The Chaser

The Demon Inside Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No One POV

 

What the hell is she suppose to do? Scream and yell for help? Hell no. Would she want to portray herself like that in front of Sunggyu? 

 

"Babe, I miss you!" yeah thats the last thing she would do. Thats not a good idea. She couldnt throw herself over him even though she wanted to. Sunggyu would never take her back and she knew in the back of her head that she made a mistake of leaving him in the first place.

 

Then whats the last option? Fight? Lets go for it! Kyung Mi's mind was on it. She had no choice but to go with it. She gulped before she spoke, "I dont want to have to fight you, Sunggyu.." she said softly. Her soft voice caressed his ears, he groaned at the sensation that he was getting just from hearing her talk.

 

Sunggyu tilted his head and raised his eyebrow slightly. "Who said anything about fighting, babe?" he said as he took a step forward making Kyung Mi step back.

 

Sunggyu's steps progressively got faster making Kyung Mi match the same speed. But when he started to run towards her, Kyung Mi panicked at the beast that was coming towards her and blindly threw ice shards that projected towards Sunggyu. Sunggyu hit the brakes and his eyes widened as he watched the shards cut his cheek since he was too late to dodge it by a mere microsecond.

 

Kyung Mi opened her eyes at Sunggyu who's cheek had a slash. Kyung Mi was scared to death, she didnt know what was going to happen next. he'll definitely never show any signs of mercy now. That was it for her.

 

Sunggyu smirked at the thick liquid that was now on the pads of his fingers when he swiped the blood of his cheek. This was just a paper cut, not only to him but to any being in general. But the cut on his beautiful face that was caused by a girl was equivalent to a jab through his pride.

 

Kyung Mi was absolutely terrified when he saw his reaction. It was an image that she'll never forget until the day that she stopped existing. Sunggyu was beyond angry, he looks like he was going to chew her head off by just looking at her. She knew that she had made one big mistake.

 

Sunggyu's hair proceded to turn blazing red as a sign of anger. Kyung Mi was in deep now. Sunggyu pushed himself to get a head start, putting force on his toes to sending him off the ground towards her direction at an accelerating speed that cut the wind in his way. Kyung Mi panicked when he got close enough for her to feel his hot aura before she rolled forward to dodge his attack.

 

Kyung Mi turned back to see the ground imprinted by his blow with just one fist and was amazed. Sunggyu swiftly turned around and glared at her. 

 

"Whats the matter, Princess. Show me what you've got!" he yelled the last part as he produced a mass amount of fire out of his palms. Kyung Mi gasped before she raised her hands to command a thick wall of ice to rise for defense.

 

"Is that all you can do?!" his voice projected over the sizzles produced as his scorching flames hit the surface of her sub-freezing ice wall. Sunggyu had to admit. Her protesting gave him excitement, he felt like he was having fun playing a little game with his love. He found it absolutely attractive that she was putting up with his anger and acutally fighting back. She had give him one hell of an effort to fight back.

 

Kyung Mi slightly struggled to keep up with his stamina capacity. Sunggyu kept the fire going while Kyung Mi on the other side was breathing harshly. But she couldnt give up now, the battle was just getting started. She took a deep breath before she spreaded her wings.

 

Sunggyu from the other side saw white objects spreading out through the ice wall. He didnt get a clear image but he understood what was happening. Her wings magnificently spreaded comfortably making Sunggyu stare in awe, forgetting to put more strength into his fire.

 

He watched her fly up from the ice wall and soar straight down to him. He didnt have enough time to react since Kyung Mi was bold enough to tackle him straight to the ground at a supersonic rate causing the two to tumble across the ground on top of each other. Kyung Mi looked at the struggling Sunggyu beneath her and stared down at him.

 

"I told you I dont want to go back!" she said as she gripped his wrists to pin them above his head. Han Kyung Mi, she's stepping on Sunggyu's pride right now! First she cut his flawless face and now she's the one dominated him. No way. Sunggyu couldnt let this get to him but since when did she get so strong?

 

With a grunt, Sunggyu turned them over. "You're not making this easy for me, Princess. Come back to me.. now." he commanded. There it is. It's still here, Kyung Mi mentally said. The power he had still had its validation after all these years. He could tell her to do anything and she would be happy to oblige. Why? Because it was Kim Sunggyu.

 

She stopped struggling for a second to admire his beautiful face from the short distance that was between their faces. Kyung Mi caught him off guard and kneed him in the groin before she mumbled something along the lines of 'sorry'. She pushed his miserable body to the side before she ran off into the burning town.

 

The town could be acknowledged as completly destroyed. The only light luminating the environment was the fire coming from each building. Pieces of the peoples homes were falling off making Kyung Mi scream when she had to dodge them. She didnt dare to look back and only looked in front like a horse in a race. She was scared that if she looked back, Sunggyu would be there to-

 

"Kyung Mi!" she heard a voice before she was knocked on the head by a falling piece of wood from the roof of the building above her. Sunggyu paced desperately, despiting his groin pain, to defend her before the whole building collapsed on her.

 

"Kyung Mi ah!" he yelled as he shook her body. He held her in his arms to only have the blood from the back of her head bleed into his hand. "No no no..." he chanted. He heard the crackling above him before he spreaded his own wings to defend their bodies from being crushed by the falling roof above.

 

Sunggyu gritted his teeth at the pain as the fragments impaled him slightly causing an uncomfortable yet painful feeling. But as long as she's safe. After it was over her lifted his wings to examine her body.

 

"Good. She's not hurt.." he took this chance to caress the cheeks that he'd always touch since he loved them so much. His hand trembled when her eyes fluttered.

 

Her blurry vision of Sunggyu was too good to be true. His glittering eyes were staring down at hers making her smile. "Kyung Mi..." he said softly.

 

"S-Sunggyu..." she mouthed before her eyes closed. His eyes widened and he panicked. "This is not good... what do I do first?!" he yelled at himself in frustration. 

 

"Hyung!!" he heard someone yell from afar. He looked up to see Dongwoo standing from across the street with the others. 

 

"You're okay. I got ya.. " he comforted the unconcious Kyung Mi. He scooped her up into his arms with one hand hooked under her knees and the other around her waist. Her head rested comfortably on his warm chest making him smile before he rushed over to them.

 

"Lets go!" Sunggyu commanded before spreaded his wings to fly toward the gates. Sunggyu wondered about how the rest of Infinite had delt with Exo-K. They looked scratched but he wondered if they had actually killed them or not. But he didnt bother to ask since he had one objective in mind. 

 

They wanted to the Princess out without hurting her.. Whoops. Sunggyu broke the rule by accident. 

 

"Hyung, they barracaded the gate.." Woo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter