Prince Sunggyu's Past

The Demon Inside Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Italics are flashbacks! Hope they arent too confusing. -K.L

 

No One POV

 

Sunggyu felt a little bit greedy for kissing her like that. He knew that the consequences would run along the lines of 'unrequited love' for Kyung Mi. But the truth was that Sunggyu actually loves her, too much to admit it. Okay Sunggyu, let go now.. Let go before you cant stop later, he yelled in his head.

 

"Yah! You bastard!" they both broke apart from the kiss. Kyung Mi gasped at the action of a familiar stranger who had ended up on Sunggyu. They both fell onto the ice, with Youngjae on top of Sunggyu, throwing a punch or two on Sunggyu's handsome face.

 

"Yah! Yoo Youngjae, what the hell do you think you're doing! Stop it!" Kyung Mi yelled. Suprisingly Sunggyu didnt fight back and let Youngjae beat the crap out of him. It was only until Kyung Mi pried Youngjaes fingers off of Sunggyu. Kyung Mi defensively stood in front of Sunggyu who was barely sitting on the ice, removing his ice skates slowly, with all the efforts he had left.  

 

He could feel the blood from his forehead drip down the side of his face. He could taste the blood in his mouth since the son of a gun, Youngjae, managed to not only cut the outside of his lip, but also the inside of his mouth since Sunggyus teeth were known to be sharper than any other demon. Sunggyu mentally cursed, who would've known that it would be this big of a 'help'.. Curse my sharp teeth, he thought as he dabbed his mouth with his jacket.

 

This blood, should be the blood he deserved to shed, he thought. He thought that this could wash away his sins but he knows for sure, even if all the blood in his body was extracted out, it wouldnt even be half of what he should owe.

 

"What the hell is wrong with you, Youngjae!" Kyung Mi yelled.  Youngjae was furious! How can a person like Kyung Mi defend a person like him! He got more fumed and attempted to move Kyung Mi aside to finish Sunggyu off. Kyung Mi threatened to use her body to protect him and raised her arms apart from each side, not letting Youngjae move.

 

"Move! Why are you defending this monster! He's.. He's a jerk!" Youngjae yelled.

 

"Go home already, Youngjae.." Kyung Mi scolded.

 

"Go.. go home?! You want me to go home so you can go home with this... With this hooligan?!" Youngjae pointed at the helpless Sunggyu who is struggling to get on his feet.

 

"You dont know him, Youngjae." 

 

"I do know him, I know him very well." Youngjae boasted. Kyung Mi felt a pair of hot hands through her long socks and looked down to see Sunggyu who managed to pull himself up. His right eye was partially closed due to Youngjae, but then again, his eyes were so small, you could even say that his right eye was completly closed!

 

"You-You two sort this out. Okay? I'll see you in a bit." Sunggyu said in a weak but sincere voice. Kyung Mi choked on her words as she tried to follow the wobbling Sunggyu, slowly getting farther but Youngjae grabbed her by the wrist to turn her attention back to him.

 

"Han Kyung Mi.. Can you go back home and let everything be back to normal, huh? What the hell is wrong with you? You've changed ever since... Ever since him! I thought we were going to work this out. I thought we were going to work us out...." Youngjae looked at her with an angry expression which had a hint of pain.

 

"Yoo Youngjae there is no us, anymore. We parted a long time ago. And I dont want to get back with you." Kyung Mi tried to shake of his grip but he was too strong.

 

"You dont want to or you cant, Kyung Mi?" he asked. Kyung Mi built up all the courage to respond to him.

 

"I-" Kyung Mi sighed. "Just.. Stop trying to look for me. After today. I'm going to really disappear, Youngjae." Kyung Mi looked at him dead in the eye.

 

"You're.. You're really going to go with him.. You're really going to go, with him?!!" Youngjae threw a fit and threw something on the ice making a clank. Kyung Mi looked down and saw a ring. Not just a ring. But their ring.

 

"Kim Sunggyu... Died at age 24 and at the crime scene in which he committed second degree murder.. You're planning on leaving with him?" Youngjae scoffed.

 

Kyung Mi shivered at the word 'murder' but she had no idea what he was talking about. "What are you..."

 

"Thats right I looked him up. You're saying you want to leave with him?" Youngjae said as he stepped up closer to her.

 

"Thats his past. He can change-"

 

"People dont change just like that, Kyung Mi." Youngjae stated.

 

"Thats because you dont know him enough like I do. I trust him Youngjae... And.. I love him.." she mumbled the last part. 

 

"You're crazy! Crazy, Kyung Mi! Why are you doing this to me!" Youngjae cried. "The Han Kyung Mi i know wouldnt do this..." he murmured.

 

He was right. Han Kyung Mi would never do such a thing. She was too scared of taking risks in the first place. But something about Sunggyu made her change. Youngjae came up with his final conclusion which he soon had to face. Kim Sunggyu, is a lucky bastard who managed to change her. And thats all Youngjae needed to analyze about him.

 

Kyung Mi walked up to him and embraced him. Youngjae in his breath has her cold body touched his. He wrapped his arms around her and nuzzled into her neck to take a last whiff of her scent which drove him crazy.

 

"Thank you, Yoo Youngjae. For being there for me. For loving me. For caring. For being my first love." she trembled between the last line.

 

"I'll get you in the next life, Han Kyung Mi." Youngjae chuckled before in his tears. They pulled away and she wiped the tears off his face. 

 

"Bye Oppa" Kyung Mi smiled trying to hide that she's heartbroken.

 

"Bye, jagiya." Youngjae wiped his tears and weaky waved. He sighed as he watched her as she skated slowly off the ice.

 

"Han Kyung Mi..." he said.

 

She turned back when she got off the ice. "What?"

 

"Is it because he's more handsome than me?" he joked. She laughed lightly. "Could be..." she replied with a chuckle.

 

Youngjae smiled before kneeling down to pick up the ring he threw. He sighed. "In the next life, you'll be mine again." He said softly before putting the ring in his pocket.

 

~~

 

Sunggyu walked in pain to a nostalgic place. He didnt know where the pain was numbing him. His lip? His eye? His heart? His soul? Sunggyu breathed harshly and walked up to the steps of a nice house that was big enough for 2. He sat on the stairs at the bottom of the porch and leaned his messed up head against the rail.

 

He heard the droplets of his blood drip onto the stairs and soon saw his own tears, drip down. He heard the door open and stopped crying. His heart felt like it had imploded for a second when he heard her voice. He was shaking and hesitant while he lifted his head off the railing when he heard the rocking chair behind him rock.

 

"Yeobo..." a mans voice called out. "Lee Seo Mi... Your husband is calling you and you dont even answer?" he heard the man say.

 

"I'm out here, yeobo." her voice echoed throughout his head. Sunggyu was mentally begging her to stop talking when the man decided to sit out there with her.

 

"I told you to stop you !" Sunggyu got up and turned around. Tears were streaming down his eyes while the veins on his neck popped out in anger. 

 

"Shall we go watch a movie together?" he asked while he took her hand into his. She smiled and kissed him on the cheek making Sunggyu fall on his knees.

 

"You're happy arent you. Arent you Seo Mi!" Sunggyu yelled as he slammed his fists on the stairs. 

 

"Omo, what was that." Seo Mi jumped.

 

"It's probably the old wood. I'll get it fixed tomorrow. Lets go in. Its cold." the door closed and Sunggyu rests his head on the staircase, crying.

 

"You .. How can you look so innocent when you've killed me!" Sunggyu yelled.

 

~~

 

Kyung Mi was thinking about whether the powers of the claiming mark on her wrist, works backwards. She closed her eyes to sense where he was and for some reason it worked. She walked into a nice neighborhood, much like Hollywood, but this one had nice but small houses.

 

She heard sniffles when she saw the feet of a man as she came up the hill. She walked closer to see no one other than Sunggyu who had his elbows resting on his thighs, resting his forehead on his palms, hiding his face.

 

"Sunggyu ah." she approached him and knelt down. She held onto his hands to put them down.

 

"H-How did you know I was here?" he asked.

 

"Part of my power.." Kyung Mi chuckled. She frowned when she didnt hear him laugh. She sat next to him, rubbing his back. "Let it all out, Sunggyu. I know you've been crying. Your puffy eyes say it all" she said. That was all it took for Sunggyu to break on his edge of tears.

 

"She's such a !" he yelled.

 

"Look what you've done to me you- you !" Kyung Mi rubbed his back until he finished crying and yelling. He felt emotional and physical pain after he was done. All the energy that he had left was gone after his last wave of tears(no pun intended LOLOL)

 

"Lee Seo Mi was the name. The one that I'll never forget." he said as he leaned on her shoulder. Kyung Mi opened all ears to what he had to say next.

 

"When I graduated highschool and college with a business degree, my parents decided it was time for me to get married." he scoffed. "I could care less since I already had the company in my hands. I had so much prestige, I didnt care whatever happened to me." 

 

"So. Mother set me up on a date with a girl who was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter