The Beginning

The Demon Inside Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Han Kyung Mi is the name, she lives with her parents and her giant baby brother, JunHong or also known as Zelo. She attends Woollim High School and is a straight A student. She's quite the average girl. She's beautiful, she has a hobby and she works at a coffee shop as her part time job. Her life was so normal that she even thought it was creepy. But she was thankful for everything that she has and never questions anything neither does she ask for more. But thats because she never knew that for almost 18 years, she has been living a lie.

 

Han Kyung Mi was born with a incurable sickness that required her to take medication everyday in order for the pain to reduce. She never questioned her illness. She felt that there was no need to since she knew her parents would take care of her no matter what. Thats because she's not aware of the monster thats been inside her since birth.

 

Han Kyung Mi is an Ice Princess. She gives off a cold icy vibe although in the inside she was innocent and pure like a white snowflake falling from the sky in mid winter. She was kind to nature and she cares for her family more than herself. She's also literally an ice princess because she loves to ice skate. She lost the will to love when she was dumped by one of the most popular boys in her school, the flower boy as they call him, Yoo Youngjae. After that, she rejected all of the boys that lined up in order to ask her to be their valentine. Even girls feared her, none of them ever bother to befriend her. As they would say, she is cold as ice.

 

"Kyung Mi ah! Wake up its time for school!" Jae Hwa, her appa called. "JunHong, go wake up your sister or you both are going to be late!" he scolded at JunHong.

 

"I dont really care if we're late." JunHong casually said as he chomped on his apple to its core as he sat on the couch. In Sook slapped him behind his head.

 

"Ouch! Omma!" JunHong rubbed his head.

 

"You heard your father! Go wake her up!" In Sook scolded.

 

"Kyung Mi Noona takes FOREVER to wake up. She's like a gorilla and sleeps heavily." JunHong groans.

 

"I'm a what?" Kyung Mi asks as she walks down the stairs.

 

Junhong jumps to his feet and rubs the back of his neck, "A beautiful polar bear that sleeps peacefully on an ice cap, Noona." 

 

"Mmhm... Of course. Get over here." Kyung Mi held out her signature claw, ready to grip his ears. "Andwae! Appa! Save me!" Junhong runs behind his father.

 

"Are you feeling better?" Jae Hwa asked.

 

"It was a lot worse yesterday night. I couldnt sleep well. Hopefully it doesnt grow worse at night. But thanks for asking." she held her stomach as she sat down at the dinner table, thinking that she'll spare Junhong.

 

"its almost time.." In Sook mouthed at Jae Hwa

 

"Shh!" Jae Hwa puts his index finger at his lips.

 

"Whats for breakfast, appa?" Kyung Mi was unaware of what was happening.

 

"Bacon, eggs and toast!" he brought the plate and placed it on the table with a glass of water.

 

Kyung Mi opens her bottle of pills and swallowed one after taking a sip of water.

 

"Noona, how about some jjajangmyun afterschool? Can we?" JunHong pleaded as he held onto her arm.

 

"JunHong, you need to give your sister a break, you know she has work afterschool and she hasnt been feeling well. She needs to rest because tomorrow is a very big day for her." In Sook said.

 

"Kurae.. Noona IS getting pretty old." JunHong joked.

 

"You also know that tomorrow is very important to her and she's going to feel worse- i mean worse as in, she's gonna feel worse if you keep working her." Jae Hwa cleared his throat.

 

"Yeobo!" In sook mouthed.

 

"Noona! I'll buy!!!" Zelo puts his hands together and shakes it.

 

"Arasso, afterschool before work." Kyung Mi smiled as she pinched his cheeks. She ate the rest of her breakfast and went upstairs to change her clothes.

 

"Junnie, ppali. You know that I hate being late." Kyung Mi yelled.

 

"I'm coming!" Zelo announced as he rushed down the stairs.

 

In Sook and Jae Hwa watched them as Kyung Mi drove them off to school. 

 

"Yeobo, It's tomorrow. Ottoke.." In Sook panicked as she was washing the dishes.

 

"18 years has passed by so quickly. We need to do what she told us to do."

 

"What THEY told us to do.."

 

Jae Hwa nodded. "She'll be in tremendous pain tomorrow night."

 

"We need to protect her from him."

 

"From THEM. From those monsters." Jae Hwa clenched his fist.

 

"For it was Princess Haneul's last wish for her loving daughter." In Sook wiped her tears.

 

"We're ready, Haneul ah. We will protect her even if it costs our lives." Jae Hwa held In Sooks hand as he looked up in the sky.

 

******

 

"Zelo, pay attention in class. And dont skip, or I'll kill you when we get home." Kyung Mi flicked his forehead.

 

"Ouch! Arasso! I'll see you afterschool." Zelo hugged his sister one last time before he walked into his class.

 

"Well wasnt that a pleasant site to see, right YoungJae?" a deep voice bellowed.

 

KyungMi froze at the name YoungJae and didnt bother to turn around she started to walk the oppisite way to avoid contact.

 

"She's running away again, Hyung." someone said.

 

"She's just embarassed because she got dumped." another one said.

 

Kyung Mi couldnt take it anymore. Her hot temper was the only thing that kept her from her title as Ice Princess. But everyone already knew about her hot temper, thats why they were always avoiding to have a conversation with her.

 

"Shut the up you little tramps or I'll shut it for you." she stared deeply into their souls with her famous cold stare.

 

"What a feisty little attitude she has, Hyung. No wonder you couldnt take it anymore."

 

"You dont know anything about me, so shut it." Kyung Mi was right. They knew nothing about her. They only know her as the famous Ice Princess at Woollim High.

 

Youngjae just stood there staring at her with a soft gaze. Kyung Mi was too blinded by her fury. But she was too tired today to deal with them. She just walked away after she gave a long glare at Young Jae. He watched her walk away and felt regretful.

 

Another school day has passed. She didnt have a 6th period since she was a Senior now. So she did what she did everyday. She went to go to the frozen pond next to her school to ice skate.

 

This winter had came around the corner very early, Kyung Mi love it. Kyung Mi loved the feeling of ice and loved how the cold air of Seoul hit her face as she walked on the icy streets. 

 

"Wah... Daebak.." she said as she smiled and examined the pond. She sat on a local bench and put down her stuff before she put in her ice skates and stepped onto the ice. 

 

She really looked like a princess then. She had white milky skin and that was shown off by her white furry winter jacket. She looked like a beautiful swan on ice, it could melt the devils heart if he had seen her. She felt like someone was watching her. But she ignored it and continued to skate.

 

After twirling once, twice and tried for a third time but something started to hurt. Kyung Mi clutched her stomach, lost her balance and fell onto the ice. Someone came running onto the ice ignoring that he could slip and fall down. Miraculously he didnt slip and slid down on his knees to her like James Bond in one of his movies.

 

"Kyung Mi ah! Gwenchana?" Youngjae reached out to touch her but he remembered that he didnt have the right to so he too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter