Plans and a Confession

The Demon Inside Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyung Mi POV

 

I sat on the bench and plugged in my headphone, bobbing my head and tapping my foot lightly to the rhythm as I waited for someone. I wriggle my nose to keep my blood circulating before the frosty Seoul air freezes it.

 

I heard someone approaching, assuming that its him and- SPLAT. I yanked out my headphones and stuffed my mp3 player into my bag blindly since there was snow on my face not to mention importantly ON MY EYES. I heard him snicker as his footsteps were heard behind me and to my right. His hot lips pecked my cheek before he cutely skipped away.

 

"Kim Sunggyu!" I yelled making him snicker childishly. I wiped the cold layer of snow off my face before chasing after Sunggyu. 

 

"Cant catch me! Haha!" Sunggyu exclaimed before running into the snowy pathway which had trees beside it, covered in snow. I ran with all my might making Sunggyu yell in fear as I managed to grab on a part of his jacket. Sunggyu turned around breaking my fall since he stopped suddenly making me fall on top of him onto the 6 inched layer of snow on the floor.

 

He started laughing boyishly and I couldnt help it but to laugh along with him since I couldnt stay mad at him for long. His smiling face turned into a scrunched up expression much like when the ice cream you ate touched your tooth.

 

I sat up and pointed down at him laughing. "Ha ha! Thats what you get ers!" watching his face as he reacted to the snow on the back of his neck and head.

 

Sunggyu smirked making me aware of what exactly comes up next. I braced myself as he flipped us over making me gasp at the cool and wet snow on my back.

 

"Thats not fair! You got me twice!" I pouted. He kept himself up by his palms on each side of my head. I watch his eyes squint and one side of his mouth curved upwards as he lowers himself, resting his warm body against mine. I didnt feel cold and numb anymore when he did that and blushed. I looked away and avoided eye contact with him to save me the embarassment.

 

"I'll make it up to you." he said in a low voice making me curious so I turned to look at him. He smiled at me and pecked my lips countless of times. Short, sweet kisses that made me giggle against his lips. It all felt too good to be true just to be next to him, sometimes I question my trust in him. Dont get me wrong, I love to be next to Sunggyu in his arms, feeling the warmth he gives me sometimes. But for some reason, I feel like he's forcing himself upon me.

 

My thoughts were shaken when the sky turned dark on us suddenly. Sunggyu widened his eyes and pulled away examining the dark red sky. "What the hell." he said as he helped me up from the snow.

 

"Han Kyung Mi... You're having too much fun without me.." its' voice echoed throughout the forest giving me shivers that I've felt before. Oh no. The darkness grew as his demonic laugh grew louder. 

 

"Kyung Mi!" Sunggyu yelled as he was pulled away from me by an invisible force.

 

"Sunggyu ah!" I grabbed his hand but the force pulled him away making our fingers slide away from each others touch. I ran towards him but my surroundings make me seem like I'm not making any progress as I ran. I closed my eyes and sprinted towards Sunggyus direction but he faded into the darkness making me cry out his name. I lost my vision and fell to the ground in sudden exhaustion.

 

I opened my eyes to a new location. Well sort of new. I've been here once before. It's not a place that I'd like to remember. It was the home of the demon inside of me. It was unbearably cold. I hated being in this atmosphere, but how ironic is it that this is whats inside me.

 

"We meet again, Princess." he appeared right before my eyes making me gasp. He chuckled.

 

"Didnt mean to scare you, Princess. But I didnt get to formally introduce myself. You can call me Kyung Eul, my soul, its made of your moms and your dads spiritual power." he laughed. I stepped back one step for precaution when he held out his hand. When i rejected it he pulled his hand back to his side.

 

"Haneul.. Kyung Jae.. Kyung Mi.. Kyung Eul. We're like a family arent we? You can call me oppa if you'd like?" he joked. The pit of my stomach felt ill and made me want to throw up at his sick joke.

 

"I will never consider you as my family." I said.

 

He laughed and clapped."Good one, Princess. You're right. I am not considered your family. Because I am a part of you, right?" he said. I didnt answer making him smirk while he stepped forward making me step back.

 

"I see that the Lord of Hell has discovered my weakness...But that greatly interferes with you heavily, my Princess." he said.

 

"What are you talking about.." I asked in confusion.

 

His face tells me a story that he's hiding but his mouth wont speak of it. "I'll keep it simple and short. I'm doing this to help you, Princess. I mean. You wouldnt want to see anyone get hurt in the process... right?" he taunted and walked around me making me stress my shoulders in fear when he mentioned 'hurt'

 

"Maybe that pretty boy you hang out with... Whats his name?" my eyes widened and I clenched my sweaty hands resulted from being scared. I heard him stop his footsteps making his voice audibly shoot straight into my ear very clearly.

 

"Kim.. Sunggyu?" my heart dropped at the mention of his name. I turn to look at him with a serious face but he only laughed when he saw how serious I was.

 

"What do you mean..." i asked him.

 

"Nothing much... I'm just envious... His power is great. And his soul is delicious." Kyung Eul his lips. I looked at his face which flashed for a mere second of Sunggyus face. I gasped.

 

"You're consuming him!" I exclaimed.

 

"Took you long enough, Princess. Gee. I thought you were smart." he scoffed.

 

At the moment I didnt fear for myself anymore. I didnt care about what would happen to me. I only cared about Sunggyu. At the moment, it finally hit me. I do care about Sunggyu. Theres no doubt about that.

 

"As your love grows for him, I feed on his power, mwuhaha. Delicious. His spiritual power is magnificent." he mockingly laughed. This isnt going to be good. I know its hard to trust what this demon is saying but it all made sense.

 

Yesterday nights pain was 10x worse than it was before. That was because he kissed me. 

 

"As long as he has your heart... I have the access to drain his power. Unless he produces some sort of additional power that could outstand me before I drain it, you could pretty much call him weak." 

 

"But on the other hand... L..." he shivered after saying his name. 

 

"Leave Sunggyu alone please... Hurt me instead.." I pleaded. 

 

"Of course I need you, Princess. But Sunggyu's power is like a drug. That fiery sensation against my cold, ice, hard heart. It feels like I'm on ecstasy." he took a deep breath and sighed

 

"I'll just... I'll just stop seeing Sunggyu.." I offered.

 

He raised an eyebrow and smirked, giving me chills down my spine. "Can you really do that, Princess?"

 

.. He's got me. His intimidation made my eye twitch in anger. I clenched my fist and looked at him straight in the eyes, those ice blue eyes that pierced mine.

 

"I'll protect him. From you." 

 

He bent over and started laughing. "Are you really capable of doing so, Princess?"

 

"Just watch me. I'll outpower you." I said.

 

"But Princess... You might be a little bit too late.." he said as he smirked showing his demonic fangs. 

 

"I'll protect him! You just watch!" I ignored his statement, not knowing what he meant as he sent me back to my own world without my will. "Yah! I'm not finished talking to you!" I yelled.

 

I shot up in cold sweat and g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter