Red

The Demon Inside Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyung Mi was startled at his offer. "W-What are you talking about." she squinted her eyes at him as he grazed his fingers on the unbloomed rose making it magically grow with nothing but his touch. He picked it off the bush and gave it to her with a puppy like smile.

 

"Prince Sunggyu... He's a little weak at the moment isnt he, Princess? Is there anything I could help you with? Some comfort maybe?" he asked politely before sitting beside her. She looked at the rose and sighed.

 

"If you ask me... Thats what he deserves, doesnt he?" he laughed. "But no matter how heavy one has sinned, they should be given a second chance, right?" Kyung Mi listened to his soothing voice as the words out of his mouth were smothered in justice and wisdom.

 

"But if they have lied, Princess. Their purity will be tainted forever since one has taken advantage of another." he said before his expression turned dark. He cleared his throat and looked back up to the Princess seeing her dull expression.

 

"Look Princess.. Sunggyu. He-"

 

"Princess Kyung Mi!" someone from the castle called. Kyung Mi looked away from Kyungsoo and towards the glass door that led into the castle.

 

"Uh oh. Looks like I'll finish later. It was an honor to talk to you, your highness." he bowed before he scattered away into the darkness. Kyung Mi tilted her head and turned back. "Y-Yah! Wait what about Sunggyu!" she said.

 

"Who were you talking to? Speaking of Sunggyu... Sunggyu's awake! Come on. He's looking for you" Dongwoo stuck his head out the door and grinned. Bringing up his name made her shot up from the bench clutching the rose while she ran inside. 

 

Sunggyu held himself up by a crutch in one arm. He looked awfully skinny, still having the muscles he had before but just less meat. 

 

"Sunggyu!" Kyung Mi ran up to him and hugged him tightly, expressing their love and relationship to everyone around. Sunggyu effortlessly smiled as he rested his chin on her shoulder while he sighed in relief.

 

She pulled away from him softly, careful enough to not push him back. "Are you okay? You've been sleeping the whole day. And you look exhausted! Its all because of me isnt it. I'm so stupid! I shouldnt have done anything stupid in the first place-"

 

"Relax, Princess.. I'm fine. I just need a few days to regenerate all of the spiritual energy I've lost. I'm fine." he softly smiled giving Kyung Mi her breath back when he called her Princess.

 

"Lets have dinner and catch up!" Woohyun suggested as he brought the food to the table along with Hoya. Kyung Mi helped Sunggyu to the table while Sungjong and Myungsoo stared holes into them with burning jealousy. 

 

Sunggyu held his head and groaned. "Here Hyung, the Lord was contacted and he told us to give you this..." Sungyeol came by with some pills and water. Sunggyu blinked a few times as he tried to register how the Lord had heard about his condition. Sungyeol motioned his hands closer to Sunggyu telling him to take them.

 

Sunggyu took them slowly one by one. "It'll take awhile to kick in. But they're suppose to help generate the flow again. Hang in there Hyung." Sungyeol said as he firmly grasped his shoulder, smiling at him. Sunggyu angrily looked down at his lap. He saw his owns hands and Kyung Mi's hand. He felt how tight she held them, making him feel a switch of roles in their relationship.

 

Sunggyu his bottom lip to stop the embarassment. Prince Sunggyu, the notorious leader, one who wields the dominant element, fire, is being taken care of by his dongsaengs. He looked up to Kyung Mi and saw her smiling face. It was all he needed to calm himself down.

 

"Hyung, is it okay for you to feed yourself? I mean, Kyung Mi could do it for you." Woohyun wriggled his eyebrows.

 

"I'm fine." he grumbled back at Woohyun. He picked up the fork straining himself to lift the small object. He srunched his nose hoping to not show his struggling. To top off his anger, the others decided to snicker making Sunggyu boil inside. His hand twitched as he held the fork and squinted his face in concentration. 

 

"Hyung... It looks like you need Kyung Mi to feed you... Babygyu~" Sungyeol pointed out making everyone at the table laugh. That was it. Sunggyu's anger triggered and he dropped the fork, Kyung Mi winced at the sound of the silverware as hit clattered on the table. Sunggyu shut his eyes and exhaled angrily. 

 

Everyone was shocked at his frustration and shutted their mouths. Kyung Mi glared at the boys in disappointement.

 

"Sunggyu, they didnt mean to tease.. Theyre just lighting the moment up-" 

 

"I dont ing care! I'm done eating." Sunggyu's hair turned red but he didnt have his powers yet. He only had the power to speak. Sunggyu trembled as he held onto his crutch to help stand him up. Sunggyu managed to stand and took a few shaky steps making him fall down.

 

Everyone at the table stood up in concern. Kyung Mi started to run to him and help him up. 

 

"Leave me alone! I can do it myself! I'm not weak!" Sunggyu yells. This whole recovery was taking forever and it drove him crazy. His self esteem shot lower than he could ever imagine and his dignity felt like it didnt exist after that fall. The boys couldnt help but snicker making Kyung Mi glare into their souls with her cold ice eyes, they stopped right away.

 

"She is so scary when she does that." Woohyun whispered into Hoyas ear. "Shut up!" he hissed quietly. Sunggyu grunted as he tried to get up. He crawled to his crutch, slowly bracing himself up and shook off Kyung Mi's aid whenever she tried to help him.

 

He limped stubbornly to his room and slammed the door shut making everyone wince at the sound. Sunggyu was tired of hearing everything. Because of his pride and personality, he took those jokes more personal than anyone else would. At that moment he hid his disappointed face and buried his embarassment into the pillow along with his face. 

 

He yelled and cried into the pillow hiding the anger and disappointment, carefully not to share it with anyone else but himself. If he had his full power, he would probably burn the whole castle down until all the particles had been burned by his bare hands. But he was too tired and weak, he couldnt do any more than that.

 

Kyung Mi quickly ate her food and carried Sunggyus portion toward his room. She felt sympathy for him since she knew how important power was to him, after all, he is the Lord of Pride. She felt how hurt he would be since his Pride would be something vital like his heart.

 

She knocked on the door lightly, covering as she gasped when she heard him crying. She waited for him to eventually stop before she cautiously opened the door. She heard soft sniffles as she saw him lay on his stomach, hugging the pillow with his head buried into it. She sets the bowl of food on the night stand before sitting on the bed.

 

"Sunggyu...." she spoke softly as she tapped on his back. Sunggyu shook his head, refusing to turn around. "Sunggyu please. You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter