaNa, Seungyeon and Taemin. Jonghyun just left me and went to find Key. I’m glad that Taemin is happy and can accept Seungyeon and NaNa well. Even talking comfortably with them. It’s almost hard to get to know Taemin for the first time. Usually it will take time to be close to Taemin and for him to talk comfortably with new people. That’s why I’m very grateful and surprised to see him that he’s the one to make a move to get to know other people. Grateful that he made an effort to do so and surprised by his sudden move. I smiled while looking at them, with the chicken still in my hand.

Suddenly I heard a yell from the living room. “Yah. I told you thousands of time not to call me that.” That must be Jonghyun yelling at Key again. Seriously, these two is not complete if they did not tease each other in a day. Jonghyun was the one who was searching for Key and it end up with him being teased by Key again. I shook my head while standing up to see what happened to them this time. The three who was in the couch just turned their head in the dining room area.

“Wae? What happened?” NaNa asked curiously. “Isn’t it Jonghyun who was yelling?”

“Gwaenchanayo noona. It happens all the time.” Taemin answered NaNa nonchalantly then took a spoonful of cake to eat.

“Neh. Geokjong haji marayo. It’s kind of a routine for Jonghyun and Key to act this way.” I said to the two who are new to this situation.

“I see.” Seungyeon said.

Then I saw Key ran out from the dining room towards the living room with Jonghyun behind him. “Don’t think you can run away Kibum ah.” Yelled Jonghyun hyung.

Key just *mehrong at him and kept on running around the living room. That action only fuelled up Jonghyun more. “Neo..” yelled Jonghyun to Key again.

Now Key was behind one of the couch and Jonghyun leapt on the couch to get to Key but Key quickly avoided him by ducking behind the couch and crawled from behind the couch and went behind me to take shelter from Jonghyun. I was facing Jonghyun. Jonghyun leapt down from the couch and tried to reach for Key. I was afraid that I’ll be the one who’s going to get in between them thus I raised my hand in front of me. Jonghyun’s hand that reached out for Key was stopped by my hand, but the momentum made my chicken that was still in my hand loosened and we saw it fly over us and landed on Taemin’s cake which he was about to take a spoonful again.

All of us were frozen in our position while staring at the half eaten chicken now standing upright on Taemin’s cake. Taemin stared at his cake and said, “Chicken cake anyone?” He said cutely while raising his plate of cake in front of him with his super agyeo smile. (A/N: Imagine him as he was doing agyeo in the Maypole photoshoot but this time with a chicken cake and his recent red hair. Lol.)

We were all momentarily dazzled by his smiled and then we heard Minho was laughing hard outside the dining hall while holding on to his stomach. “That was super funny.” He said between his laugh.

Then NaNa just gushed on Taemin while holding Taemin’s cheek with both of her hands. “Aigoo, Taeminie, you’re too adorable.” Then she pinched Taemin’s cheek.

The rest of us finally broke off from our frozen position and laughed at Taemin’s sudden agyeo and NaNa’s reaction. Both NaNa and Seungyeon were falling for Taemin’s cuteness and innocence. Both of them were now fussing over Taemin. Seungyeon took Taemin’s plate of chicken cake and place it on the table in front. NaNa kept on pinching Taemin’s cheek and hugging him while Taemin just smiled his adorable smile which made people want to fuss over him more. I can understand how Key’s feeling of keep on wanting to take care of Taemin.

I was laughing so hard at his chicken cake pun that I can’t hold my balance and dropped on the other sofa. Both Key and Jonghyun was laughing hard too and bend over their stomach. Then Jonghyun fell on me with Key following suit. “Uff. Yah, the two of you are heavy.” I complained while still laughing.

They ignored me and kept on laughing. Minho saw us and joined on top of Key. Taemin saw Minho fell on top of Key then his face light up. Omo, he’s going to join to.

“Taemin ah. No. Have mercy on hyung. Jebal.” I pleaded.

He ignored me and disentangled himself from NaNa and Seungyeon to join in the human sandwich making. Argh. They’re so heavy. Taemin was laughing out loud with us now. “This is fun. Should I bounce?” Taemin said while smiling brightly.

“Yah~~~!!!!” four voices was heard protesting against Taemin’s suggestion. I think I’m going to be flattened from their weight.


Taemin’s POV

This is so fun. It’s been a while that we are piling up a human sandwich again. I lay on top of Minho hyung and I felt like I nearly slide down from him. Minho hyung grabbed my shirt and hugged my stomach to prevent me from falling. I laughed out loud by this and said, “This is fun. Should I bounce?” 

I felt Minho hyung beneath me froze by my suggestion and Onew hyung muffled voice and the rest of the three hyungs voice shouted out, “Yah~~~!!!!” 

I just laughed it out and slide from Minho hyung to prepare to bounce onto them. Minho hyung tried to grab my shirt but I was too quick for him. I heard NaNa noona and Seungyeon noona begin to laugh out loud from the situation. I distanced myself from the couch then ran and threw myself face down on top of them all.

Shouts from hyungs were reverberated on the walls of our apartment. Laughter from Seungyeon noona and NaNa noona can be heard from the shouts of hyungs. I just hugged Minho hyung tightly and my hand grabbed Key hyung’s head beneath Minho hyung. I felt Onew hyung on the bottom tried to lift us all up from him but to no avail. Jonghyun hyung’s arm was flailing beside him and tried to pushed my hand from Key and Minho hyung so as to made me slide off them. But I didn’t let go. I want to hang on a while more. Hahaha.

After much more struggle and screaming from Key hyung and muffled protest from Onew hyung, I finally let go of them and dropped to the floor. As soon as I dropped to the floor Minho hyung quickly jumped off from Key hyung and helped him up while Jonghyun hyung quickly sat up and helped Onew hyung up. Everybody looked dishelved especially Onew hyung. His face was red from our heaviness and he took a deep breathe as if he was suffocated before. Jonghyun hyung soothes Onew hyung by rubbing his hand up and down Onew hyung’s back. But a small smile can be seen at the corner of his lips.

Key hyung was trying to arrange his hair back after what I had done to his hair when I held his head. Minho hyung stood beside Key hyung and started to laugh again. Seungyeon noona and NaNa noona were now really laughing their heads off and NaNa noona was now on top of Seungyeon noona’s lap and clutching her stomach. I stayed seated on the floor all the while and laughing with them. Soon Jonghyun hyung and Key hyung joined in the laughter frenzy.

“Yah! You guys are still laughing? You guys are so heavy. What did you guys ate anyway. A cow?” Onew hyung complained.

That complaint only made us laughed harder. Onew hyung just looked at us and finally gave in and joined us laughing. It was really a fun night. I never thought that a surprised birthday party can end up like this. This is the best birthday ever for me. I felt so happy that they did this for me. Without warning, I stood up from the floor and threw myself on top of Onew hyung who was still seated on the sofa and laughing with the rest of them. I hugged him tightly and buried my face on the crooked between his shoulder and his neck.

Onew hyung seemed to be startled but then he hugged me back tightly. I felt my face was wet and realized that I cried silently because I’m too happy. Onew hyung realized that his neck was wet and lifted my face from his neck to have a good look on me. He wiped my tears away with both of his hand and held my head. “Yah Taeminie. Why are you crying? Your umma will scold me.” He said jokingly.

“Mwo? My son is crying? Wae?! What have you done now Onew hyung.” Key hyung demanded while pushing Jonghyun hyung away who was seated beside Onew hyung before and now instead seated himself beside Onew hyung. Key hyung rubbed my head like a child while I just sat on Onew hyung’s lap and my tears just flowed freely from my eyes. 

“Wae Taemin ah? You hurt yourself from dropping off from Minho just now?” Key hyung asked worriedly.

I looked at each one of my precious hyung’s face. From Onew hyung to Key hyung to Jonghyun hyung to Minho hyung and back at Onew hyung.

“Ani.” I said. Then I put on a smile on my face. “I’m just so touched by this surprised birthday party. You all took a lot of thoughts and time to do this, I know.” 

“Aigoo Taemin ah.” Jonghyun hyung said and reached for my hand over Key hyung. “You don’t have to say that. We did it because we want you to be happy. We know that we’ve been neglecting you these summer break a lot. You must be very bored. Mianhae Taeminie.”

“Ani. Gwaenchanayo. I know hyungs must be very busy with your personal life.” I said. “Beside, Minho hyung had been playing with me all the while.” I said with a big grin on my face.

Minho hyung just smiled at me and ruffled my hair. “I love to play with you Taemin ah. It’s been a long while that we had fun with each other right.” He said.

I smiled at him. “Aigoo Taeminie, if you ever want to do something with any of us, just let us know okay.” Onew hyung said to me and patted my cheek. Then he lifted me up so suddenly that I quickly grasped my arms at the back of Onew hyung’s neck and tightened my legs on his waist. “Let’s wash your tearstained face.” He said and brought me to the kitchen.

When we arrived at the kitchen, Onew hyung let me down and he took his handkerchief from his pant’s back pocket to wet it a bit and wiped it on my face. His action brought memories from the past where Onew hyung always did this whenever I cried when I was small but not much since I entered 1st grade. I really love Onew hyung. He was the one who took care of me often than umma and appa. I remembered what Minho hyung said to me again for the second time tonight. 

“Hyung.” I whispered. 

“Hmm?” Onew hyung replied and took the handkerchief away after he made sure that my face was clean.

“Do you still love Ee Seul noona?” I asked him while staring at his eyes.

He stared at me for a while before he answered me, “Why do you ask all of a sudden?”

“Just answer me truthfully hyung.” I said again.

He was silent for a while and washed the handkerchief on the kitchen sink. After he washed it and dried it on the kitchen counter he turned towards me and said, “I think I still do. But not as you think. I love her as a friend I think. Ever since she left me, I felt heartbroken but I think it healed slowly and if she suddenly appeared in front of me, I wouldn’t be mad at her but will accept her as a dear friend for what he had is a precious memory to me.”

“You never shared with me about it before hyung.” I said and looked down at my hands. “I... Sometimes I felt left out because I’m supposed to be your dongsaeng and best friend but I think I failed in that since you didn’t share it with me.”

Onew hyung looked surprised. “Taemin ah.” He said while holding both of my hands. I looked up at him. “Don’t ever feel like that again. I’m sorry if I made you feel like that but I never did tell it to anybody. I guess, I just didn’t want anybody to be burdened by me. And you were still young and I’m afraid to burden you for you should be having fun with your youthfulness.”

“I don’t think it like that hyung. And everybody is really worried about you. We all want you to be happy. Much happier than when you were with Ee Seul noona before.” I said.

Onew hyung smiled. “Thank you to all of you for caring about me. But I think I may found happiness again with Seungyeon.”

I smiled widely. “Now you’re talking.” I laughed at the situation where Minho hyung told me about Key hyung planning on something for them. “So, did you confess to her yet hyung?” I asked slyly. For I know he haven’t yet.

He rubbed his neck and smiled sheepishly. “Umm. Not yet.”

“Hyung, you’re so bad. You took her home every time and called her all the time but you haven’t told her yet? I bet noona must be confused now.” I said.

“Cheongmalyo?” He asked.

“Hyung, you might be older than me but even I can see through that. You should confess to her fast before something else happen. But then again it’s good if something happen to speed your confession up.” I said.

“What do you mean by something happened to speed my confession to Seungyeon?” Onew hyung asked. Puzzled.

Oops. I almost blurt out that something going to happen to them. Though I don’t exactly know Key hyung’s plan. “Hmm? Did I said that? You must heard it wrong. I was saying before something happen that someone will snatch noona up.” I quickly improvised my answer.

“Did you?” He looked worried for a while. Good. He must be worried someone would snatch noona before him. I’m helping Key hyung now unconsciously.

“Well, don’t worry about it now hyung. Come on.” I tugged his hand and led him to the living room. “Before umma ran up here and demanded if something happened again.”

So, we came back to the living room and ate all the delicious foods that Key hyung had prepared while enjoying chatting with each other. I saw that Onew hyung was eating his chicken while thinking something up. Must be what we’ve talked about in the kitchen. Minho hyung was talking to Seungyeon noona. I guessed he’d introduced himself to noonas. Jonghyun hyung was talking with NaNa noona while his hand swept her loose hair away. NaNa noona blushed by hyung’s action but did not slap him or anything. I saw Key hyung kept on glancing at Jonghyun hyung and NaNa noona and when he saw Jonghyun hyung’s action, he just stared at Jonghyun hyung’s hand and clutched his hand to a fist. Hmm, is there something going on between these three?


Seungyeon’s POV

I was still talking with Minho animatedly when I felt someone tapped my shoulder and I turned around to see who it was. Jinki oppa was behind me. “Having fun?” He asked with a smile on his face.

“Neh.” I smiled back at him. “Minho was just telling me about the five of you met and it’s so interesting to hear.” 

“Ah Minho ya, I hope you didn’t tell her anything bad.” Jinki oppa said jokingly.

“Aww hyung. You know I would only stick to the fact. Not like Jonghyun hyung and Key who like to twist the story a bit or a lot.” Minho said with a grin on his face.

“Hah, those two. No wonder they’re blood related anyway.” Jinki oppa said. “It’s quite late already. It’s 1a.m. Let me send you back Seungyeon. You have your shift tomorrow morning until at night right. I don’t want you feeling tired at work.”

I looked at the watch on my left hand and gasped at the lateness. I was having too much fun with them that I forgot it was so late already and I still have my job which is full day tomorrow for I covered up for one of the waitress. NaNa only have her shift at night so she can rest more. “Ma-ja yo. Ah, it’s quite late already. And full day tomorrow.” I said.

“Don’t worry Seungyeon ah. Onew hyung will send you back safely.” Minho said to me.

“Neh.” I said. Then I spot Taemin was asleep at the corner of a sofa. “Omo. Look at Taemin. He must be tired for him to fall asleep when everybody is still in the room talking.” I said.

“Ah. He must be tired. We went to the theme park before coming back home and he rode so many rides. I’ll bring him to the room hyung. You take Seungyeon and NaNa home.” Minho said and stood up to carry Taemin to his room. I am really amazed by these guys. They really took care of each other.

“Come on then.” Jinki oppa said. He took my hand and led me to NaNa who was still talking with Jonghyun. “Sorry to interrupt you guys but I’m going to send Seungyeon back so NaNa I’ll send the both of you back home.”

“Ah. It’s late already. Seungyeon, you even have a full day shift tomorrow right. Okay, let’s go.” NaNa said and tried to stand up but was prevented by Jonghyun.

“Wait.” Jonghyun said while grabbing NaNa’s hand and made her sit back down. “I can send NaNa back later. We were still talking.” 

Suddenly Key was beside Jonghyun and Key took a pillow and banged it on Jonghyun’s head. “Yah, pabo ya. She doesn’t have to take her rest just to talk with you? And you expect her to leave Seungyeon alone in their dorm room?” 

NaNa looked at Key and a small smile can be seen at the corner of her lips. Jonghyun rubbed his head and glanced at Key. “Well, when you put it that way. I guess you’re right.” He relented.

“Of course I am right. I’m always right.” Key huffed.

NaNa suddenly laughed and said, “Not always.”

Jonghyun looked at her and Jinki oppa and I just looked at the scene in front of us. “Mwo?” Key yelled.

“I said not always okay.” NaNa said again. “You can’t always win against me.”

“Really?” Key said dangerously.

“Neh.” NaNa said nonchalantly.

“You asked for it.” Key said then he lifts NaNa up and started to kiss her full on the lips. He put his right hand behind NaNa’s neck and his left hand grabbed NaNa’s waist. His kissed was hard and fast. I can see NaNa froze at first and tried to shut at the same time struggled to push Key away. But before she can really push him away, Key let her go and grinned at her. “Now who say I can’t win?”

We were all shocked by the scene in front of us and just stay rooted to our place. Me and Jinki oppa standing near Key and NaNa while Jonghyun still seated on the sofa with his mouth hanging open. 

NaNa just glared at Key silently and stormed out of the apartment. Key seemed to just woke up from his foolishness. His grin wiped off from his face and he seemed confused and guilty at the same time. I let go of Jinki oppa’s hand and ran to catch up with NaNa. I heard Jinki oppa said to Key, “Why did you do that?”

“I don’t know.” Key answered quietly and the door was closed behind me, blocking any more conversation that they had.


***


To be continued...


A/N:
*mehrong = the action of sticking your tongue out

A lot happened in this party huh.. First the laughter moment, then a sweet and sober moment of OnTae then the shocking incident. What will happened to them now after what has happened? Hope you guys enjoy this chapter. Subscribers are love and constructive comments are always appreciated. ^.^v


@theclumsywitch: Lol.. Now you're turning to Key huh.. Hehehe.. They are aren't they. :) Thank you for your comment.

@sujufan4life: Well yeah. Key does take NaNa for granted. He didn't  know that Jonghyun will accidentally met NaNa and asked her. He has his stupid ego that's why he didn't want to admit in the beginning. ^.^ Thank you for your comment.